Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana (30719 Views)

NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North / In Case You Missed-middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits –jerry Gana / The Niger Delta Will Be The Most Developed If Nigeria Splits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
Nowenuse:

Outdated abokii, we are no longer in the 1st republic or colonial period. A northern Nigerian federating government has died!
We now have only our states as federating units and the people of any groups of states are free to identify themselves however they please!

All Southerners are Southerners by political classification, but the Biafra (Igbo identity), Oduduwa (yoruba identity) and Niger-delta (South-south minorities identity) remains unique.
Everyone must know where his father's compound begins and ends when it comes to socio-cultural identification.

Stop being a unity beggar! Are you hausa-fulanis cursed parasites who cannot survive without parasitizing others? Why can't you be concerned about the affairs of Hausa and fulani land alone?

You must have not only failed JAMB but also basic comprehension; look at you repeating exactly the same position that had already been painstakingly explained to you - as though you understood absolutely nothing from it; what a shame, common comprehension sef you no sabi! shocked

How also ironical that you should be calling me outdated; yet in the same breath still be clinging on to the same outdated nomenclature of the old regions - a case approbating and reprobating at the same time.

If you had any sense and had carefully read my posts you would have realised that I was only arguing on the legality of the middle belt as a federating unit; and contrary to your assertion I was never begging or appealing to anybody for unity but advancing the freedom of any unhappy party to walk away - so stop talking rubbish - yet again another example of your embarrassingly failed comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
Nowenuse:

Yes, the northern region is a legal entity but Arewa is not a legal entity, it is a figment and coinage of Hausa-fulanis.

The Southern region is also a legal entity
, but that doesn't make all Southerners one people or speak with one voice. Yorubas, Igbos and Niger-deltans all answer their own fathers name and speak for only themselves!

Igbos speak for Igbos, Yorubas speak for yorubas and Niger-deltans speak for only Niger-deltans.
So, henceforth, Hausa-fulanis should start speaking for themselves alone.

Middlebelters can be legally part of the northern region but it is not compulsory for us to answer the same father's name with Hausa-fulanis. We must not speak with one voice. We must not belong to the same socio-cultural organizations.

Very soon, we the youths of the middlebelt will protest against our elders and governors associationg with any Arewa group! However, those who still want to join are free, but we will let them know that they are speaking for themselves alone! And not the people of the middlebelt!

Having clearly explained (within the 1st sentence of my post) that Arewa a.k.a. north a.k.a. Northern Region are synonyms of the same thing and further reiterated that anyone not happy with the union is free to go - I am therefore at a loss as what you still want me to say.

BTW, note that under the old regional system there was no such thing as southern region but rather the southern part of Nigeria, as it were, comprised the following federating units: Western, Eastern and Mid-Western Regions.

Meanwhile, you are free to sit back and wish away whatever you want against the realities on the ground (that's your own prerogative); however, try and get your facts right before you speak and stop pls arguing like someone who nature had dealt a wick blow and exchanged his brain with that of a donkey - it is really embarrassing.
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nowenuse: 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

You must have not only failed JAMB but also basic comprehension; look at you repeating exactly the same position that had already been painstakingly explained to you - as though you understood absolutely nothing from it; what a shame, common comprehension sef you no sabi! shocked

How also ironical that you should be calling me outdated; yet in the same breath still be clinging on to the same outdated nomenclature of the old regions - a case approbating and reprobating at the same time.

If you had any sense and had carefully read my posts you would have realised that I was only arguing on the legality of the middle belt as a federating unit; and contrary to your assertion I was never begging or appealing to anybody for unity but advancing the freedom of any unhappy party to walk away - so stop talking rubbish - yet again another example of your embarrassingly failed comprehension.

Is it just me or am i wasting my time with a hallucinating lunatic?
You are conspicuously the nincompoop utterly bereft of fundamental comprehension skills.

You are here pointing out people who failed Jamb and lack quality education, whereas the masses of your Hausa-fulani people are hopelessly wallowing in the abyss of illiteracy and horrendous poverty, with Hausa-fulani states leading the pack with the highest illiteracy and poverty rates in Nigeria, similar to Niger republic and Somalia.
So much for 'educated and enlightened people'.

No need for extraneous essays anymore. It is simple and official.
Most middlebelters are no longer interested in sharing the same social identity and destiny with Hausa-fulanis.

You guys speak for yourselves alone and we speak for ourselves alone. I hope there are no more arguments in this regard!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Gravas(m): 9:18am On Jul 05, 2017
Nowenuse. Am happy you have come to this conclusion. I was about telling you and mujtahida to stop wasting your time, energy and intelligence, trying to educate average morons who not only insists on being daft, but at the same time irritatingly display arrogance and sheer madness with a veil of intimidation. Mujtahida has clearly explained the origin of the categorization of the country into geopolitical zones, but the nincompoops are still insisting on an outdated arrangement. They are ignorant of the fact that, the 1999 Constitution (as amended) has nothing like geopolitical zones.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Gravas(m): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2017
Nowenuse:

Is it just me or am i wasting my time with a hallucinating lunatic?
You are conspicuously the nincompoop utterly bereft of fundamental comprehension skills.
You are here pointing out people who failed Jamb and lack quality education, whereas the masses of your Hausa-fulani people are hopelessly wallowing in the abyss of illiteracy and horrendous poverty, with Hausa-fulani states leading the pack with the highest illiteracy and poverty rates in Nigeria, similar to Niger republic and Somalia.
So much for 'educated and enlightened people'.
No need for extraneous essays anymore. It is simple and official.
Most middlebelters are no longer interested in sharing the same social identity and destiny with Hausa-fulanis.
You guys speak for yourselves alone and we speak for ourselves alone. I hope there are no more arguments in this regard!

Very good conclusion. We hv passed the era of intimidation. We are no longer in the 60s/70s. We don't want again. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nowenuse: 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
Gravas:
Nowenuse. Am happy you have come to this conclusion. I was about telling you and mujtahida to stop wasting your time, energy and intelligence, trying to educate average morons who not only insists on being daft, but at the same time irritatingly display arrogance and sheer madness with a veil of intimidation. Mujtahida has clearly explained the origin of the categorization of the country into geopolitical zones, but the nincompoops are still insisting on an outdated arrangement. They are ignorant of the fact that, the 1999 Constitution (as amended) has nothing like geopolitical zones.

Very true.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mujtahida: 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nowenuse:

Kudos bro.
Something tells me you are Ebira from Kogi. Am i right?
Igala. What of you?
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Minemrys: 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
Abfinest007:
good talk but u can't be on your own bcus u produce nothing
who do u think produces the crops u eat?
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Minemrys: 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
fiizznation:
What is middlebelt forum? Do you know that hausa/fulani are the second most populated ethnic group that made up the so-called middlebelt? There are indigenous fulanis in kwara, Niger, kogi, nassarawa states. Heck even plateau state have many fulani indigenes. But I bet you don't know this.

Anyway most of you are ignorant. So no surprises here.
fulani is n0t an indigene of kogi. Count kogi out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New Electricity Tariffs Effective In July - Minister / Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) / Peter Obi, Others Lose Abuja Lands, As Wike Revokes 167 Plots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.