Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana (30723 Views)

NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North / In Case You Missed-middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits –jerry Gana / The Niger Delta Will Be The Most Developed If Nigeria Splits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by SuperS1Panther: 12:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
coptic:

What do you expect from an illiterate that doesn't know anywhere besides Northern Kaduna.

Don't you know that their fathers tell them that the likes of Benue , Taraba, Nassarrawa, Kogi, Kwara are their feudal lands and as he is, he sees himself as the Lord of Benue, his younger brother will see himself as the Lord of Taraba and all of you are their subjects.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There is an urgent need for Middle Belt to be more vocally vociferous.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
Joseph Tarka started a Middle Belt party in the 60s because they see the Hausa Fulanis as parasites. Today the Middle belt have their own identity and have a lot of groups to identify themselves.

Stop being beggars. The middle belt is different from you people. Cc kyase coptic Terkimbi malton

Pls apply common sense to what you just wrote and explain to me since when does a party translate being a legitimate region or sub-region of the country? - you could say the same for the Niger Delta since there
are equally ppl identifying themselves as Niger Deltans; yet in reality it remains a mere geographical reference or expression without legal backing; same as the Middle Belt.
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by coptic: 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
Quality20:
Jerry boy is just a CAN die hard fanatic. Check d middle belt and see : 1 kogi- about 70% Muslims 2. Kwara -about 90% Muslims 3. Nassarawa - about 70% Muslims 4. Niger -about 90% Muslims 5.plateau- 30 - 40% Muslims 6. Benue approx 20 to 30% Muslims. So where are the Christians that Jerry boy is speaking for? We will never see him as our leader or speaker. His leadership only reverberates among the few Christians who see him as such

You go fear stats.

You must be dumb!

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by coptic: 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
fiizznation:
And who will drive them away? You? If I give you a dirty e-slap, you will see stars.

Nobody can drive a fulfude man away from anywhere. Deal with it!!!

But you can chase Igbos away from your region?

Damn

3 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Gravas(m): 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
coptic:

What do you expect from an illiterate that doesn't know anywhere besides Northern Kaduna.

My brother. That guy does not know anything. He is using arogance to cover his lack of understanding. Anyway, it is common with them to display arrogance and violence. They are always quick to insult.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by 9japride(m): 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

Have you been to the middle belt? You see the thing is this: even as at Pre indepence there was a political party called UMBC (United middle belt Congress) formed by J. S Tarka and Solomon Lar to pursue the political interest of the middle belt and give a voice to the minorities concentrated in the region. This party was the third largest opposition party in the Northern Nigeria Assembly. This party often aligned with Awolowo's Action Group.
If Awolowo at that time had the wisdom to align with this party I wonder why today politicians in the south don't do so. But the reason is that we lack politicians with the political clout and sagacity of J S Tarka who had the wisdom to float a distinct political party. Just as the minorities in the South (as in the Ijaws, Urhobos, Efiks, Anang, Ibibios, etc) are the softbelly to the South so also are the minorities in the North the key to unlocking the power of the North.

That's why when I see Igbos, Yorubas and the Ijaws, Itshekiris, Urhobos, Anangs insult each other here, when I see them pull in different directions it galls my heart. There's a political experiment that has never been tried before and this is it: the south(West and East and deep South) have never aligned before. If they do, I trust they can at least palm off Benue, Plateau, parts of Kogi, Nasarawa, Taraba, Adamawa, Kwara and Niger from the Northern juggernaut and demystify it forever! I believe in the voluntary unity of this country. If consensus for restructuring is formed along the lines I just outlined I believe the unclothedness of the North will be seen. They will come to the table and we will have the opportunity to birth a new nation.
[color=#006600][/color]

Wow! Thanks for the history lesson. You raised a valid point, it's just greediness of our leaders down south that is responsible for the situation we found ourselves. Why I came hard on the middle belt was their silence towards the negative grip of the northern cabals on their political aspirations and the way some of them view us. I believe if the southern parts can drop their differences and work with the middle belterns, the north with time will be very irrelevant in Nigeria. Though you guys should see southeasterns as a brother because we don't cause trouble. The civil war has really given Igbos a bad name and worse still, the absence of history in our schools is not helping matter. I believe strong and vibrant men should rise and move u guys to success and greatness as u said of S Tarka and Solomon Lar did before. Our reasoning is so messed up as a result of age long deprivation of a smooth environment for youths to grow mentally. Anyway, I thank God everyone is waking up now. I pray for the oil to dry up fast so that we all can know that we've been dreaming with nightmare all along. Thumbs up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mujtahida: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
fiizznation:
Well one hausa/fulani woman(Aisha isma'il) won the last election. It was just unfortunate that some people stole her mandate and gave it to the current governor. Btw, don't stress your head, you will see what will happen in the next governorship election.

Tell me, or rather just mention one tribe that is more populated than fulanis in taraba state wink
Jukun

3 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by edoyad(m): 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
So who was thinking that the Kabas, Nupes , Southern Kadunas, Tivs , Idomas , Jukuns , Kuteps, Zurus Beroms , Gbagis are being represented by those Rag tag morons that called on igbos to vacate. Like Gana said, let them go with their Arewa crap. The progressive Middle belt tribes aspire for greater things

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Gravas(m): 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Don't you know that their fathers tell them that the likes of Benue , Taraba, Nassarrawa, Kogi, Kwara are their feudal lands and as he is, he sees himself as the Lord of Benue, his younger brother will see himself as the Lord of Taraba and all of you are their subjects.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There is an urgent need for Middle Belt to be more vocally vociferous.

Very true!
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mujtahida: 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
fiizznation:
lol. I don't want to have this argument with you honestly. But go and do your own findings. You will most likely find out that majority of middlebeltans are muslims. It will likely be a 60% muslims to a 40% christians population. Go figure
You are making political calculations based on religion which might hold true if Nigeria maintains status quo but will prove very faulty if things like a split occurs because you have erroneously assumed that all Muslims in the middle belt are automatically children of the North. I don't think all Christians in the middle belt automatically belong to the middle belt. It would be extremely naive to think so. Interest not religion per se is what will determine. My ethnic group has lots of Muslims but I doubt if they will for that reason alone, go North

5 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Gravas(m): 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

Okay. Though I never opened a thread here on nairaland. How are you doing? I Was born and brought up in Makurdi. Msugh we

Kwagh er ga. Msugh u kpishi. Am doing fine. To open a thread, just click on Politics. You will see where to create a thread. Clik on it. You will first type the heading, followed by the content.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by coptic: 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

What is Arewa Consultative Forum? If the Hausa and the Fulani in the middle belt do not join the Middle belt forum it would not invalidate the forum. This is precisely the logic and mindset that has gotten us to where we are today : What is middle belt forum? Hear the hardly concealed scorn in your words, your contempt, your condescending arrogance! The middle belt are not a people fit to have their own forum unless they are joined to the Olympian gods in the North.
It's high time we all cured our minds of this outlook. It has not helped us as a nation for 57 years. Let us try a new option where everybody is respected, every ethnic group is given EQUAL access to opportunities in this country. Thank your stars that Orkar's coup did not succeed. You would not have been here asking what is Middle Belt forum.

In a few words, you've aptly summarised that guy's personality.

That's what he really is.

But I guess it has a thing to do with both ignorance and illiteracy.

4 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by coptic: 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
fiizznation:
Ignorant talk. I'm very sure you a NC Christian. And I ask again, who made you folks the spokespersons of a very complicated secular region called the north central? Do you share the same opinion with a Muslim from the north central? The muslims that made up the majority of the folks in north central aligned themselves with the north itself. And you don't see them creating silly forums to call themselves one ridiculous name. The last election should have told your d**k skull were the north central stands. Buhari won in all the states there.

I don't even have any problem with the very few of you from the north central that always want to divide the north central along religious line(e.g is what this clown called jerry is saying), but I will continue to ask you, who made you very few folks in the minority the SPOKESPERSONS of a very porous north central region?

Like i said earlier, there are more hausa/fulani in the north central than any other ethnic group. So where do you keep them in your ridiculous 'middlebelt' nonsense?

I've always told you this: you are irritatingly ignorant. And to cap it off, your remarks are always arrogant and condescending.

Maybe it has something to do with your ignorance.

But I must put it to you, Fulanis are settlers in the middle belt. Better start preparing some place to house your cows and murderous brothers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mujtahida: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Wow! Thanks for the history lesson. You raised a valid point, it's just greediness of our leaders down south that is responsible for the situation we found ourselves. Why I came hard on the middle belt was their silence towards the negative grip of the northern cabals on their political aspirations and the way some of them view us. I believe if the southern parts can drop their differences and work with the middle belterns, the north with time will be very irrelevant in Nigeria. Though you guys should see southeasterns as a brother because we don't cause trouble. The civil war has really given Igbos a bad name and worse still, the absence of history in our schools is not helping matter. I believe strong and vibrant men should rise and move u guys to success and greatness as u said of S Tarka and Solomon Lar did before. Our reasoning is so messed up as a result of age long deprivation of a smooth environment for youths to grow mentally. Anyway, I thank God everyone is waking up now. I pray for the oil to dry up fast so that we all can know that we've been dreaming with nightmare all along. Thumbs up
We are in the middle and so therefore we often go with the North because the south never presented a united front. They are always at each others necks. So we naturally pitch tents with Arewa because we know that a house divided against itself cannot stand. Once the south clicks, o boy the North will be toast. Na we be dem power

I do not want any part to be irrelevant or dominant in Nigeria. If any part is irrelevant it would not be long before we find ourselves in the same rut as we are now. Let every part be relevant. I know that equality is an illusion. Nature doesn't tow that line but still if we desire we can work things out. That's why we have mouths and brain to talk and reason things out.

Who knows, perhaps providence gave us a 50 year time to experience all the negatives that has marked our history so that we can learn from it, craft a system(According to Awolowo the name doesn't matter, let political scientists call it whatever name they chose so long as it accommodates all of us) and begin the new and exciting journey towards Nationhood.

3 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Gravas(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
coptic:

True words.

It's about time we carved our own identity, which won't be a difficult feat to achieve.

A good number of our people already identify as middlebelters, not northerners. All that's left is to change the political categorisation.

To think our politicians allowed this to happen in the first place, I must admit that I am disappointed.

The next move shall be to get them to withdraw from membership of the ACF and form a united middlebelt front instead.

It is baffling as to how and why the evil categorization of Middle Belt as North Central was allowed by our politicians. As a matter of urgency, we the current generation say no to this. We are Middle Belters by natural design. Nobody should compel us to go North. Time to make our identity clear. Let us prevail on Federal Lawmakers from Middle Belt to effect this change of name.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by 9japride(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

We are in the middle and so therefore we often go with the North because the south has never presented a united front.
I do not want any part to be irrelevant or dominant in Nigeria. If any part is irrelevant it would not be long before we find ourselves in the same rut as we are now. Let every part be relevant. I know that equality is an illusion. Nature doesn't tow that line but still if we desire we can work things out. That's why we have months and brain to talk and reason things out.

Who knows, perhaps providence gave us a 50 year time to experience all the negatives that has marked our history so that we can learn from it, craft a system(According to Awolowo the name doesn't matter, let political scientists call it whatever name they chose so long as it accommodates all of us)
[color=#006600][/color]

OK oh! I won't blame u guys for going with the North. We in the south are still playing childish politics, while the north has gone far and why I was saying the north should be irrelevant is because they are not ready to change for good even in the next 100years. Why because they mix their cultural practice inside religion making them not to see the larger picture of things. I know how the average northern youth reason and they are usually very violent which it's not part our culture over here. Education and enlightenment is the only solution. It was unfortunate that the military era didn't give us much time to experience democracy and willingness to live together. We the easterners are ever ready to live with everyone but as it stands now I don't think majority of the easterners are ready to stay in Nigeria again. The matter don full belle

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by coptic: 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
Gravas:

My brother. That guy does not know anything. He is using arogance to cover his lack of understanding. Anyway, it is common with them to display arrogance and violence. They are always quick to insult.

Don't mind the fulani herdsman.

Ignorance na ehn second name.

The guy lacks manners at all.

5 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mujtahida: 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

OK oh! I won't blame u guys for going with the North. We in the south are still playing childish politics, while the north has gone far and why I was saying the north should be irrelevant is because they are not ready to change for good even in the next 100years. Why because they mix their cultural practice inside religion making them not to see the larger picture of things. I know how the average northern youth reason and they are usually very violent which it's not part our culture over here. Education and enlightenment is the only solution. It was unfortunate that the military era didn't give us much time to experience democracy and willingness to live together. We the easterners are ever ready to live with everyone but as it stands now I don't think majority of the easterners are ready to stay in Nigeria again. The matter don full belle
You have spoken well. Cheers
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by coptic: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
Gravas:

It is baffling as to how and why the evil categorization of Middle Belt as North Central was allowed by our politicians. As a matter of urgency, we the current generation say no to this. We are Middle Belters by natural design. Nobody should compel us to go North. Time to make our identity clear. Let us prevail on Federal Lawmakers from Middle Belt to effect this change of name.

That's that, bro. I know our people will effect this. Our generation will change the narrative soon enough.

As a matter of fact, whoever is aspiring to positions must admit this before they are elected.

We have had enough.

4 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by 9japride(m): 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

You have spoken well. Cheers
[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks and cheers to a better country
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Gravas(m): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
coptic:

That's that, bro. I know our people will effect this. Our generation will change the narrative soon enough.

As a matter of fact, whoever is aspiring to positions must admit this before they are elected.
We have had enough.

Yes.
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mujtahida: 1:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
My brothers and sisters. This is what is happening : Nigeria has robbed us of something so crucial, so deeply important and that is why whenever we hear of any geo ethnic enclave calling for its own Republic we clutch vigorously to it hoping that we shall find this missing thing in our various new, shining Republics and what is this thing Nigeria has robbed us of? It is not money, it is not political positions, it is not even education. It is the ability to DREAM, Nigeria has robbed us of the opportunity of giving ourselves to the challenging yet romantic embrace of a great vision. This is what we have been robbed of. Youths love to dream. Youth is the the time to have visions. Nigerian elites took that away from us. They raped the land consistently and sacrificed our dreams on the altar to the gods of ethno religious bias, tribal bigotry, intolerance, violence, national lies, corruption and jugu jugu mixed with mago mago

Our hearts are yearning. We are hungry. We want to lay hold of this country and drive her up the mountain where she can sit majestically with other nations. But unfortunately the way Nigeria is now, na chuku chuku and barb wire surround am. If you put hand, you go wound.

Our fathers have the benefit of history on their side. They lived it. They experienced it. They have seen the disastrous results. If only they are sincere they can use that bad experience and call each other and say 57 years has shown us that what we did is no good let us rearrange things for the benefit of our children.

If only they can do this I swear the way we will throw ourselves into this task will shock our fathers, will shock the world and even ourselves. The dream we want is the dream of building a nation!
Abi I lie?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Kyase(m): 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

Right here on Nairaland I urge all Nairalanders from the South East, South West and deep South to call us what we wish to be called : MIDDLEBELTERS. Jacob changed his name and his destiny changed. We want to change our political destiny and I invite all of you to our political baptism. We are not North Central but Middlebelt. Do not help to consolidate and perpetuate the powers that want to hold this country hostage.
This is imperative. Let us unmask once and for all the powers that want this country to go to pieces.
We say NO to Northern hegemony
We say NO to North Central categorization
We say NO to Fulani herdsmen despoiling farms, killing people in the middle belt and everywhere else in Nigeria
We say NO to those clamping down on the drive to restructure Nigeria and birth a nation.

Let no man think that I hate the North. I don't. I just want a good, just, equitable, developed country. Shikena
Coptic
Kyase
Terkimbi01
open a thread with it bro

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Gravas(m): 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
open a thread with it bro

I hv suggested same thing but he said he don't know how to open a thread. Will u do it for him or i should do it?
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by oluwadubem: 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
Lanceslot:
Nigeria will keep going round and round beating round the bush till the end of time. No proper plan from the past, for the present and future.

the only plan is rooting,rooting and rooting,some folks does not know that 60% of 9ja problem lies on our political leader aka the criminals,but many thinks is tribal,if there is a way you can see the bank account of political leaders both home/abroad you will weep for africa and rant #theyareourproblem not the other way round that make us hate other tribe like #killthemall....

#peace#
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Splashme: 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
ESDKING:
No peace in this contraption until the needful is done.
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Kyase(m): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
Gravas:

I hv suggested same thing but he said he don't know how to open a thread. Will u do it for him or i should do it?
ok
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Gravas(m): 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
ok
U go do it ba?
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Kyase(m): 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
Gravas:
U go do it ba?
have done it.
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Gravas(m): 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
[quote author=oluwadubem post=58081714]
The only plan is looting, looting and looting. Some folks do not know that 60% of 9ja problem lies on our political leaders aka the criminals, but many think is tribal. If there is a way you can see the bank accounts of political leaders both home and abroad you will weep for Africa and rant #theyareourproblem not the other way round that make us hate other tribe like #killthemall....
#peace#[/quote
Its true.

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Gravas(m): 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
have done it.
You are great.
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mbediogu(m): 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
bababeejay:
biafra is the whole south, it is bigger than igbo

Apart from present Akwa Ibom and Cross River, the rest of the South betrayed Biafra and left it to the igbos of Southeast and Delta State. Don't trust them this time around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Balarabe Musa Is Dead! / Buhari Gets Accolades At Uk House Of Lords, As Troops Nab Sect Leader / Obasanjo, Peter Obi Visit Ukpor/mbazulike Amaechi Day In Anambra State-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.