Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,114 members, 7,849,483 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:25 PM

Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande (13148 Views)

Afenifere: ‘Blame Tinubu, Akande, Fayemi If South West Loses 2023 Presidency’ / Tinubu, Akande, Yerima, Governors Attend APC National Caucus Meeting / Buhari, Tinubu, Akande, Other APC Chieftains In Closed Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by deomelo: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2017
Markfemi2:
In moments like this
I expect Yoruba leadership to have reacted promptly
Why are tinubu and akande suddenly quiet ?
Are they not aware of what's going on ?
What about sourh west Governors apart from Fayose who has been very vocal why are the rest acting like all is normal when all isn't. ?
I saw a video of some niger delta militant with new weapons
Do Yorubas have the same thing ?
What about OPC?
if tinubu can't speak now why did he enter such alliance ?

Let's drop BIAFRAN issues for a bit and focus on impending issues facing Yoruba nation ?

Why is yemi being caged ?
Why are northerners not supporting yemi the way westerners supported Buhari ?
What is our reaction ?
If they want to
1) remove him with force
Nigerias soul is in niger delta and south west
We have the industries and ports
Niger delta has been quick to realise this and are not messed with
Why are Yorubas not realising if we shut down lagos Nigeria will bleed no food no commodity

If tinubu can't respond in moments like this or amosun maybe we should pass the Barton of leadership to Fayose and more courageous leaders

Also why have we not responded to arewa letter accusing of betraying them ?

Or are they doing something we don't know ?

Leadership inspires a people
Tinubu and Bisi's silence isn't inspiring Yorubas

Courage and Fayose the thoughtless, incompetent, no achievement, crooked and corrupt clowns should never be joined together. That clown should be in jail if not for the disastrous immunity rubbish.

@ Topic.

Slow down, let the clowns continue their clown show and keep showing their hands, we shouldn't respond or show our own cards.

They can not do anything to the acting president as long as the constitution remains intact, that's all that matters. No need to get agitated and fall into the same gutter with them.

This is not the time to get jumpy and start making rash decisions, we are not like them, we survey the battlefield, plan and strategize before responding to threats.

Nigeria is still intact simply because of the SW and the North are not blind to this fact, they know once the SW is done and ready to move on, Nigeria is toast and they can not do anything about it because they know we don't chest beat needlessly like our SE folks, we are serious thinkers and planners.

No, the acting president is ok and the constitution remains on his side, let them tamper with or misread the constitution and we'll take it from there, we just shouldn't be responding to childish tantrums.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by OBAGADAFFI: 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2017
emerged01:

U think the bridge has been burnt? I dont think so

Well lets hope so.

I heard the OPC is now working will the Police in Ikorodu.

The same OPC, APC members accused of working with PDP, they are probably just releasing the role OPC played during NADECO .

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by emerged01(m): 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Well lets hope so.

The same OPC, APC members accused of working with PDP, they are probably just releasing the role OPC played during NADECO .
I still don't understand what happening in OPC. I sense something positive is coming up in OPC. I read the two OPC factions are back together. It will be great news, if OPC comes alive.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by irepnaija4eva(m): 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
Agbaletu:

Yes and No. I think his relevance will be proved if he can influence the system to be restructured and i don't think he shares that view.

Brotherly once tinubu make that restructuring statement again..Am more sure is going to increase his enemy base from the north side. That's y he is treading carefully and silent.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by MetaPhysical: 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
Markfemi2:
In moments like this
I expect Yoruba leadership to have reacted promptly
Why are tinubu and akande suddenly quiet ?
Are they not aware of what's going on ?
What about sourh west Governors apart from Fayose who has been very vocal why are the rest acting like all is normal when all isn't. ?
I saw a video of some niger delta militant with new weapons
Do Yorubas have the same thing ?
What about OPC?
if tinubu can't speak now why did he enter such alliance ?

Let's drop BIAFRAN issues for a bit and focus on impending issues facing Yoruba nation ?

Why is yemi being caged ?
Why are northerners not supporting yemi the way westerners supported Buhari ?
What is our reaction ?
If they want to
1) remove him with force
Nigerias soul is in niger delta and south west
We have the industries and ports
Niger delta has been quick to realise this and are not messed with
Why are Yorubas not realising if we shut down lagos Nigeria will bleed no food no commodity

If tinubu can't respond in moments like this or amosun maybe we should pass the Barton of leadership to Fayose and more courageous leaders

Also why have we not responded to arewa letter accusing of betraying them ?

Or are they doing something we don't know ?

Leadership inspires a people
Tinubu and Bisi's silence isn't inspiring Yorubas

Nice topic.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by OBAGADAFFI: 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
emerged01:

I still don't understand what happening in OPC. I sense something positive is coming up in OPC. I read the two OPC factions are back together. It will great news, if OPC comes alive.

The news said they sacked Adams and Fasheun.

It seems some leader are preparing the OPC for something big.

I really missed those guys, they thought Abacha a bitter lesson.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by sunsewa16: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
Agbaletu:

I had a good discussion with a Yoruba woman at Jomo Kenyatta Airport. She shared the same view with you and i think it is high time we all looked into this. It seems the APC stalwarts from the SW are not ready to talk may be or may be not they are making some subterranean moves that are are yet to come to the surface. The matter is not about Osibanjo but the Yoruba as a people. There is nothing like one Nigeria, Nigeria was never and will never be one.

But sincerely speaking,not abusing Yoruba pple whom I respect and hold in high esteem especially with regards to sanctity of life's,good and happy co habitation amongst other tribes,though same goes to other tribes except hausa/fulani that has became a blood thirsty monsterous tribe,but to my main point, I noticed a bad trend with Yoruba that even if they made a mistake that is blowing illwinds towards them and about consuming them,they will rather stick with such mistake publicly while they may be in anguish secretly,and every wrong doing of such mistake can never be condemned,rather silence will be the answer,now appraise what happened with NLC failed hike protest with buhari government after FG has decided to bring it down to 120 pump price,while labour was insisting on reverting to 85 old rate,Lagos frustrated the protest through tinubu,ambode due to their allegiance to FG thereby making the present pump price to stand,even the FG suggested 120 never be and we remained silent unlike before,buhari court and human rights abuse became the order of the day,yet there was silence except ffk and fayose that always speak out against it,there was fulani herdsmen killing and damages everywhere yet they remain silence,now the health of the president has became a dilemma and everybody is silent unlike before,even the media has turn seal lips and became deaf and dumb,but igboes can't be gullible as such,they will abruptly end the mistakes instead of it creating more damages,whoever might be involved,be it their son,brother, uncle or even Nnamdi kanu if he derails.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by OBAGADAFFI: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
emerged01:

U think the bridge has been burnt? I dont think so

Read this,

http://politicsngr.com/2017/07/06/yinka-odumakin-gani-adams-thieves-thugs-gov-akeredolu/

Governor of Ondo state, Rotimi Aketi Akeredolu has lampooned two prominent Yoruba leaders, Yinka Odumakin of the Afenifere and Gani Adams of the Oodua Peoples Congress(OPC), labelling them as ‘thieves’ and ‘fraudsters’.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by emerged01(m): 3:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

The news said they sacked Adams and Fasheun.

It seems some leader are preparing the OPC for something big.

I really missed those guys, they thought Abacha a bitter lesson.
My thought as well. We need them.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Theleutenant: 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
deomelo:

Courage and Fayose the thoughtless, incompetent, no achievement, crooked and corrupt clowns should never be joined together. That clown should be in jail if not for the disastrous immunity rubbish.

@ Topic.

Slow down, let the clowns continue their clown show and keep showing their hands, we shouldn't respond or show our own cards.

They can not do anything to the acting president as long as the constitution remains intact, that's all that matters. No need to get agitated and fall into the same gutter with them.

This is not the time to get jumpy and start making rash decisions, we are not like them, we survey the battlefield, plan and strategize before responding to threats.

Nigeria is still intact simply because of the SW and the North are not blind to this fact, they know once the SW is done and ready to move on, Nigeria is toast and they can not do anything about it because they know we don't chest beat needlessly like our SE folks, we are serious thinkers and planners.

No, the acting president is ok and the constitution remains on his side, let them tamper with or misread the constitution and we'll take it from there, we just shouldn't be responding to childish tantrums.
. see this one!!.from ekoile to aresa to aressa.you no dey shame? see ur hairy chest like that of a gorrilllll@

yeye boy

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by deomelo: 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
Theleutenant:
. see this one!!.from ekoile to aresa to aressa.you no dey shame? see ur hairy chest like that of a gorrilllll@

yeye boy

No time allocation for Ignorant, unintelligent and internet ipob trolls, they bore me.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Theleutenant: 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
deomelo:

No time allocation for Ignorant, unintelligent and internet ipob trolls bore me.
. shut that ur tiny smelling mouth osiso

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Malawian(m): 12:03am On Jul 07, 2017
am just following this thread out of curiosity. I never thought Yoruba people are capable of introspection. am really surprised at some erudite submissions​ here. 2 thumbs.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 1:03am On Jul 07, 2017
Olive33:
let me assure u once more ... Yorubas are alone on this .... This is your fight .. We in niger delta aren't helping Yorubas in anyway ... Not after what your people said and did to GEJ

Illiterate, it is obvious you only became politically aware in 2011, after Jonathan became president. The picture below is what yoruba said and did to GEJ. We helped the ediot become president. Where were you SE/SS people when Turai gave him pant and bra to wash?

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 1:06am On Jul 07, 2017
Malawian:
am just following this thread out of curiosity. I never thought Yoruba people are capable of introspection. am really surprised at some erudite submissions​ here. 2 thumbs.

You never thought yoruba are capable of introspection because you're probably used to barbaric ways of doing things. We don't have to shout all the time, when your humble presido Jonathan was too timid to speak up for himself, guess who did on his behalf?!
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 1:11am On Jul 07, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Well lets hope so.

OPC is a relatively independent organisation and they could well have been siding with PDP when APC made that allegation. It could also be why the body has purged its leadership and is now being pro-actove in Ikorodu.

Entities get compromised all the time because humans are involved. If there is a house-cleaning going on, the better because they are needed right now. Shît is about to get real ugly up in here.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 1:14am On Jul 07, 2017
givbitcoin:

I think you should be worried.

Worry because the little trust other Nigerians had in you is melting away like a pack of ice under a hot weather.

Worry because the privileges you have been enjoying from the North will cease forthwith, on your insistence to have osibanjo as president of this country

The North has been unfairly shortchanged. And how you, backstabbers manipulate the lives of our presidents must be investigated. From Abacha to Yar'adua and now, Buhari. We must find out. If this is a ploy to always smuggle power away from the North, I'll tell you frankly that it has failed this time.

What can you boast. Really wars are not fought in the media.

If osibanjo resigns in peace, you can be sure to retain your VP slot. Otherwise, you will miss out completely.

Lol, dude. Shut the heck up. Tell your little silly stories to your brethren. You and I know Nigeria is on the brink and everybody is getting ready for whatever is going to happen. Shut up and put your own house in order. Should anything happen to Osinbajo, you will only have your region to yourselves. Everyone will take this golden opportunity to take their destinies into their own hands.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 1:17am On Jul 07, 2017
Agbaletu:

We care less about Osibanjo becoming the President. What is wrong with you about holding on to power?

Don't mind the goat-fuckér. His comment just exposes the prehistoric mindset his people possess, and which has dragged us backwards all this time. We down here would love nothing more than leave them to their desert in peace.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 1:26am On Jul 07, 2017
Seanjay:

EYIN OMO IYAMI what do you think we can do about this, cause we need to create awareness and our leaders are not saying anything about the Yoruba nation cause i wont lie to you WAR is LOOMING and the YORUBAs are so quiet and not making any moves or is it that they are making the moves underground and not letting anyone to know?..... I THINK WE SHOULD FORM A GROUP OR SOCIETY (VOICE OF THE YORUBAs) and call for alertness of our people to this looming war that is coming cause it seems whatever happened to the IGBOs come Oct 1 will also affects us Yorubas and there the war starts, with majority of our people in the land so relaxed thinking the Ultimatum is only for the IGBOs my brother i tell you the HAUSAs will kill everyone apart from their TRIBE randonmly believe me so PLEASE WHAT CAN WE DO TO CREATE AWARENESS AND ALERTNESS FOR OUR PEOPLE TO SLEEP WITH THEIR EYES OPEN IF POSSIBLE MAY BE WE SHOULD ALSO CALL THEM BACK HOME BEFORE OCT 1 CAUSE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN FROM THE NORTH THAT DAY....

Omo iya, what you can do is sensitise everyone in your community and beyond. I'm doing sane in my own neighbourhood too. It will happen without warning. Be on the lookout. The oloris are not folding their own arms and looking. They can read the clouds better than most of us and I bet you, they are ready or getting ready. Should anything happen to Bubu, it would be all regions for themselves. Ma sun, be ready to gbera.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 1:44am On Jul 07, 2017
izombie:
i am igbo and to be honest with you, the only problem the se/ss havd with the sw is just that when it comes to taking sides, the sw takes the side of the north. Se and ss are united now but the sw still leans on the north. We still don't understand why the sw can't come together with se/ss. Nothing stops you from doing that. We need to untie the south from the hold of the north but we need the whole south to act as one and right now its only the sw that is still sitting on the fence. Igbos do not need convincing, we only need the yorubas to come to the table with us and the ss to show the north that they are nothing. We need a united south now more than ever.

SW will take sides with anybody just like SE did with Azikiwe and Ekwueme. SE is not entitled to automatic alliance with SW. It is a well known fact that you side with whoever best furthers your interests. You igbo people have taken yourselves out of Nigerian politics by cozying up to dictators while the SW fought them and lost valiant soldiers. Which of your SE people can you name who was notable I. the fight to enshrine democracy on Nigeria till Abacha's death? I'll be waiting for a name. You people chose to stick with the government of the day and that was the extent of your influence.

That is why an upstart like Nnamdi Kanu can come and command such humongous following on a tribe of Orji Kalus and Ngiges who can inspire nothing but a few thousand. These guys and their ilk were lounging in AGIP wings while Se politicians risked their lives to put an end to military regimes. Even when the country was held hostage by Turai YarAdua, guess who stood on the fucking front line and spoke to the so-called cabal in 2010, that's right, the now reviled SW, the "betrayers" according to you.

So, excuse me if I don't swallow your BS about coming to you. You are the learners, you should come to us or, as you're now doing, it's your time to lead the line and sacrifice your own sons like we did in the 90s, while we come in to reap from your struggle like you reaped from ours.

You preach unity now but, how come you didn't preach this unity in the 90s? Look bros, the die is cast. I wish I could say it was good while it lasted but, honestly, it wasn't.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 1:55am On Jul 07, 2017
izombie:
you still don't understand. Hausa people know that the average igbo man has a mind of his own. For example, if osinbajo was igbo when he contested with buhari, buhari would've have still lost the se because an average igbo man knows that buhari is poison even though he had an igbo running mate. Yorubas are different. You follow people you call leaders. If those so called leaders endorse something then the whole yoruba will also endorse that thing. The yorubas voted buhari because tinubu endorsed him and because he picked a yoruba running mate and they turned a blind eye to the poison that is buhari. Its easier for the north to work( i don't want to use the word USE) with the sw because they only have to pick one or two of the yoruba leaders and promise them one or two things and those yoruba leaders will now take the whole sw to the side of north. They did it with awolowo and now with tinubu.

You igbo people amuse me.

In the history of Nigeria, if there is any group with the least propensity to vote based on ethnic grounds it's the yoruba. If there is any ethnic group with the least propensity to vote based on blind followership, it's the yoruba.

Going by the results of the 2015 general election results in typically yoruba states. Please explain how yoruba voted in one direction when yoruba states had an average voting pattern of 44% to PDP and 56% in favour of APC. How does this signify SW voting "overwhelmingly" in a single direction? Meanwhile, SE voted 93% in favour of PDP and 7% for APC.

Speaking of Tinubu dictating yoruba voting pattern. Are you saying Tinubu was the voting who made Yoruba's to vote more for Jonathan in 2011 than Buhari? Surely, you haven't forgotten how Tinubu's party ACN fielded Nuhu Ribadu. So, Tinubu campaigned for Jonathan against his own party candidate? grin.
Oh, I forgot. Nuhu Ribadu won in 2011 and was president after YarAdua.

Chain, see igbo logic. Revisionism at its highest.

You that claimed you are educated will allow one illiterate be fingèring your brain like fufu. Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 07, 2017
Agbaletu:

I may not agree with you 100%, SW is not leaning on the North to survive politically. We have all been doing it alone and to the best of my knowledge it is only the 2015 election that brought the North and SW together. We are known to be on our own and if the North decide to do otherwise, we have nothing to lose. I will leave the part of reaching out to the SE/SS to other Yorubas to dissect. In my personal opinion, we will only reach out to other ethnic group should secession looks bright. Yoruba will not call on anyone just because Osinbajo is having a nasty days with some people in power.

Dude you have not been doing it alone. In 1999, you needed the support of the Igbos to make Obasanjo president, even the SW didn't vote for him like the SE. You guys were still confused on Tinubu or OBJ.
All I'm asking for is restructure Nigeria or Break Up. These Northerners don't own Nigeria, it belongs to all.
Peace.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 2:35am On Jul 07, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Dude you have not been doing it alone. In 1999, you needed the support of the Igbos to make Obasanjo president, even the SW didn't vote for him like the SE. You guys were still confused on Tinubu or OBJ.
All I'm asking for is restructure Nigeria or Break Up. These Northerners don't own Nigeria, it belongs to all.
Peace.

Stop sniffing your own fart. How can you contradict your own self in two measly sentences and expect to be taken seriously? You PDP(Aboki party) supporters voted for Obasanjo while the yoruba nation voted Olu Falae. At the time, Tinubu was not the powerhouse he is today. I know you were probably in diapers then. You should sit this one out. Its beyond tour pay grade.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 07, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Peace.

Who was Obasanjo opponent in 1999 general election?
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 2:52am On Jul 07, 2017
Rotentina:

Wait, he will tell you it was Ojukwu while Jonathan ran to be the cross-dresser's running mate but, Tinubu told us yorubas to vote first Obasanjo, so we did. grin
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Nobody: 3:06am On Jul 07, 2017
Rotentina:

Was the guy a worthy opponent. One guy even said Tinubu was not a power house? SMH.
Anyways I like this topic raised by the OP.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 07, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Wait, he will tell you it was Ojukwu while Jonathan ran to be the cross-dresser's running mate but, Tinubu told us yorubas to vote first Obasanjo, so we did. grin

What is Your problem with Ojukwu. What he saw in 1967, you guys are seeing now?
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 3:09am On Jul 07, 2017
Arondizuogu:

What is Your problem with Ojukwu. What he saw in 1967, you guys are seeing now?

I'll tell you what he saw in 1967, that he would one day become president of Nigeria. Alas, that vision was brought to him by demons hence, his contesting for president after leading innocent people to die for a pipe dream. He died on his knees, a defeated man.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Timbuktuo: 3:12am On Jul 07, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Was the guy a worthy opponent. One guy even said Tinubu was not a power house? SMH.
Anyways I like this topic raised by the OP.

Instead of you to go wash your head at the river, you're busy advancing false claims. I said, "Tinubu was not the powerhouse he is today." You said, "one guy said Tinubu was not a powerhouse". You carry textbook enter exam hall still fail the course. Tufiakwa.
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Kingbabu: 4:10am On Jul 07, 2017
Me Yoruba,you Igbo,he Hausa,she Urhobo etc is a bold sign that the British were stupid to have forced people of different political background, customs and traditions together with each having ego that i'm better than you _and each feeling insecured.JAH help
Re: Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 07, 2017
izombie:
i am igbo and to be honest with you, the only problem the se/ss havd with the sw is just that when it comes to taking sides, the sw takes the side of the north. Se and ss are united now but the sw still leans on the north. We still don't understand why the sw can't come together with se/ss. Nothing stops you from doing that. We need to untie the south from the hold of the north but we need the whole south to act as one and right now its only the sw that is still sitting on the fence. Igbos do not need convincing, we only need the yorubas to come to the table with us and the ss to show the north that they are nothing. We need a united south now more than ever.

You have spoken well but I tell you the gospel truth...Yoruba can never be united against the North/Hausa-Fulani when over half of them are Muslims. Yoruba Muslims cannot claim to be true Muslims and be fighting Hausa-Fulani; impossible even Saudi Arabia will call them to order. The fact is most Yoruba christians know what's happening, wish there was a way out. If you look at all Yoruba critics of Buhari, they are all Christians. Why are there no known Yoruba figures of Muslim extraction criticizing Buhari? That's the problem there. If there was a war between Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani, don't expect Yoruba Muslims to fight Hausa-Fulani for the survival of Yoruba. They will not because Brothers in Islam supersedes Brothers in Ethnicity or Tribe!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos To Join Odu’a Group Of Companies / I'll Probe Okorocha's Financial Dealings, Says Ihedioha / Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.