Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

"Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo (50893 Views)

Magu: Osinbajo May Be Indicted! (photo) / Remove Magu - Malami Writes Buhari. Accuses EFCC Boss Of Money Diversion / Senate Orders Osinbajo To Remove Magu, Suspends Appointment Confirmation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by numericalguy(m): 6:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
Magu the dirty cop.

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by LordAdam16: 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

See another drunk Osu on cheap afikpo weed.

Na so dem dey sign Bill for Biafrau.d?

Ignorant Illiterate.

However, the National Assembly is empowered by the Constitution to overrule the veto of the President. If, after 30 days, the President refuses to sign the bill and the National Assembly is not in support of the President's amendments, the two Chambers can recall the bill and re-pass it. If the bill is passed in the form it was sent to the President by two-third majority vote in both Chambers, the bill automatically becomes a law even without the signature of the President. This happened in the case of the Niger Delta Development Commission Bill. The two Chambers passed the bill into law after s/he President failed to sign it within the time that is prescribed for him to do so.

Culled from the National Assembly's website -- http://www.nassnig.org/page/the-legislative-process

Go and read about how the NDDC bill was passed.

You guys would keep pushing Osinbajo until you push him out of the Presidency as the first Nigerian president to be impeached.

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by benitwater(m): 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2017
oshe,our amiable acting president,ride on sir!!!
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by onatisi(m): 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ratello:
Now that's some display of balls from Osinbajo I kinda like that. It's time for EFCC to pursue the Saraki's case to a logical conclusion now that Magu is sure!
Lols
Just watch what happens. Politics isnt always 2+2= 4
in politics 2+2 can be equal to 22
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by CharlotteFlair: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
LordAdam16:

All that is happening is a tug-of-war on supremacy between the Executive and Judiciary. Magu is the rope.

The Executive said more than this for Lawal who was the #3 man in the Executive, in the end Lawal was dismissed while he was in a meeting with the same midg*t that's yelling like a rat on menstruation.

Magu would be dismissed eventually. Since 2003, all EFCC Chairman nominees have been nominated by Executive and confirmed by the Legislature. Now, because the Legislature say no to Magu after he was implicated by a branch of the Executive, the Executive remembers that they shouldn't have sent him to the Legislature.

Osinbajo and Bubu would not put their neck on the line because of one useless korofo police officer. When push comes to shove, they'd abandon Magu. All this posturing no reach ground. Na shoulder level e end.

The Judiciary has already warned the Executive about flouting court orders and witch-hunting their principal members, and the Judiciary paid them in kind by squashing many of their high profiled cases. Now, they want to carry their madness to the Senate with Saraki (Saraki!!!) at the helm of affairs. Let them carry the case to the court and let me see how the Executive would win it. And whether they'd flout a Supreme Court order and not get impeached.

Who the gods want to destroy, they first make mad.

-Lord
I agree with you once again my Lord!

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by Dedetwo(m): 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
Birikiti:

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo says nobody can remove Ibrahim Magu, acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC).

He said this in Kaduna on Thursday while commissioning a zonal office of the EFCC.

Represented by Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna, the acting president described Magu as a “nightmare for corrupt people”.

“We have confidence in Magu to fight corruption to a standstill. He will remain the EFCC chairman as long as I remain the acting president and as well as Muhammadu Buhari remains the president,” he said.

“It is our belief that Magu will continue to remain a nightmare for corrupt people for years to come.”

More to follow…

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-nobody-can-remove-magu-says-osinbajo?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ThecableTopStories+%28TheCable+%C2%BB+Top+Stories%29

The willing banza has spoken.
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by CharlotteFlair: 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
benitwater:
oshe,our amiable acting president,ride on sir!!!
Is it by mouth! Talk is cheap.
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by Cooly100: 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

See another drunk Osu on cheap afikpo weed.

Na so dem dey sign Bill for Biafrau.d?

You shouldn't be here spewing garabage. You should be somewhere in Ogun...doing what you do best!!!

Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by AngelicBeing: 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
tongue
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by LordAdam16: 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
Smooyis:

As if the ammendment will not be assented to by the president grin

However, the National Assembly is empowered by the Constitution to overrule the veto of the President. If, after 30 days, the President refuses to sign the bill and the National Assembly is not in support of the President's amendments, the two Chambers can recall the bill and re-pass it. If the bill is passed in the form it was sent to the President by two-third majority vote in both Chambers, the bill automatically becomes a law even without the signature of the President. This happened in the case of the Niger Delta Development Commission Bill. The two Chambers passed the bill into law after s/he President failed to sign it within the time that is prescribed for him to do so.

Culled from the National Assembly's website -- http://www.nassnig.org/page/the-legislative-process

Later you guys would claim to be sophisticated.

You want the Senate to do the same thing twice to two Yoruba head of governments in less than 20 years.

-Lord
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by adelaja70(m): 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
LordAdam16:

All that is happening is a tug-of-war on supremacy between the Executive and Judiciary. Magu is the rope.

The Executive said more than this for Lawal who was the #3 man in the Executive, in the end Lawal was dismissed while he was in a meeting with the same midg*t that's yelling like a rat on menstruation.

Magu would be dismissed eventually. Since 2003, all EFCC Chairman nominees have been nominated by Executive and confirmed by the Legislature. Now, because the Legislature say no to Magu after he was implicated by a branch of the Executive, the Executive remembers that they shouldn't have sent him to the Legislature.

Osinbajo and Bubu would not put their neck on the line because of one useless korofo police officer. When push comes to shove, they'd abandon Magu. All this posturing no reach ground. Na shoulder level e end.

The Judiciary has already warned the Executive about flouting court orders and witch-hunting their principal members, and the Judiciary paid them in kind by squashing many of their high profiled cases. Now, they want to carry their madness to the Senate with Saraki (Saraki!!!) at the helm of affairs. Let them carry the case to the court and let me see how the Executive would win it. And whether they'd flout a Supreme Court order and not get impeached.

Who the gods want to destroy, they first make mad.

-Lord
Impeach who? You think say na So the thing easy... Nor be only Senate alone o.... The Reps too are involved. My brother, impeachment no be moi-moi o.
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by Oblang(m): 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
KardinalZik:
Continue beating your flat dwarf chest until you're impeached/sacked. This Afonja midget doesn't hear the loud sound of the drum (viz. military to 28 states, call for his impeachment, advise for his resignation etc.); I thought only Buhari had ear infection. Just a little more time left, and Nigeria wil experience an unprecedented "Clash of the Titans" (execuTHIEVES, legisLOOTure and judiSHARING). Things are falling apart: the centre isn't strong enough to hold anymore. Very soon, we'll all gladly recall that "There Was a Country". Only then will people realise that [Mazi] Chinua Achebe was a [Great] Prophet that once lived on earth in a contraception as ours.

U all will just keep shouting impeachment upandan like its bin done on emotions. Why not go start the impeachment process na...
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by Ratello: 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
onatisi:

Lols
Just watch what happens. Politics isnt always 2+2= 4
in politics 2+2 can be equal to 22
I believe you bro but I have a feeling that Saraki is about to kiss the canvas just watch out bro.

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by LordAdam16: 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
adelaja70:

Impeach who? You think say na So the thing easy... Nor be only Senate alone o.... The Reps too are involved. My brother, impeachment no be moi-moi o.

Hopefully, it wouldn't get to that stage.

But if does, you'd be surprised at how easy it'd become. The Executive has flouted more orders than can be counted. If the Executive branch flouts a supreme court order asking Magu to be dropped, when Osinbajo is the Ag President and Buhari is still ex communicado in London, I guarantee you he'd be impeached.

Dogara and Saraki are Northerners. Onnoghen is still reeling from the mud-slinging from the Executive, where they said he was corrupt. Malami just said the Ag President is on his own. That is the effing Attorney General of the Federation. The FEC as presently constituted would not put their neck on the line for Osinbajo.

That's why I want the Senate to call Osi's bluff and drag him to court. That's the perfect scenario to knock sense into his big head. Let us see whether the fake Pastor would not change tune when his political career is placed on the chopping block.

Ever since Jonathan was dismissed as the first incumbent to lose the seat, anything is possible under the right circumstances.

-Lord
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by tete7000(m): 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thewrath:
Story!
When the northern cabals are making plans to put you ungreatful Sudanese backstabbers where you belong!

You people don't know how to read. The man is simply saying as long as I remain in acting capacity and Buhari is retained the president, Magu remains. He is not my appointee, I don't have power to remove him; if you want him removed, impeach Buhari and make me President. Don't put me for yawa, don't create problem for me, I can't wield power I don't have.
If you don't want Magu anymore, do the right thing. Osinbajo is wise in that direction, he exercised wisdom. By the time Nigeria is ground to a standstill, those in the house will do the right thing. Lie can't last forever. Never!

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by Iamzik: 6:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
Blue3k:
For anyone that thinks senate is wrong about confirmation powers answer. Why is Magu acting chairman, why why was his name submitted twice, why do they continue to submit names for positions that the constitution supposedly deems unnecessary? The examples of the last case is Director General, National Lottery Commission that was submitted yesterday?

This is clear case of talking from both sides of your mouth. If the executive believes what they're saying why are they wasting time with senate? Confusion abounds in Nigeria.

Osinbajo is right senate can't remove Magu. This is same fight Buhari has had for past 2 yrs. Why the senate doesn't just amend constitution to check him I don't know.

Even though the legislature is a coequal branch of government, the executive still has the final say. The guy can keep acting for four years if Buhari insists. Was he rejected based on lack of merit of because he stepped on some powerful toes and they were waiting patiently for him. Saraki and his house of thieves will not confirm him. And the executive will keep nominating him. And so the cycle continues. In the end the executive wins
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by adelaja70(m): 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
LordAdam16:

But if does, you'd be surprised at how easy it'd become. The Executive has flouted more orders than can be counted. If the Executive branch flouts a supreme court order asking Magu to be dropped, when Osinbajo is the Ag President and Buhari is still ex communicado in London, I guarantee you he'd be impeached.

Dogara and Saraki are Northerners. Onnoghen is still reeling from the mud-slinging from the Executive, where they said he was corrupt. Malami just said the Ag President is on his own. That is the effing Attorney General of the Federation. The FEC as presently constituted would not put their neck on the line for Osinbajo.

That's why I want the Senate to call Osi's bluff and drag him to court. That's the perfect scenario to knock sense into his big head. Let us see whether the fake Pastor would not change tune when his political career is placed on the chopping block.

Ever since Jonathan was dismissed as the first incumbent to lose the seat, anything is possible under the right circumstances.

-Lord
MY brother, i hear you... But impeachment no be moi moi.... May be you live outside the country, this is Naija. E go do you like film when the same senators turn against Saraki. Just siddon look.....
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by Timzyatcool24(m): 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thewrath:
Story!
When the northern cabals are making plans to put you ungreatful Sudanese backstabbers where you belong!
sense fall on you
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by LordAdam16: 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
tete7000:

You people don't know how to read. The man is simply saying as long as I remain in acting capacity and Buhari is retained the president, Magu remains. He is not my appointee, I don't have power to remove him; if you want him removed, impeach Buhari and make me President. Don't put me for yawa, don't create problem for me, I can't wield power I don't have.
If you don't want Magu anymore, do the right thing. Osinbajo is wise in that direction, he exercised wisdom. By the time Nigeria is ground to a standstill, those in the house will do the right thing. Lie can't last forever. Never!

He cannot remove Magu but he can sign budget.

When it favors you people, you'd say he has full powers, when it doesn't, you'd say he doesn't have full powers.

Let Nigeria ground to a standstill. Who are you threatening? Was it not Buhari and Osi that went round the country campaigning for change. Whether APC performs or not, Saraki is coming back in 2019 as a Senator, na Osi dey find popularity not Saraki.

Instead of him to build bridges with Saraki to cement his position, he is maintaining one fake strong head. Today, he can't even swear in Ministers that have been confirmed. Very dull, weak, naive m*dg*t.

-Lord
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by tete7000(m): 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
Daviddson:
The Ag president is becoming presidential now. There's no such thing as gentlemanliness in political leadership. Assertiveness (without trying to bully others) is a must.

He is not being presidential but only playing safe. He attached two conditions: "If i remain the acting president and Buhari remains the president" . What happens if he is made the president and Buhari impeached? Can he then remove Magu? Yes!
You don't expect Osinbajo to remove Magu who is Buhari's choice while the president still holds sway and he is acting under his shadow. Only a fool does that, play into a trap and create problem for himself. If Saraki and his cohorts want Magu removed, they should wait for Buhari or impeach him and give Osinbajo full power of the president. If this is one of their game from Mecca, it has failed. Let them not anoint the nominees and Nigeria grinds to a standstill. If they think they can use that ploy to impeach the acting president, they should wait for the catastrophic outcome. Nigeria is already polarised, that will only hasten its break-up. Awon mumu, selfish and parochial minded I_diots.
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by LordAdam16: 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
adelaja70:

MY brother, i hear you... But impeachment no be moi moi.... May be you live outside the country, this is Naija. E go do you like film when the same senators turn against Saraki. Just siddon look.....

Oga as I said, let it not get to that level.

Do you know that when Osi was leaving for the AU summit, he ordered Buratai to leave the country as well. Things are already happening.

Senators that did not turn against Saraki when the entire APC family was gunning for his head, would now abandon Saraki when the entire North is behind him. Abi are they not Nigerian politicians again?

You'd be surprised that fellow Yoruba people would be part of those calling for Osi's impeachment in the name of sophistication, that they can oppose their brother because of [insert fake Yoruba principle].

Akintola did it to Awolowo, Yorubas did it to OBJ.

Yorubas are the ultimate survivors with just one motto, anybody can be sacrificed.

-Lord
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by PHILipu1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
LordAdam16:

Ignorant Illiterate.

You guys would keep pushing Osinbajo until you push him out of the Presidency as the first Nigerian president to be impeached.

-Lord

Impeach who?
Stop dreaming.
Read what happened in Venezuela assembly today.
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by adelaja70(m): 7:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
LordAdam16:

When it favors you people, you'd say he has full powers, when it doesn't, you'd say he doesn't have full powers.

Let Nigeria ground to a standstill. Who are you threatening? Was it not Buhari and Osi that went round the country campaigning for change. Whether APC performs or not, Saraki is coming back in 2019 as a Senator, na Osi dey find popularity not Saraki.

Instead of him to build bridges with Saraki to cement his position, he is maintaining one fake strong head. Today, he can't even swear in Ministers that have been confirmed. Very dull, weak, naive m*dg*t.

-Lord
It's like you are on Saraki payroll... Cause i don't know why you are taking the matter personal. Abeg, tell your master to tread carefully.... NAIJA is in a fragile state already. When the fire starts......
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by LordAdam16: 7:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
PHILipu1:

Impeach who?
Stop dreaming.
Read what happened in Venezuela assembly today.

So Osinbajo would incite Yoruba supporters to enter the National Assembly to beat up Northern leaders.

Stop smoking dog sh*t.

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by Iamzik: 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
LordAdam16:

-Lord

What is this one saying?
Drag VP to court for what na?

Magu is there in acting capacity.
He was sent there twice and was rejected.

Is there any part of the constitution of house rule that says the executive cannot renominate an appointee that was previously rejected? Or that the nominee cannot act?

This is just power tussle between the executive and legislators. It will be resolved before you know it.
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by adelaja70(m): 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
LordAdam16:

-Lord
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by LordAdam16: 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
adelaja70:

It's like you are on Saraki payroll... Cause i don't know why you are taking the matter personal. Abeg, tell your master to tread carefully.... NAIJA is in a fragile state already. When the fire starts......

Who is scared of the fire?

We're talking about Magu, you're talking about fire. In this country, who would threaten who. Is it Yorubas that'd threaten the North or vice versa?

-Lord
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by tete7000(m): 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
LordAdam16:

-Lord

You can get angry as you like, the truth is no wise person remove his oga appointee without his approval. Only a fool does that. You compare budget signing to removing and replacing appointee? You are indeed naïve to make that comparison. By the way did you follow the intrigues that follow the budget signing? If you do you ought to remember the cabal claimed the man has been giving the go ahead to sign the budget. Osinbajo lives now in the shadow PMB, his power is limited. He is insulted,ridiculed and provoked everyday by cabal who wants him react as to find excuse to scuttle him. He will be a fool to play their game. Whatever Saraki likes, let him do, a wise Osinbajo won't remove the Magu.

As per building bridges, there is no bridge for Osinbajo to build when the power is not yet his. We are under PMB administration and policy direction, body language and words of the acting President must reflect Buhari's wishes. That is the reality. If the cabal and the rogues in the house like, they can grind the country to a standstill. If heaven falls, it is going to fall on everyone. Stupid and myopic people.

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by adelaja70(m): 7:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
LordAdam16:

Who is scared of the fire?

We're talking about Magu, you're talking about fire. In this country, who would threaten who. Is it Yorubas that'd threaten the North or vice versa?

-Lord
MY BROTHER this your shout of North this, North that dey make me laff you o.
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by LordAdam16: 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Iamzik:

What is this one saying?
Drag VP to court for what na?

Magu is there in acting capacity.
He was sent there twice and was rejected.

Is there any part of the constitution of house rule that says the executive cannot renominate an appointee that was previously rejected? Or that the nominee cannot act?

This is just power tussle between the executive and legislators. It will be resolved before you know it.

Oga, whenever there is a tussle on legal interpretation, the Supreme Court has the final say. Separation of powers. Government 101.

So, the Senate would take Osinbajo to court so that the honorable Justices can put to rest the issue whether Osinbajo is correct on the issue of confirmation or if the Senate is correct. Very simple!

The last time there was a power tussle over Lawal, the Legislature whipped the Executive into shape.

This will be no different.

The nonsense they could not try with the Judiciary would not fly against the Senate.

If Osinbajo is so sure about his position, let him submit his case in court through the AGF (who by the way is not 100% on board and should ideally recuse himself). Nigeria is not a Banana Republic, at least not yet.

-Lord
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by onatisi(m): 7:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ratello:

I believe you bro but I have a feeling that Saraki is about to kiss the canvas just watch out bro.
Osinbajo is surrounded, there is nothing he can do but to play and count on the masses support. Politically his support base is weak and that is why you see the tinubu faction of the apc in the south west closing ranks with fayose and other yoruba politicians from pdp and other parties. And they are trying to woo kanu unto their side in order to gain more clout. Saraki controls the senate with iron hands and no senators messes with him. When the real fire works starts ,you will see how osinbajo will invite saraki for dialog
Re: "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2017
Clash of the titans. Oya senators make una talk una own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu; UK Based Nigerian Man Shares Intimate Picture With Wife On Bed. / Patience Jonathan’s Building Demolished In Abuja (Video, Photo) / See What This APC Fan Did To Himself With Brooms - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.