Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 (29105 Views)

NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? / No National, Governorship Elections Will Hold In Rivers – APC Candidates Vow / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Generalwoodz(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2017
A
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by muller101(m): 8:32am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:
so bcoz a middle name is not included in my pvc and school ID card while my BVN has a middle name, first Bank refused to open account for me. Please does anyone know a bank that wouldn't mind opening it for me.
FCMB
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Omeokachie: 8:33am On Aug 02, 2017
Yeye people that have given excuses of none availability of passport booklets and stickers for visas for foreign visitors, are now the coming up with another reason to deflect attention from their stark incompetence!

How many Nigerians of the over 180m have the national ID card?

2 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by enemyofprogress: 8:33am On Aug 02, 2017
The thing wey una go still extend. No be Nigeria we dey? Una must extend dat date for people like me wey no dey hear word.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by 0b100100111: 8:33am On Aug 02, 2017
DerideGull:

This nonsense need to be boycotted. Nigeria is still relatively underdeveloped to embark such national endeavor. This is country that cannot manage a gutter is talking about National Identification Number. These fools will always design a means of looting or embezzling funds. I guess IPOB should beg Biafrans to boycott the silly exercise so that IPOB should start offering Biafran passport.

grin

You sure would have believed that you made simple sense.

Smh....
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Aspireahead(m): 8:35am On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

The question is, are they prepared?
I applied for national id card for over 10yrs & up till now the card is not ready?
A visit to NIMC office will open your eyes to reality about this NIN stuff.
I love things to be in order but the system we operate in Nigeria is not friendly.
NIMC is not working at all, even the immigration office is now something else where you were asked yo wait for 3 to 8 months before you get your Intl passport all in the name of no availability of booklet.
You think I'm Igbo & that's why you typed like eni ti aja digbolugi bu je.

Pele, were ara re maa to San!

Eranko Igbo lasanlasan grin grin grin
there is a difference between the card and the number(NIN). The number is on the slip given during registration and it is what is required here

5 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Akinya17: 8:35am On Aug 02, 2017
It's a good policy if it will be well implemented. Nigeria needs to have a good database and this is a good place to start.

2 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by win2kwire: 8:36am On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

grin grin grin
u Berra renounce naija & get Dubai passport.
seriously?

children of foreigners born in Dubai cannot get the passport let alone country where ibo people are using Nigerian passports to do drugs.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by enemyofprogress: 8:37am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:
so bcoz a middle name is not included in my pvc and school ID card while my BVN has a middle name, first Bank refused to open account for me. Please does anyone know a bank that wouldn't mind opening it for me.
first bank of all banks dey do yanga,no be their fault,na you wet go meet dem to open bank account I blame. Abeg go any GTB and you good to go
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Dyt(f): 8:39am On Aug 02, 2017
Yimu
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 02, 2017
Are this one's high ni? ID card that I have registered for since 2013, I never see the card. Nonesense

2 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by rainylad(f): 8:41am On Aug 02, 2017
..Story!!..anyone listening to these clowns will think they mean well for Nigeria...but hell no..

..They will still import aliens from Chad and Niger republics for evil activities and to boost the population of barren north...give them IDs and issue passports to them..and the charade goes on..
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by ayusco85(m): 8:42am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:

It's a big deal man. U ve to fix Ur bvn first before they can open an account for u. The names ve to tally on Ur bvn and ur valid ID cards

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 02, 2017
Na wa ooo. Ihe esile Ike na country!
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by joepentwo(m): 8:46am On Aug 02, 2017
9jaria ma con3.

The world have always dream of..
Let c if it wrk out
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by kjhova(m): 8:49am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:

It is federal law so no bank can circumvent it. Please follow your banker's advice on how to resolve the situation.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by nwonufestus(m): 8:49am On Aug 02, 2017
...........So, anybody who is coming to claim Nigerian citizenship, they will help to identify that citizen.......

yeye dey smell
people never see beta country go claim...smh
next pls
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:50am On Aug 02, 2017
That you don't have ur national ID card yet doesn't mean you don't have a NIN number yet so far you have registered, the number is on the temporary card they issued even me am yet to collect mine original card.

The process seems nice to me we need to a working data collection system in this country to check mates crime I just hope it will be stressfree

3 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by playcharles(m): 8:50am On Aug 02, 2017
Please take it easy on him, this is part of online bully we talked about.
openla:

Who said you should agree? I will love that the government hAve a way to call upon my data instead of needing me to enter my information all the time. The reason why some of us have different names on different Identification cards hence different names on two different bank accounts that belong to just one person. In the US they have SSN, in the UK they have National Insurance number. You will cry wolve about how other countries have better system and will never agree with the idea of making your country better by implementing simple thing has a way to have your data recorded. I don't have a national ID card myself and my passport expires in 2018. We live in a country of about 200m citizens where people commit all sorts of crimes daily and get away with it knowing they can't be traced you are telling me you disagree. If you don't have sense can't you borrow from your neighbors? Of course you don't need Nigerian passport or national ID but I hope you do have a Biafran ID if not you are as useless as someone without a form of Identification which is exactly what you are. Very clueless being.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by luckydion(m): 8:50am On Aug 02, 2017
This's a welc policy..... IF! If it will sustain d test of time. Nigeria! Time tells d chick that wil crow
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Sikay19(m): 8:52am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:
Microfinance bank!

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by jjjjj2017: 8:53am On Aug 02, 2017
Aspireahead:

there is a difference between the card and the number(NIN). The number is on the slip given during registration and it is what is required here
I know but the problem here is that NIMC cant guarantee you getting registered not to talk of print out slip. If their computer is not faulty, there will be power outage or printer is not working.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Meritocracy: 8:53am On Aug 02, 2017
What is making sense there, I applied for just national I.D card for over two years from NIMC, it has never ready and this Baba woke up one
day and talking non sense, only slip they are given out is not enough for identification.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by kjhova(m): 8:53am On Aug 02, 2017
rainylad:

..Story!!..anyone listening to these clowns will think they mean well for Nigeria...but hell no..

..They will still import aliens from Chad and Niger republics for evil activities and to boost the population of barren north...give them IDs and issue passports to them..and the charade goes on..

Dear lady, please we don't have to derail this interesting topic. Your concerns may be reasonable however you could create a new topic for it or reserve it for some other politically inclined topic.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by justi4jesu(f): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

grin grin grin
u Berra renounce naija & get Dubai passport.

Make i act like say i no see wetin you write. grin grin cheesy
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by jjjjj2017: 8:54am On Aug 02, 2017
win2kwire:

seriously?

children of foreigners born in Dubai cannot get the passport let alone country where ibo people are using Nigerian passports to do drugs.
always use your brain b4 you post!
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by kjhova(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2017
Meritocracy:
What is making sense there, I applied for just national I.D card for over two years from NIMC, it has never ready and this Baba woke up one
day and talking non sense, only slip they are given out is not enough for identification.

NIS will accept the NIMC slip to process your passport request.

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by jjjjj2017: 8:55am On Aug 02, 2017
justi4jesu:

Make i act like say i no see wetin you write. grin grin cheesy
grin grin grin na joke o
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by chuckdee4(m): 8:56am On Aug 02, 2017
Doesn't sound like a lot of thought was put into this policy.
What about Nigerians in diaspora, last time I checked there were no NIMC offices in Japan

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Lordcenturion2(m): 8:57am On Aug 02, 2017
I love this but they should include

*"no opening of bank account,
*u will not be able to operate your bank account.
*u will not be able start a business
*u will not be able to contest for any position in Nigeria
*you will not be able to apply for any government job.
*you will not be able to get admission into any universities in Nigeria.
*you won't be able to apply or get any benefits from government.

I think this will really help us, help the whole citizens,even to defraud people will be little bit hard, no more ghost workers or stealing government or country properties, it will reduce poverty, identity of individuals will be known etc

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest / Buhari Carries First Child To Be Delivered At Kuchigoro, Named Muhammed Buhari / First Commercial Vessel Berths At Lekki Port Ahead Of Buhari’s Commissioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.