Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 (29113 Views)

NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? / No National, Governorship Elections Will Hold In Rivers – APC Candidates Vow / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Unionised(m): 8:58am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:
so bcoz a middle name is not included in my pvc and school ID card while my BVN has a middle name, first Bank refused to open account for me. Please does anyone know a bank that wouldn't mind opening it for me.

None.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by willokos(f): 8:59am On Aug 02, 2017
dannytoe:
leave that fvcking bank, and go to Gt bank.

come to fcmb
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Aburi001: 9:02am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:
so bcoz a middle name is not included in my pvc and school ID card while my BVN has a middle name, first Bank refused to open account for me. Please does anyone know a bank that wouldn't mind opening it for me.
Try Diezane Allison Madueke Bank located at Otuoke kingdom grin

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Unimaginable123: 9:03am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:
get a court affidavit. It wount be a problem
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by lexy2014: 9:07am On Aug 02, 2017
agboty:
NIMC is working day and night now to ensure that the backlog of cards are produced and given to the rightful owners.It's a national project that must be fully supported by the citizens.
are they not being paid their salaries? what other support do they want?
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by win2kwire: 9:11am On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

always use your brain b4 you post!
sharap m0nkey
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Enoquin(f): 9:12am On Aug 02, 2017
Aspireahead:

there is a difference between the card and the number(NIN). The number is on the slip given during registration and it is what is required here

Thank you! I had to read on to see if no one actually read the article. NIN number and the actual card are two different things, while we have been waiting for the card forever, the number is what is really needed by the NIS. All systems need to be harmonized with the NIMC - NIS, bank, FRSC, civil and public servants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 02, 2017
DerideGull:

This nonsense need to be boycotted. Nigeria is still relatively underdeveloped to embark such national endeavor. This is country that cannot manage a gutter is talking about National Identification Number. These fools will always design a means of looting or embezzling funds. I guess IPOB should beg Biafrans to boycott the silly exercise so that IPOB should start offering Biafran passport.

I see ghost passport owners everywhere.

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by wickedworld: 9:15am On Aug 02, 2017
Getting it is the problem, especially when is free or tokin.

The ppl incharge will want u to do it in Niger way before u can get it with no stress or delay.

Corruption is any system in Nigeria. Buhari has to fight harder.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Partnerbiz2: 9:16am On Aug 02, 2017
Conner44:
can you imagine? so someone should apply and wait for Nigeria to allocate NIN to them from Abuja before going to apply for passport again?

me that applied for drivers license (the government way) on February last year and after waiting till September they never called me for capturing. I later secured my license (the 9ja way) via a wonderful agent here on NL in October under a week hassle free.

can you imagine that in January this year the yeye pipo started calling me from their office that I should now come and capture that the machine is working well once again. They've called me once a month since January asking me to come in that it's as if I'm not serious about doing my license and I want my money to waste.

Every time they call I just apologize to them and say I'm not in town but I will be back the next day so I will be there for the capturing and they then tell me to come along with N1,500 for "late" processing and I agree everytime.

Till today they've not seen me and I'm still expecting their call for this August.

I'm still thinking of a way of collecting my money back from those yeye pipo but Nigeria government no go gree do refund

Who did for u bro.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by justi4jesu(f): 9:20am On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

grin grin grin na joke o

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by jjjjj2017: 9:20am On Aug 02, 2017
win2kwire:
sharap m0nkey
obo ni baba re
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by successinlife: 9:24am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:

Go and swear affidavit at the court that you bear all the names and that you only use your first and last names often that the middle name notwithstanding is still you & the same person with the third name,quote your date and place of birth,father and mother's data and it will pass.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by DocHMD: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2017
rusher14:

There is nothing wrong with the exercise except one has a sinister motive.

Mr olori nla, what sinister move could you be talking about. People who are more intelligent than you have told you it can not work?

NIN cards takes an average of 2 years to get to it's rightful owners, can you wait that long when you have an international conference to attend in 5 months time but need to renew your passport?
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by akanbiaa(m): 9:29am On Aug 02, 2017
Jabioro:
It make sense but the cumbersome to get the national identity card is the real wahala.. to me is not available..
Its as a result of some of the mediocre staff they have, ordinary change in details mistakenly made they will frustrate you, go to court swear affidavit, pay into a nimc account , talk to you like a master talking to slave and will still not effect the changes ,had a case where a superior officer after being satisfied with the applicant and interviewed the applicant the staff they forwarded the applicant too humiliated the applicant and threatened that she will not do I since he feels he knows superior staff, in their enrolment center in head office there is one IBO guy who is always aggressive and fights with applicants and even tells security sometimes to chase people sent to them by other departments away.

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 02, 2017
I did my NIMC registration since 2014... it is 2017 yet anytime I check on the website it says my national ID card has not been dispatched.

agboty:
NIMC is working day and night now to ensure that the backlog of cards are produced and given to the rightful owners.It's a national project that must be fully supported by the citizens.

2 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by alizma: 9:31am On Aug 02, 2017
DerideGull:

This nonsense need to be boycotted. Nigeria is still relatively underdeveloped to embark such national endeavor. This is country that cannot manage a gutter is talking about National Identification Number. These fools will always design a means of looting or embezzling funds. I guess IPOB should beg Biafrans to boycott the silly exercise so that IPOB should start offering Biafran passport.
as if you have managed your own life properly. there is duplication of efforts and waste of time which they are trying to eliminate and all you see in it is nonsense right? those responsible for your brain shift are not giving up on their job.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 02, 2017
It is just the number that you need to renew your passport, I have done the registration and have had the NIMC number since 2014 but I have been waiting for the card ever since.

DocHMD:

Mr olori nla, what sinister move could you be talking about. People who are more intelligent than you have told you it can not work?

NIN cards takes an average of 2 years to get to it's rightful owners, can you wait that long when you have an international conference to attend in 5 months time but need to renew your passport?

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by successinlife: 9:37am On Aug 02, 2017
This is not how it is done,Nigeria mumu ministers are always putting the horse before the cart ala square peg in round holes.The foundation is faulty,National Identification Numbers are issued at birth,National Data Verification Number is what you obtain when you are no more a minor. Naija always dey fall hands,Minor changes in height,facial looks and weight etc but they need to be identified,from the age of 18 above the change is no more rapid,I will do a better work as an interior minister than these clones.

In western world,government issue birth certs at birth and this is where the child identification number is noted and it is unique till death,the medical checkup booklet is issued to remind their parents of dates for their vacines and when it is time to enrol in school,dental check up follow but you get data identification, verification at 18 with complete fingerprints.Naija which way?shoe shiners have been rulling us since 196O.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by TheSociopath(m): 9:38am On Aug 02, 2017
While you may not get your national ID in 4 yrs, you can get your NIN within 2 weeks or so. Why are y'all confusing yourselves

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by odinga1of: 9:39am On Aug 02, 2017
Wrong move by the FG of Nigeria. I applied for my National ID at NIMC Office at Warri since 2015 up till now no news from them.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by OAUTemitayo: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2017
agboty:
Are you for real
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Abduletudaye(m): 9:44am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:

Try Access.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by greggng: 9:46am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:

Stop question bank policy go and change ur bvn name to what you ve in ur pvc. Is as simple as that. The era of multiple identity same person has gone. If you like visit micro finance same rules apply

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by ReachHard: 9:50am On Aug 02, 2017
Why can't they use BVN that majority of Naijarians already have
Clueless confused m0f0s, they yaff started again
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Abduletudaye(m): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2017
And for those who are waiting for SMS from NIN,

Please use this link to check if your card is ready: https://touch.nimc.gov.ng
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by wolextayo: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

The question is, are they prepared?
I applied for national id card for over 10yrs & up till now the card is not ready?
A visit to NIMC office will open your eyes to reality about this NIN stuff.
I love things to be in order but the system we operate in Nigeria is not friendly.
NIMC is not working at all, even the immigration office is now something else where you were asked yo wait for 3 to 8 months before you get your Intl passport all in the name of no availability of booklet.
You think I'm Igbo & that's why you typed like eni ti aja digbolugi bu je.

Pele, were ara re maa to San!

Eranko Igbo lasanlasan grin grin grin

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Jabioro: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2017
akanbiaa:
Its as a result of some of the mediocre staff they have, ordinary change in details mistakenly made they will frustrate you, go to court swear affidavit, pay into a nimc account , talk to you like a master talking to slave and will still not effect the changes ,had a case where a superior officer after being satisfied with the applicant and interviewed the applicant the staff they forwarded the applicant too humiliated the applicant and threatened that she will not do I since he feels he knows superior staff, in their enrolment center in head office there is one IBO guy who is always aggressive and fights with applicants and even tells security sometimes to chase people sent to them by other departments away.
Can you imagine.. and these are the people placed important part of governance, to make the identity easy, facilitate security wahala, yet they will be talking about advance countries..
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by DJInfluence: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2017
Why can´t we apply for both at the same time from the same office? In Nigeria, there is no ease of doing any business. Go to any Passport Office, before you get that passport, you must have visited different offices and desk staffs all in the same building. Am sure the same will apply to the ID card as well. Yeye country.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by davillian(m): 10:00am On Aug 02, 2017
ourema:
Getting a National ID card has taken over 3 years now. What will happen when the process is now merged with another slow agency it now take eternity for people to collect the card
It's almost 3 yrs now and I've not gotten my national ID card.
I just tire.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Charly68: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2017
This people should be sent out of the service for talking without putting people into consideration..I have registered for my national ID card for almost 3 years now yet no card came to hand so if I want to renew my passport you will debar me from doing so because of Govt agency negligence swear I will take you to court ..
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by davillian(m): 10:02am On Aug 02, 2017
agboty:
I've given them my support and patience for 3 yrs now and I've not gotten my national ID card.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Opeyemi Falegan: UK Air Force Officer Offers To Train Amotekun Operatives / Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun Hosts Tunde Onakoya And His Parents (pictures) / Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.