Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 (29109 Views)

NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? / No National, Governorship Elections Will Hold In Rivers – APC Candidates Vow / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by wildchild02: 10:04am On Aug 02, 2017
True talk

Check my signature to order your latest club/country football jerseys
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by rusher14: 10:04am On Aug 02, 2017
DocHMD:

Mr olori nla, what sinister move could you be talking about. People who are more intelligent than you have told you it can not work?

NIN cards takes an average of 2 years to get to it's rightful owners, can you wait that long when you have an international conference to attend in 5 months time but need to renew your passport?

In the same vein, government should forget about power supply since it has never worked.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by kraftyiyk: 10:04am On Aug 02, 2017
So what happens to Nigerians in Diaspora whom there passports expired?
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by princeade86(m): 10:05am On Aug 02, 2017
openla:
Makes sense
make sense as how? Dis people are not ready and serious. Av registered since 2013, yet the original is not out till now
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by GeebeeM(m): 10:05am On Aug 02, 2017
ourema:
Getting a National ID card has taken over 3 years now. What will happen when the process is now merged with another slow agency it now take eternity for people to collect the card

The heading didn't say national ID card, it said NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER

2 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by horlanrewaju11(m): 10:10am On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

I paid the sum of 500naira to obtain national ID card & after registration/capturing at the local government secretariat, this year makes it 10th yr but my ID card is yet to be out.
Nigeria is not a country!

it is a Continent...
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Sammiel: 10:11am On Aug 02, 2017
agboty:
NIMC is working day and night now to ensure that the backlog of cards are produced and given to the rightful owners.It's a national project that must be fully supported by the citizens.
How did you know they are working day and night to produce the backlog of cards? Do you work there? I am asking because this is what we have been hearing for years and as a Nigerian I know public officials do not usually do their works diligently except if they are tipped with some cash.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 02, 2017
Most of the commenters here are half baked graduates or they didnt even care to read the article. The NIS only needs ur NIN which is on ur temporary slip.

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by CaptPlanet(m): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

I know but the problem here is that NIMC cant guarantee you getting registered not to talk of print out slip. If their computer is not faulty, there will be power outage or printer is not working.

Mehn! Do you have to be fvcking negative all the time?!

From page 1, all your comments on this thread has been negative. If that office isnt working, you go to another one dammit!

I bet if it were a babe now, you'll find a way and fvck!

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by CaptPlanet(m): 10:18am On Aug 02, 2017
Meritocracy:
What is making sense there, I applied for just national I.D card for over two years from NIMC, it has never ready and this Baba woke up one
day and talking non sense, only slip they are given out is not enough for identification.

Read! They said NIN number not permanent ID and its on the slip.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by GeebeeM(m): 10:18am On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

I paid the sum of 500naira to obtain national ID card & after registration/capturing at the local government secretariat, this year makes it 10th yr but my ID card is yet to be out.
Nigeria is not a country!

If you're talking about the old registration in 2003 (during OBJ) era, you have to register again for this new one. That registration was only for the purpose of printing the Card. This current registration is aimed at building a database, hence, the emphasis on the National Identification Number, so that even without the card you can be identified.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by chloride6: 10:19am On Aug 02, 2017
GeebeeM:

The heading didn't say national ID card, it said NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER

I tire for this my people ooh. How did number become card

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by CaptPlanet(m): 10:23am On Aug 02, 2017
akanbiaa:
Its as a result of some of the mediocre staff they have, ordinary change in details mistakenly made they will frustrate you, go to court swear affidavit, pay into a nimc account , talk to you like a master talking to slave and will still not effect the changes ,had a case where a superior officer after being satisfied with the applicant and interviewed the applicant the staff they forwarded the applicant too humiliated the applicant and threatened that she will not do I since he feels he knows superior staff, in their enrolment center in head office there is one IBO guy who is always aggressive and fights with applicants and even tells security sometimes to chase people sent to them by other departments away.

Fight you, chase you away, humiliate and use security only you?

Then there must be something wrong with you.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by GeebeeM(m): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2017
Nova01:
This government is very clueless even the isreali's putting them through are the doing it for the money upon the data's the collected for bvn they still need people to get this one

The banks carried out the BVN exercise for their interest and then you can't compare the data NIMC collect with what the banks have
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by CaptPlanet(m): 10:25am On Aug 02, 2017
TheSociopath:
While you may not get your national ID in 4 yrs, you can get your NIN within 2 weeks or so. Why are y'all confusing yourselves

I swear a lot of people don't read and its alarming!
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by ifyain: 10:29am On Aug 02, 2017
Who needs a Nigerian passport anyway? the criminals don,t need passport and besides anything is possible in this country if you have the money.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by bigtt76(f): 10:54am On Aug 02, 2017
Wonder why it took them this long to enforce. This should be extended to the FRSC National Driver's Licence

agboty:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/no-identity-number-no-passport-from-2018-nis-boss/amp/
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by akanbiaa(m): 10:58am On Aug 02, 2017
CaptPlanet:

Fight you, chase you away, humiliate and use security only you?

Then there must be something wrong with you.
Not me but what I observed within 3 weeks intervals, if you doubt me go to their head office and ask of the enrolment department,just go there and make enquiries and also study how others are treated there.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by akanbiaa(m): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2017
Their customer service department are excellent and also the Admin,Kudos to the manager special duties but the problem is the big Ibo lady heading the enrolment department(don't know if she is still the one till date) and a particular Ibo guy who is always hot tempered by default and talks any how to anybody, if you are not based in Abuja ask those based in Abuja to go confirm at sarkodie street head office at their enrolment Centre.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by TheSociopath(m): 11:30am On Aug 02, 2017
CaptPlanet:

I swear a lot of people don't read and its alarming!

Honestly. Too much time is dedicated to complaining and no time to try to understand the situation of things and why
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by newslifeop: 11:41am On Aug 02, 2017
Really
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by hegelian: 11:55am On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

The question is, are they prepared?
I applied for national id card for over 10yrs & up till now the card is not ready?
A visit to NIMC office will open your eyes to reality about this NIN stuff.
I love things to be in order but the system we operate in Nigeria is not friendly.
NIMC is not working at all, even the immigration office is now something else where you were asked yo wait for 3 to 8 months before you get your Intl passport all in the name of no availability of booklet.
You think I'm Igbo & that's why you typed like eni ti aja digbolugi bu je.

Pele, were ara re maa to San!

Eranko Igbo lasanlasan grin grin grin
you can lie for african ennn....NIMC that started registering people in 2012, you dey yarn dust of 10yrs ago....kai commonsense fall on u

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by prestigevictor: 12:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
please the pre-enrolment portal has not been going for over three weeks now. federal Government should please do something about it because it's a means of youth empowerment for some un-employed youths
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by openla(m): 12:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

The question is, are they prepared?
I applied for national id card for over 10yrs & up till now the card is not ready?
A visit to NIMC office will open your eyes to reality about this NIN stuff.
I love things to be in order but the system we operate in Nigeria is not friendly.
NIMC is not working at all, even the immigration office is now something else where you were asked yo wait for 3 to 8 months before you get your Intl passport all in the name of no availability of booklet.
You think I'm Igbo & that's why you typed like eni ti aja digbolugi bu je.

Pele, were ara re maa to San!

Eranko Igbo lasanlasan grin grin grin

I guess you are as confused as me. A Yoruba man with Nnamdi Kanu's picture as profile on NL is confused. You are either and hypocrite or an impersonator so you can win arguments. I dont ever want a repitition of what happened to me when i went for my passport in 2013 if there is a way someone else will not go through that kind of stress I will support it. In 2015 I registered for a DL, I was given two temporary licenses and was told they will call me after 6 months, that's why they give you 2 temporary licenses each last 3 months, they called me I think a month before the expiration of the latter. Sometimes your get to an ATM and it stop dispensing when it gets to your turn doesn't mean the bank service is entirely bad. But what do I know?

Mind you I got my international passport the same day.

I don't care if you are Igbo or Latin as long as you don't like growth or improvement you are useless to me. You can't always say everything about this country is bad. E no easy to satisfy 180m people abeg.

Next time write your own comments about a post and don't be disagreeing with people up and down.

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by openla(m): 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
Aspireahead:

there is a difference between the card and the number(NIN). The number is on the slip given during registration and it is what is required here
how will this one know? Someone that just want to argue
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by openla(m): 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
TheSociopath:

Honestly. Too much time is dedicated to complaining and no time to try to understand the situation of things and why
I swear
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by agboty(m): 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
We can only hope the Federal Government will do the needful by pumping money into the NIN project.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by helen4(f): 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
am sure this is the latest joke right? after the 12 hours wait to register for national ID card since December 2015 which is not ready, they're bringing this up again. what a joke! God help Nigeria.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Conner44: 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

Who did for u bro.

If you're in lagos then contact pattybf on the car talk section
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
Baba na so me sef enter am o. Just because I didn't use full name I no fit open for gtb. As no b full name dey for bvn and na full name for my identification. angry
internationalman:
so bcoz a middle name is not included in my pvc and school ID card while my BVN has a middle name, first Bank refused to open account for me. Please does anyone know a bank that wouldn't mind opening it for me.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by CaptPlanet(m): 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
akanbiaa:
Not me but what I observed within 3 weeks intervals, if you doubt me go to their head office and ask of the enrolment department,just go there and make enquiries and also study how others are treated there.

Oga I went there last week to make enquiries about the permanent ID. The lady and the guy that attended to me were nice to me, as a matter of fact, I have the lady's number and I plan to take her for lunch sometime.

Some people go to public offices and make a nuisance of themselves and expect to be treated as kings.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by CaptPlanet(m): 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
TheSociopath:

Its so disheartening my brother. From the 1st page to the 3rd page were all complaining. The matter weak me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EndSARS: Lagos Loses N234m To Tollgates’ Closure / Presidency Keeps Watch On El-Rufai As Plot To Scuttle APC Convention Thickens / NYSC Certificate Forgery: Sack Kemi Adeosun - PDP Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.