Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 (29104 Views)

NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? / No National, Governorship Elections Will Hold In Rivers – APC Candidates Vow / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by gabrielniy(m): 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
Conner44:
can you imagine? so someone should apply and wait for Nigeria to allocate NIN to them from Abuja before going to apply for passport again?

NIN has been allocated to those that registered, either the temporary or permanent card. It's actually a good development and it'll ease the stress of registering at every agency over and over again.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by sapientia(m): 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Am still shamed of this... Still waiting for them to deny this... Been checking every hour for them to do that.. Am still waiting.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by akanbiaa(m): 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
CaptPlanet:

Oga I went there last week to make enquiries about the permanent ID. The lady and the guy that attended to me were nice to me, as a matter of fact, I have the lady's number and I plan to take her for lunch sometime.

Some people go to public offices and make a nuisance of themselves and expect to be treated as kings.
If you read thru my comment you will see that I acknowledged the customer service department and the manager special duties but complained on the enrolment centrer headed by a lady and about a hot tempered guy whom even some of the staff there are tired of. Why are you quick to condemning withouth properly reading and what investigation have you made on that specific allegation? Or are you the nuisance in the office or your relation?
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by sagaione: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
ourema:
Getting a National ID card has taken over 3 years now. What will happen when the process is now merged with another slow agency it now take eternity for people to collect the card

Be patient, you pay for for all sort of ID cards with exception of the National ID
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by akanbiaa(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
CaptPlanet:

Oga I went there last week to make enquiries about the permanent ID. The lady and the guy that attended to me were nice to me, as a matter of fact, I have the lady's number and I plan to take her for lunch sometime.

Some people go to public offices and make a nuisance of themselves and expect to be treated as kings.
When people go to public places and make nuiciance of themselves the security will show them the way out, what if its a staff that feels they are untouchable due to how they got the job and then makes nuisiance of themselves, learn to reason and stop taking people wives for lunch at mama put buka simply because of your ulterior motives.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by sagaione: 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
Conner44:
can you imagine? so someone should apply and wait for Nigeria to allocate NIN to them from Abuja before going to apply for passport again?

me that applied for drivers license (the government way) on February last year and after waiting till September they never called me for capturing. I later secured my license (the 9ja way) via a wonderful agent here on NL in October under a week hassle free.

can you imagine that in January this year the yeye pipo started calling me from their office that I should now come and capture that the machine is working well once again. They've called me once a month since January asking me to come in that it's as if I'm not serious about doing my license and I want my money to waste.

Every time they call I just apologize to them and say I'm not in town but I will be back the next day so I will be there for the capturing and they then tell me to come along with N1,500 for "late" processing and I agree everytime.

Till today they've not seen me and I'm still expecting their call for this August.

I'm still thinking of a way of collecting my money back from those yeye pipo but Nigeria government no go gree do refund

Do you home work before going public to make wrong accusation, if any one ask you for money do the appropriate thing. It takes less than one minute to get a NIN, Doyou have a TIN? Do you homework no one will leave his work to do special favor for you
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by sagaione: 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Omeokachie:
Yeye people that have given excuses of none availability of passport booklets and stickers for visas for foreign visitors, are now the coming up with another reason to deflect attention from their stark incompetence!

How many Nigerians of the over 180m have the national ID card?

Read the subject before commenting, No one mentioned ID card what was mentioned was National Identity Number (Not Card)
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by sagaione: 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
rainylad:

..Story!!..anyone listening to these clowns will think they mean well for Nigeria...but hell no..

..They will still import aliens from Chad and Niger republics for evil activities and to boost the population of barren north...give them IDs and issue passports to them..and the charade goes on..

What do you mean for Nigeria if you keep insulating stuff you can't prove, and by the way who are they? Make useful contribution instead playing the hate game. AS A PERSON ARE BETTER THAN CHADIANS OR THOSE NIGER. WATCH YOUR TONGUE be be respectful
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by sagaione: 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
Weselion:
Are this one's high ni? ID card that I have registered for since 2013, I never see the card. Nonesense

How much did you pay, Read the subject before commenting, No one mentioned ID card what was mentioned was National Identity Number (Not Card)
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by jjjjj2017: 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
hegelian:

you can lie for african ennn....NIMC that started registering people in 2012, you dey yarn dust of 10yrs ago....kai commonsense fall on u
I registered at Local Government Secretariat.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Omeokachie: 4:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
sagaione:

Read the subject before commenting, No one mentioned ID card what was mentioned was National Identity Number (Not Card)

And they will write the number on paper for you?
Think before quoting me in future.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by CaptPlanet(m): 4:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
akanbiaa:
When people go to public places and make nuiciance of themselves the security will show them the way out, what if its a staff that feels they are untouchable due to how they got the job and then makes nuisiance of themselves, learn to reason and stop taking people wives for lunch at mama put buka simply because of your ulterior motives.

See how you confuse yourself all in a bid to sound intelligent. So people walk into people's offices and act politely and get treated rudely? Also in your first post you said they told security to throw the person out when all the person did was to go for registration.

Now you're in support of security showing the so called person out of the premises if he's a nuisance. Unless you were lying in your first post don't you see that there's obviously something wrong with you?

Form your ramblings I can deduce you were the one thrown out because u made a mess of yourself now you're here to tarnish them if not why do you keep going to their office on different days just to monitor how they talk to and treat people?

Keep showing the world your ignorance because it is only married women that work in government offices.

Oh and Im taking her out for lunch on friday, from there we'll hang out. You can self-service to that

Don't go and learn simple manners.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by hegelian: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:
I registered at Local Government Secretariat.
Then u lied because nimc wasn't even in existence 10yrs ago..the act that established the commission was in 2007 and registration started in 2012 in most states while ocal government offices were opened in 2013....
We should stop sensationalising things
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Emanodimo(m): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
Well, NIMC is yet to produce National Identity Card for 3years now. Maybe they are waiting for another government money to share... Stealing a continuous process is all I can see.

After the last registration exercise, only few have collected. Even those registered barely 2month after the exercise can think of collecting it... Very annoying situation.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
sagaione:

How much did you pay, Read the subject before commenting, No one mentioned ID card what was mentioned was National Identity Number (Not Card)

I get your point. I applied for the NIN since 2013 and got it immediately; that's the case for everyone.

But I need the card. It's 4 years now. The slip that is given is almost useless. You can't even use it to open an account.

I need the identity card not just the number.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by internationalman(m): 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
romeorails:
Baba na so me sef enter am o. Just because I didn't use full name I no fit open for gtb. As no b full name dey for bvn and na full name for my identification. angry
u Don resolve d issues bro?
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
At all
internationalman:

u Don resolve d issues bro?
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by jjjjj2017: 11:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
hegelian:

Then u lied because nimc wasn't even in existence 10yrs ago..the act that established the commission was in 2007 and registration started in 2012 in most states while ocal government offices were opened in 2013....
We should stop sensationalising things
Registration has been at the local government secretariat across the country even before the first distribution of first national ID card. its a supplementary exercise & you are mandated to pay the sum of 500naira before you will be issued the form that you will filled then your face/fingerprint will be captured.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Enare(m): 12:42am On Aug 03, 2017
Nigeria is moving forward
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by DerideGull(m): 1:09am On Aug 03, 2017
alizma:

as if you have managed your own life properly. there is duplication of efforts and waste of time which they are trying to eliminate and all you see in it is nonsense right? those responsible for your brain shift are not giving up on their job.

You who have managed your sorry life still have no electricity. Do you think it takes firewood to print national identification card? This stream of thought is the main reason Nigeria will cease to exist. No electricity, no good roads, no hospitals, no clean and potable water, no good heads yet these fools are talking about national identification number. Who in his/her right senses would want to be identified as a Nigerian? What a junk of country.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Emanodimo(m): 9:05am On Aug 03, 2017
agboty:
NIMC is working day and night now to ensure that the backlog of cards are produced and given to the rightful owners.It's a national project that must be fully supported by the citizens.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by asas(f): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2017
You may have seen or heard the news that BEGINNING FROM 2018 THE NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE WILL NOT RENEW OR ISSUE NEW INTERNATIONAL PASSPORTS TO PERSONS WITHOUT THE NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (NIN) ISSUED BY NIMC.

What this means is that all applicants for the Nigerian International Passport starting from January 1 next year shall be required to enter their 11 digits National Identification Number (NIN) on their application forms before their applications can be processed.

Please note that the announcement does not say NATIONAL e-ID CARD but NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. They are two different tokens issued by NIMC. The NIN is issued to you on a slip once you register successfully at a NIMC center, it is your MAIN identity in the National Identity Database and will gradually replace other means of identity in Nigeria, this is where we are heading to.

The Immigration Service has done well by linking up with NIMC's NIN Verification platform to identify all citizens and foreigners applying for the passport. It will help Nigeria in security and other sensitive areas. Every other data collection agency in Nigeria is expected to follow soon.

The electronic ID Card is also important for several other services and will be issued to everyone who has a NIN immediately NIMC gets the required resources. We regret the slow pace of card issuance. We are already issuing them.

Please disregard all rumors and share this announcement widely.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by TheGrisha: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
Conner44:

me that applied for drivers license (the government way) on February last year and after waiting till September they never called me for capturing. I later secured my license (the 9ja way) via a wonderful agent here on NL in October under a week hassle free.

can you imagine that in January this year the yeye pipo started calling me from their office that I should now come and capture that the machine is working well once again. They've called me once a month since January asking me to come in that it's as if I'm not serious about doing my license and I want my money to waste.

Every time they call I just apologize to them and say I'm not in town but I will be back the next day so I will be there for the capturing and they then tell me to come along with N1,500 for "late" processing and I agree everytime.

Till today they've not seen me and I'm still expecting their call for this August.

I'm still thinking of a way of collecting my money back from those yeye pipo but Nigeria government no go gree do refund
Please what's the agent's name?
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Conner44: 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2017
TheGrisha:

Please what's the agent's name?

pattybf
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 06, 2017
Good evening all, pls I need advice on what to do to get my 32 page passport booklet. I was captured at NIS Festac Lagos office since June 20th, 2017 and haven't gotten it till now. I keep calling my contact weekly to know if it's ready all to no avail and no fixed date of when it will be ready.I have called NIS hotline and they said there's scarcity but in the press, comptroller general, NIS said there is availability of the booklets. what shall I do, house?
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by MissFafa: 2:16am On Oct 16, 2017
Hello. please i need clarification. Which number on both the NIN slip and the national identity card is that actual national identity number? I have both the card and the slip and there are a bunch of figures on both. I cant figure out which one is the actual national identity number.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Engralfa(m): 8:01am On Oct 16, 2017
MissFafa:
Hello. please i need clarification. Which number on both the NIN slip and the national identity card is that actual national identity number? I have both the card and the slip and there are a bunch of figures on both. I cant figure out which one is the actual national identity number.

The National Identification Number, referred to as NIN is on the "NIN slip". NIN is written on the left hand side of the slip. You can't find the NIN on the main card, having the NIN is much more important than the card itself. The NIN is an equivalent of the social security number used by the US.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari - Ex Gov. Oyinlola / 2000 Pastors Pray For Governor Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) / 'Northern Stakeholders Will Leave PDP If Wike Mistakenly Emerges As A Candidate'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.