Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" (13615 Views)

Death Blow 2 Is My Favourite Again. Da Vinci Mode Is Finally Out / Mode Nine Album 'da Vinci Mode' Is Now Available On Notjustok.com / The Da Remix Videos Of P-square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by Rhymstein(m): 10:50am On Feb 24, 2010
@khanye
Who is ridwan,i think dat inscription of d 'da vinci mode' shld be used o,i no lyk d one 4 d 1st one
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 10:51am On Feb 24, 2010
khanye:

Remake of "The Davinci Mode" Album cover

The font in which The DA VINCI MODE is written is the right one.
Wish that's wat the original has.

The only clause in this Ridwan's remake is the ADVISORY
M9 goes with DENTAL ADVISORY-DONT BITE, not PARENTAL ADVISORY.
Nice design all the same.
oNe
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by HJ1(m): 11:03am On Feb 24, 2010
khanye:

Remake of "The Davinci Mode" Album cover

oh khanye u know ridwan sanusi,, . . .small world . . .well he just told me dat he didnt feel the album cover and wanted a lil twist on
it.

@DBR yo homes, the DENTAL ADVISORY ish was only used on MALCOLM IX . . .every work he did had the PARENTAL ADVISORY . .(I fink?)
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by Genuflect(m): 11:08am On Feb 24, 2010
H.J, are you sure cos I think I've seen that on some of his other albums
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by Rhymstein(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2010
@hj
Paradigm shift had it too,d one i got
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by khanye(m): 11:11am On Feb 24, 2010
H.J:

oh khanye u know ridwan sanusi,,  . . .small world . .  .well he just told me dat he didnt feel the album cover and wanted a lil twist on
it.

@DBR yo homes, the DENTAL ADVISORY ish was only used on MALCOLM IX . . .every work he did had the PARENTAL ADVISORY . .(I fink?)

I saw it on his FB page some min ago and i decided to share it with you guyz
to say what you fink about it
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by Rhymstein(m): 11:21am On Feb 24, 2010
dont u guys think a tale of pots go resemble contradiction
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by khanye(m): 11:32am On Feb 24, 2010
Rhymstein:

dont u guys think a tale of pots go resemble contradiction

i dont know yet , maybe undecided
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by HJ1(m): 11:38am On Feb 24, 2010
maybe i aint too sure bout the DENTAL ADVISORY THING AFTERALL,  wud check it out wen i get home. . . .
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 11:44am On Feb 24, 2010
There it is, PS album cover.
For EPU, seems that didnt carry any advisory at all.
For the Album cover, i think the only thing i prefer in the remake is
the correctness of the Font for DA VINCI MODE, the razzmatazz effect is tooo much.
i prefer the subtle mature chrome of the other and the font in which Modenine is written.
oNe

Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 11:49am On Feb 24, 2010
See? No advisory.
Except it's wriiten smwia else
and i culd bet t'wuld be DENTAL and not PARENTAL grin
oNe

Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by tosinaded(m): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2010
hmmmm

Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by javalove(m): 11:57am On Feb 24, 2010
I saw this first b4 anyone hia. . .!!!
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2010
javalove:

I saw this first b4 anyone hia. . .!!!
Well sorrwyyyy~~ Khany[i]eezy[/i] beat u to it grin grin
oNe
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by Rhymstein(m): 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2010
@java
Wch one,d ridwan remake or d original prototype,cos i dey awake wen mode upload am,na matter of seconds o
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by javalove(m): 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2010
@DBR
nope. . I saw it b4 him cos I know d designer wella. .

@Rhymestein

Nope. . .i mean the remake. .

He is som1 we all know here. .dont know if i'm permitted to reveal his id
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
Like also this was s'pose to be a reworked version of the
power collabo~ We dey Vex artwork.
As against wat is presently out there.
It's a "throw back" look. grin
Waty'all think?
oNe

Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by HJ1(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2010
@java . . .beliv me, if u talkin bout ridwan, he ID on NL is bouzymill (it aint wut we gon be hiding bout, u dig?). . . I actually got to know him thru NL and we later became cool buds on FB , he is one really sick dude with beats, . . .and dope wit words . . . .and bout the pix ,khanye beat u to it, though i had seen it already before he did cuz ridwan gave me a peek on the pix to know if were aight . . . .
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by aldon: 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2010
itz a very impressive nd attractive album sleeves lol.ridwan did a great job.this is hw a hiphop album sleeve ought 2 look like.one
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 8:55am On Feb 25, 2010
aldon:

itz a very impressive nd attractive album sleeves lol.ridwan did a great job.this is hw a hiphop album sleeve ought 2 look like.one
Wat a bogus statement!!!!! WTF?!!
Then most of the greats neva had a hip hop album sleeve goin by your statement.
Go check em out, Only Jz's DYNASTY had a razzmataz kinda design,
Nas, cant remember any single 1,Rakim, none comes to mind,
Em, ? dont even say Relapse, cos that was kinda conceptual~~
Lil wayne~~dunno of any from carter 1-3, Luda? any 1?
Biggie, Pac Helloooooo!!! Not even when u talk bout there recent body of works.

Now i dont have any proble with usin' splatters and all but your statement is just toooo overboard~
Apart from how the DA VINCI MODE is written, artistically, again i still prefer the 1st design.
oNe
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by semid4lyfe(m): 9:30am On Feb 25, 2010
I LOVE Modenine (despite the fact that I yab him once in a while,. . . .I do it just for the fun of it. . .Javalove, Khanye & co, take note). . . .the guy is conceptual in his thinking. . . .he makes a statement with his album covers. . . .my favourite is still Paradigm Shift. . . .the concept of him sitting in his library with his denim, Jeans and timbolo with his table stacked with big heavy books was UNIQUE and OUT OF THIS WORLD. . . .that alone was a subtle diss to all the other rap/hip-hop artistes. . . .im dey talk se me I be Prof. . . .I be intellectual and no ordinary rapper. . . .I don read far and wide. . . .I spit and kick knowledge. . . .Me & una no dey the same level, lol.

I recall I bought that album in traffic . . . .when I saw the album cover, I smiled to my sef and said this guy sha. . . .im no go kill person. . .I liked Malcolm IX very much too. . . .the concept of him silhouetted behind bars was lovely too. . . .it captured the essence of the album title IMO. . . .Pentium IX and E Plurubus were just there to me. . . . .hmmm, I no go lie. . . I no too like the album cover for this Davinci Mode. . . .I want something more symbolic with the origin of the album name he has chosen. . . .this one no be am 4 me.
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 10:06am On Feb 25, 2010
semid4lyfe:

I LOVE Modenine (despite the fact that I yab him once in a while,. . . .I do it just for the fun of it. . .Javalove, Khanye & co, take note). . . .the guy is conceptual in his thinking. . . .he makes a statement with his album covers. . . .my favourite is still Paradigm Shift. . . .the concept of him sitting in his library with his denim, Jeans and timbolo with his table stacked with big heavy books was UNIQUE and OUT OF THIS WORLD. . . .that alone was a subtle diss to all the other rap/hip-hop artistes. . . .im dey talk se me I be Prof. . . .I be intellectual and no ordinary rapper. . . .I don read far and wide. . . .I spit and kick knowledge. . . .Me & una no dey the same level, lol. I recall I bought that album in traffic . . . .when I saw the album cover, I smiled to my sef and said this guy sha. . . .im no go kill person. . .I liked Malcolm IX very much too. . . .the concept of him silhouetted behind bars was lovely too. . . .it captured the essence of the album title IMO. . . .Pentium IX and E Plurubus were just there to me. . . . .hmmm, I no go lie. . . I no too like the album cover for this Davinci Mode. . . .I want something more symbolic with the origin of the album name he has chosen. . . .this one no be am 4 me. 
U can step out of the confession booth now~~
Go and sin no more ma child, your sins r forgiven grin grin grin

Ok, to other issues, u are absolutely right!
If it's bout conceptuality, the imagery doent carry the concept of the title. it's very obvious.
But lookin at it witotut the album title in mind, the imagery is mature/linda sutble too,
u can deduce a whole lot of meanin from that, but i wont even push it.
But note there are times a title and imagery push a concept,
there r time the imagery pushes it[i](happens mostly when the album is self named
then the image reveals the creative direction)[/i]
and some times the Title alone pushes it.
Plus, it depends on which is derived from an existin known concept,
u gotta down play one element for the other~~ some times.

Good obsrvation tho.
oNe
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by tosinaded(m): 10:34am On Feb 25, 2010
its kinda ineterseting how some peeps get excited over Mode9 dropping an album lipsrsealed
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by semid4lyfe(m): 10:57am On Feb 25, 2010
@ DBR
Lol at the confession booth and sinning no more part. You know taking a dig at Modenine is irresistible with people like Javalove and Khanye around. . . . .those guys sweet to wind wella. . . .anyway, I go try, lol.

Hmmm. . . . .about the album cover, I get your point but I'm kinda old fashioned. . . . I woulda preferred an album cover with an imagery that captured the album title just like that of Malcolm IX (The Lost Sessions) and The Paradigm Shift. . . .Anyway sha, it ain't a bad album cover. . . . .I go still spend that N150.
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 10:59am On Feb 25, 2010
tosinaded@:

its kinda ineterseting how some peeps get excited over Mode9 dropping an album lipsrsealed

I wonder too oo~~Yea, very IN-ETER-SETING!!! grin grin grin
oNe
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 11:02am On Feb 25, 2010
@
Semid4lyfe
truly y'all really kno how to hav a go at Java n Khayeezy grin
On the album cover~i feel u dude,
nofin do u.
oNe
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by darequam(m): 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2010
@semid4life,
Would u av prefered an album cover with Modenine potrayed as d man would fly image, drawn by Leonardo Davinci deacades ago?
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by bouzymill(m): 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2010
Thanx to every for the love and the creative/constructive criticisms, I made the album cover to show love and just correct some issues I'm having with the Original cover and I realized they've been well taken in by people of NL.

I feel you brah. I know it's too grungy, but it will not come out too grungy on print, words to DBR,
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by tosinaded(m): 12:53pm On Feb 25, 2010
[size=15pt]lmao Khanye has to be the most St.upid Modenine fan i know!!!
all he does is come here shouting ruggedman is a Buffoon
saucekid is boncekid and making moronic statements!!!

guy knows knothing about rap music, i no sure say him dey even understand wetin modenine dey talk!!!!\
just a bloody wannabe hater of saucekid and ruggedman!!!!

Khanye try get small brain abeg, i know say na fuji and apala u dey always listen to!!!
[/size]
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by bjmighty(m): 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2010
tosinaded@:

[size=15pt]lmao Khanye has to be the most St.upid Modenine fan i know!!!
all he does is come here shouting ruggedman is a Buffoon
saucekid is boncekid and making moronic statements!!!

guy knows knothing about rap music, i no sure say him dey even understand wetin modenine dey talk!!!!\
just a bloody wannabe hater of saucekid and ruggedman!!!!

Khanye try get small brain abeg, i know say na fuji and apala u dey always listen to!!!
[/size]

How dare you call Khanye a wannabe hater when you just a stu.pid saucekid cocck sucker. I heard he hired you to be his spokes man on NL to get free ticket to his shows in return. Suck kid is your Jesus, keep worshiping the facebook thug and twitter gangsta. I would be ashamed of your idiocy if i was your father. . . . . . . A.s.s.H.o.l.e.!
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by Rhymstein(m): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2010
@bjmighty
Cool down,y trading words wit him
He doesnt knw much abt rap himself,though me,am stil learning.i take to corrections frm ppl dat r more experienced,e.g eldee

But tosin refuses to learn dat rap v different styles wch is very good.
They all co exist,talib hates on gangsta rap n ve heard him feature gangsta rappers

Lupe mocks them n i saw him take a pic wiv 50,n he was so excited

It brings abt variation,they all need each other to exist,

Pop,party lyk rap popularises d art n ppl myt get tired of it,n wanna listen to some concious stuff n vice versa

@tosin
Evn on a mixtape,sauce wnt be kicking knowledge n doin d concious stuff.its nt in his nature.its nt all abt punchlines,wordplay dat he does at times

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wizkid Ft. Femi Kuti- Jaiye Jaiye / Download Music: Diamond Jimma X Stone D – Aje (cover) / Davido – "Flora My Flawa" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.