Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" (13621 Views)

Death Blow 2 Is My Favourite Again. Da Vinci Mode Is Finally Out / Mode Nine Album 'da Vinci Mode' Is Now Available On Notjustok.com / The Da Remix Videos Of P-square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by tosinaded(m): 2:09pm On Feb 25, 2010
bjmighty:

How dare you call Khanye a wannabe hater when you just a stu.pid saucekid cocck sucker. I heard he hired you to be his spokes man on NL to get free ticket to his shows in return. Suck kid is your Jesus, keep worshiping the facebook thug and twitter gangsta. I would be ashamed of your idiocy if i was your father. . . . . . . A.s.s.H.o.l.e.!

kill urself undecided

Rhymstein:

@bjmighty
Cool down,y trading words wit him
He doesnt knw much abt rap himself,though me,am stil learning.i take to corrections frm ppl dat r more experienced,e.g eldee

But tosin refuses to learn dat rap v different styles wch is very good.
They all co exist,talib hates on gangsta rap n ve heard him feature gangsta rappers

Lupe mocks them n i saw him take a pic wiv 50,n he was so excited

It brings abt variation,they all need each other to exist,

Pop,party lyk rap popularises d art n ppl myt get tired of it,n wanna listen to some concious stuff n vice versa

@tosin
Evn on a mixtape,sauce wnt be kicking knowledge n doin d concious stuff.its nt in his nature.its nt all abt punchlines,wordplay dat he does at times

u dan carry your idiocy reach here abi??
fine if na RAP u wan dey learn, suit urself aite, am here to have fun!!
stop following me like am twitter!!!
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by semid4lyfe(m): 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2010
darequam:

@semid4life,
Would u av prefered an album cover with Modenine potrayed as d man would fly image, drawn by Leonardo Davinci deacades ago?
Not really but he could have played around the theme of the 'The Vitruvian Man' and come out with something. . . . .Just cast your mind back to Malcolm IX (The Lost Sessions) and the image of Modenine silhouetted against bars in prison and you'll understand what I'm talking about. . . .that album cover was very apt and it was very descriptive & it covered evry. . . . the reference to Malcolm X, his hip-hop activism, advocacy of real hip-hop in 9ja, his prison time, reason for calling it the Lost Sessiöns etc. . . .You can correlate all this to the real Malcolm X nah. . . . .as in that Album cover was symbolic. . . It spoke to me. . . . .so did Paradigm Shift. . . .Mode is a very Knowledgeable fellow who has read far & wide. . . . .I'm sure he knows a thing or two about Symbology. . . . .he could have pulled it off with Davinci Mode too if he really wanted to. . . . .I'm afraid the album cover of 'The Davinci Mode' is too generic & doesn't speak to me

My 2 kobo!
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Not really but he could have played around the theme of the 'The Vitruvian Man' and come out with something. . . . .Just cast your mind back to Malcolm IX (The Lost Sessions) and the image of Modenine silhouetted against bars in prison and you'll understand what I'm talking about. . . .that album cover was very apt and it was very descriptive & it covered. . . . the reference to Malcolm X, his hip-hop activism, advocacy of real hip-hop in 9ja etc. . . .You can correlate all this to the real Malcolm X nah. . . . .as in that Album cover was symbolic. . . It spoke to me. . . . .so did Paradigm Shift. . . .Mode is a very Knowledgeable fellow who has read far & wide. . . . .I'm sure he knows a thing or two about Symbology. . . . .he could have pulled it off with Davinci Mode too if he really wanted to. . . . .I'm afraid the album cover of 'The Davinci Mode' is too generic & doesn't speak to me

My 2 kobo!
Now u want me to push it out for u ?
It's right there, it's not blatant so u just gotta be more
vast in these things to see it.
If u want i can do a critique of wat u call generic
and show u how it communicates it, it's right there if u just pause and look.
Now im not sure if the designer knew this or not, but it's there, Just say the word
and i'll critique.
oNe
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by khanye(m): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2010
@bjmighty

Why are u wasting your time trading words with a F.ool
Free the small boy abeg
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by tosinaded(m): 3:44pm On Feb 25, 2010
typical Khanye grin cheesy
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by khanye(m): 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2010
A f.ool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult cool
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by tosinaded(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2010
hehehehe
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by HJ1(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2010
saw bouzymill as d last poster but I stil aint seen his post, . . .hope it aint one of em moderator B.S again. . . .yo bouzy(Sick) I sees u. . .we on it as always . .
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by semid4lyfe(m): 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2010
DBR:

Now u want me to push it out for u ?
It's right there, it's not blatant so u just gotta be more
vast in these things to see it.
If u want i can do a critique of wat u call generic
and show u how it communicates it, it's right there if u just pause and look.
Now im not sure if the designer knew this or not, but it's there, Just say the word
and i'll critique.
oNe
DBR, I'm on phone so maybe that's why I don't see it. . . . .From my end what I see is a pic of Modenine wearing a spots jacket with a T-shirt underneath and face cap turned backwards. . . .he's holding his head which is slightly bent and staring downwards. . . .underneath, The DaVinci Code is written in a flame of fire, abi nah?. . . .The only thing that sorta relates to the origin of the album name is the character/calligraphy in which the 'davinci' was written IMO. . . .How does the pic relate pls? Waiting for you to break it down. . . . . . . ?

Btw. . . .by generic, I mean the typical 9ja rap/hip-hop artistes album cover of pics of their faces or themselves wearing baffs & blings, trying to look fine, tough or baaad, lol.
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by tosinaded(m): 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2010
@H.J

so u also noticed, i bin think say na onlly me!!!
had to go to his profile to get his post
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by HJ1(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2010
tosinaded@:

@H.J

so u also noticed, i bin think say na onlly me!!!
had to go to his profile to get his post

mite sound crazy but i dont know how to see someone's post from his profile undecided
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by Genuflect(m): 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2010
H.J, just click on the user's ID and click on 'Show the last posts of this person'
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by eldee(m): 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2010
I was kinda dissapointed too.
Da vVinci Mode was a conceptual 'opening of the floodgates' . . . Modenine didn't translate his creative standpoint to the designer.

I was looking for sumn more Da Vinci, a painting pf Modenine at the very least.

Just look at what the movie directors did with this.

Won't it have been cool to see two alter-egos of Modenine replace the actors??

Or a back cover with a more modern version of this

Overall, I think it's going to be a great album, this will redefine Modenine as y'all know him
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by HJ1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2010
Genuflect:

H.J, just click on the user's ID and click on 'Show the last posts of this person'

thanks bro
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by abdurrazaq(m): 6:28pm On Feb 25, 2010
Wish he could change somethings like the font and character of the album title. I still love his E PLURIBUS UNUM cover the most. May be it's because I have'nt seen the cover for Malcolm IX tongue
This is kind of cover you see on covers of artiste like IGHO lipsrsealed
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by bouzymill(m): 7:36pm On Feb 25, 2010
Who is removing my posts??
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by semid4lyfe(m): 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2010
eldee:

I was kinda dissapointed too.
Da vVinci Mode was a conceptual 'opening of the floodgates' . . . Modenine didn't translate his creative standpoint to the designer.

I was looking for sumn more Da Vinci, a painting pf Modenine at the very least.

Just look at what the movie directors did with this.

Won't it have been cool to see two alter-egos of Modenine replace the actors??

Or a back cover with a more modern version of this

Overall, I think it's going to be a great album, this will redefine Modenine as y'all know him
Thanks jare. . . . .you couldn't have said it better.
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by bjmighty(m): 3:46am On Feb 26, 2010
HEY! HEY! hey!!!!!
@@@@@ ALL. . . . . . . . Abeg make una forget about this album "Nylon" wahala and lets talk about the content of the "Nylon" jare. As for me, i have no problem with whatever album "nylon" because i know Mode9 is one artiste that knows what he is doing and always have reason for everything he does. He is full of intelligence so as long as the content of the "nylon" remains ill, then i think abushe is bushe for me. Abeg, lets suspend album cover wahala and tell something else about DaVinci Mode!!
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by Rhymstein(m): 9:44am On Feb 26, 2010
Hope mode would see this.

Eldee's opinion is on point.bt i lyk dat mode's pic,its catchy
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by semid4lyfe(m): 12:36pm On Feb 26, 2010
bjmighty:

HEY! HEY! hey!!!!!
@@@@@ ALL. . . . . . . . Abeg make una forget about this album "Nylon" wahala and lets talk about the content of the "Nylon" jare. As for me, i have no problem with whatever album "nylon" because i know Mode9 is one artiste that knows what he is doing and always have reason for everything he does. He is full of intelligence so as long as the content of the "nylon" remains ill, then i think abushe is bushe for me. Abeg, lets suspend album cover wahala and tell something else about DaVinci Mode!!
True but that na becos all of us be fans. . . .but even u no go fit deny sey a captivating & unique album cover fit helep am move units (at least to the Neutrals). . . . .For example, I bought Rhymzo's first album 'Get the Mediocres Off the Stage' becos of the album cover not becos of any particular song he did. Na that kain thing I dey talk.
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by slimshay(m): 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2010
Meanwhile eldee God bless you for your observation. When i saw d cover i thot looked nice but wasnt in any way conceptual as his other covers. Looked blingy to me. I was expecting at the least a play with the Vitruvian man or something about the Reinessance man, a throwback-all doing image kinda thing. Big ups to the guy who did it over. I hope M9 takes a cue and makes it over too.

At bjmighty, omo forget matter oh, album cover na major matter. Appearance in everyway matters.
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by rapjunkie(m): 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2010
death blow part 2?. . . . . hmmmmmmm. . . . . .i hope mode doesn't start apologising for it. . . . that was pure hip hop history right there. . . . .

and since we are talking so much about mode9 album covers. . . . . what's the thought process behind the present cover? . . . . I cant see anything special about it. . . . . . . what's the concept?
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 26, 2010
11 days to show time.
Heart's pumping rite now.
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 11:50am On Feb 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

DBR, I'm on phone so maybe that's why I don't see it. . . . .From my end what I see is a pic of Modenine wearing a spots jacket with a T-shirt underneath and face cap turned backwards. . . .he's holding his head which is slightly bent and staring downwards. . . .underneath, The DaVinci Code is written in a flame of fire, abi nah?. . . .The only thing that sorta relates to the origin of the album name is the character/calligraphy in which the 'davinci' was written IMO. . . .How does the pic relate pls? Waiting for you to break it down. . . . . . . ?

Btw. . . .by generic, I mean the typical 9ja rap/hip-hop artistes album cover of pics of their faces or themselves wearing baffs & blings, trying to look fine, tough or baaad, lol.

@semid4lyfe
seriously i get watya sayin and its very valid.
and eldee, u r sooooo on point too.
im just sayin that if u wanna see a tie btw the cover as simple as it is,
and the essence of the origin of the name u will.
i will still send how i connected the 2 to u,hopefully tday.
Most pple may say its forced or contrive, but hey this is me.

oNe
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by DBR: 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2010
@
Semid4lyfe

Now lemme 1st state that im not sayin the designer of this NYLON grin as some1 calls it, had all these in mind.
ma point is that as a critique[b] i[/b] can see connections even tho they werent intended, ok

Basically when u think of the title DA VINCI MODE, your mind races back to the movie Da Vinci Code
the adaptation of same title novel by Dan Brown.
Also when u think of the Title of the movie u cannot but think of Leonardo Da Vinci, right?
Ok so lets have that in mind. What is the popular phrase in the movie? -
"So Dark the Scorn of men"

Now lets go to our Design:
The background is Black(Dark), and the clothing takes same dark grey hue.
Black speak of Mystery, the theme of the Movie.

The font for the mODENINE is Gothic- which references a style of architecture prevalent in w/europe in 12th ans 16th century, characterized by pointed arches, vault,large windows and elaborate tracey.(Element that played relevant role in the movie)

It (Gothic) is also a type of writing -broad vertical strokes. So Gothic is
- a language style
-an architecture style
-and a Typeface style.

This Gothic Medieval era was the early christian art era which was referenced in DVCode!
U can say it's kinda medieval, cos its DOESN"Tor DIDN"T follow the Classical style.
Relevance?
We all kno, ,Mode is not doin the "classical" kinda Hip hop he's always done with this album.
This is very evident in the choice of beat rendition. And even when he does the classical he's still
not lumped with the rest of the artiste. He's almost always anti cliche.

Take a close look at the facial expression, as if he peeps at the peple, his true intention obscured by the face cap turned backwards.
A semblance to the Leonardo da vinci painting of Mona lisa! Known for concealin certain emotions.So many tales follow the painting

Did u see the Bold letter G on the Jacket?
The relevance? Well, G is a very important feature of Freemanson(the secret society mentioned in the book and movie)it seats right in the middle of their compass. It stands for God or/and Geometry.

Now look again, the next letter u see after the G is what~~d number 9
Now we all kno MODE9 is referred to as the godMc,

Now the red line that runs under the Name, what's the relevance.
Remember the Da Vinci code story set out to trace the Blood LINE of jesus
to determine the[b] Messianic[/b] Lineage- i refer u to track 5-Black rap MESSIAH

Blood represents Truth and Enlightenment in the DVC story.
M9 we agree is one enlightened individual with a pedagogy outlook,
as u rightly pointed out from his PS album cover~~as he boasts
"i appeal to the learned community" or "i make the purist say wow that's a good one"
If i had time i cld go more, but hey here is some of wat i got wit ma critique's cap on.

Y'all can say it's forced or contrive, but hey this is me workin a miracle. Me openin both eyes n mind!!
Makin u see wat seem impossible and absent,as possible and present.  grin grin grin

Ok, y'all can start takin shot at me
But will any1 say i didnt make an iota of sense?
I think not.
oNe
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by rapjunkie(m): 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2010
DBR:

@
Semid4lyfe

Now lemme 1st state that im not sayin the designer of this NYLON grin as some1 calls it, had all these in mind.
ma point is that as a critique[b] i[/b] can see connections even tho they werent intended, ok

Basically when u think of the title DA VINCI MODE, your mind races back to the movie Da Vinci Code
Also when u think of the Title of the movie u cannot but think of Leonardo Da Vinci, right?

The font for the mODENINE is Gothic- which references a style of architecture prevalent in w/europe in 12th ans 16th century, characterized by pointed arches, vault,large windows and elaborate tracey.(Element that played relevant role in the movie)

- a language style
-an architecture style
-and a Typeface style.

This Gothic Medieval era was the early christian art era which was referenced in DVCode!
U can say it's kinda medieval, cos its DOESN"Tor DIDN"T follow the Classical style.
Relevance?
We all kno, ,Mode is not doin the "classical" kinda Hip hop he's always done with this album.
This is very evident in the choice of beat rendition. And even when he does the classical he's still

Take a close look at the facial expression, as if he peeps at the peple, his true intention obscured by the face cap turned backwards.
A semblance to the Leonardo da vinci painting of Mona lisa! Known for concealin certain emotions.So many tales follow the painting

The relevance? Well, G is a very important feature of Freemanson(the secret society mentioned in the book and movie)it seats right in the middle of their compass. It stands for God or/and Geometry.

to determine the[b] Messianic[/b] Lineage- i refer u to track 5-Black rap MESSIAH

"i appeal to the learned community" or "i make the purist say wow that's a good one"
If i had time i cld go more, but hey here is some of wat i got wit ma critique's cap on.

Y'all can say it's forced or contrive, but hey this is me workin a miracle. Me openin both eyes n mind!!
Makin u see wat seem impossible and absent,as possible and present.  grin grin grin

I think not.
oNe

damn!!. . . .this is some deep sh*t. . . . . . .

@DBR

do u really think Mode had all this mind when he used this design?. . . . cool

anyways, do u know if the album will be on itunes?. . . . . cos i need to get a copy as soon as it comes out
Re: The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" by semid4lyfe(m): 7:45pm On Feb 27, 2010
DBR:

@
Semid4lyfe

- a language style
-an architecture style
-and a Typeface style.

Relevance?

I think not.
oNe
Wow! You mean you were able to decipher all these from that album cover? You for don crack your head wella to come up with this, lol. . . .I'm sure even Modenine couldn't have broken it down the way you did. . . .In short your critique is nothing short of BRILLIANT although I feel it was a bit forced and contrived. . . .You wanted to see connections and you did, lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wizkid Ft. Femi Kuti- Jaiye Jaiye / Download Music: Diamond Jimma X Stone D – Aje (cover) / Davido – "Flora My Flawa" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.