Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage (21421 Views)

Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? / 7 Ways To Know If The Man You're Dating Will Eventually Marry You. / Tips To Make The Man You're Dating Commit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by aloyemeka2: 3:32am On Feb 17, 2010
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by aloyemeka2: 3:36am On Feb 17, 2010

FL gators, Please Marry Me tongue tongue
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by OgidiBoy(m): 3:39am On Feb 17, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Marry Me

Hey that was the african dude that ran over some teenagers in kearns Utah grin grin grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 3:46am On Feb 17, 2010
Is he smoking Igbo in prison
see his eyes shocked shocked shocked
please who posted that picture
don't give me nightmares
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by chika98: 3:57am On Feb 17, 2010
I have used " My parents won't accept you line"
Blimey! What idiot would lend a man money to divorce his wife?? The one that cracks me up is when people love chasing the wind. You have a good man/woman by your side yet you want to go and get with some other flashy chic/dude out there. Then when you realize that you were chasing the wind; you come back to cry about it!! He heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee LWKMD grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by lordkrato(m): 4:01am On Feb 17, 2010
It's simple.The man want's to enjoy.
Most Guys Can't bear the fact of making dough young and getting tied down when the babes are on the sara levels.

If a Guy wants 2 Marry You then He would do so on His own Terms.period.Anything else is a muttallab(BomB cheesy cheesy cheesy) wink wink
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by fifi09(f): 4:42am On Feb 17, 2010
lord krato:

It's simple.The man want's to enjoy.
Most Guys Can't bear the fact of making dough young and getting tied down when the babes are on the sara levels.

If a Guy wants 2 Marry You then He would do so on [b]His own Terms.period.[/b]Anything else is a muttallab(BomB cheesy cheesy cheesy) wink wink

So true, and Some women just don't get it. One of the most common mistakes is talking to a man about becoming more involved and committed in your relationship as though it’s the right or logical thing to do.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by vivaladiva(f): 5:19am On Feb 17, 2010
not every woman must marry ojare, dats why i love oyibo, if na till death do us part u wan see----u go see am
if na we go marrry, no born pikin u go see am
if na i go die alone no pikin, u go see am
if na pikin no want husband,u go see am
y r nigerian women so obsessed wiv marriage, getting married is nt the end of the world ooooo
okay u meet the man of ur dreams wey wan marry u after 1 year, una marry finish,bt on ur honey moon, him camp one gal for the same hotel where una dey stay
after two years my guy don giv anoda chick belle
so wat if u no marry
u cee, one thing about guys wey gals no know, if u do like say u no send marriage, na dat time dem go wan marry u, i mean just be ur self---d good bad n d ugly
u wey dey do over sabi, u dey form good gal cos u wan marry, na u them go dump after 6 years
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by netotse(m): 5:53pm On Feb 17, 2010
aloy-emeka:

i love this. . .
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Pataki: 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2010
Some of the points stated here are very true. Others are based on both parties involved.

I remember I once introduced an ex of mine to my parents, stating it openly that she was the one I intended to settle down with. My mum accepted her, even though my mother never knew she was good friends with my ex gf's mum.

Anyways, not long after that, she ended the relationship based on some childish reasons. These days, no showing you to momma, until we are both on the same page for surety!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Sauron1: 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2010
Pataki:

Some of the points stated here are very true. Others are based on both parties involved.

I remember I once introduced an ex of mine to my parents, stating it openly that she was the one I intended to settle down with. My mum accepted her, even though my mother never knew she was good friends with my ex gf's mum.

Anyways, not long after that, she ended the relationship based on some childish reasons. These days, no showing you to momma, until we are both on the same page for surety!

Pataki, Intel says that was the 57th babe you have introduced to your parents in the last 4 years.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2010
Pataki:

Bad error. You dont introduce a woman to your mom until you are sure you both are on the same page when it comes to the future.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Sauron1: 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

Bad error. You dont introduce a woman to your mom until you are sure you both are on the same page when it comes to the future.

Come o. . . . .
Whatz the harm in introducing any babe to one's mum?
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Pataki: 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2010
@ Sauron,

Your intel is very very sharp! LOL! My mum was in Nigeria some weeks back, and this babe kept on insisting she had to meet her. Told her no way, as she was in Nigeria for something else.

Am not ready to give my mum any heartaches about my women palava. Even though she is insisting on knowing if Pataki is getting married this year. Of which I told her most def. So any girl meeting me mum is hitting the altar straight off!

How many babes has your mum met so far? LOL! Sauron the London terror!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Pataki: 8:26pm On Feb 17, 2010
@ davidylan,

You are so so wrong. Nothing is wrong in introducing ur woman to your mum. Even if you guys are on the same page, it is still not a surety that you are hitting the marriage altar because you have shown her to your mother.

The times we live in, has changed beyond the simplicities of the 70s and 80s which our parents got married in with.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Sauron1: 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2010
Pataki:

@ Sauron,
Your intel is very very sharp! LOL! My mum was in Nigeria some weeks back, and this babe kept on insisting she had to meet her. Told her no way, as she was in Nigeria for something else.

Let her meet your mum. . . . .It shows signs of responsibility on your part. grin

Am not ready to give my mum any heartaches about my women palava. Even though she is insisting on knowing if Pataki is getting married this year. Of which I told her most def. So any girl meeting me mum is hitting the altar straight off!

Expand your horizon, spread your tentacles.
The more candidates your mum meets, the more likely you will get the best out of the lot.

How many babes has your mum met so far? LOL! Sauron the London terror!

London terror ke? Abeg o!!!
Sauron is now born again.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

Come o. . . . .
Whatz the harm in introducing any babe to one's mum?

It saves me the constant "so when are you marrying her" question.

Pataki:

@ davidylan,

You are so so wrong. Nothing is wrong in introducing your woman to your mum. Even if you guys are on the same page, it is still not a surety that you are hitting the marriage altar because you have shown her to your mother.

The times we live in, has changed beyond the simplicities of the 70s and 80s which our parents got married in with.

Unless i have reached a point where i consider the woman to be a future wife and i know she is on the same page as me on that then its hard for me to introduce her to my mom. Of course introducing her to your mom does not automatically translate to marriage but it demonstrates serious intent.

I agree with you that times have indeed changed, women of nowadays are a different specie entirely.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Pataki: 8:38pm On Feb 17, 2010
Sauron is born again? Definitely, you don dey eye one babe for church be that! Bad boy!!

Don't you know the more women my mum meets, the more likely she is to get confused, even if I take on board the spiritual and praying side of her. Women naturally are more easily confused than we men.

I rather take my time and separate the wheat from the chaff single handedly. Afterall, the good books says: he who finds a wife. . . .not they who find. This is one journey Pataki must do on his own! LOL.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Sauron1: 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2010
Pataki:

Sauron is born again? Definitely, you don dey eye one babe for church be that! Bad boy!!

Pastor's daughter. grin

Don't you know the more women my mum meets, the more likely she is to get confused, even if I take on board the spiritual and praying side of her. Women naturally are more easily confused than we men.

As much as women are more easily confused than we men, they also see the little details we often miss.

I rather take my time and separate the wheat from the chaff single handedly. Afterall, the good books says: he who finds a wife. . . .not they who find. This is one journey Pataki must do on his own! LOL.

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a huge project!!!
Make me your project manager now. cheesy
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by amebono1: 1:28am On Feb 18, 2010
Osisi i agree with everything but, the meeting his mother aspect, alot of men have gone as far as proposing to a gurl, meeting her family just to get inbtw her legs, there is this guy in europe who's introduced if not a million girls to his mum,and the mum knows that this dude is just out there to sleep with women, introducing to mum is not a guarantee to marriage, introducing to the whole family member is not a guarantee to marriage, i was introduced to someones family members and even had his mum begging me to come to the east to spend some time with her, at the end of the day i married someone else

I've seen couples separate after trad wedding, men of these days can even go along with the wedding plans until hes gotten what he wants

I agree with chika on the part of a guy being excited when he meets the right woman and wants to marry her ASAP, i did not date my husband for up to 3 months before he proposed

In all if a girl isnt ready to be deceived the best thing is keep your legs closed, even if the guy leaves you tomorrow, sucide will be far from your mind
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 3:32am On Feb 18, 2010
!amebo no1:

Osisi i agree with everything but, the meeting his mother aspect, alot of men have gone as far as proposing to a gurl, meeting her family just to get inbtw her legs, there is this guy in europe who's introduced if not a million girls to his mum,and the mum knows that this dude is just out there to sleep with women, introducing to mum is not a guarantee to marriage, introducing to the whole family member is not a guarantee to marriage, i was introduced to someones family members and even had his mum begging me to come to the east to spend some time with her, at the end of the day i married someone else

I've seen couples separate after trad wedding, men of these days can even go along with the wedding plans until hes gotten what he wants

I agree with chika on the part of a guy being excited when he meets the right woman and wants to marry her ASAP, i did not date my husband for up to 3 months before he proposed
In all if a girl isnt ready to be deceived the best thing is keep your legs closed, even if the guy leaves you tomorrow, sucide will be far from your mind

My gf's and I say this all the time
That is my story too.
The day I met my guy and we spent a whole day together, I knew he wanted to marry me ,he proposed in about 4 months and the traditional igbankwu followed immediately.
That is what serious men do
not people like[b] Sauron and pataki [/b] that'll be dating a girl for donkey years without her even knowing their middle or last names grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 18, 2010
Is taht so? tongue
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by oyinda3(f): 4:19am On Feb 18, 2010
"start shopping around for a more serious person"

best advice ever!!! guys do it all the time. i don't know why more girls don't do it lol
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 4:22am On Feb 18, 2010
@ OP

may God deliver nigerian men from all these women ooo!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by netotse(m): 7:52am On Feb 18, 2010
na2day?:

@ OP

may God deliver nigerian men from all these women ooo!

amen. . .what rubbish and nonsense, i'm even getting tired of them sef, can u imagine the girl i'm chasing said she loves me as she would her family. . .yeye girl!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 9:00am On Feb 18, 2010
netotse:

amen. . .what rubbish and nonsense, i'm even getting tired of them sef, can u imagine the girl i'm chasing said she loves me as she would her family. . .yeye girl!

death! grin grin grin grin she don finish u bi that. no gree 4 am oo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by nkirubb: 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
ohsisi, God bless you. You have said it all.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by amebono1: 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2010
0hsisi:

My gf's and I say this all the time
That is my story too.
The day I met my guy and we spent a whole day together, I knew he wanted to marry me ,he proposed in about 4 months and the traditional igbankwu followed immediately.
That is what serious men do
not people like[b] Sauron and pataki [/b] that'll be dating a girl for donkey years without her even knowing their middle or last names grin

Yea, cos i remember when he proposed, i was like " excuse me, i just met you, i dont even know you" and then he said " i wanna date and know you whilst we are married" my dear i did not even have the time to plan a wedding, cos the guy was so obsessed so tey him no give me time, i remember i had to leave sometime in my second semester to travel back to naija cheesy , infact na after second semester, i go for honeymoon

When a man meets the woman he wants osisi i tell you the only words that keeps ringing or beating a drum in his ears are " go for her, else someone else will take away from you"

When i read stories here of gurls dat have dated their men for 5 yrs not to even talk of 10 sef, i ask myself, " did someone blindfold this gurl or sthg" deep inside their heart, they know that time is running and they've decided to console themselves wit words like " i wanna finish school, before i marry" when they finish school they change their words to " i wanna enjoy life to the fullest and do things before i get married"

I personally cannot even date a guy for 2 yrs back then, seriously undecided

And i always say this, been married will not stop you from going to school,as long as you marry that person that is truly yours, he or she will amke the road smooth for you, i finished school in my husbands house, and i will never regret getting married in my early teens
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
!amebo no1:

Yea, cos i remember when he proposed, i was like " excuse me, i just met you, i dont even know you" and then he said " i wanna date and know you whilst we are married" my dear i did not even have the time to plan a wedding, cos the guy was so obsessed so tey him no give me time, i remember i had to leave sometime in my second semester to travel back to naija cheesy , infact na after second semester, i go for honeymoon

When a man meets the woman he wants osisi i tell you the only words that keeps ringing or beating a drum in his ears are " go for her, else someone else will take away from you"

When i read stories here of gurls dat have dated their men for 5 yrs not to even talk of 10 sef, i ask myself, " did someone blindfold this gurl or sthg" deep inside their heart, they know that time is running and they've decided to console themselves wit words like " i wanna finish school, before i marry" when they finish school they change their words to " i wanna enjoy life to the fullest and do things before i get married"

And i always say this, been married will not stop you from going to school,as long as you marry that person that is truly yours, he or she will amke the road smooth for you, i finished school in my husbands house, and i will never regret getting married in my early teens

Me wey dey think say na wood u take dey waka sef. tongue
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by tachi(f): 4:35pm On Feb 18, 2010
lmao!

Interesting.

Some replies here have surprised me tho.e.g davidylan's.

Always struck me like a straightforward,right-btw-the-eyes kinda person.

anyways, wat do i know o
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by luvbooks(f): 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
!amebo no1:

May I ask how old you were? When you got married, I mean. And what did your relatives say>?
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2010
!amebo no1:

And i always say this, been married will not stop you from going to school,as long as you marry that person that is truly yours, he or she will amke the road smooth for you, i finished school in my husbands house, and[b] i will never regret getting married in my early teens[/b]

I'm sure you meant to say early 20's not teens. grin
I hear you.
marry early, pop out the babies before you turn 30 and look hot in your late 30's and 40's .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Would you date an atheist? / Another Nigeria Married Women Caught Cheating Again (pictures Incuded) / A Valentine's day Message Most Nigerian Girls Won't Appreciate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.