Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person (66226 Views)

Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. / Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man / How Do You Handle An Irresponsible Girl Like This One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by oyienootieno: 7:22am On Aug 25, 2017
lincs25:
If they don't know the lies to deliver to their members, they will start vomiting nonsense. Where is it stated in the bible. Robbish...

Who says they still preach from the bible?
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 25, 2017
smileyoo:
he is just a man, and he is entitled to his own opinion, but the only danger is that gullible people out there may believe that a god is speaking through him. this is wrong because anybody that is irresponsible, is simple so based on his nature. infact most crimes commited in this nation are carried out by irresponsible married men due to despiration to satisfy the home front, even in a depressed economy like ours.
U have said it all....

We are finished in this country.
It seems the POLITICIANS are now better than the PASTORS
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by uglodoh(f): 7:26am On Aug 25, 2017
shilexholly:

So dangote never Marry before..... Mumu

Calling her mumu is not a way of correction. You should have corrected her by stating Your Own fact/facts and I could have learnt.

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by uglodoh(f): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2017
EVILFOREST:
U have said it all....
We are finished in this country. It seems the POLITICIANS are now better than the PASTORS
I can trust a politician than a pastor.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 25, 2017
Oyindidi:
Lol, irresponsible men plenty here be that
watch it woman, i m not yet 35.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 25, 2017
uglodoh:

I can trust a politician than a pastor.
I stopped paying TITHES to TOWNSHIP PASTORS 10 years ago ,because they have become so RICH and Powerful that they even control Governors and Presidents.

I now favour VILLAGE pastors because they are deprived and dejected.
They only get favoured during FESTIVE seasons.
Visit Villages and see how they suffer.

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by kaymart: 7:32am On Aug 25, 2017
alberson:

you're a first class fool, an educated mugu and a first class idiot...

he isn't a fool......he has a point ...... Don't attack the person, rather you attack the mesage....
During argument, use your head and not your heat...

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by mofewilkie(m): 7:33am On Aug 25, 2017
Amajerry83:
Getting married is a decision. He who decides to remain single has his/her right to.
There are great men and women today who are singles. Example; Aliko Dangote.

Lmao, but Dangote has been married before grin
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by Oyindidi(f): 7:39am On Aug 25, 2017
GameKartel:
watch it woman, i m not yet 35.
Get off my back Gamey! Don't be irresponsiblegrin
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by iaatmguy(m): 7:41am On Aug 25, 2017
Amajerry83:
Getting married is a decision. He who decides to remain single has his/her right to.
There are great men and women today who are singles. Example; Aliko Dangote.
I wonder o. Even biblically marriage is not compulsory for everyone
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by Safiaa(f): 7:42am On Aug 25, 2017
Some pastors use their power irresponsibly. Nonsense.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by tosyne2much(m): 7:47am On Aug 25, 2017
Some of them can be irresponsible, but not all

I have some of them within that age range in my area and the rate at which they follow anything on skirt calls for urgent attention undecided
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by lagosrd: 7:49am On Aug 25, 2017
Exactly why you don't follow everything most of these guys say. Sorry for the fanatic followers.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by Halo22: 7:50am On Aug 25, 2017
Let me correct an impression here. Before you crucify the man, don't forget marriage is a paramount prayer request in the church nowadays, especially among ladies. More so, let's understand what he meant by being irresponsible. Someone can be a rogue and still becomes responsible in marriage, just like somebody mentioned Evans in his post. My point, though marrying early doesn't guarantee how responsible the marriage would be, but, there are more disadvantages in marrying at age later than 35 both for men and ladies.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by spenca: 7:53am On Aug 25, 2017
coming from a "pastor" this is an utmostly irresponsible utterance
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by 2kurupt(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2017
The responses from a majority of comments here go to show that most Nigerians are indeed a bunch of angry folks.

Wisdom demands that you get your facts right & not swallow everything hook, line & sinker.

So sad a comment from an anonymous fellow without any verifiable source can get so much frenzied set of comments.

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by afolayangs(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2017
please note that the Pastor is referring to his followers and not you or me grin

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by Akoma127(m): 7:58am On Aug 25, 2017
His opinion not God,cause Isaac & Jacob were over 35 b4 marriage does that make them irresponsible?
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by elmagnifico411(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2017
Sincerely, something dey worry the man.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by babaztee: 8:18am On Aug 25, 2017
Ha ha ha ha. Haba! Haba!! Haba!!!. There are issues of life that confront people that is beyond people's control, not that the people sin or they are ungodly, but God knows why it is so. By the way 1Corinthians 7 has this to say on Marriage:

6 I say this as a concession, not as a command.
7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do.
9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.
11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.
13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.
14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. 16 How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by An2elect2(f): 8:20am On Aug 25, 2017
I guess apostle Paul was an irresponsible man. grin
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by hoopLA: 8:20am On Aug 25, 2017
babaztee:
Ha ha ha ha. Haba! Haba!! Haba!!!. There are issues of life that confront people that is beyond people's control, not that the people sin or they are ungodly, but God knows why it is so. By the way 1Corinthians 7 has this to say on Marriage:

6 I say this as a concession, not as a command.
7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do.
9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.
11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.
13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.
14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. 16 How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?
That's the problem with all these self-called preachers who do not study the Bible.

They come with all sorts of verbiage, but they can't even be bothered to do basic fact checking before they spill their guts full of nonsense teachings.

After, this charlatan will tell us he is spirit filled.
But he appears to be as vacuous as a black hole.

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by chris31(m): 8:22am On Aug 25, 2017
Marriage is sweet wen u have a happy home buy d reason why some men dont marry on time is coz of money so women if u have d money & sees a serious guy ready dat is ready to marry u why not support him
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by Coldfeets: 8:22am On Aug 25, 2017
riseabovehate:

Meaning Paul the Apostle was irresponsible.
Next slide please

Are you apostle Paul?

Did apostle Paul use android phone?

So why do you want to be held on the same level or judged by the same standards with apostle Paul?

My fren' you Betta go an' marry.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by An2elect2(f): 8:24am On Aug 25, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Coming from a man of God.. Am disappointed
That's an irresponsible charlatan. God has no business with misfits
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by newslifeop: 8:29am On Aug 25, 2017
Na by force
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by vislabraye(m): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2017
benzene00:
what has getting married has to do with being responsible?

some pastors and misplaced priority

I dey tell you. He has pastored me b4 but some of his teachings are opinionated.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 25, 2017
Mmmmtchee,, mk he find us job first

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by vislabraye(m): 8:51am On Aug 25, 2017
abbey621:
Let's face it, the man has a point! If we are to believe that the average life expectancy of Nigerians is around 50 then it is only wise to get married early on in life but the pastor failed to acknowledge one important factor, IMMATURITY! In advanced countries, by 18 children are independent, they can get a decent paying job and even live on their own but in 9ja even at 26 they are still free loading from parents, aunts and uncles. By 30 most men are still trying to put together savings because of the high demands by the women and the over bearing society.

Getting married early should be encouraged but that should not be a measure for maturity or spirituality. Marriage is a personal thing.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by Sectis(m): 8:51am On Aug 25, 2017
Unemployment make lots of guys remain single, I am one of them. Unemployment/ financial stability causing delay.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by holluphemydavid(m): 8:52am On Aug 25, 2017
jesus,me wey don reach 33 already,means i nid to hasten up b4 i clock 35 oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person by Sectis(m): 8:53am On Aug 25, 2017
Financial instability

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Younger Brother Is Dating A Married Woman. / I Was "Disvirgined" By My Aunt's Husband-lady Reveals On Facebook / Our Pastor Sided Him For "Punishing Me After Marriage"