Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Friendship With The Opposite Sex. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Friendship With The Opposite Sex. (43531 Views)

What's That Red Flag You Are Secretly Attracted To In The Opposite Gender / I Just Ended The Friendship With My Best Friend. I Feel Frustrated / Things You Did To Show Off To The Opposite Sex You Later Regretted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
[quote author=Lalas247 post=60012006]I have an equal balance of male and female friends
Yes ladies can be a bit oTT but it's due to ENVY grin cause why hate on another it's pointless we all got Vjayjay down there but most would rather be petty those type of females u stay clear from .. friendship will always end up toxic , back stabbing n the rest

I think it's ok to have male friends or more male friends .... NL is not how the whole male race thinks
Maybe if you meet a guy on this platform yes high possibility they will Fuvk up .. high possibility they will act up (most have issues) don't blame them ...
but outside this forum and other social media .. it's easy to have long lasting male friends without having issues ... all this friend zone only a biggie on social media especially Nigerians .. no one makes a fuss about it in fact only heard of it here ..

More Love sis!sorry I hurt u once sad

1 Like

Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by makydebbie(f): 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2017
Blackhawk01:

You wan derail this thread abi? Makydebbie, you had better kick him out. angry angry

So, I'll be calling Lala for the first time. Lalasticlala, bia nwanna. grin
Lalasticlala. cry cry
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by makydebbie(f): 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
sunshineG:
well similar
I know, but I've a point there. smiley
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by makydebbie(f): 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:
Firstly, I'm not of the school of thought that classify someone somewhere as "bestie" if you've seen the what I've seen you'd understand why.

Secondly, Men don't gossip abeg, restructure the kind of guys you roll with abeg

Finally...as Socrates said "an unexamined life is not worth living" implying everyone should set principles and standard for themselves.....boundaries should be defined..if you're rolling as friends let it be known and stated, if you're harboring sexual motives also state it.......

Makky mi love.....How you?

Doing well, you?
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Lalas247(f): 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2017
[quote author=sexybbstar post=60013446][/quote]
Lol u think say na hurt be that .. stop it jare cheesy

Hurt is when u theif person boyfriend grin
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by makydebbie(f): 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Sigh!!!!! so in a nutshell,, what you are saying is that, females should not take males as the best friends....Well I think you centered your views based on the things you hear, male friends you had and movies you watch....Going into friendship with a male pervert as a female, its a time bomb.....IT all boils down to the type of guy a female take as her bestie....what are his principles, his discipline,e.tc. Before you take that guy as your bestie,,,,think about his personality,,,IS he the perverted type, the type that flex around in night clubs, or he is thy type that is strongly disciplined, cool headed, the type that sticks to one girl, the mature type...like i said...Look before you leap..
But i gave some benefit of doubt when I said 10% na. But what are you saying? Guys do pretend. He can act like a pastor sef. And he can be real and would let you know.
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
makydebbie:
I know, but I've a point there. smiley
maybe grin
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
Lalas247:

Who dey thief boyfriend?

Someone shud come and thief me abeg grin
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Lalas247(f): 9:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
Caringguy:
Who dey thief boyfriend?

Someone shud come and thief me abeg grin
If fact na mistake I make
Na if dem thief Money ... wahlahi angry

Ahhh u never see girls wey go take ur man grin hmmm
U never see anything .. no hubby is safe these days with side chics up n down
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Saintsammurai(m): 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
makydebbie:
But i gave some benefit of doubt when I said 10% na. But what are you saying? Guys do pretend. He can act like a pastor sef. And he can be real and would let you know.
Yeah,,ITS true that guys pretend a lot... But like i said, as a lady, before you take a guy as someone you can confide your personal issues with...He must first be "just a friend" before then he turns to a male bestie..Taking him as a male bestie, means you must have known his level of maturity beyond pretence, just like a brother and a sister...The mistake that most ladies make, is that they dont understand the word. "just a friend" and "bestie" so they confide in "just a friend" that dont have their best interest in their hearts..

1 Like

Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
I've got 4 lady closest friends and i've been friends with two right from sec sch

no sex, no flirting (except with one of them but its all old news now) etc

dont know about you and others who've gat ur view on this but i believe having the oppsite sex as a friend beats that of same sex..............and i prefer and will always make friends with dem ladies more wink

like i said i've got 4 female closest friend and just one male friend who's the closest to me (i no get best friends except Jesus) and frankly i'm loving it this way

(hope you know that doesnt mean i dont have other male friends sha grin)
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2017
Lol, i don't have gfs cos mi o raye oshi. grin grin
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Next2Bezee(m): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
Saintsammurai:
True,,how can a lady take a guy she is not that close with as a friend.. note: the guy here, is that guy that she can confide in...the guy ought to have been "just a friend" before turning to her male bestie.. a male bestie that she now knows his principles.. A guy that has already had his priority straight.

You actually don't have to be close with someone before you become friends. Many people meet for the first time & then later become friends.

It is not bad for a lady to confide in a guy or have a male best friend. But that is only if the lady is only invested in the friendship and has no relationship to protect.

No man will like it if his girlfriend has many male friends that take her out, call her and spend as much time with her as he does. The same thing with girls, no girl will like her boyfriend to frolic with other girls...they will say the girls want to snatch their boyfriend away from them lol.
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
Lalas247:

If fact na mistake I make
Na if dem thief Money ... wahlahi angry

Ahhh u never see girls wey go take ur man grin hmmm
U never see anything .. no hubby is safe these days with side chics up n down
Lol grin

Are you an IGBO girl?
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Rukkydelta(f): 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
Lol
I only have one male friend that I'm close to physically the rest of them are just casual friends cos most times guys that get close to ladies just want something else
And I also have 3 female close friends
I don't do besties
And for the Ladies complaining about their fellow females, nobody is perfect and sorry to say you attract your kind. Guys are just more tolerant of your attitudes, they can accommodate all your flaws but your gender can't
And most ladies act more behave to male friends than their female counterparts I guess this is the major reason most girls do have clash. We should all try to treat our gender the same way will treat the opposite gender

2 Likes

Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by makydebbie(f): 10:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Yeah,,ITS true that guys pretend a lot... But like i said, as a lady, before you take a guy as someone you can confide your personal issues with...He must first be "just a friend" before then he turns to a male bestie..Taking him as a male bestie, means you must have known his level of maturity beyond pretence, just like a brother and a sister...The mistake that most ladies make, is that they dont understand the word. "just a friend" and "bestie" so they confide in "just a friend" that dont have their best interest in their hearts..
But did you read the twist to my write up when the lady falls in love due to the love, care and attention the guy showers on her?
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by makydebbie(f): 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
Rukkydelta:
Lol
I only have one male friend that I'm close to physically the rest of them are just casual friends cos most times guys that get close to ladies just want something else
And I also have 3 female close friends
I don't do besties
And for the Ladies complaining about their fellow females, nobody is perfect and sorry to say you attract your kind. Guys are just more tolerant of your attitudes, they can accommodate all your flaws but your gender can't
And most ladies act more behave to male friends than their female counterparts I guess this is the major reason most girls do have clash. We should all try to treat our gender the same way will treat the opposite gender

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
Lalas247:

Choi!..I no fit do dat ne Oo smiley .I'm currently not active on whatsapp,i should have msgd u.
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by naijaboiy: 10:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
Lalas247:
I have an equal balance of male and female friends
Yes ladies can be a bit oTT but it's due to ENVY grin cause why hate on another it's pointless we all got Vjayjay down there but most would rather be petty those type of females u stay clear from .. friendship will always end up toxic , back stabbing n the rest

I think it's ok to have male friends or more male friends .... NL is not how the whole male race thinks
Maybe if you meet a guy on this platform yes high possibility they will Fuvk up .. high possibility they will act up (most have issues) don't blame them ...
but outside this forum and other social media .. it's easy to have long lasting male friends without having issues ... all this friend zone only a biggie on social media especially Nigerians .. no one makes a fuss about it in fact only heard of it here ..

personally a good balance of male and female friends
Take note: He will smile , laugh , comfort, play , have long convos , even tell you his secret ... Biko hold back because u can't trust a guy just like that ... not saying u can't be friends but be very sure and guarded a Real male friend never disappoints and you will always know by their actions wink

Kimbraa kiss shinarlaura kiss sexybbstar kiss

Mynd44 are we friends grin
I love the way you described every guy on Nairaland as never do wells and wussies simply because the few you've met here have been disappointing to you.

We have great guys on this platform too. Roll with the right ones.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by makydebbie(f): 10:28pm On Aug 31, 2017
Lalas247:

Take note: He will smile , laugh , comfort, play , have long convos , even tell you his secret ... Biko hold back because u can't trust a guy just like that ... not saying u can't be friends but be very sure and guarded a Real male friend never disappoints and you will always know by their actions wink

Kimraa kiss shinarlara kiss sexybbsar kiss

Mynd44 are we friends grin
LOL, sorry for the late quote. Wanna really get you.
Sometimes lol, it's not just envy. It's how they behave. We can't deny we all have our excesses. If I fight with you today because of an issue, will you just conclude it's envy? We all get our wahala.

Sorry you kinda contradicted yourself by saying we can have long lasting male friends but we shouldn't trust them. Explain biko. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by ucnwafor(m): 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2017
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla, epistle according 2 makydebbie smh
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by makydebbie(f): 10:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
ucnwafor:
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla, epistle according 2 makyebbie smh
undecided
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by naijaboiy: 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
I don't support male and female bestie shït cos in my opinion it's just not possible.

If a guy makes friends with a girl and he's sole purpose is just to smash and nothing more he has every right to play his game. If the girl agrees, they can go ahead but if she doesn't then a nigga should respect himself.

You have both made your choices and everyone should move on. A girl should not hold on to a guy whom she doesn't wanna smash and yet be flirting and leading him on.

It's plain wrong.

Any guy and girl who chose to be besties definitely have to be gaining something from each other and that's what they'll define in the relationship.

If there's nothing you're both gaining from each other, probably you're just waiting for the girl to give you a chance one day so you can enter the promise land. my brother you're on your own then. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
makydebbie:
Doing well, you?

I'm awesome mummy
about to bed..goodnight sunshine
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by makydebbie(f): 10:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

I'm awesome mummy

about to bed..goodnight sunshine
Mummy

Aiit, goodnight. smiley
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
makydebbie:
Mummy
Aiit, goodnight. smiley
abeg o don't take it the wrong way, suppose to be somewhat romantic
Au revoir'
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by makydebbie(f): 10:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

abeg o don't take it the wrong way, suppose to be somewhat romantic

Au revoir'
LOL, was thinking I've been mummyzoned na. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 31, 2017
Lalas247:

Kimb.raa kiss shinarl.aura kiss sexybb.star kiss

Myn.d44 are we friends grin
You just want these NL guys to come for your head. grin We love you too hun. kiss

1 Like

Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Lalas247(f): 12:02am On Sep 01, 2017
makydebbie:
LOL, sorry for the late quote. Wanna really get you.
Sometimes lol, it's not just envy. It's how they behave. We can't deny we all have our excesses. If I fight with you today because of an issue, will you just conclude it's envy? We all get our wahala.

Sorry you kinda contradicted yourself by saying we can have long lasting male friends but we shouldn't trust them. Explain biko. embarassed
lol no worries
My dear tired jare couldn't word it better can't be bothered to modify ...
what I meant was you can have male friends but be very careful ...till his actions shows he is a good person in and out ..
@ the envy part not all who fight but mostly due to hating if no reall issue caused I.e you stating something about taking their boyfriends now a true girl friend won't dream of such only if they want what you have ... Envy
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Lalas247(f): 12:04am On Sep 01, 2017
kimbraa:
You just want these NL guys to come for your head. grin We love you too hun. kiss

Lol only the ones with issues will take offence .. if they don't have issues why e go move them ..
We have sane guys here o ...u just have to know who is sane and who isn't .. grin na d crazy ones I dey refer to :
Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by Lalas247(f): 12:09am On Sep 01, 2017
naijaboiy:

I love the way you described every guy on Nairaland as never do wells and wussies simply because the few you've met here have been disappointing to you.

We have great guys on this platform too. Roll with the right ones.
Y u dey always press me
look look u know how I roll if u don't get it oh well leave me n my beautiful mind Biko tongue lol and the ones I met who disappointed just a handful .. compared to the thousands here but like u said you have to roll with right .. but how do u know who is right without knowing a few frogs ....

I know we have good guys here ... trust me I have a few on here though they hardly come online but we friends
Nice dp btw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friendship With The Opposite Sex. by SinglesandReady1: 6:47am On Sep 01, 2017
Friendship with the opposite sex... Hmmn, i've never sn a guy who wanted to be bestie wit a gal from d onset. As the saying goes "na condition make crayfish bend", guy man toast babe no gree, so friendship wit no strings becomes some sort of consolation. "Anything can stil happen" they'd say.
Define the friendship if they want but whatever makes the 2 of them alone in a dark quite room or some secluded places redefines whatever definition was ho place. They chop and clean mouth and come out continuing to hide under the pretense of friendship when deep down their minds, they know the real truth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? / "Marry Her Or Go To Jail For 50years" Which Are You Picking? Twitter Thread / Funny Ways Ladies Ask For Credit Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.