Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,591 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian (8912 Views)

Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting / Who Is A Lagosian? / Obama Lion King Cartoon Causes Cries Of ‘racism’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by redsun(m): 8:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
babapupa:

Stating what you want the state government to account for like I asked would have sufficed instead of recycling the same weak and irrelevant nonsense.

You don't have to call people names to make your point if you truly believe in your argument, your childish name calling only exposes your shortcomings and lack of any form of ability to engage civilly and function in public like an adult with manners and good home training.

I'm sure your mama didn't teach to be rude in public and call people names, @ least I hope.

Manners,you are a typical nigerian with manners,like a white sepulcher,glamorous outside but stinkingly rotten inside.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by babapupa: 10:23pm On Feb 24, 2010
redsun:

Manners,you are a typical nigerian with manners,like a white sepulcher,glamorous outside but stinkingly rotten inside.

What else is new?

Instead of throwing tantrums like an invalid, why not just stay out of grown people's talk?
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by redsun(m): 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2010
babapupa:

What else is new?

Instead of throwing tantrums like an invalid, why not just stay out of grown people's talk?

You should be happy it's just tantrum,don't you what most of you guys do deserve neck tie?Kpeme by hanging.

I am not still calling Fashola a thief though but at the same time his decision not to open up and prove the so-called castigators wrong is questionable.

Democrazy the say is the government of people,by the people and for the people.Like a trader will say,customers are never wrong.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by babapupa: 11:50pm On Feb 24, 2010
redsun:

You should be happy it's just tantrum,don't you what most of you guys do deserve neck tie?Kpeme by hanging.

I am not still calling Fashola a thief though but at the same time his decision not to open up and prove the so-called castigators wrong is questionable.

Democrazy the say is the government of people,by the people and for the people.Like a trader will say,customers are never wrong.

The thing is, people go on and on about democracy but have no clue per the true meaning of democracy, it's requirement and method of application, democracy means fairness and due process.

I didn't say Fashola should not be investigated. The fact is, just because we want and have democracy doesn't mean we shouldn't practice it the right way. Democracy is against throwing accusations and investigations at people without due process. You don't drag people through the mud, destroy their good name and investigate them because of hearsay and word of mouth. That is not democracy, that is what they do in banana republic.

Democracy calls for grand jury investigation where concerned parties shows up and forward all available and credible proof of wrong doing, you don't go to the people and assert to them that you heard their Governor did this and that and we're investigating and impeaching him.

Till this very second, we still don't know what exactly they have against the Governor, the incompetent legislators didn't ask the accusers to show proof of wrong doing before asking Lagosians to go along with the investigation and impeachment of their Governor.

Don't they owe the people of Lagos state who voted the Governor into office some kind of proof and explanation to justify their actions and possibility of taking their Governor away from them?

This is the kind of crude and backward ways of doing things that we're trying to get away from. I really don't think Lagosians love the prospect of instant investigation and impeachment without due process and fairness. All sane and democratic societies have process to protect everybody's rights including public officials. They are sure not above the law, but they are citizens just like you and me. I can not accuse you of something and take you to court without providing evidence to justify my legal gripe against you. Doing so opens me up for counter charges, libel and punitive fines, people get away with unprofessional behavior like these in Nigeria because we don't have standards, we don't play fair and we thumb our noses at rule of law.

About Fashola opening up. What do you really want him to open up? The legislature has all the power in the world to subpoena any document from the contractors and the executive. They obviously don't have anything incriminating against the Governor and ot explains the reason why we have not seen anything incriminating on TV and the national dailies.

The burden is on the investigator to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt, not on the accused, the accused can not do the work of the prosecutor. The man is a lawyer and he said he'll respond to their allegations in due time, meaning till they come up with credible evidence of whatever they have against him.

I personally applaud the Governor for not getting down and dirty with these professional clowns, the best thing for him to do is to go on about his business till they come up with something meaningful against him, not petty and silly nonsense like he overspend on this, he gave the contract to that?

We all want democracy, we just need to do it the right way, not the jungle way we've been doing it.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by tkb417(m): 12:52pm On Feb 25, 2010
enemies of progres have started again

dont you pay tax to FIRS? why not ask yaradua how he has appropriated or misappropriated it as the case may be

if you think Lagos has not done u good, move to other states where everything is perfect

im sure ur state of origin has light, water and good road. Pls be rational and pack ur bags and decongest Lagos abeg
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by cool22: 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2010
Abeg , the issue is not just lagos but the country as a whole.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by lannre(m): 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2010
but what is stopping the Governor from reacting to the allegations.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by igboboy1(m): 1:09pm On Feb 25, 2010
Shuoo pesin criticize fashola then it is tribal attack?

Is it a crime to criticize an individual again, ? I think obasanjo is a modaf0cker, speaker of the house bankole an ignoramus, ibori thief,  ojo maduekwe and maurice iwu bush men and of cos yar adua is  anunicivilzed monkey,

this is my personal views on these individuals and not whatever tribes they belong, so u guys grow up and stop taking every criticisim of fashola as an attack on yoruba
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Katsumoto: 1:16pm On Feb 25, 2010
igbo boy:

Shuoo pesin criticize fashola then it is tribal attack?

Is it a crime to criticize an individual again, ? I think obasanjo is a modaf0cker, speaker of the house bankole an ignoramus, ibori thief,  ojo maduekwe and maurice iwu bush men and of cos yar adua is  anunicivilzed monkey,

this is my personal views on these individuals and not whatever tribes they belong, so u guys grow up and stop taking every criticisim of fashola as an attack on yoruba

No one as assumed that the allegations being levelled against Fashola is an attack on Fashola. Afterall, the allegations are probably from Lagos indigenes themselves. We do not know the state of origin of the original poster; he may be Yoruba from Oyo or Ogun or Ondo. Asking him or anyone else to ask for accountability in their state of origin does not equate to percieved tribalism.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Ozioma49(m): 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2010
you yoruba guyz are just sick Bleep who needs to in a mental institutes. ndi ofe nmanu  grin
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by bodsibobo(m): 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2010
Redsun,

Before I say anything thing to you, I would like to know your state and your governor.

As for the OP,

I read your post over and over and I just keep laughing in Afrikaans.

All I'll say to you is "ol boy, no be by force o"

It's soo obvious Lagos no pay you, but why take it out on the Gov'nor?

Na hin say make you go live for Lekki?

Na hin cause your car to breakdown for road?

Na hin bring you come Lagos?

When you come Lagos, you see "Welcome to Lagos"?

Ha ha ha, I continue to laugh in Zulu!!
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by dlox01(m): 1:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
Truthfully instead of complaining, theres an alternative of leaving lagos dont u think @ least if cant afford to go to yankee or jand or somewhere else,u can manage Ghana, its 7000 with ABC!!!! jokes apart, id like to ask what u as a person has contributed to change,change yourself and others around you to draw in positivity? fashola as a person is a very good person(d guy dey try) his got vision, he needs time and cooperation from everybody,its a pity i cant say that about people in his cabinet that was forced on him,i can authoritativly tell you that more than 70% of his cabinet are not his people, lagos is working on less than 30% fashola right now and we can see some level of development,i wish he could garner more people under his influence then things would be better.
let me give you an example, theres a particular LG chairman that gives road contracts to only his family members, i went to him for contract of my road and he has been so arrogant, i knew i wasnt gonna get it but i just advised him to give any of his family members so at least my road would be done coz most people would think its the state govt(fashola) that is to blame whereas he(LG chairman) is a stunch TINUBU boy!!! angry
Just cut fashola some slack,no be everything be fashola fashola,
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by ib612(m): 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2010
All these accusations are not really about performance by the governor of Lagos, it's all politics and been played out on the axis of tinubu instructions.

Ask yourselves, why now that 2011 is around.

If you are asking of the governor to make Lagos a city like Paris, you should first ask yourselves if that is possible to do after how many years of neglect by past governors. Then come to think of it, most of the bad roads belong to the federal govt. All other infractructure takes years to build; simply because they were not there before or were seriously in neglect.

My advice is if you are registered to vote in Lagos cast your votes against these tinubu boys. The governor should be allowed to do his jobs and not be accessed based of some frivolous accusations.

The governor is responsible for his actions and also accountable to all lagosians. He's not accused of non performance, the accusations are that he patronise some individuals. Why are these same people not asking the question on the issue of large commission paid to tinubu's company.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by igboboy1(m): 2:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
Katsumoto:

No one as assumed that the allegations being levelled against Fashola is an attack on Fashola. Afterall, the allegations are probably from Lagos indigenes themselves. We do not know the state of origin of the original poster; he may be Yoruba from Oyo or Ogun or Ondo. Asking him or anyone else to ask for accountability in their state of origin does not equate to percieved tribalism.

n1gga plz/// dont try to cover up, you the one supporting the eastern rant by babapupa,

its ok if u are tribalist cos me i no dey hide my disdain for ndi ofe mmanu, other than that make that money and live your life
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by ogbongzky(m): 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2010
[size=25pt]DO YOU EXPECT FASHOLA TO TURN A WHOLE LAGOS TO HEAVEN WITHIN 3 YEARS, NA WA OOOOO,

ABEG, EKO O NI BAJE OOOOOO[/size],
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by alldone(m): 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2010
what was don before him?
if he is using only one contractor and the contractor has deliver good for him.
those before him use their family and no divident.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by tkb417(m): 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2010
igbo boy:

n1gga plz/// dont try to cover up, you the one supporting the eastern rant by babapupa,

its ok if u are tribalist cos me i no dey hide my disdain for ndi ofe mmanu, other than that make that money and live your life
ur point is?
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by jamalzox: 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2010
BIG ONE: VERY CREATIVE YOUNG SCRIPT WRITERS WANTED. A 21st century media company in Nigeria requires the skills of very talented script writers.
for more info, please call 08066301946.
THE FUTURE IS NOW.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by yusuf2(m): 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2010
i believe most if not everyone that has contributed to this discussion is either Living in Lagos or spends the most of their time there, I was born in Lagos and was there until i left for Abuja in 1998 and never went back until my firm sent me on a three weeks training course just last two weeks, I was surprised to see that Lagos was worse than it was when i left it, and considering the fact that Lagosians claim "EKO ONI BAJE". From my own point of view "EKO TI BAJE" beyond redemption. I find it difficult to believe how a normal human being can Actually live in Lagos, "CENTER OF CHAOS" and the 5TH WORST CITY TO LIVE IN ALL OVER THE EARTH RANKED 136 OUT OF 140. source "http://www.eiu.com/site_info.asp?info_name=The_Global_Liveability_Report&page=noads&rf=0". Although i stayed in a nice hotel and a Driver was on alert to take me any where i wasted to go during my stay last 2 weeks, yet i saw the faces of Lagosians every where i went, NO ONE SEEMS TO EVER SMILE AND EVERYONE IS READY TO GET CRAZY INSTANTLY COS ITS THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE IN LAGOS, see bad living condition can result to, OR DO PEOPLE PAY 2 SMILE IN LAGOS, afterall anything is possible in LAZ GIDI. I sincerely have great sympathy for MOST lagosians cos they always think they are the ones living the most enjoyable life in Nigeria, while it is not so, trust me, when u leave lagos and stay in a place as reasonable as abuja for just a month, u would c going back to Lagos as going to HELL.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by nganihu: 3:44pm On Feb 25, 2010
[size=18pt]NO MORE TAX! NO MORE TAX!! NO MORE TAX!!![/size]
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
yusuf_@:

i believe most if not everyone that has contributed to this discussion is either Living in Lagos or spends the most of their time there, I was born in Lagos and was there until i left for Abuja in 1998 and never went back until my firm sent me on a three weeks training course just last two weeks, I was surprised to see that Lagos was worse than it was when i left it, and considering the fact that Lagosians claim "EKO ONI BAJE". From my own point of view "EKO TI BAJE" beyond redemption. I find it difficult to believe how a normal human being can Actually live in Lagos, "CENTER OF CHAOS" and the 5TH WORST CITY TO LIVE IN ALL OVER THE EARTH RANKED 136 OUT OF 140. source "http://www.eiu.com/site_info.asp?info_name=The_Global_Liveability_Report&page=noads&rf=0". Although i stayed in a nice hotel and a Driver was on alert to take me any where i wasted to go during my stay last 2 weeks, yet i saw the faces of Lagosians every where i went, NO ONE SEEMS TO EVER SMILE AND EVERYONE IS READY TO GET CRAZY INSTANTLY COS ITS THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE IN LAGOS, see bad living condition can result to, OR DO PEOPLE PAY 2 SMILE IN LAGOS, afterall anything is possible in LAZ GIDI. I sincerely have great sympathy for MOST lagosians cos they always think they are the ones living the most enjoyable life in Nigeria, while it is not so, trust me, when u leave lagos and stay in a place as reasonable as abuja for just a month, u would c going back to Lagos as going to HELL.

Inasmuch as i would love to see accountability in Lagos, i will give him credit small for some of the things he has done, can he do more, u bet, he could, is he willing to do more, i hope he does, cos he will be the one to answer to the people sometimes in the future.
however, Lagos has been left and abandoned for yearsssssssss without any development and no maintenance, so it will take time for things to get back and people to start to smile.
Besides, there are more people in America that wont laff or smile.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2010
nganihu:

[size=18pt]NO MORE TAX! NO MORE TAX!! NO MORE TAX!!![/size]

And how would the city more forward?
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by tkb417(m): 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2010
yusuf_@:

Lagos worse than what it was? oti o
did u go to Oshodi? Mushin, did u see the gardens all over the Lagos. what about the BRT lanes. must u lie to make points?
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by tkb417(m): 3:51pm On Feb 25, 2010
yusuf_@:

so people smile in Abuja? den dey share money for ABJ abi the salary for Abuja better pass Lagos salary?
whats the idiff in Abuja and Lagos apart from congestion and roads? nothn
same ni
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Tcrack(m): 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
BROS
see your mouth. lekki. you live in lekki and you are still complaining.there is a place between ijora and orile called Alaba Oro.I am certain that place will rank 1st as the worst slum to live in the world and still there are people living there. you berra thank your God.
On gbe ni Lekki o tun complain. Akebaje.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by yusuf2(m): 4:06pm On Feb 25, 2010
tkb417:

so people smile in Abuja? den dey share money for ABJ abi the salary for Abuja better pass Lagos salary?
whats the idiff in Abuja and Lagos apart from congestion and roads? nothn
same ni

rest of mind, orderliness, respect for fellow humans, reasonable level of security, less traffic, good air to breath (no smoke from motor exhausts here and there), u want more
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by yusuf2(m): 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2010
tkb417:

Lagos worse than what it was? oti o
did u go to Oshodi? Mushin, did u see the gardens all over the Lagos. what about the BRT lanes. must u lie to make points?

no doubt Fashola has tried in Lagos, i used to go to school through oshodi everyday when i lived in Lagos and i know for sure there is a great difference and the BRT things was a very good idea, but you and i know it that when Fashola eventually leaves, the only way for lagos to continue in this positive transformation is if the next governor has the same zeal as fashola did to change the face of lagos, remember fashola is on in a million Nigerian Leaders, a rear type we might not see in a long time to come (dont mean to be pessimistic but we all know our NAIJA very well to overlook the obvious and hope for the best alone)
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by phantom(m): 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2010
@tk, There is a whole world of difference.My girl lives in lag.Anytime she comes to visit me in p-town,she looks really worn out.When she spends about a week here she begins to freshen out.Lagos is like alcohol,and lagosians are alcoholics, Dyin away slowly but steadily.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by tkb417(m): 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2010
respect for citizens , traffic a,d exhaust smoke and blah blah blah are the reasons why lagosians carry long faces?

can you tell me how that affects ur bank balance in Abuja. to me, the only reason a man would smile is when he makes money
I dont think living in Abuja guarantees a meal on ma table
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by tkb417(m): 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2010
phantom:

@tk, There is a whole world of difference.My girl lives in lag.Anytime she comes to visit me in p-town,she looks really worn out.When she spends about a week here she begins to freshen out.Lagos is like alcohol,and lagosians are alcoholics, Dyin away slowly but steadily.
i dont think PH is diff from Lagos in terms of traffic and other stuff

at least, we dont get shot at by militants
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 25, 2010
phantom:

wrong anaylysis in its entirety.its not by force to livein lagos.i remember when el-rufai was demolishing old structures to give way to effective planning of the capital city amid public outcry,he told them that abuja is for people with atleast a monthly earnings of #50 000.the tax may be too much agreed but that does not write the commercial potentiality that abound in the state.so i tell you what,if your girffwend cant afford to live in lagos,then ler her go back to the village afterall nigerians pay hell of a tax to live in LONDON.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Fhemmmy: 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2010
phantom:

See analysis . . . .i hear oh.
What made you think that it was lagos that made your babe looks worn out, maybe she needed a lil some some

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fg Places Seven Countries On Terrorism Watch List / Meriment And Celebration Fee - For Having A Party In Your Own Compound / Family Of Beheaded Pilot- Chimda Hedima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.