Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,664 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian (8914 Views)

Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting / Who Is A Lagosian? / Obama Lion King Cartoon Causes Cries Of ‘racism’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by felele(m): 9:08am On Mar 01, 2010
Babapupa, I hope you have seen the light very clearly.

As you can see, Tinubu and all the people leeching off Lagos State will not give up their easy payday that easily. They need to be blitzkrieged out of Lagos by all of us discerning Lagosians, who can see very clearly what is wrong and what is right.

By the way, Forpeace, redsun and all the other Fashola bashers, could you explain to me what the Bola Tinubu Diagnostic Centre in the Lasuth Complex is all about? Why is a private facility allowed space in a hospital funded by taxpayers funds? Who does it belong to How about the Critical Care Unit in the same hospital? Who is receiving the huge amounts of money being charged for its use (N300,000 per patient at the last check)

How about 4 Oyinkan Abayomi (former Queens Drive) Drive, Ikoyi? This particular property was a Lagos State Government Guest House as of December 2001. It now belongs to a private citizen. Who is the person?

What exactly is Bola Tinubu's interest in Hi-Tech Construction Company, the obviously inept firm who seem to have cornered the construction contract for the expansion of Lekki-Epe Expressway?

On what basis were they awarded the ownership of that road for 35 years? Jakande built the original road within a space of 2 years without borrowing a kobo, and without issuing any bonds of any kind. Why is the expansion subject to a so-called PPP arrangement, if Lagos State was really making as much as N8 billion per month in IGR as Tinubu boasted severally during his administration??

These questions and more are begging for answers. Please answer them before anybody begins to even question Fashola's financial probity in this our beloved Lagos.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by mercydrops: 9:50am On Mar 01, 2010
I have lived in Lagos, and presently i am in America and i must tell you i am impressed with the work of Fashola infact i like his style and charisma , but what this poster has said is not to bad about the multiple taxation going on in lagos , though he can't finish all the problems of lagos injust one term but its really unfair to tell the poster to pack his bag out of lagos because he has raised an important issue that requires serious consideration, i love lagos and i would have apppreciated it more if things were more organised to consider some neglected issue , please this is a forum and don't cruciify him for his opinion
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by felele(m): 11:03am On Mar 01, 2010
mercydrops:

I have lived in Lagos, and presently i am in America and i must tell you i am impressed with the work of Fashola infact i like his style and charisma , but what this poster has said is not to bad about the multiple taxation going on in lagos , though he can't finish all the problems of lagos injust one term but its really unfair to tell the poster to pack his bag out of lagos because he has raised an important issue that requires serious consideration, i love lagos and i would have apppreciated it more if things were more organised to consider some neglected issue , please this is a forum and don't cruciify him for his opinion

If he has a problem with any area of multiple taxation, he can write Governor Fashola directly, and I promise he will get a response within a week. He has published his email address already, so I'm sure he won't mind if I publish it here again:

brfgov@gmail.com

Unlike Tinubu, this man is accessible to the common man. I don't know him and have never met him, but when I raised a complaint about a particular issue, he responded almost immediately, and after many negotiations with his officials, I am happy to tell you that we have reached a resolution which, even though is not everything I want, has addressed the main issues satisfactorily. More to the point, I did not have to "see" anyone to get the attention I got. It appears to be the man's style.

By the way, in case you think I'm a politician or a billionaire, I am not, even though I hope, like everyone else, to be a billionaire someday, through my honest hard work.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by forpeace: 11:10am On Mar 01, 2010
felele:

Babapupa, I hope you have seen the light very clearly.

As you can see, Tinubu and all the people leeching off Lagos State will not give up their easy payday that easily. They need to be blitzkrieged out of Lagos by all of us discerning Lagosians, who can see very clearly what is wrong and what is right.

By the way, Forpeace, redsun and all the other Fashola bashers, could you explain to me what the Bola Tinubu Diagnostic Centre in the Lasuth Complex is all about? Why is a private facility allowed space in a hospital funded by taxpayers funds? Who does it belong to How about the Critical Care Unit in the same hospital? Who is receiving the huge amounts of money being charged for its use (N300,000 per patient at the last check)

How about 4 Oyinkan Abayomi (former Queens Drive) Drive, Ikoyi? This particular property was a Lagos State Government Guest House as of December 2001. It now belongs to a private citizen. Who is the person?

What exactly is Bola Tinubu's interest in Hi-Tech Construction Company, the obviously inept firm who seem to have cornered the construction contract for the expansion of Lekki-Epe Expressway?

On what basis were they awarded the ownership of that road for 35 years? Jakande built the original road within a space of 2 years without borrowing a kobo, and without issuing any bonds of any kind. Why is the expansion subject to a so-called PPP arrangement, if Lagos State was really making as much as N8 billion per month in IGR as Tinubu boasted severally during his administration??

These questions and more are begging for answers. Please answer them before anybody begins to even question Fashola's financial probity in this our beloved Lagos.

My brother,it will be impossible for me to answer any of this questions because i am neither a tinubu staff, acquaintance,associate or political party member. .i am merely an average lagosian who is appreciative of the work he did while in office because of the bravery and totality he went about it.

babapupa however who might be a member of the fashola govt might do a thorough job by answering the questions you've posed above.

thank you.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by raphy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2010
wazup!
even me am fedup with lagos life i have live here more than 20yrs i tink fashola is doing his best
to make it a mega city any way i will go n see how the north look like wink how the bizness is goin around ther bfore i settle.happy nu month to all my haters am still the best romance poster on nl anyday any tym grin grin chek it out.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by igboboy1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2010
Na wa o, if only lagos was a country, babapupa stop crying like lagos is your country, I dont think any well meaning nigerian wishes bad for Lagos.
EKO NI BAJE O grin

Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by babapupa: 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2010
igbo boy:

Na wa o, if only lagos was a country, babapupa stop crying like lagos is your country, I dont think any well meaning nigerian wishes bad for Lagos.
EKO NI BAJE O  grin

You're free to call Lagos you country or whatever makes you snore properly at night.

Lagos state is my state and good o bad, I'm proud of my state, I love my state and everything it stands for. Till that becomes a crime, the joke is on you and the rest of the homeless and proud less disgruntled elements.

I do sympathize with you and I understand the frustration for the fact that you have nothing to be proud of, nothing to inspire you and no local role model to look up to.

And it makes no difference to me what you wish for Lagos, the facts on the ground tells the truth and so far, Lagos state is doing just fine.

Ndo,
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by macnuel: 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2010
When some things happen, there is a reserved right to voice your opinions. If things aren't going the right way, they should be discussed. If taxes are paid and nothing happens, one can ask what the taxes collected are being used for. If Fashola needs to be probed, there's nothing wrong with it so far he hasn't misappropriated funds as alleged. As for me, the guy has done more than what any Governor has done so far. He's put discipline in the system better than what other administrations could achieve. And for the record, roads will continue to be bad, power supply will always have one problem or the other, taxes will be paid, Administrations will continue to have critics and supporters and complaints will be endless.

My concern is that whatever administration that be, let them do what is justifiable, just like what I feel Fashola has done. He is not a miracle worker but at least he has worked some miracles in Lagos.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by igboboy1(m): 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
babapupa:

You're free to call Lagos you country or whatever makes you snore properly at night.

Lagos state is my state and good o bad, I'm proud of my state, I love my state and everything it stands for. Till that becomes a crime, the joke is on you and the rest of the[b] homeless and proud less disgruntled elements [/b].

I do sympathize with you and I understand the frustration for the fact that you have nothing to be proud of, nothing to inspire you and no local role model to look up to.

And it makes no difference to me what you wish for Lagos, the facts on the ground tells the truth and so far, Lagos state is doing just fine.

Ndo,

homeless you say? haha guy no make me laugh. I am literally accomodating your odua brothers in lagos,

frustration? far from it daily. isi ewu wey i dey chop from the rent wey your odua bros dey pay me dey sweet me, life is good

Am living comfortable son so i dont know what u talking about, AM doing my best to help my fellow nigerians hence renting out to your odua bros,
Like i said lagos dey for naija, me i be nwa naija so why i go hate?

Eko O ni baje o grin
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by shawn123: 2:59pm On Mar 03, 2010
@Poster:
Like Fela said: Suffering and Smiling, most Lagosians are like that. Like Americans they have not been to other parts of Nigeria so they end up with the opinion that Lagos is the best place ever, lmao, Ignorance i call it cos i was there for a couple of years. If you can or see an apening at your workplace, queitly move to Abuaja, good roads, security , Okada free, dirt free, Glorified touts in uniform free, Traffic free, Thats not all, you still get all the kinds of clubs you want, strip bar, bowling alley, silverbed cinema, shopping malls, Night clubs (Aqua, subteranean, Aristotle, Play etc, ) No look Uche face o, explore your options wink
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2010
shawn123:

@Poster:
Like Fela said: Suffering and Smiling, most Lagosians are like that. Like Americans they have not been to other parts of Nigeria so they end up with the opinion that Lagos is the best place ever, lmao, Ignorance i call it cos i was there for a couple of years. If you can or see an apening at your workplace, queitly move to Abuaja, good roads, security , Okada free, dirt free, Glorified touts in uniform free, Traffic free, Thats not all, you still get all the kinds of clubs you want, strip bar, bowling alley, silverbed cinema, shopping malls, Night clubs (Aqua, subteranean, Aristotle, Play etc, ) No look Uche face o, explore your options wink

You can only explore those options when you have choices and when you ave what it takes to do that.
How many people living in Lagos today can afford life in Abuja?
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by shawn123: 3:13pm On Mar 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You can only explore those options when you have choices and when you ave what it takes to do that.
How many people living in Lagos today can afford life in Abuja?

hmmm, Many i tell you as long as you ve got a white collar job! It beats leaving your house by 5 am in the morning and being back home by 10:00 pm. If you decide to leave in Abuja, then you dont have to live in Maitama, Asokoro, or Wuse ( Abi how many people live in Victoria Island in Lagos?) same way you could live in the affordable areas like Kubwa, Lugbe, Karu etc house rent 120k and above! like i said, Lagosians need to witness the facts themselves and not by the general rumour,
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Fhemmmy: 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2010
shawn123:

hmmm, Many i tell you as long as you ve got a white collar job! It beats leaving your house by 5 am in the morning and being back home by 10:00 pm. If you decide to leave in Abuja, then you dont have to live in Maitama, Asokoro, or Wuse ( Abi how many people live in Victoria Island in Lagos?) same way you could live in the affordable areas like Kubwa, Lugbe, Karu etc house rent 120k and above! like i said, Lagosians need to witness the facts themselves and not by the general rumour,

The option that i talked about are:
1. They will need a job to even get that kinda homes in Abuja, regardless where - Some in Lagos at the age of 40 are still sleeping on Dad's couches.
2. Have a business that they could run - many in Lagos are surviving on selling recharge card and live with mom and dad.
However, as long as they can get a job in Abuja, i will advice some to move.
I will even advice some to move to where they can get huge lands for farming.
But trust me, everyone wanna be a lagosian . . . .pathetic
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by shawn123: 3:24pm On Mar 03, 2010
@phemmy: yeah , ur on point . It would only work for people who aleady have a job and can get a transfer at work. However this will soon come to be as most telecom companies are transferring some of their departments to Abuja. Really its not a place to come and hustle.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2010
shawn123:

@phemmy: yeah , your on point . It would only work for people who aleady have a job and can get a transfer at work. However this will soon come to be as most telecom companies are transferring some of their departments to Abuja. Really its not a place to come and hustle.

If that is the case, i will advice all that could move to do so, however, dont forget too that Abuja was developed for a certain number of people, just like Lagos was some years back, so i only hope that Abuja will be able to support the wave of the move of the people there.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by shawn123: 3:54pm On Mar 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

If that is the case, i will advice all that could move to do so, however, dont forget too that Abuja was developed for a certain number of people, just like Lagos was some years back, so i only hope that Abuja will be able to support the wave of the move of the people there.

sure, however Abuja can accomodate more people than Lagos. The Land mass is alot bigger, also if you have been there recently you would notice most of the concentrated dual roads being tranformed to 8 lanes, like the kubwa and airport road. There is still room for expansion for now.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Fhemmmy: 4:04pm On Mar 03, 2010
shawn123:

sure, however Abuja can accomodate more people than Lagos. The Land mass is alot bigger, also if you have been there recently you would notice most of the concentrated dual roads being tranformed to 8 lanes, like the kubwa and airport road. There is still room for expansion for now.

Great, but i have not been to Abuja in 5 years
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by dlox01(m): 1:35am On Mar 30, 2010
shawn123:

@Poster:
there is nothing you have mentioned (social) that u cant find better in lag,Aqua,Aristotle are bars not clubs. if you say Okada free, kubwa is abuja isnt it?gwagwalada??good roads, yes within the central area and a few other places definatley not the places i mentioned or gwagwa karimo or wuye or lugbe or sabo lugbe or, infact i can mention too many places.
people that leave in kubwa go throuh hell to get to the central business district and wuse 2 where offices are located,they spend almost 2hrs and that is a state with what populationif you chose to stay in wuse 2, zone 3,zone 4 area 1,2 and its environs, trust me not just any white collar job will get you in such places where d landlords ask 4 2yrs and self contain goes for 350k p.a(without agency 10%,documentation 10%), so as a big boy you power go end in a self contain,trust me a 2 bedroom is like 700k up o!!if you dont work in an oil company with an upfront then u r toast coz if na your 60k or 100k salary please how long would u save up to have ur place and furnish it(considering thats not the only priority on your list).
dont get me wrong, abuja is great,i live there,ive got a house there and in lagos but its dosnt accomodate just anybody,if you r low income,you will stay in low income places and sterotyped as not staying in abj.
security is wonderful within town but na God dey save person o. My cousin and his friend were shot dead in town by the same people that are meant to be protecting us(the police)reason??they did not want to part with the 300k in thier car.God dey sha!!Apo six killings??
the hussle of lag is to the extreme but if you are about your business there is no where better than gidi, but if u r in the high pay white collar job abj is it but please clubbingleave it to lasgidi grin wink
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by dlox01(m): 1:57am On Mar 30, 2010
@bubapupa,
ur doing a gr8 job, u dey try as u dey battle these retards, 1st things 1st, the topic shouldnt be Fed up Lagosian coz forpeace isnt a lagosian, he is just[b] 'FED UP'[/b] grin grin ;Dlol
u guys havnt been following up on him thats why youve got time for him,i always bump into him 'FED UP', he's even planning a thread blaming GOD for his misfortunes.
forpeace needs NL fame dont you guys get it??the more he goes posting against Fashola who majority support,the more we get to know who he is!!!or havnt you noticed he is shallow in thought, look through his thread and you will see its thesame recycled stuff, FASHOLA DID THIS FASHOLA DID THAT backed with newspaper articles culled from punch(you should read more so u could be more constructive)
you know what they say about the masquerade that goes out to flog people??after everybody runs away,he will turn to those that beat his own drums n flog them(warning to igboboy pls beware)

felele:

If he has a problem with any area of multiple taxation, he can write Governor Fashola directly, and I promise he will get a response within a week. He has published his email address already, so I'm sure he won't mind if I publish it here again:

brfgov@gmail.com

Unlike Tinubu, this man is accessible to the common man. I don't know him and have never met him, but when I raised a complaint about a particular issue, he responded almost immediately, and after many negotiations with his officials, I am happy to tell you that we have reached a resolution which, even though is not everything I want, has addressed the main issues satisfactorily. More to the point, I did not have to "see" anyone to get the attention I got. It appears to be the man's style.

By the way, in case you think I'm a politician or a billionaire, I am not, even though I hope, like everyone else, to be a billionaire someday, through my honest hard work.

gbam!! wink well said,
he is very accesable.
dear forpeace, can i please have tinubus phone numberi have a little complain to make about something he couldnt complete in 8yrs lol grin
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by forpeace: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2010
Woe betide me if I give in to the shenanigans of all these lASG pple. .I am for peace,justice and equity. .So help me God
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by olaolabiy: 10:52am On Mar 30, 2010
forpeace,
you are a born idiot.you need an operation for verbal disorder.where were you when tinubu held sway.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by dlox01(m): 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2010
forpeace:

Woe betide me if I give in to the shenanigans of all these lASG pple. .I am for peace,justice and equity. .So help me God

woe betide you if you dont coz you stand for nothing, so help you God
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by dlox01(m): 11:21pm On Mar 30, 2010
LAGOS STATE IS A NIGERIAN STATE AND NOT A YORUBA STATE
A TAX PAYER IN LAGOS HAS THE RIGHT TO QUESTION HOW HIS MONEY IS BEING USED NOT MINDING HIS ETHNIC GROUP.
FASHOLA NEEDS TO ANSWER ALL THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HIM.
THERE IS ALSO AN EZE NDI IGBO IN LAGOS STATE
AS FOR ODUDUWA REPUBLIC, IF THE YORUBAS WANTS TO OWN LAGOS STATE, THEY SHOULD BE ADVOCATING FOR THE REPUBLIC.
IT STILL BAFFLES ME WHAT MADE YORUBAS TO FIGHT SO MUCH FOR NIGERIA'S UNITY WHEN THEY ARE NOT READY TO RECOGNISE THEIR LANDS AS NIGERIAN LANDS

@JUSTCASH

Please shut up,stop making an igbo fool of urself.
lagos is a yoruba land and if you do not know,there is no EZE NDI IGBO of lagos coz as it stands its illegal(stated grandly by the EZE NDI IGBO himself), aside that,what is the meaning of EZE NDI IGBO??king/god of igbos in lagos,if lagos was an igbo land they would have just king of lagos 'EZE NDI LAGOS'
THERE IS OBA OF LAGOS and lagos is a state you f#$ked up retard!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breaking News: Igbos In Los Angeles Response To Nnamdi Kanu Will Shock You / 11 Feared Abducted As Bandits Attack Kaduna Village / 87 Million PVCs Collected Says INEC

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.