Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,680 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian (8915 Views)

Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting / Who Is A Lagosian? / Obama Lion King Cartoon Causes Cries Of ‘racism’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by igboboy1(m): 3:07am On Feb 26, 2010
Lagos no dey africa again? The way people dey carry lagos u go think say na heaven e dey,

The only time i went to lagos was when i was exiting that God forsaking country apart from that, I just like the sharp Life of WARRI, cos warri boys no dey dull, thats the only city that makes sense to me in the whole of Nigeria
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 26, 2010
^^ I think you missed road.

These are the threads you were looking for:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-2536.32.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-64018.0.html
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by babapupa: 4:08am On Feb 26, 2010
Though he responded already, too bad you conveniently missed it. He is not under any obligation legally or constitutionally to respond to every baseless and unproven allegations except in a court of law with credible proof of wrong doing presented. He said he'll respond at the appropriate time, meaning when evidence/proof of wrong doing on his part is produced in a court of law or before the state legislatures.

What do you really want from the man? You want him to go door to door or hold daily press conference and endlessly defend himself against what?
All we have so far is just talk and silly innuendos by some group and you're siting here calling it fraud, do you or the people behind the silly nonsense have any proof that he did anything wrong? How come they haven't produced anything till this very second? How come we still don't have any exposes and revelations in the media, even by the people making the allegations.

Are we really ready to crucify the man because of some words of mouth allegations? The burden is on the accusers to take their case to court or before the grand jury where all evidence of wrong doing gets tendered to decide if the allegations have any merit or before the legislators.

Again, what do you want the man to do? He said there's no need to demonstrate in his support and he'll respond when the people making the accusations gets their act together and present something via the legislative body or court of law.

Any reasonable human being talk less a lawyer don't go around talking till he knows for sure what he's being accused of.

You guys need to stop acting as if Lagos is a banana republic where people scream ole and the accuser heads to the gallows. There is due process to follow. It's called democracy. You guys need to stop thinking and acting like we still live in the stone age.

Fashola is the governor of Lagos state and he's not running anywhere, he'll be here to attend to their allegations when the time comes. In civilized societies, they don't discuss and defend allegations on the side walk, they do it in the court of law under oath.

It's very disappointing looking at people talking about democracy, but they still reason undemocratically. Some of us are not matured or ready to toe the true lines of democracy.

We still have scream Ole, shower with petrol and kill, no freeking due process or any kind civilized sense of jurisprudence.

Doe's the phrase anything you say can be used against you in a court of law mean anything to you? Fashola is a lawyer, not your average pepper soup honorable.

EFCC already looked in Fashola's wardrobe, his personal account and everything Fashola and found nothing illegal or incriminating.

Don't we all know EFCC has the best financial forensic in Africa, if EFCC didn't find anything, what is the legislature going to find?

"Now that the EFCC came and found nothing illegal or criminal as they x-rayed Fashola's office, and having found nothing incriminating in his political wardrobe, the project of making Lagos a new mega city should proceed unabated. Lagosians should continue to lend their support. EFCC members must have felt grossly disappointed as they flip through Fashola's wardrobes recently finding nothing incriminating . There is no doubt that this action could have been politically motivated.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201002251301.html

I strongly suggest you read the article, it's not written by Babapupa and I have tons of similar ones like that, just let me know if you need more.

Obviously, decades of lousy and autocratic governance have screwed us up in the head that we don't even thing straight and rational no more.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Justcash(m): 5:52am On Feb 26, 2010
[b]LAGOS IS A STATE IN NIGERIA, EVERY NIGERIAN HAS THE RIGHT TO STAY AND DIE IN ANY STATE
EVERY NIGERIAN HAS THE RIGHT TO CRITICIZE ANY GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA AND SUE HIM/HER TO COURT IF HE IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE STATE'S INCOME
LAGOS IS NOT FOR THE YORUBAS, IT IS NOT A YORUBA STATE, IT IS A NIGERIAN STATE
MOST INFRASTRUCTURES E.G INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, SEAPORTS ETC THAT MAKES LAGOS ATTRACTIVE FOR BUSINESSMEN WERE BUILT WITH MONEY GOTTEN FROM NIGERIA AS A WHOLE
THE POPULATION IN LAGOS IS AN ADVANTAGE NOT A CURSE (DOMESTIC CONSUMPTION). CROSS RIVER STATE WILL FEEL BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH A POPULATION TO OIL TINAPA AND OBUDU CATTLE RANCH.
LAGOS WAS A FORMER FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRIRTORY, THAT GIVES IT A MORE NATIONAL THAN ETHNIC OUTLOOK
MANY TAXPAYERS IN LAGOS ARE NOT YORUBAS, THEY ARE FROM OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY
MANY LAGOSIANS (BORN AND BRED) ARE NOT YORUBAS
THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT FASHOLA IS DOING WHAT ANY SANE GOVERNOR SHOULD DO
WHAT FASHOLA IS DOING IS NOT EXTRAORDINARY, THEY ARE THE NORMAL THINGS THAT A GOVERNOR SHOULD DO
THE ANTI-DEVELOPMENTAL ATTITUDE OF MOST OF NIGERIAN GOVERNORS HAS MADE WHAT FASHOLA IS DOING TO LOOK EXTRAORDINARY
THAT FASHOLA IS FOCUSED AND DEVELOPMENTAL DOES NOT MEAN THAT HE SHOULD NOT BE ACCOUNTABLE
THE FACT THAT HE DID NOT RESPOND TO MOST CURRUPTION ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HIM IS REALLY QUESTIONABLE
THE POSTER IS A TAX PAYING LAGOSIAN, SO DESERVES TO KNOW HOW THE STATE'S MONEY IS BEING SPENT.
THE YORUBAS SURPPORTED A UNITED NIGERIA, SO THEY MUST TOLERATE ANYTHING THAT COMES WITH A UNITED NIGERIA
THE YORUBAS SHOULD STOP ASKING THE EASTERNERS AND NIGERINS FROM OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY TO LEAVE LAGOS, BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED A BIG ROLE IN STOPPING THE EAST FROM CAUSING A DIVISION
AS FAR AS FASHOLA IS CONCERNED HE NEEDS TO ANSWER THE ALLEGATIONS AND CLEAR HIMSELF OF ANY WRONG DOING.

WE ALL WANT A UNITED NIGERIA, WE MUST UNDERSTAND AND DEVELOP ATTITUDES THAT WILL HELP ONE NIGERIA TO FLOURISH. IF NOT, "TO YOUR TENTS O'ISREAL."

THOSE ARE THE TRUTHS OF THE ISSUE AT HAND.[/b]
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by An0nimus: 6:31am On Feb 26, 2010
If u no like am,comot na!!!
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Justcash(m): 6:37am On Feb 26, 2010
An0nimus:

If u no like am,comot na!!!

The guy made it clear that he doesn't want to go out of Lagos. He is criticising Fashola. That is not unlawful, afterall as he said, he pays his tax to Lagos state.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by TrainedM: 6:38am On Feb 26, 2010
Dude, Lagos is a yoruba state although it has a muti ethnic feeling to it. There is an Oba of Lagos who will always be yoruba. Obas of several communities will always be yoruba. The Governor of Lagos in any Democracy will always be yoruba. The slogan of Lagos EKO O NI BAJE is Yoruba. The state radio 107.5 fm tiwa n tiwa is a Yoruba Station. And even the Lagos Television LTv runs mostly yoruba programs and movies and so on and so forth.

However i believe the success of what Lagos is today is the contribution of the diverse ethnic fgroups that have contributed to its growth and success.However state of origin is different from state of birth.  

The population of Lagos is crazy simply because the Land mass of Lagos is small and i think Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria in terms of Land mass .I think there is more of water than land in lagos which is why Parts of Ajah and Lekki had to be sand-filed. Population Density is very high.

As for you being a Tax payer and wanting to know how your money is being spent, wait for the national  assembly to pass the Freedom of Information Bill

Call me what you want i am first a Yoruba man then a Nigerian. My family Lineage is of Durosinmi etti and dates back to pre colonial Lagos. My fore fathers became Nigerians i think around 1914 or so when the name Nigerian was coined.

All these been said Lagos is for everyone but there are some Lines non yorubas cannot cross in Lagos because historically it is a yoruba state and if the south west ever ceceedes it will be the capital of ODUDUWA REPUBLIC.

Eko o ni Baje o.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Justcash(m): 7:29am On Feb 26, 2010
TrainedM:

Dude, Lagos is a yoruba state although it has a muti ethnic feeling to it. There is an Oba of Lagos who will always be yoruba. Obas of several communities will always be yoruba. The Governor of Lagos in any Democracy will always be yoruba. The slogan of Lagos EKO O NI BAJE is Yoruba. The state radio 107.5 fm tiwa n tiwa is a Yoruba Station. And even the Lagos Television LTv runs mostly yoruba programs and movies and so on and so forth.

However i believe the success of what Lagos is today is the contribution of the diverse ethnic fgroups that have contributed to its growth and success.However state of origin is different from state of birth. 

The population of Lagos is crazy simply because the Land mass of Lagos is small and i think Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria in terms of Land mass .I think there is more of water than land in lagos which is why Parts of Ajah and Lekki had to be sand-filed. Population Density is very high.

As for you being a Tax payer and wanting to know how your money is being spent, wait for the national  assembly to pass the Freedom of Information Bill

Call me what you want i am first a Yoruba man then a Nigerian. My family Lineage is of Durosinmi etti and dates back to pre colonial Lagos. My fore fathers became Nigerians i think around 1914 or so when the name Nigerian was coined.

All these been said Lagos is for everyone but there are some Lines non yorubas cannot cross in Lagos because historically it is a yoruba state and if the south west ever ceceedes it will be the capital of ODUDUWA REPUBLIC.

Eko o ni Baje o.

LAGOS STATE IS A NIGERIAN STATE AND NOT A YORUBA STATE

A TAX PAYER IN LAGOS HAS THE RIGHT TO QUESTION HOW HIS MONEY IS BEING USED NOT MINDING HIS ETHNIC GROUP.

FASHOLA NEEDS TO ANSWER ALL THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HIM.

THERE IS ALSO AN EZE NDI IGBO IN LAGOS STATE

AS FOR ODUDUWA REPUBLIC, IF THE YORUBAS WANTS TO OWN LAGOS STATE, THEY SHOULD BE ADVOCATING FOR THE REPUBLIC.

IT STILL BAFFLES ME WHAT MADE YORUBAS TO FIGHT SO MUCH FOR NIGERIA'S UNITY WHEN THEY ARE NOT READY TO RECOGNISE THEIR LANDS AS NIGERIAN LANDS.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Oba234: 8:42am On Feb 26, 2010
lol, so many topics about Lagos on this site. Is it that serious? There are 36 states in Nigeria and all I read on this site is Lagos, Lagos, Lagos. can we talk about the other 35 states in nigeria.

On another note, Fashola is the man.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Mariory(m): 9:36am On Feb 26, 2010
Justcash:

FASHOLA NEEDS TO ANSWER ALL THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HIM.

He doesn't have to answer $h!t! If there is suspected fraud it should be reported to the relevant authorities so they can take action. Show us the proof then the Lagos house can impeach him.

Let me make it simple to understand. The majority of Lagos voted for him. The majority of Lagos will keep him in for another term. Pure and simple!

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/uploads/INVESTMENT%20BROCHURE.pdf
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by tayoast(m): 10:02am On Feb 26, 2010
Oba234:

lol, so many topics about Lagos on this site. Is it that serious? There are 36 states in Nigeria and all I read on this site is Lagos, Lagos, Lagos. can we talk about the other 35 states in nigeria.

On another note, Fashola is the man.

may be u shd start a topic on other Nig states.

as far as Fash is concerned, I'm indifferent
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by martinosi: 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2010
LOL! U people its friday now!!! make una relax, abi u guys want to
argue into the weekend.

We all Know that Lagos is a Yuroba State because its in Yuroba Land

It also was the Capital of Nigeria and also the Number one
commercial centre in Nigeria which is why so many ethnic groups
in Nigeria flocked to live there to take advantage of Economic
Opportunities.

In regards to Economic Imput Easterners and Northerners
and South-South groups are bringing something to the table in term of economic
benefit to Lagos state.

We only have two major sea ports in Nigeria, Port harcourt and the
other "Well u Know it" and therefore what do you expect.

Why do you think people flock to New York, Chicago, Los Angeles etc
its the Commerce  that drives peoples there and these cities have large
ports and alot of business.

Even London was built on its commercial business ie the ships used to dock
@ dover and Barges used to take the "ships goods" from that
port to the "City of London" via the river thames and offload at what is
presently Canary Wharf.

Lagos grew as a trade route for the Portuguese/Europeans carrying goods back to
their counntry from the spice nations ie india via cape town, Lagos and to europe

So lets just bury all this Lagos arguement.

A state Government number one duty is Security & Infrastructure
and if you live in Lagos you have a right to know
where you tax money goes,
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Spike88(f): 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2010
Nigeria without Lagos is not Nigeria. so UP LAGOS!!!!!!!!
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2010
Spike88:

Nigeria without Lagos is not Nigeria. so UP LAGOS!!!!!!!!

Lagos is important, and that is why it is important to make sure that the leaders there leads well and not by enriching their wallets.
I know u will say, how about other states . . . . .just cos they are wrong, does not make it right
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by babapupa: 4:09pm On Feb 26, 2010
Justcash:

The guy made it clear that he doesn't want to go out of Lagos. He is criticising Fashola. That is not unlawful, afterall as he said, he pays his tax to Lagos state.

And we've made it clear that we are not against people criticizing, we just want people to bring forward what they are criticizing him for, what has he done wrong/ what evidence of criminality do you have against him?

Why is it so hard for you to clearly outline what he did wrong and what evidence you have against him? Is th
is not how they do things in democratic societies?

It's amazing how we want and love to claim we have rights to to criticize and do anything we want like they do in civilized societies, but in civilized societies, people don't go around accusing other people of wrong doing without proof off wrong doing. It's only done in a banana republic like ours by the same people who think they are doing what others do in civilized societies.

Some of you still have stone age mentality and are not ready to mingle with civilized people.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by kaaycee(m): 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2010
I was born and bread in Lagos but when I was fed up of Lagos and the stress of going 2 work and I asked 4 transfer from my office and it was granted,so I packed my loads and left the busy town cheesy. Now I live in a peaceful and less busy town and I now enjoy my work and salary after all d salary na d same everywhere smiley
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by babapupa: 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Lagos is important, and that is why it is important to make sure that the leaders there leads well and not by enriching their wallets.
I know u will say, how about other states . . . . .just cos they are wrong, does not make it right

You've been repeating the same line for how many days now? First you said all he's doing is planting flowers, but we proved you wrong with concrete evidence of what he's actually doing. Now it's insinuations of wrong doing.

Before you rubbish the man's name, why don't you go ahead and tell us exactly what he did wrong and show us how he did it with proof.

EFCC did their investigation and found nothing, I mean nothing.

Repeating the same lies and innuendos doesn't change the fact that till you come up with something, they are still lies and innuendos.  

Nigerians are the most mean spirited people in the world, no wonder we're stagnating in the wilderness.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Fhemmmy: 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2010
kaaycee:

I was born and bread in Lagos but when I was fed up of Lagos and the stress of going 2 work and I asked 4 transfer from my office and it was granted,so I packed my loads and left the busy town cheesy. Now I live in a peaceful and less busy town and I now enjoy my work and salary after all d salary na d same everywhere smiley

Good for you.
Lagos is not for everyone and other places are not for everyone.
I will advice thought that whoever has the kinda opportunity that you have, should take such chances.
However, for people in business, will be hard to make such move
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Haksalam(m): 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2010
Go back your village.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Fhemmmy: 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2010
babapupa:

You've been repeating the same line for how many days now? First you said all he's doing is planting flowers, but we proved you wrong with concrete evidence of what he's actually doing. Now it's insinuations of wrong doing.

Before you rubbish the man's name, why don't you go ahead and tell us exactly what he did wrong and show us how he did it with proof.

EFCC did their investigation and found nothing, I mean nothing.

Repeating the same lies and innuendos doesn't change the fact that till you come up with something, they are still lies and innuendos.  

Nigerians are the most mean spirited people in the world, no wonder we're stagnating in the wilderness.[quote author=kaaycee

Chief, once again, i will never rubbish his name . . . .cos i have so much respect for him, and that was why i said, it hurts to hear that he does not want to be probed . . . . .so point me to where i will read about the EFCC probe on him and they found nothing.
However, same EFCC said they found nothing on OBJ . .  .or have they started a new EFCC?
But firstly send me to where to read about the probe, and i will be here to apologize.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by kaaycee(m): 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2010
U`re right,just showing d poster a way out of his misery.if u are tired of our dear commercial capital,pls leave. grin I respect d administration and d place.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by irunlagos: 5:35pm On Feb 26, 2010
People i feel its not fair to say Lagos belongs to nobody. I was born in Lagos but my state of origin is Ogun state. we all came together to build Lagos but thats only because they allowed it. I mean if they have been violent and not allowed excesses from non Indigene nobody will have d guts to say Lagos belongs to nobody.

Every end of the year people go to their hometown rite, where do Lagosians go to? are you now telling me a whole state has no rite to claim their place??

Thanks You Lagos for having us and thank you Fashola for creating a future for the city.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
Nigerians hate truth,come and see other parts of the world and see what they use taxes to do,u will trip,how can people be paying taxes and road still in a mess,primary schools still like chicken cages,pregnant women not gething proper ante-natal,they have to pay for scan,pay for some tests,and medicines, OMOLANKES(TRUCK PUSHERS) are still pushing to collect waste-no proper equipment to collect waste from houses,no water,all we get is epileptic electricity,no park for children to play in despite our nice weather condition,in UK every area got their park for kids to play,and other things are in order.

And some fools here are so happy with the little thats on ground,claiming probing a governor is a big deal,every governor should be probed for accountability and checked atleast that would minimise or bring fraud to halt in nigeria.though fashola has tried compared to the rubbers that were there before who cares not to do anything atall,but still,that does not mean he cant be checked,every kobo should be accounted for cos hes not doing it for free,hes paid to serve the masses,and thas how it should be for everyone holding or planning holding public office someday,its better to depend on your salary and the Al-Barika that comes with it rather than the poor masses you've frauded while on earth will one day collect every dime of their right from you(your good deeds) on the judgement day,the good deeds you are not even sure it would be sufficient to save you from Hellfire,everyone will collect thier right from you on that day,e.g,people tha supposed to enjoy their resources and you prevented them cos of greed will all come on that day and collect your good deeds tha you think will be okay to save you from hellfire,and you will just end in hellfire at the end of the day.

So public office holders should fear God in all dealings ,cos all is being recorded
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2010
are you now telling me a whole state has no rite to claim their place??

yes nah- that's exactly what they're telling you.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by hardywaltz(m): 3:22am On Feb 27, 2010
Most posts on this tread show how shallow most of people are. @Tpia, babapupa and co, u guyz are just plain dumb. Asking for accountability is within anyone right. and just because u feel Fashola is a performing Governor doesn't make him unaccountable/above the law. Because no one asked his predecessor for accountability doesn't mean it cant start one day.
In Rivers State, i (most people) have Gov. Ameachi's statement of account for each year ending (25th October) which shows what the state generated (fed. allocation/IGR/13% deriavation) and how each ministry spent their allocation (names of every contractor/amount contract was awarded). Though i personally questioned the rationale behind some unnecessary expenses (like using 8 billion naira for carnival) but the only reason i could do that was because i had the statement of account. Ameachi is currently on tour of all the LGAs in Rivers state and each LG Chairman  has done the same (furnishing everyone with a statement  of accout.) it is within every citizen right to know how thier fund are been spent. If it were Ameachi who is been accused, he would have faced his accusers in the open and would have come out on top at the end of the day.
Most of the problem bedeviling Lagos predates Fashola and therefore cannot really be said to be his making coupled with an uncooperative FG.
Most of you shouting “Eko o ni baje“ i have met ur types, my roommate in the university who came back to do Bsc (cos he had H.ND) back then said he spent his first 30+ years in Lagos, d only tyme he managed to leave Lagos was for NYSC, only then was he been able to truly appreciate life and stopped believing that Lagos was all and all. Thoug a Lagos indigen has refused to go back (since 99) and remained in Rivers State ever since.
While serving most corpers from Lagos state admitted that it was thier first time of leaving Lagos/environs. The reason i am commenting on this tread (thoug i had seen it eairlier) is coz i met a friend that we all served in Rivers state who has been here ever since working with First Bank, also a Lagos indigen said he had on two occasion rejected transfer to Lagos refering to its dirtyness and always in arush attitude. i suggests most of y'all travel arround a little bit and get to compare and contrast.
I have personally rejected any thing/work that will keep me in Lagos for more than a week.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Nobody: 3:26am On Feb 27, 2010
^^ see your signature:

i would rather betray the whole world
than have d whole world betray me

'nuff said

you've explained yourself enough with it

bad belle don kill una finish

number of posts since July 2008= 41

hiss
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by babapupa: 3:43am On Feb 27, 2010
hardywaltz:

Most posts on this tread show how shallow most of people are. @Tpia, babapupa and co, u guyz are just plain dumb. Asking for accountability is within anyone right. and just because u feel Fashola is a performing Governor doesn't make him unaccountable/above the law. Because no one asked his predecessor for accountability doesn't mean it cant start one day.
In Rivers State, i (most people) have Gov. Ameachi's statement of account for each year ending (25th October) which shows what the state generated (fed. allocation/IGR/13% deriavation) and how each ministry spent their allocation (names of every contractor/amount contract was awarded). Though i personally questioned the rationale behind some unnecessary expenses (like using 8 billion naira for carnival) but the only reason i could do that was because i had the statement of account. Ameachi is currently on tour of all the LGAs in Rivers state and each LG Chairman  has done the same (furnishing everyone with a statement  of accout.) it is within every citizen right to know how thier fund are been spent. If it were Ameachi who is been accused, he would have faced his accusers in the open and would have come out on top at the end of the day.
Most of the problem bedeviling Lagos predates Fashola and therefore cannot really be said to be his making coupled with an uncooperative FG.
Most of you shouting “Eko o ni baje“ i have met your types, my roommate in the university who came back to do Bsc (cos he had H.ND) back then said he spent his first 30+ years in Lagos, d only tyme he managed to leave Lagos was for NYSC, only then was he been able to truly appreciate life and stopped believing that Lagos was all and all. Thoug a Lagos indigen has refused to go back (since 99) and remained in Rivers State ever since.
While serving most corpers from Lagos state admitted that it was thier first time of leaving Lagos/environs. The reason i am commenting on this tread (thoug i had seen it eairlier) is coz i met a friend that we all served in Rivers state who has been here ever since working with First Bank, also a Lagos indigen said he had on two occasion rejected transfer to Lagos refering to its dirtyness and always in arush attitude. i suggests most of y'all travel arround a little bit and get to compare and contrast.
I have personally rejected any thing/work that will keep me in Lagos for more than a week.

Unfortunately for you, lack of ability to read and comprehend betrayed you and your silly rant.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by hardywaltz(m): 6:48am On Feb 27, 2010
@Tpia, unlike you i dont comment on treads for the fun of it, i ain't as jobless as you are being on the internet every minute of d day u can as well convert ur no of post into naira and take home.
You and that babapupa of an a.s.s have been shouting about show me which other state governor (outside lagos) has provided a statement of account, i have shown you 1. Why not prove me wrong instead u chose to pick on my signature no wonder you guyz have lot of posts. Pointless trying to reason with imbeciles. Wont be replying ur comments.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by ziga: 8:18am On Feb 27, 2010
hardywaltz:

Most of you shouting “Eko o ni baje“ i have met your types, my roommate in the university who came back to do Bsc (cos he had H.ND) back then said he spent his first 30+ years in Lagos, d only tyme he managed to leave Lagos was for NYSC, only then was he been able to truly appreciate life and stopped believing that Lagos was all and all. Thoug a Lagos indigen has refused to go back (since 99) and remained in Rivers State ever since.

Watch your language young man!!!

On the contrary, most people who have been posting, have an unexplained beef with Lagos and have been judgmental without even trying to analyze the facts.

The face that you don't like Lagos does not make the Governor of Lagos state a thief.

Just put yourself in the man's shoes, and truthfully ask yourself, what would i have done?
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by hardywaltz(m): 9:36am On Feb 27, 2010
@ Ziga, thanks Old Man, but i don't remember castigating Fashola in my post, as eairlier stated most problems bedeviling Lagos precede Fashola's Governnent, all i'm saying as a political office holder he shouldn't be afraid of criticism and should be subject to accountability checks which they (Politicians) always preach.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by TrainedM: 9:40am On Feb 27, 2010
Lagos for show. Area code ain't 01 for Nothing0  tongue

Lagos is the best state in Nigeria in all Terms. If you feel the Governor is not doing enough, You can move to the left and switch states and pay your tax to another Governor.

Lagos city Born and Bred Living off Ewa Goin and Agege Bread. grin
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by ziga: 9:54am On Feb 27, 2010
hardywaltz:

@ Ziga, thanks Old Man, but i don't remember castigating Fashola in my post, as eairlier stated most problems bedeviling Lagos precede Fashola's Governnent, all i'm saying as a political office holder he shouldn't be afraid of criticism and should be subject to accountability checks which they (Politicians) always preach.

Then i guess we saying the same thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A New Vista Of War As Eleme Battle Ogoni / Hillary Clinton & GEJ To Discuss Boko-Haram / Amnesty: Governors Making Progress With Boko-Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.