Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? (32053 Views)

Do We Really Have Guys Like This Nowadays? / "I Can't Settle For Less. If You Don't Have Money Back Off" - Nigerian Woman / Ladies, When You Are Ready To Settle Down, Don't Settle For These Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by refreshrate: 11:03am On Sep 07, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Why do you think everyone lies like you?
Then later you will tell OP not to worry that there are still good men left for her. But your attitude now just show that you don't believe a word of anything you say.
Ergo you have discredited yourself.

Technical adviser can't even spell ego right!

Ta! comot for here!

Did you see me setting P on her?

Use your head no let quest for gold digging wound you.

You will soon come and be bragging about what you have o ...just watch

Which lie did I tell you?

Swear that you're not trying to set P
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nedfed(m): 11:06am On Sep 07, 2017
refreshrate:

Valid ...or let OP take one moment & come down from her high horse and reason this.

What happens (God forbid o) this job that's making her feel untouchable is taken from her?

This right here is the reason no man prays his wife gets more successful than he is.

Once women have money like this something else enters them.
Abi now
U right bro
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Toks2008(m): 11:08am On Sep 07, 2017
missloluwa:
Hey guys,

I'm in my mid 20's and i've been working for a few years now, my current salary is very decent and i'm striving to earn more. Obviously at my age, i'm thinking of the long term which obviously includes my career but i'm also looking forward to and marriage and kids. However, the vast majority of guys i've met are either not ready for the long term, or they're still in their 'struggling' phase.

Is it bad that I want someone who is at least on the same level as me, or maybe even slightly below? Am I a 'gold-digger' because i don't really want to 'eat garri' with a guy before he blows? I've dated these guys before but even till now their level hasn't changed much despite all their talk about potential.

I don't mind having to split the bill once in a while or even contribute but i'm a lady that's used to certain tastes. My family isn't Dangote rich but we're doing quite well, and i'd like to continue living that life or at least not drop too far below. What do you guys think? Do I keep looking for these 'almost/made guys'(can anyone tell me where to find them? lol) or do I settle for a struggler.

How much do you make?

As long as the guy is hard working,not a schrub and he truly desires you,go for it but don't ever be with a man cos of his financial status.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 07, 2017
[quote author=missloluwa post=60200912]Hey guys,

I'm in my mid 20's and i've been working for a few years now, my current salary is very decent and i'm striving to earn more. Obviously at my age, i'm thinking of the long term which obviously includes my career but i'm also looking forward to and marriage and kids. However, the vast majority of guys i've met are either not ready for the long term, or they're still in their 'struggling' phase.

Is it bad that I want someone who is at least on the same level as me, or maybe even slightly below? Am I a 'gold-digger' because i don't really want to 'eat garri' with a guy before he blows? I've dated these guys before but even till now their level hasn't changed much despite all their talk about potential.

I don't mind having to split the bill once in a while or even contribute but i'm a lady that's used to certain tastes. My family isn't Dangote rich but we're doing quite well, and i'd like to continue living that life or at least not drop too far below. What do you guys think? Do I keep looking for these 'almost/made guys'(can anyone tell me where to find them? lol) or do I settle for a struggler.

[I'm available if you are beautiful and will be loyal and have respect for me inspite your average earning.]
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 07, 2017
vuc1:
This story will change in a couple of years.

Only if she'd come back to share. Good or Bad smiley
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 07, 2017
missloluwa:
Hey guys,

A piece of advice for you.

Plan your life as if there is no man. Get as much sex as you can while on it. Great men locate and spot ladies who are not searching easily. Fuckboys can smell desperate ladies a mile away.

5 Likes

Rukkydelta:
Please don't settle for less. I love independent and hardworking ladies like you
[s]Settle for someone within your financial range or someone above
And I will advise you if you are christian[/s] to pray that God should give you a rightful partner
Wishing you all the best sis
which kind kind pastor's daughter advice be dz one?
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Fchristo(m): 11:20am On Sep 07, 2017
missloluwa:
Hey guys,

If you love a guy, you can change him and connect him so long as he is smart. Make sure you are in love with a good guy who has the fear of God in him
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by ariklawani(f): 11:21am On Sep 07, 2017
There are many beautiful ladies out there with good better job that are ready to settle for less,but no man.not a must ur man earn more than u.OK,wait till u enter menopause.
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2017
hedonistic:
This is why I hate the fact that girls are favoured over guys in the job market. Selling their bodies and feminine charms to get good jobs that they're barely qualified for, while better qualified guys roam the streets.

This is the outcome... Unfairly favoured bimbos would now be feeling special and talking about not "settling for less". The effrontery is mind-boggling.

So daft. So those girls that wrote test with you and passed used their body abi? Loser!

It's not the fault of the girls that passed that they were probably smarter, and more articulate at that interview, or better qualified.

@Poster do not settle. There is a reason why most rich marry themselves. If you settle for less, and the person is an insecure heap, like most of the guys on this nairaland. You will regret it, most of them will drag you down, instead of pushing forward, just so that their ego can be maintained.

Also, don't mind broke guys forming love o.
You can only know the true character of a man, when he is doing ok for himself. Take decisions that you will able to live with, and do not apologize for it.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 07, 2017
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 07, 2017
refreshrate:

Technical adviser can't even spell ego right!

Ta! comot for here!

Did you see me setting P on her?

Use your head no let quest for gold digging wound you.

You will soon come and be bragging about what you have o ...just watch

Which lie did I tell you?

Swear that you're not trying to set P

See this guy want correct my English. Anyway I don upload screenshot of the meaning of *ergo*

If you look well you go see say na Google.ae I dey use.
Also check the network label on the topmost left u go see Etisalat an du as my network carriers.

Shebi u body go come down now

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 07, 2017
@Op, I m guessing since you make more money than me, i will love for us to go on jst one date with both of our eyes closed. i m jokily serious
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2017
chronique:

Follow your heart. Nobody should kill you for wanting certain standards and if you have to drop below your current standard, make sure it has to be with someone who has genuine and sincere intentions towards you. That way, you wouldn't be losing too much. I personally, have vowed never to date anybody from a poor background no matter how pretty or sincere the person might appear to be. And the reason is this: from my assessment, most people from such backgrounds are hardly totally honest with you cos there's sometimes, this innate desire to get out of that phase of life and it puts pressure on them to do things they really shouldn't be doing. Sometimes, it's as a result of peer pressure. People who come from average of rich backgrounds hardly ever feel the urge to impress a lot of people even if they fall and the simple reason is cos, they have been there before. It's usually not a very easy decision but I still believe people should not marry out of their social status. Average/semi-rich should marry themselves. Semi-rich/very rich should marry themselves. The poor and extremely poor should marry themselves cos it's easier for them to understand themselves since they are from similar backgrounds. The poor often don't think about too much other than let's eat today, make babies and just live life as it comes. Over the holidays, I saw people living in single rooms/room and parlour, tying big ram and cattle in front of their houses just to celebrate sallah and I got peeved. That kind of mentality would hamper a partner who's from the background where they are always thinking of investment and how to turn the next kobo to a few nairas. So, there would always be a clash of ideology. But to everything, there's always an exception but your chances of meeting that exception, might be very slim.

I respect your view....We poor people should marry ourselves. And you the rich should marry yourselves.

It makes perfect sense until you started judging everyone of us. If every party in a pool is gonna earn a reputation for what what a small minority/majority do, I wonder what the world will be like.

People like you are one extra reason why broke nigga like us want to "make it" so bad.

4 Likes

Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 07, 2017
chronique:

Follow your heart. Nobody should kill you for wanting certain standards and if you have to drop below your current standard, make sure it has to be with someone who has genuine and sincere intentions towards you. That way, you wouldn't be losing too much. I personally, have vowed never to date anybody from a poor background no matter how pretty or sincere the person might appear to be. And the reason is this: from my assessment, most people from such backgrounds are hardly totally honest with you cos there's sometimes, this innate desire to get out of that phase of life and it puts pressure on them to do things they really shouldn't be doing. Sometimes, it's as a result of peer pressure. People who come from average of rich backgrounds hardly ever feel the urge to impress a lot of people even if they fall and the simple reason is cos, they have been there before. It's usually not a very easy decision but I still believe people should not marry out of their social status. Average/semi-rich should marry themselves. Semi-rich/very rich should marry themselves. The poor and extremely poor should marry themselves cos it's easier for them to understand themselves since they are from similar backgrounds. The poor often don't think about too much other than let's eat today, make babies and just live life as it comes. Over the holidays, I saw people living in single rooms/room and parlour, tying big ram and cattle in front of their houses just to celebrate sallah and I got peeved. That kind of mentality would hamper a partner who's from the background where they are always thinking of investment and how to turn the next kobo to a few nairas. So, there would always be a clash of ideology. But to everything, there's always an exception but your chances of meeting that exception, might be very slim.

I respect your view....We poor people should marry ourselves. And you the rich should marry yourselves.

It makes perfect sense until you started.....

People like you are one extra reason why broke nigga like us want to "make it" so bad.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by gnykelly(m): 11:40am On Sep 07, 2017
missloluwa:
Hey guys,

take this from a young man in your age grade don't settle for less. life will always bring that which you seek to you. don't follow the banal advice of 'your anty is now 34. stop being selective'. raise your standard and stick to it but don't carry your problem like gala. once a man sense desperation they run.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by refreshrate: 11:41am On Sep 07, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

See this guy want correct my English. Anyway I don upload screenshot of the meaning of *ergo*

If you look well you go see say na Google.ae I dey use.
Also check the network label on the topmost left u go see Etisalat an du as my network carriers.

Shebi u body go come down now

Bros what you pasted here how does it come into context with how you used it in your earlier statement?

That's one...

Two, etisalat is singular in this context (lord knows I don't know why you had to bring that here) so it should be *carrier* not *carriers*

You think you're talking to omo jakande school ni?

...continue disgracing yourself
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by futurism: 11:44am On Sep 07, 2017
missloluwa:
Hey guys,

It is a good thing. Do not mind anyone who says otherwise. Keep the bar high and do not let the Nigerian Marriage disease destroy your dream. There are men who is at the level you want but sadly, they are hard to come by because lots of women flock around them and that makes you competing for their attention.

On second thought, if you meet a guy who has great potential but doesn't have the level you want and you know he won't abuse a privileged leverage, you can help him up... but be VERY SURE you know him well and that he wouldn't change after you help him o.
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 07, 2017
refreshrate:

Bros what you pasted here how does it come into context with how you used it in your earlier statement?

That's one...

Two, etisalat is singular in this context (lord knows I don't know why you had to bring that here) so it should be *carrier* not *carriers*

Ergo WAS used in the right context actually. You were wrong. Apologize, or ignore and move on. We mustn't drag everything.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by refreshrate: 11:48am On Sep 07, 2017
Reasonabledoubt:

Ergo WAS used in the right context actually. You were wrong. Apologize, or ignore and move on. We mustn't drag everything.

Shut up nobody called you here
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 07, 2017
refreshrate:

That's one...

Here it is as a reminder.
Now tell me how its out of context.

I've also included du home page shot. So when I used *carriers* I mean
1. Etisalat
2. Du

So either you don't know what you're talking about, in which case you should try and learn more, or you're just trolling, which is fine with me.

Na you Sabi. I no go reply you again

Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 07, 2017
refreshrate:

Shut up nobody called you here

Lol...this is why you didn't know that it was used in the right context.

Because you do not like to learn. I will leave you to swim in your ignorance.
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by refreshrate: 11:55am On Sep 07, 2017
Reasonabledoubt:

Lol...this is why you didn't know that it was used in the right context.

Because you do not like to learn. I will leave you to swim in your ignorance.

Oga shut upu oooo
Dem no call you for the matter
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by danjndalye(m): 11:57am On Sep 07, 2017
Well you don't need to struggle too much to get your guy, you can only discover him,. For the first time you meet up with your dream guy you will certainly feel different around his shoulder, I advise you to go extra mile with him for better understanding.

Nevertheless I'm looking for an average lady sha. But still hunting and wanting
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by jaychubi: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
I can already imagine your mouth twisted by poverty! When was the last time you ate a real meal? Why's her choice paining you so much? Look at this wretched and broke ass fool looking for a rich babe. You'll not go and work hard and make something out of your miserable and useless life! SmellyPig
And not everyone sTarted out poor. I'm sure you're one of those lazy, indolent dolts that stay in bed all day jerking off to porn and imagining "blowing", while screaming "Oluwa bless my hustle". God doesn't bless redundant masturbators. Be a man and work hard and live an okay life, maybe then you'll be able to have an opinion when relevant people are talking.

Chai see finishing, babe u harsh ooo shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by OTEGA1: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2017
Web Lacie's begin to make money they begin to feel been with a man is an option not a necessity while ladies without money c men as a necessity for their survival..
However in a world ruled by the choices we make I prefer op to keep searching or not make men a priority now till she cross 30.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by futurism: 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2017
NairaSand:

It makes perfect sense until you started.....

Don't feel bad about his words. He has point.
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by bayulll011(m): 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
missloluwa:
Hey guys,

u are not expecting much.

i respects your view,but with cautions cos those who dont have today can get loads tomorrow.

its a dicey world,and things can change,and here i am looking for someone like this.

if u dont mind.
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by jaychubi: 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
Rorachy:
I assure you, I cant even hit even 25 without getting married and I still won't marry less.

When I say settle for less, it doesn't mean that I am planning to marry a very rich man.

I have my standards and am not lowering it for anyone.

Goodluck there it's ur life make d most of it
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by jaychubi: 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
Rorachy:
I assure you, I cant even hit even 25 without getting married and I still won't marry less.

When I say settle for less, it doesn't mean that I am planning to marry a very rich man.

I have my standards and am not lowering it for anyone.

Goodluck dearie it's ur life make d most of it
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
jaychubi:

Goodluck dearie it's ur life make d most of it
Thanks dear.
Re: I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? by bencarson007(m): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
missloluwa:
Hey guys,

Only you know what you are looking for!
I read your post and I saw you are looking for the long haul in the present.
Not possible.
If you are looking for someone who would be with you for the long haul, stop being choosy about standards and be open minded and guys will come flocking around.
When they come, look for sincerity and ambition even if the person is a driver (invest in the dude). There are guys with potentials but have no ambition. So watch where you step.
Lastly, 90% of made/almost made guys had someone who stood by them. So you can and take another woman's man overnight. God make your own (no offense please).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kenyan Family Advertises Single Son On Facebook, See Requirements For Marriage / She Wants To Ruin Me / Sensational Photos Of This Yoga Couple Are Currently Trending Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.