Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. (35692 Views)

These Is Breaking Me,i Need Someone To Talk To!!! / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / The Tragic Story Of How A White Girl Being Born Black Tore A Family Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nancy2016: 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:

apart feom his monthly salary, whixh camt be accounted for i think mumcy pushed him out am a guy too i cant be blind to d truth kus i love my mum.

What about the illegitimate child? Isn't that a constant reminder that your father broke his marital vows? Do you think that is something easy to forgive? What does he do with his salary? Probably spend it on other women. Before you remove the speck from your mother's eye, you should remove the log from your dad's.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Juzzybabe(f): 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
The reason I am raising a kid all alone now is because i married a man who have a mother just like yours(Only difference is she never bought a car from her bread business. cheesy )

I can imagine the kind of advice she will install in you when you get married and decides to bring her into your marriage.
Let's call a spill a spill. You seems closer to your mum but can't help the attitude she gives to dad, so i believe all you've said.

You can only talk to both of them and if no yielding, call an elder they both respect. Mind you, self pride is the worst thing that can happen to man. I don't see your mum coming o terms with your dad. If we must face reality, I will say call someone they both regard to talk to them, if no result, then just leave them alone and remain prayerful until a miracle and happens.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by HaneefahRN(f): 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
The only questions I have is what your Dad does with his 400K monthly salary?
Why should your mum be the one to get a car for your Dad, he isn't jobless, if he needs a car he should get one for himself.
Why is she the one picking up 80% of the bills when your Dad receives 400K monthly but never seems to have any money? What does he do with his money?
If what she said was true, she will surely feel more pressured to stay financially buoyant plus have they always been like that? Some women take the focus on your work and children route when they are being emotionally dealt with in marriage.

I don't know why you are concentrating on your mum as the bad one when clearly they both have issues.
Your dad isn't the Saint you are painting him to be and you are crazily biased.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ezniteadin:

What you have just described is the prevalent circumstances in most home, women have gone besirck, the modern world have increased the demonic influences around the homes and most women are actually more possessed

They may go to church but not because they love God
The unregeneted heart is actually a heart possessed with demons but they call it other name
Pride is one evidence of demonic possession, it eventually results in rebellion, some of its attendants are anger and bitterness, revenge, unforgiveness

When you see a woman who behave in such manner, it is indicative of deep spiritual problems and a home with these manifestation is not likely to succeed

Only and only when a man (generic) is truly born again can he begin to learn obedience according to the word of God
Your dads patience is commendable that is how to handle such rebellion but you have a demonic situation in hand with what you describe
1 Samuel 15:23 "Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft"

Shut Up.

5 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by eyinjuege: 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
AFONAMARO:

Never said she should hand over the keys to the hubby, neither did I say the man is responsible. But let's not preach what we can't do in our individual homes.
I bet you can't behave like the wife in your matrimonial home.

As for the wife showing off which you are supporting, my car and properties have me and my wife's names on it. I did not mean mr and mrs, my first name, her first name and our surname is on all the documents. So forgive me if I see it as unusual for her to be making known that it's her personal property.

I trust you equally read were the son said he was instructed my his mom not to allow his dad use the car. When there are issues or differences at home, let's keep the kids out of it, rather than teaching them hatred and bad blood.

I don't see a car as such a valuable to attach so much sentiments to. That's me personally.
The only reason she probably instructed her son not to allow his father drive the car she bought with her money is so that he doesn't carry his new baby mama and child in it.
I feel that's fair enough, as most people will not want their wives to carry her lovers in a car they bought for her.
So it's not really about turning the OP against his father.
Allowing the father drive her car (and he'll definitely carry his new family in it) is just like rubbing salt/pepper on a fresh wound.
The Ops mother has her blames, but so does the father.
The only reason the OP still has any respect for his father is because his mother is successful enough to meet all his needs, so he has never really experienced any lack.
If all his mother's hustles didn't pay off, and he's had to struggle to feed, clothe, pay school fees despite his father earning reasonably well I'm very sure he would probably be saying a different story about his dad.
Like I said, hunger is no man's friend, and those who struggled with irresponsible parents are the best to give an objective view of this. I see a lot of threads on NL attesting to such.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by ayokellany: 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:
Your father is the problem here not your mother. How old are you ? You father I must confess is a very irresponsible man if he truly earn 400K monthly and your mom still need to foot any bill. It does not matter if she's richer or not. She should be allowed to live her while your father can continue fornicating at his old age I beg. That's the only viable solution for the two of them.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Filmdirect: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
eyinjuege:

I don't see a car as such a valuable to attach so much sentiments to. That's me personally.
The only reason she probably instructed her son not to allow his father drive the car she bought with her money is so that he doesn't carry his new baby mama and child in it.
I feel that's fair enough, as most people will not want their wives to carry her lovers in a car they bought for her.
So it's not really about turning the OP against his father.
Allowing the father drive her car (and he'll definitely carry his new family in it) is just like rubbing salt/pepper on a fresh wound.
The Ops mother has her blames, but so does the father.
The only reason the OP still has any respect for his father is because his mother is successful enough to meet all his needs, so he has never really experienced any lack.
If all his mother's hustles didn't pay off, and he's had to struggle to feed, clothe, pay school fees despite his father earning reasonably well I'm very sure he would probably be saying a different story about his dad.
Like I said, hunger is no man's friend, and those who struggled with irresponsible parents are the best to give an objective view of this. I see a lot of threads on NL attesting to such.

Honestly i am shocked at the number of Nigerian men that are covered by their wives. I just never knew this, but honestly i have now seen a lot of homes and men showing off that are really not the bread winners and are using their wives money to feel manly. What i have noticed is that some cultures in Nigeria really frown on divorce or leaving and so the women just deal with it. I mean strong looking, handsome and vibrant men! I'm amazed.

5 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by shyman(m): 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
grafixdon:

You're a man and you're talking this way. I pity u. How do you know he 'shy' away from his responsibilities? I'm sure that man is trying his best for his family but you can never satisfy women, he can still afford good car with 400k monthly salary yet he has none. If you like cut ur head for women, they will still complain. That woman has completely destroyed her husband ego, the man needs to quit the marriage to get his sanity back.
If the woman is responsible, even if she's super rich than the husband nobody would notice.

Nobody would notice if there's understanding between them. Epileptic communication amongst couples is the major ingredients to marital challenges...

Everyone has allotted blames to all parties... i wont do that..
My verdict, the family needs time apart for a while with the right mindset.
he's sober, which means he wants the good old days back... He can start by calling regularly while away, celebrating birthdays and anniversaries. He needs to buy a CAR too. take care of himself, double his hustle.
Competitions are healthy.
@BrotherJesu, U have to be neutral.. remind them of the good memories they shared... Spice things up
For instance, " Mum, dads been calling.... I think he's in love again"...
Plan a dinner date for them both after a while...
I like the part where you said you are a man...so I'm sure you know what to do...
As for your mum...She's still a woman....Soft inside..
She craves for what every woman wants...
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by spyder880(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Maybe your Dad hired Spyder880 to secretly build a mansion in the village for you guys and was going to surprise your mum.

Well, the side chick and your step sibling will live in there now.

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by nairanaira12: 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:
My mum is very beautiful, and successful yoruba woman but dosent regard her husband a bit,
Trouble got out hands when she got her first car and her husband who is an engineer doesnt have one yet,she then became pompous and over protective of the car that even those around; church and family knew that popxy doesnt own the car. Mumc is an established fashion designer and holds several positions in Nigerian Union ofTailors, as a result of this she comes home very late not givin any excus. As time goes by she stopped cooking him as she is always busy with work or travelling on state sponsored trips she does not bother to notify her husband whenever she is travelling.
There was a day i was so angry kus even my friends have started to take note and it becoming embarrasing, so i spoke with her, while talking she broke down in tears, she said she is the one responsible for 80 percent of the house expenses that popcy recieves 400k monthly bt always complaining of bin broke, she said other things i cant really type here.
This went own for a long time, they soon became enemies in the same house everyone going there way doing things differently, admist all these popsy has never rised his voice on her even when mumcy somethings did very annoing stuffs.
In the heat of this, popsy impregnated another babe although i have never seen the woman nor the child since birth which is close to two years. He apologised and promised to never bring them to interfere in our lives.
However this literary set our house on fire. While mumc was gettin over the haertbraek, she promised to get back at him which i didnt undesrand then.
Early this year, mumc bought 2 cars at ones, i was very surprised as she normally tell me her moves, she gave me one while she uses the other one. What broke myy hear was that she kept the one she was using before under cover when i asked her why she didnt allow popxy have that one she said she he should go buy his own and warned me that the day she will see him use my car na problem .
For sometime now she has been joking about moving us out of the country without his knowlege.
Popxy right now has facilitated his tramsfer to delta state.
Now they dont even see neida do they communicate again
the whole thing is driving me insane as i dont see popman coming to the house again pls guys help a brother what do i do
excuse my typo and coherence.

The way you even refer to your parents is disgusting Mumc popman undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
larrypourl:
You all blaming d woman continue ooo,when you get there you'll understand how it feels.

Your dad isn't responsible and sorry if that statement hurts you. I'm a man and once you refuse to take up your responsibilities as a man without been handicapped in terms of finance and others then you've failed and you'll begin to loose it gradually till it explode as the case of your family. For Christ sake what's your dad doing with 400k monthly without including his family in his plans that your mum will have to cater for 80% of your family running cost.

My brother just be thankful to God your mum have u children at heart and bought you guys car for family movement just to cover up your dad's inadequacies and taking up responsibilities meant for him.

You complained of mum not cooking for him again, when a woman happened to be the bread winner of a family, you as the man must face your ego and try supporting her because you don't expect her to return from long trips and then rush to the kitchen and like you said she now moves on state sponsored trips, all your dad needs is to support and look out for ways of making money through her by persuading her to connect him with contracts and tap from other opportunities if he had kept his ego thou. and to make matter worse he impregnated someone again, no matter the forgiving spirit in her,she'll never forget because her efforts in trying to make the family live comfortably had been shattered with that singular act and so she'll feel there's no need updating your dad about her movements and plans anymore. Trust isn't built overnight and may be difficult to fix once it's compromised.

Carry your dad with the car and when she complains let her understand he's your father and you're responsible to both of them. I'm sure she won't want to loose you as d only child.
Why you no go carry your papa if u see meet am for road.?

My advice for you is to manage the relationship between your dad and mum with wisdom so you don't loose all, don't be biased, and be objective enough in your thinking.

Enjoy the rest of your day and manage my typo or grammatical errors as I dey rush type grin

If a son or daughter is blaming one of the parent for the problem at home
95% the person the son or daughter is blaming is the cause of the problem
don't be fooled
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
Filmdirect:

Honestly i am shocked at the number of Nigerian men that are covered by their wives. I just never knew this, but honestly i have now seen a lot of homes and men showing off that are really not the bread winners and are using their wives money to feel manly. What i have noticed is that some cultures in Nigeria really frown on divorce or leaving and so the women just deal with it. I mean strong looking, handsome and vibrant men! I'm amazed.

we are not living in 1960
Women are getting good education and having their business
so it is 2017
Women can marry their money

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nancy2016:

What about the illegitimate child? Isn't that a constant reminder that your father broke his marital vows? Do you think that is something easy to forgive? What does he do with his salary? Probably spend it on other women. Before you remove the speck from your mother's eye, you should remove the log from your dad's.
The man is treated like nobodyin the house
MAYBE the wife stop sleeping with him or treat him like trash
Other woman might be the one that listen to all is problem at home and take the presure off him
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Debbime(f): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
My dear, sorry about what u are going through, but truth be told, this marriage may have just broken down irrevocably except Christ intervenes. The way I see it, popsy was stingy, mumcy became rich and rubbed it all over popman. popman seeked validation outside and got a child, mum feels seriously scorned.

Hmmmm, please prepare ur mind for anything while trying to make them talk and reconcile.

BrotherJesu:
My mum is very beautiful, and successful yoruba woman but dosent regard her husband a bit,
Trouble got out hands when she got her first car and her husband who is an engineer doesnt have one yet,she then became pompous and over protective of the car that even those around; church and family knew that popxy doesnt own the car. Mumc is an established fashion designer and holds several positions in Nigerian Union ofTailors, as a result of this she comes home very late not givin any excus. As time goes by she stopped cooking him as she is always busy with work or travelling on state sponsored trips she does not bother to notify her husband whenever she is travelling.
There was a day i was so angry kus even my friends have started to take note and it becoming embarrasing, so i spoke with her, while talking she broke down in tears, she said she is the one responsible for 80 percent of the house expenses that popcy recieves 400k monthly bt always complaining of bin broke, she said other things i cant really type here.
This went own for a long time, they soon became enemies in the same house everyone going there way doing things differently, admist all these popsy has never rised his voice on her even when mumcy somethings did very annoing stuffs.
In the heat of this, popsy impregnated another babe although i have never seen the woman nor the child since birth which is close to two years. He apologised and promised to never bring them to interfere in our lives.
However this literary set our house on fire. While mumc was gettin over the haertbraek, she promised to get back at him which i didnt undesrand then.
Early this year, mumc bought 2 cars at ones, i was very surprised as she normally tell me her moves, she gave me one while she uses the other one. What broke myy hear was that she kept the one she was using before under cover when i asked her why she didnt allow popxy have that one she said she he should go buy his own and warned me that the day she will see him use my car na problem .
For sometime now she has been joking about moving us out of the country without his knowlege.
the whole thing is driving me insane as i dont see popman coming to the house again pls guys help a brother what do i do

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by cococandy(f): 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
Your dad was using his 409k salary to finance his mistresses/concubines. Now one had a child for him.
Yes somehow your mom was supposed to be the bread winner, home keeper and stil bow down to him and his wandering peenis.

If your mom is serious about traveling abroad make sure you support her and if you have any siblings under 18 they can benefit from that by going along with her automatically.

If you really love your mom, you wouldn't want her slaving away for your father and his mistress/es to enjoy. God forbid one of them kills her, you will see how fast his total loyalty will shift to the new pucci and the children that came from there. Don't be your own enemy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nancy2016: 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

The man is treated like nobodyin the house
MAYBE the wife stop sleeping with him or treat him like trash
Other woman might be the one that listen to all is problem at home and take the presure off him

All what you said are "maybes". There is no evidence that is what happened and even if the wife stopped sleeping with him, he could have filed for divorce, instead of impregnating another woman.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
cococandy:
Your dad was using his 409k salary to finance his mistresses/concubines. Now one had a child for him.
Yes somehow your mom was supposed to be the bread winner, home keeper and stil bow down to him and his wandering peenis.

If your mom is serious about traveling abroad make sure you support her and if you have any siblings under 18 they can benefit from that by going along with her automatically.

If you really love your mom, you wouldn't want her slaving away for your father and his mistress/es to enjoy. God forbid one of them kills her, you will see how fast his total loyalty will shift to the new pucci and the children that came from there. Don't be your own enemy.

Do u know, if the man had the mistress/es after the wife started to treat him like trash?
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nancy2016:

All what you said are "maybes". There is no evidence that is what happened and even if the wife stopped sleeping with him, he could have filed for divorce, instead of impregnating another woman.
when you travel a path
You will have more understanding of life
Experiences is the best teacher
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nancy2016:

The son made it clear that his mother don't have respect for her husband
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by cococandy(f): 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
You don't even know half of it cool
Filmdirect:

3 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
Marriage is not about bread winners
But a team that work together for a better family
If you love your money , please marry your money
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by eyinjuege: 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
Filmdirect:

I've seen more than enough

That's why I'm surprised when the e-warriors on NL keep insulting Nigerian women. Don't they see what I see almost everywhere? Are they so oblivious of what Nigerian women contribute to the homes?
It's not even a big deal, as I believe couples should protect each other and look after one another, for the common good.
The problems start to arise when they're no longer on the same page, and one starts feeling cheated..

3 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nancy2016: 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

when you travel a path
You will have more understanding of life
Experiences is the best teacher

Bla bla bla. How do you know what path I have travelled?

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by dhabeautyjas(f): 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:

First and foremost, ur mum isn't telling u everything. If dad earns 400k, why did he leave d running of d house to mum?

Most women over protect their husband, so they get very disappointed and misbehave when pushed to the wall. But as its a man's world in Africa, the men will come playing victim. If u allow ur mum to tell u the full story, u may diswn ur dad. Seen lots of women in this shoe

3 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by eyinjuege: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Thereby making the man seem weak before others? Two becomes one.

The problem with Nigerians is that we worship wealth too much, and equate wealth with respect. That's why the likes of Evans will always be amongst us.
Why would you say a man is weak because he couldn't afford to buy a car, and his wife is able to? That's a wrong mindset to carry about o.
There's more to life than money. There are a lot of values a man can carry than wealth please.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
eyinjuege:

I've seen more than enough

That's why I'm surprised when the e-warriors on NL keep insulting Nigerian women. Don't they see what I see almost everywhere? Are they so oblivious of what Nigerian women contribute to the homes?
It's not even a big deal, as I believe couples should protect each other and look after one another, for the common good.
The problems start to arise when they're no longer on the same page, and one starts feeling cheated..

Great point
sometime money getting in people's head
In Nigeria there is still the mentality If the man make less
the man still have to carry the whole problem in is head
because he make less , he is less than a man
Marriage is a team -- "IT IS WE"
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Adaumunocha(f): 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
eyinjuege:

The problem with Nigerians is that we worship wealth too much, and equate wealth with respect. That's why the likes of Evans will always be amongst us.
Why would you say a man is weak because he couldn't afford to buy a car, and his wife is able to? That's a wrong mindset to carry about o.
There's more to life than money. There a lot of values a man can carry than wealth please.
You don't get the gist. I seriously don't see myself driving a car and my husband trekking it! Impossible. Won't have anyone laugh at my family. Mind you the wife bought 3 Cars o...
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nancy2016:

Bla bla bla. How do you know what path I have travelled?

NO
You are young
The more experiences you get the more open minded you become
life is sometime a bitch
Make yourself happy is the goal for all individuals
All the decision we make has a price
Men and women must be willing to pay that price
You can cheat yourself of happiness , If you are not willing to pay that price
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by eyinjuege: 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
You don't get the gist. I seriously don't see myself driving a car and my husband trekking it! Impossible. Won't have anyone laugh at my family. Mind you the wife bought 3 Cars o...

My dear, that's if your husband hasn't impregnated another woman outside.
Who will want their spouse who stabbed them in the back to carry his lover in a car she bought with her money?
Do you really expect the love for her husband to be that strong especially since he not only had an affair, but came home with A1 score? A child from another woman.
Please reason this n.a., she's also human

6 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Adaumunocha(f): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
eyinjuege:

My dear, that's if your husband hasn't impregnated another woman outside.
Who will want their spouse who stabbed them in the back to carry his lover in a car she bought with her money?
Do you really expect the love for her husband to be that strong especially since he not only had an affair, but came home with A1 score? A child from another woman.
Please reason this n.a., she's also human
Thought she had the cars before he impregnated another woman. Anyway, may God shield us away from such spouse.

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Bablo08(m): 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bro dough i am not perfect, something seems fishy in dis ur story, sorry i am being rude. Talk to ur mom ask her why she's like dat she is ur mother perhaps u'll understand what is really behind dis fraca of theirs. Thank u cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Missing Person In Port Harcourt: Who Has Seen This Woman? (Pictures) / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples / 2 Out Of 3 Kids Are Not Mine - Man Married For 12 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.