Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. (35747 Views)

These Is Breaking Me,i Need Someone To Talk To!!! / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / The Tragic Story Of How A White Girl Being Born Black Tore A Family Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

the man shouldn't have done that wrong
what are other factor that might have led he to the outside
Life is a bitch
we all need God in our lives
if the roles were reversed there is a higher chance that the wife would have stayed in her own marriage only insteadbof playing awaymatch. Imagine how men feel when women allow them raise a child that isnt theirs, it is exactly the same thing.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

we know he make 400k
but what is the expensive
it is not about what you make but what you spend that is what i tell people
I know better
you still havent proved anything, just repeated what the op said
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

You young and you are thinking one way
If you not seeing people marry to big banker
year down the road things change the banker might loss his job
but if he is a smart man set up business for the wife that if he loss his job
the wife can carry on
oh about that,smart people marry smart people i am sure if the man loses his job he would bounce right back up
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by NwaGodl1000(m): 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
Boldly tell your mum how bad you feel about her action over your dad. if not , remember that someday you will also be a father and will expect that from your kid if your wife mishaves

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Phi001(m): 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
We have heard the son's side of the story, we need the mother's side and the father's side of the story too.

Piecing all three together, we can get a somewhat unbiased and true story.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
fuckupnation:
Every body in this forum has spoken very well, BUT THIS IS exactly what am seeing in my 3 years marriage right now, we don't have children yet and am seeing this kind or pride from my Igbo lady that brought up in Yoruba land am a Yoruba. her pride is over because she have small money in her hand, she don't see me as a man unless during sex, after sex you become ordinary in her eyes. But i thank God that my incomes is greater than her own, even her mother is in the house now advising her to change but it sees to no way, am planing that she will leave my house with her mother tomorrow morning. My advise is that your father sees that your mum was like that and hope she will change after she have children's. not knowing it will be worst after, if not because of you kids your father know what to do.
Very touching... Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by saheedbadmus(m): 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
I av seen stupid response on this topic..even does that can't control dere gfs are blaming d man..its not his fault..op didn't tell us wat his dad does with his salary..wen u av a rich man around 100 poor men he is equally poor..sibling responsibility myt be affecting him..your mum should be the one to sit him down and talk to him like a responsible wife and not be a pain in the ass..the way she treated him made the poor man seek love else were..she myt not even allow him torch her anymore and you expect the poor man not to av a mistress..

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by delpee(f): 11:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
Sad story if entirely true.

@Op
You need to let your mum know that bitterness isn't good for her health. You should Google topics on Forgiveness or forgiveness therapy for clarity. It's been proven scientifically. She's going to great lengths to revenge but it's not necessary.

I admire her for building a good career to uphold the family. A decent and diligent woman doesn't need to fight a man who refuses to be responsible at home for whatever reason. You simply take the bull by the horns and do all you can to see that you and the children don't suffer. However, disrespecting your dad won't solve any problem. If he considered his mistress important, he may not apologise. It was probably a genuine "mistake" arising from loneliness and a battered ego.

You need to find out why he doesn't contribute sufficiently towards the running of the home. Apart from his mistress or before the mistress came along, what was his problem? He couldn't have been spending all his salary on his family when he knows he has to look after his nuclear family albeit with his wife's support. His not having a car is baffling if indeed he earns that much.

I pray that you're able to resolve the issues soon. Mum is hurting badly and venting her anger in a way that's not so helpful. You flaunting a car as your dad treks is demeaning. Your father's blessing is important. His relationship with you is different from what he has with his wife. She shouldn't provoke unnecessary curses on her kids out of bitterness. Talk to respectable elders known to the two parties if all else fails.

May God bring back peace, joy and progress for all to your home. Amen
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by JhyMedex: 12:42am On Sep 19, 2017
prestigiouslady:

Apology doesn't erase the deed
Wat den will erase the deed.. he shld hunt down d oda woman n her child n murder dem both?..
Am nt in any way tryna condone Wat he did..
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Men af suffered..

Your mother gave you a car and instructed you not to allow your father drive it? You even agreed with a smile on your face?

I am sure your sons will be proud of you when they hear the story.

Anyway, it's best your father leave the house, you guys have embarrassed and humiliated him enough. I am very sure that it was due to the misconduct of your mom that he got another mistress.

Guy your head dey there.....
The op is the crux of the whole thing. Collecting the car finished the dad. If I be him papa I won't forgive him.....ever....
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:58am On Sep 19, 2017
cummando:

Guy your head dey there.....
The op is the crux of the whole thing. Collecting the car finished the dad. If I be him papa I won't forgive him.....ever....
I shake my head at guys that are lashing at the man.

Imagine his mother claiming she spent 80% of house needs, bros if you investigate properly you may be shocked to find out that it was pure lies to make her husband appear irresponsible. If I may ask, when did she started making so much money? Has she been on money before the OP was born? If no, when did she start and who was taking care of bills prior to when she started making her money?

All I see is a family where the wife think money has made her goddess. She disrespect a gentleman, insult him at will, go out on trips (only God knows the real secret) without even the honor of informing the man yet the man kept his cool. Because nature abhors vacuum, he found solace in a better and more responsible woman and impregnate her. Being a gentleman he regretted his deeds and apologised to the person that pushed him away yet her misbehavior tripled.

She bought car and humiliated him publicly, bought more cars and used his own son to humiliate him. Yet, the gentleman kept his cool.

The man is a real man... Leaving the house for the woman and her son is the best.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I shake my head at guys that are lashing at the man.

Imagine his mother claiming she spent 80% of house needs, bros if you investigate properly you may be shocked to find out that it was pure lies to make her husband appear irresponsible. If I may ask, when did she started making so much money? Has she been on money before the OP was born? If no, when did she start and who was taking care of bills prior to when she started making her money?

All I see is a family where the wife think money has made her goddess. She disrespect a gentleman, insult him at will, go out on trips (only God knows the real secret) without even the honor of informing the man yet the man kept his cool. Because nature abhors vacuum, he found solace in a better and more responsible woman and impregnate her. Being a gentleman he regretted his deeds and apologised to the person that pushed him away yet her misbehavior tripled.

She bought car and humiliated him publicly, bought more cars and used his own son to humiliate him. Yet, the gentleman kept his cool.

The man is a real man... Leaving the house for the woman and her son is the best.
I agree with you brother.....
Respect
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 1:38am On Sep 19, 2017
funmisticqueen:
you still havent proved anything, just repeated what the op said
prove what?
that he make 400k but we don't know his expensive

Like the cost of school fee and rent
if he is working on building a house
or part of his 400k is paying up land
If he has family and younger brothers/sister he is helping through college
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Crativjosh(m): 1:40am On Sep 19, 2017
98% sure your mum is also having or had an affair.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 1:43am On Sep 19, 2017
funmisticqueen:
oh about that,smart people marry smart people i am sure if the man loses his job he would bounce right back up
Really
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Mocalypse: 1:45am On Sep 19, 2017
Most of the guys lashing the man for his actions should think very well, because the moment your wife discovers her clit is stronger than your two balls you are finished as a man. grin
Most of the comments above show how we worship wealth and luxury in this part of the world.
The man was able to cater for his family all along until mamma started balling and went haywire because of power, Money and fame.
Some of us asking what has the man done with his salary couldn't not phantom the fact that N400,000 is not much considering mama's penchant for luxury. Factors like location, expenses, scale of preference should be taken into consideration.
The same N400,000 could give that man rest of mind and control with his new family, the sole reason he moved out of that house. Despite the corrugated bribes from the Op's mum he still reiterated that the mum started this inferno, that shows there is more to this story thus he confirmed it that he wouldn't be able to write them all.
Just like the proverbial metamorphosis of a caterpillar to butterfly, the woman had a home when she had little but lost her home now that she has more because she couldn't handle wealth, fame, power and family simultaneously.
Lastly, there is no Me and I in marriage rather Us and We. when the essence of a thing is not known abuse is inevitable.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 1:55am On Sep 19, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Mocalypse:
Most of the guys lashing the man for his actions should think very well, because the moment your wife discovers her clit is stronger than your two balls you are finished as a man. grin
Most of the comments above show how we worship wealth and luxury in this part of the world.
The man was able to cater for his family all along until mamma started balling and went haywire because of power, Money and fame.
Some of us asking what has the man done with his salary couldn't not phantom the[b] fact that N400,000 is not much considering mama's penchant for luxury. Factors like location, expenses, scale of preference should be taken into consideration.[/b]
The same N400,000 could give that man rest of mind and control with his new family, the sole reason he moved out of that house. Despite the corrugated bribes from the Op's mum he still reiterated that the mum started this inferno, that shows there is more to this story thus he confirmed it that he wouldn't be able to write them all.
Just like the proverbial metamorphosis of a caterpillar to butterfly, the woman had a home when she had little but lost her home now that she has more because she couldn't handle wealth, fame, power and family simultaneously.
Lastly, there is no Me and I in marriage rather Us and We. when the essence of a thing is not known abuse is inevitable.

@funmisticqueen:

"fact that N400,000 is not much considering mama's penchant for luxury. Factors like location, expenses, scale of preference should be taken into consideration."
"there is no Me and I in marriage rather Us and We. when the essence of a thing is not known abuse is inevitable."
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Kelvin1019: 3:05am On Sep 19, 2017
All this yoruba family self... � � �
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by 9inches(m): 4:34am On Sep 19, 2017
BrotherJesu:
My mum is very beautiful, and successful yoruba woman but dosent regard her husband a bit,
Trouble got out hands when she got her first car and her husband who is an engineer doesnt have one yet,she then became pompous and over protective of the car that even those around; church and family knew that popxy doesnt own the car. Mumc is an established fashion designer and holds several positions in Nigerian Union ofTailors, as a result of this she comes home very late not givin any excus. As time goes by she stopped cooking him as she is always busy with work or travelling on state sponsored trips she does not bother to notify her husband whenever she is travelling.
There was a day i was so angry kus even my friends have started to take note and it becoming embarrasing, so i spoke with her, while talking she broke down in tears, she said she is the one responsible for 80 percent of the house expenses that popcy recieves 400k monthly bt always complaining of bin broke, she said other things i cant really type here.
This went own for a long time, they soon became enemies in the same house everyone going there way doing things differently, admist all these popsy has never rised his voice on her even when mumcy somethings did very annoing stuffs.
In the heat of this, popsy impregnated another babe although i have never seen the woman nor the child since birth which is close to two years. He apologised and promised to never bring them to interfere in our lives.
However this literary set our house on fire. While mumc was gettin over the haertbraek, she promised to get back at him which i didnt undesrand then.
Early this year, mumc bought 2 cars at ones, i was very surprised as she normally tell me her moves, she gave me one while she uses the other one. What broke myy hear was that she kept the one she was using before under cover when i asked her why she didnt allow popxy have that one she said she he should go buy his own and warned me that the day she will see him use my car na problem .
For sometime now she has been joking about moving us out of the country without his knowlege.
Popxy right now has facilitated his tramsfer to delta state.
Now they dont even see neida do they communicate again
the whole thing is driving me insane as i dont see popman coming to the house again pls guys help a brother what do i do
excuse my typo and coherence.

Simple, tell your mum to give her life to Christ. That's the ultimate solution.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Skyeland: 5:56am On Sep 19, 2017
I expect you to praise your Mum and blame your Dad. Earns 400k plus and shy away from his responsibilities. Its because your mum didn't let you feel what would have happened if she is not working, and you can't eat or go to school.
There are many secrets about your Dad she didn't want to tell you. ALL she wants to prove to your Dad is that despite not earning 400k monthly she can give herself and her kids the best.
Your Dad can't talk he knows what he did, far more than what you know.
That marriage has broken beyond repair. May be when when she was devoted and a dutiful wife your Dad misbehaved continuously, now it's time to face her life and her kids. Am also sure she is getting some of her money somewhere else too.

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by youngoak(m): 6:58am On Sep 19, 2017
This young man said it all and I quote,her mothers pride.
Immediately the man noticed her pride and her uncontrollably attitude he started planning his way out of the marriage. Believe me that man might have bought his own car may be a house too.
This young man has been brainwashed by his Mum because of financial assistance his getting from him mum.am sure the man might have some evidence of his wife cheating hopefully as a secret he will later reveal to his son as soon as he thinks he's mature enough.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by neyoskye(m): 7:19am On Sep 19, 2017
Hw old r u bro?
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by saintfizzo(m): 7:32am On Sep 19, 2017
BrotherJesu:
My mum is very beautiful, and successful yoruba woman but dosent regard her husband a bit,
Trouble got out hands when she got her first car and her husband who is an engineer doesnt have one yet,she then became pompous and over protective of the car that even those around; church and family knew that popxy doesnt own the car. Mumc is an established fashion designer and holds several positions in Nigerian Union ofTailors, as a result of this she comes home very late not givin any excus. As time goes by she stopped cooking him as she is always busy with work or travelling on state sponsored trips she does not bother to notify her husband whenever she is travelling.
There was a day i was so angry kus even my friends have started to take note and it becoming embarrasing, so i spoke with her, while talking she broke down in tears, she said she is the one responsible for 80 percent of the house expenses that popcy recieves 400k monthly bt always complaining of bin broke, she said other things i cant really type here.
This went own for a long time, they soon became enemies in the same house everyone going there way doing things differently, admist all these popsy has never rised his voice on her even when mumcy somethings did very annoing stuffs.
In the heat of this, popsy impregnated another babe although i have never seen the woman nor the child since birth which is close to two years. He apologised and promised to never bring them to interfere in our lives.
However this literary set our house on fire. While mumc was gettin over the haertbraek, she promised to get back at him which i didnt undesrand then.
Early this year, mumc bought 2 cars at ones, i was very surprised as she normally tell me her moves, she gave me one while she uses the other one. What broke myy hear was that she kept the one she was using before under cover when i asked her why she didnt allow popxy have that one she said she he should go buy his own and warned me that the day she will see him use my car na problem .
For sometime now she has been joking about moving us out of the country without his knowlege.
Popxy right now has facilitated his tramsfer to delta state.
Now they dont even see neida do they communicate again
the whole thing is driving me insane as i dont see popman coming to the house again pls guys help a brother what do i do
excuse my typo and coherence.
if you are an only child.... Stash up funds and run away from home, drop a note for them to make up else u ain't coming back.... It will force them to reflect on their actions and put them both on reset mode..... A lot of young folks here... They can't really help
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by EmtolalaaPRAISE(m): 7:36am On Sep 19, 2017
Pray friend. Just pray. Since you're in good terms with both. Try to talk sense to both. Some times parents act like they know it all, but then when you talk to them, they feel it piercing through them. Let your mum and dad know they are hurting you. Tell them you feel scared of even being in their position ( I am not saying you'll ever be there. You've learnt well, so do better. Be better).

We are humans and we all have our weaknesses. I am not here to judge your mum or dad. For anyone to allow peace to reign, there's got to be some compromise. So your mum has to change and your dad has to change and that's where prayer comes in. People don't just change. They do it intentionally. So pray they get tired of their pride and decide to do good in their relationship. Your mum needs your prayer and your constant advice. Your dad needs your attention and love.

I guess he was pushed to the wall. He never intended to get someone pregnant but out of frustrating, he probably made a friend out of another woman and of course while being consoled, they consummated their emotions. I've been there at some point, when my woman pushed me to the wall, not once, like regularly, every now and then and in the end, I had someone else who I always confided in and soon I had feelings for her, strong feelings- only with time did I have to resolve it on my own and decided to work it out with her. It was almost impossible I must say.

However certain things are not justifiable. Money and power are the true test of a man. Your mum has money and now she probably doesn't feel cool with being submissive to your dad.

Well my friend, for any change to happen, you've got to pray and keep in touch with both, daily if possible.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Fkforyou(m): 7:37am On Sep 19, 2017
It seems your Dad is Tbillz while your mum is Tiwa. grin

There's no point holding on to something that is not there any more. undecided

Your dad better leave and spend the rest of his live quietly with a woman that adores and respect him and not the one that loathes him.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Fkforyou(m): 8:00am On Sep 19, 2017
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 19, 2017
GoodFaith:
funmisticqueen:
@funmisticqueen:

"fact that N400,000 is not much considering mama's penchant for luxury. Factors like location, expenses, scale of preference should be taken into consideration."
"there is no Me and I in marriage rather Us and We. when the essence of a thing is not known abuse is inevitable."
please stop repeating yourself and quote me when you have a a point that makes sense.

If the woman could reach higher, what is stopping the man, that is a useless point joor

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 19, 2017
GoodFaith:

prove what?
that he make 400k but we don't know his expensive

Like the cost of school fee and rent
if he is working on building a house
or part of his 400k is paying up land
If he has family and younger brothers/sister he is helping through college

you cant even create a logical arguement. I blame ASUU for this
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 19, 2017
Fkforyou:
It seems your Dad is Tbillz while your mum is Tiwa. grin

There's no point holding on to something that is not there any more. undecided

Your dad better leave and spend the rest of his live quietly with a woman that adores and respect him and not the one that loathes him.
you people have taken advantage of the selfless nature of women, women should start putting themselves first and stop caring about what other people think. It will go a long way to help them find hapiness not in a man that will start another family outside or children that will still leave you and side with their father.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Fkforyou(m): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2017
funmisticqueen:
you people have taken advantage of the selfless nature of women, women should start putting themselves first and stop caring about what other people think. It will go a long way to help them find hapiness not in a man that will start another family outside or children that will still leave you and side with their father.

I absolutely have no idea what you are talking about.. grin

Are you commenting based on personal experience? cheesy

Are you saying it's only women that are selfless? Like really? Women, Selfless?

I wish I would meet such kind of women, because in all honesty they are rare.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by BrotherJesu(m): 10:24am On Sep 19, 2017
sben2308:

Firstly have u sat ur Dad down to hear his own version before all this because i believe strongly there is more to all this u telling us and I as one am finding it difficult to give my opinion.

Yes bros i have, he really regret his actions as per having extra marital life, when i asked of his spendings he said although he earns that high he has some fam membas children he sponsors which mums isnt happy about

Secondly I want u to understand that d way we all react to things is different and I guess ur dad is going to b a very open man before cuz if not ur mum wouldn't know how much he earns and along d way he discovered somethings which now made him change.

All this boils down mums not bin submissive

Thirdly ask urself r u sure ur mom isnt d one pushing him away cuz I sense she might even b promiscuous n ur Dad found out n withdrawal from her.

Mums is never promiscous and popxy never mention dat

Lastly u said she cater for 80% of things at home and am thinking out loud wasn't he taking care of u guys before properly.

We have bin fine as family, until say 5 years ago when to my best knowledge mums startd to get so involvd and busy

Pls kindly answer my questions so has to do it right n we all learn along d way together
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by sben2308(m): 10:37am On Sep 19, 2017
[quote author=BrotherJesu post=60611222][/quote]

Yes bros i have, he really regret his actions as per having extra marital life, when i asked of his spendings he said although he earns that high he has some fam membas children he sponsors which mums isnt happy about

Hmm cuz as this is deeper Dan I think cuz ur mom is d only child so I feel she might not understand y he stood his ground to do this.

All this boils down mums not bin submissive

Then u need to ask ur dad if he still want to See u all as a family cuz I guess he knew she was not submissive before he married her

Mums is never promiscous and popxy never mention dat

U need to find out wat made her dis bitter towards him den. I feel he did something to hurt her n she isn't ready to forgive him at all.

We have bin fine as family, until say 5 years ago when to my best knowledge mums startd to get so involvd and busy

If all is as u av said we need to try another approach to all this.
Wen I was in my final year in school something similar this happened also to me in my family
Pls call me on 08035079449 cuz we r now like family learning n guiding each other

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2 Out Of 3 Kids Are Not Mine - Man Married For 12 Years / Maid Pours Her Urine In Her Boss Juice (Video, Pic) / Checkout This Viral Family of 6 Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.