Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks (39028 Views)

Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Declaration Of Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB As Terrorists / Nigerian Military Declares IPOB As A "Militant Terrorist Organisation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by nwabobo: 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

You do not have a right to any referendum. Why hasn't the US allowed a referendum there? It has over 30 secessionist groups. Google it! If every country with secessionist groups calls a referendum, no country would exist on this earth.

And if you DID want a referendum, you get your senators to TABLE A MOTION for it at the National Assembly. Not getting riffraff like Kanu to be insulting the country and terrorising people.

Why did you not tell the Yoruba leaders asking for restructuring to do so through the National assembly? Why not also tell the Niger Delta leaders asking for resource control to do same through the National assembly. My friend, the National Assembly has been rigged to favour a particular part of the country and we won't fall for that. A SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE is the minimum acceptable at this point. As for Kanu, you do not have the right to decide for a group who they choose to follow or how they decide to agitate as long as they do so within the law.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by Rossikki: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
nwabobo:

Why did you not tell the Yoruba leaders asking for restructuring to do so through the National assembly? Why not also tell the Niger Delta leaders asking for resource control to do same through the National assembly. My friend, the National Assembly has been rigged to favour a particular part of the country and we won't fall for that. A SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE is the minimum acceptable at this point. As for Kanu, you do not have the right to decide for a group who they choose to follow or how they decide to agitate as long as they do so within the law.

Of course everyone should go through the National Assembly. How has it been rigged? Explain.
Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by nwabobo: 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

Of course everyone should go through the National Assembly. How has it been rigged? Explain.

The creation of states and constituencies under the military leadership all from the North. Take for instance Laos vs Kano.

Laos and kano were both equal states having similar population (officially). Now, Lagos us still one state, having just 20 LGAs while Kano has been split into 2 states ie Kano and Jigawa with Kano having 44 LGAS and Jigawa 27.
Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by chineduemmao: 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
Soldiers proud doing police work... in biology it is called degenaration!
Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by Rossikki: 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
nwabobo:

The creation of states and constituencies under the military leadership all from the North. Take for instance Laos vs Kano.

Laos and kano were both equal states having similar population (officially). Now, Lagos us still one state, having just 20 LGAs while Kano has been split into 2 states ie Kano and Jigawa with Kano having 44 LGAS and Jigawa 27.

Are Lagos people complaining, or demanding secession based on that? Drive on your own lane please. Mr Defender of Lagos.

With the tiny size of Lagos, how many more states do you want to break it into, simply because you did so for Kano?

1 Like

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by CIADeepCover2: 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rawani:
The headline is highly misleading and heavily mischievous.

The above is pretty obvious, the law that is in operation where IPOB carries out its terrorist activities is Nigerian Law so nobody expected that U.S. law would view them as terrorists, until they begin attacking U.S. Military convoys and innocent people in America and with stones, bottles and sticks, setting up bonfires on American public roads, burning down American police stations, disarming American soldiers at checkpoints and blocking American roads while searching for innocent people to attack inside buses, and threatening to burn the USA down and bring back the head of President Trump, like Kanu and IPOB did recently in Abia before they were declared terrorists.

IPOB are bloody terrorists under Nigerian Law, and under any law where they perform their terrorist activities.
Mr man, just shut up, you're not making any sense! What of the innocent people killed by Buhari and his terrorist army in Anambra, Umuahia and so on? Were you blind then? So you didn't see the massacre of peaceful people in Anambra that assembled for a protest by the criminal Nigerian army? Didn't you see people shot dead in Aba? You think Ipob attacked police station just for nothing? Hypocrisy and hatred are the banes of this useless country.
Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by nwabobo: 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rossikki:

Are Lagos people complaining, or demanding secession based on that? Drive on your own lane please. Mr Defender of Lagos.

I only gave you an example and yes they have been complaining for decades.

You are now advising me to drive on my own lane? How ironic is that to your stand that since no other region is demanding to secede we shouldn't. We have chosen to drive on our own lane and that is the lane of secession.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by jpphilips(m): 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
The only card left for Kanu is depart to a US friendly African country preferably Liberia and seek asylum.
When Buhari is done, he can apply for a presidential pardon.
If he is caught again, his life will never remain the same, he should take a clue from Elzakzaky and Dasuki.
Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by chineduemmao: 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
subtlemee:
How can they be in US and see IPOB as being or not being a terrorist group? I don't blame them anyway he's not affecting them yet, maybe the federal government should allow it become a menace like boko haram so CNN can have news about Nigeria that's when they'll now SEE
damn!!!
Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by jpphilips(m): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
nwabobo:

People like you celebrate Naivety

1 Like

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by nwabobo: 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
jpphilips:

People like you celebrate Naivety

Is it not my right to choose what to celebrate?
Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2017
nwabobo:

Ka Chineke mezie okwu

1 Like

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by chineduemmao: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
subtlemee:

That's how all organisations starts...PEACEFUL till it gets out of hand
i have given up on nairaland its full of unrepentant bigots who can never give up applauding evil even in the face of truth but let me give you a benefit of doubt... would you answer-- How many agitations got out of hand, how many didnt? why did they get out of hand why didnt the others?
Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by degamemaster(m): 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
It's only in Nigeria such happens due to so much against the igbos . A case of calling a dog a bad name just to gang it. Buhari will ever remain a sick idiot until his brainwashed zombies sees the light and changes.
Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by chineduemmao: 2:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rawani:

... to force the dialogue and all you have ended up doing is waste the lives of your brothers and sisters. The only legitimate forum for dialogue is the National Assembly through your representatives, if you try to armtwist the government into dialogue then be assured that you will only end up shedding more blood.

As per the bolded, I'm sure you were not blind as to read the official U.S. position regarding One Nigeria.

what actually is the unity of nigeria that is non negotiable? i ask because the obvious gets me thinking: you and i know that if there is anybody ever in full support of nigerias unity it is the igbo man, the only person who has something to loose how many yorubas have buisness in the east? how many hausas have biz in de east? then one thing which has remained a mistery to u is why is it that the one man who will have fire encroach his house is the one clamouring for the bush be set on fire?

1 Like

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by SuperStriker: 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
puremind1:

Fool, how is Nigeria govt messing up? You Ojukwus will never learn anything because of your stupidity and arrogance. This law labelling ipob as terrorist group has nothing to do with US law because their activities do not constitute any threats to their interests. Are the liepod member not saying again that Trump is supporting them? So,those that were killed by NA during Trump inauguration died in vain. Can you see the reasons why other tribes will not show any sympathy if NA kill you in droves because your secessionist leaders are not interested in you being alive as long as financial reasons is top of their agenda. Ojukwu led 2m flat heads to their Golgotha about 50 years ago and this albino has led hundreds (still counting) to their early graves. One thing is common to both: fleeing when their presence are needed most. We warned severally, but you fools were calling us coward Afonja. Can you see which tribe is more cowardly? With these chest beatings,arrogance and greed, no tribe can trust you. Even, the SS you are forcing yourselves on are watching you with their eyes open. You fools were saying SW is not part South because of SS/SE governors' forum you ojukwus masterminded to force SS together with you. Your whole economy is less than Ogun and Oyo states together. We can not envy you because you only envy those above you, not beneath. SW constitutes 52% of nation's economy.How can we envy a parasitic region making less than 7% of Nigeria's economy second only to war ravaged NE. Where Nnamdiot Cownu now? Is he dead or on the run? This is a misery that time will unravel!!!

I feel your pain. I can sense your frustration over here. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by SycophanticGoat: 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
reptile1:

The next time u wanna invite ur coterie of brainless goons, tell them to sign their death warrant in the execution section of politics on NL.

Back to the issues. do u wanna compare the US intelligence in crime fighting and prevention with yours? Do u think its by approaching a court replete with compromised judges to declare a group of people terrorists?

Bro! I'm not a brainless goon. As you can see, the imbecilic fool mentioned me in reply to my own mention.
Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by SycophanticGoat: 2:33pm On Sep 24, 2017
subtlemee:
Cowards always hiding behind keypads to exhibit false bravado and spewing rubbish, why are you guys not out there with your full identity in glare like your runaway leader airing out your grievances one by one let the pythons deal with you? It's to quote me senselessly and aimlessly on nairaland ...I pity the brainwashed ones dying for nothing,i don't blame you guys cos I'm not seeing any hard-working and fulfilled citizen supporting this nonsense only miscreants and NFAs and by your user names I can tell

Kingbet ,udumg1, kalhokage,pasol4real,funnicator,kceewhyte,sweetjoystick,sycophanticgoat,nukuolofa,ndy2274,braniacx,modik,ojobekehinde

Animalistic Buhari balls licker always quick to throw party at the sight of blood. Would I blame your likes? No I won't since demonic elements like you justified the post election violence of 2011, massacre of IMN and IPOB members and silly excuses why the military shouldn't be deployed to quell Fulani herdsmen terrorist activities, then why should reasonable humans even try to reason with your likes?

2 Likes

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by belindar: 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
Nigeria govt does not need USA to certify or confirm IPOB as terrorist organization. They can go to America and be making their noise over there. They can't be disturbing the peace of people here in Nigeria. America with their double standard.
We all know America always reap where they did not sow. If it was possible they would invaded Nigeria long time ago Bicos of oil. Wherever they go it's always been horror, sorrow and regret. Is Iraq, Libya and Syria better now than before?
Russia is their master

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by osagieesezobor: 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2017
LAWYERS:

My friend, Osemudiamen Ogbemudia has been hinting me on several positives available on www.brief.com.ng

He said the online platform eases law practice and enriches lawyers. He also mentioned that the website is constructed to connect lawyers in the several cities in Nigeria.

So, this evening, I decided to navigate the web page today and I found that www.brief.com.ng is unique and interesting. Are you a lawyer? I urge you to visit www.brief.com.ng

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by belindar: 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
CIADeepCover2:

Mr man, just shut up, you're not making any sense! What of the innocent people killed by Buhari and his terrorist army in Anambra, Umuahia and so on? Were you blind then? So you didn't see the massacre of peaceful people in Anambra that assembled for a protest by the criminal Nigerian army? Didn't you see people shot dead in Aba? You think Ipob attacked police station just for nothing? Hypocrisy and hatred are the banes of this useless country.

Peaceful indeed. They are peaceful and they create a military outfit with uniforms for themselves. Can America accept that in their own country. There can be only one commander in chief.
Ask yourself where is your leader Kanu ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by osagieesezobor: 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
LAWYERS:

My friend, Lawal Abdullahi has been hinting me on several positives available on www.brief.com.ng

He said the online platform eases law practice and enriches lawyers. He also mentioned that the website is constructed to connect lawyers in the several cities in Nigeria.

So, this evening, I decided to navigate the web page today and I found that www.brief.com.ng is unique and interesting. Are you a lawyer? I urge you to visit www.brief.com.ng

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by cstr1000: 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by LordAdam16: 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rawani:

Like I said, the US treats the BH as terrorists because they are recognised as terrorists under Nigerian law, just like IPOB.

Their stand was regarding IPOB and US Law.

If IPOB takes up arms and tries to militarily overwhelm Nigeria, the US will also assist the country in crushing the eastern terrorists. The US Military doesn't know the difference between "aboki" and "nyamiri "

Again, English language is really simple to understand once emotions are extricated.

MyMouth:
The US never saw boko haram as a terrorist organization at one time, so its not a new thing. As far as Nigeria which is a sovereign nation is concern, ipob is a terrorist organization, simple!

CNN: U.S. designates Boko Haram, its offshoot as terrorist organizations -- http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/13/world/africa/boko-haram-us/index.html

Illiterates!

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by LordAdam16: 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
Yyeske:
Nigeria and the US are sovereign countries and make their laws independent of each other. Nigeria recognises IPOB to be a terrorist group, the US is free to agree or refuse.

Except that the War on Terrorism is an International affair. Not a strictly Nigerian affair.

So if the US is selling weapons to Nigeria to fight terrorist organizations, she expects these organizations are in the Global Terrorism Database which is the major internationally-acclaimed database of terrorist organizations -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Terrorism_Database.

It was after Oritsejafor addressed U.S. Congress that the U.S. designated Boko Haram a terrorist organization -- https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/designate-boko-haram-terrorist-group-oritsejafor-tells-us-congress/. And it was after BH was designated by the Americans that Nigeria designated them a terrorist organization.

In the last one week, France, UK, and the US have rebuffed the FG's irrational proscription of IPOB. These are THREE of the FIVE UNSC permanent members. If Nigeria hopes to join the UNSC like we've been agitating for, the last thing you want to do is stick a middle-finger at the same countries that'd have to agree to admit us.

Nigeria is a commonwealth nation, so Russia and China wouldn't make any move contrary to what the Allieds have agreed on. Nigeria is still the UK's puppy like Cameroon is France's puppy. So, your trash about sovereignty is a facade.

IPOB is registered in the US, have a radio station in the UK, and run some of their cash through France. Yet you kill their members, declare them a terrorist organization, and think the big 3 would play along. The North is a butterfly that thinks itself a bird.

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by Newmanluckyman(m): 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rawani:
The headline is highly misleading and heavily mischievous.

The above is pretty obvious, the law that is in operation where IPOB carries out its terrorist activities is Nigerian Law so nobody expected that U.S. law would view them as terrorists, until they begin attacking U.S. Military convoys and innocent people in America and with stones, bottles and sticks, setting up bonfires on American public roads, burning down American police stations, disarming American soldiers at checkpoints and blocking American roads while searching for innocent people to attack inside buses, and threatening to burn the USA down and bring back the head of President Trump, like Kanu and IPOB did recently in Abia before they were declared terrorists.

IPOB are bloody terrorists under Nigerian Law, and under any law where they perform their terrorist activities.
...has Boko Haram attacked US before? So why did the US declared them a terrorist group? Don't make mockery of your education.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
HOW WILL THEY SEE,WHEN THEY'RE BENT ON DESTABILIZING NAIJA..........GUESS WHAT, NORTH KOREA WILL DESTABILIZE THEM 1ST angry

1 Like

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by Newmanluckyman(m): 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:

Nigeria is a sovereign state

So US can't dictate to us
...but you can run with your tail in between your legs to the same US begging for arms. Know it today,any terrorism declaration from any quarter without US signature or support is USELESS like 'P' in Psychology.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by Rossikki: 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
...has Boko Haram attacked US before? So why did the US declared them a terrorist group?.

Because they are muslims. The US has long oppressed muslims. In the US they have white racist nationalists who go around killing people, but the US will never treat them like terrorists. In fact the other day when they killed one girl in a racist rally, Trump said the blame lay on "all sides" including those who came out to confront the white racists. So the US, as always, operates double standards.
Re: U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks by Rossikki: 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
LordAdam16:

Except that the War on Terrorism is an International affair. Not a strictly Nigerian affair.

So if the US is selling weapons to Nigeria to fight terrorist organizations, she expects these organizations are in the Global Terrorism Database which is the major internationally-acclaimed database of terrorist organizations -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Terrorism_Database.

It was after Oritsejafor addressed U.S. Congress that the U.S. designated Boko Haram a terrorist organization -- https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/designate-boko-haram-terrorist-group-oritsejafor-tells-us-congress/. And it was after BH was designated by the Americans that Nigeria designated them a terrorist organization.

In the last one week, France, UK, and the US have rebuffed the FG's irrational proscription of IPOB. These are THREE of the FIVE UNSC permanent members. If Nigeria hopes to join the UNSC like we've been agitating for, the last thing you want to do is stick a middle-finger at the same countries that'd have to agree to admit us.

Nigeria is a commonwealth nation, so Russia and China wouldn't make any move contrary to what the Allieds have agreed on. Nigeria is still the UK's puppy like Cameroon is France's puppy. So, your trash about sovereignty is a facade.

IPOB is registered in the US, have a radio station in the UK, and run some of their cash through France. Yet you kill their members, declare them a terrorist organization, and think the big 3 would play along. The North is a butterfly that thinks itself a bird.

-Lord

WHAT A LOAD OF POPPYCOCK.

OK, NIGERIA HAS DECLARED THEM TERRORISTS. WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?

Is the US coming to attack us? Is the UK coming to invade us?

RUBBISH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saraki: Buhari Will Not Attend 2019 Presidential Debate / "See My Buhari, See Natural Love, This Man Don Win" - Man As PMB Storms Warri / Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.