Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? (12181 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari / Do Fresh Party Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tolutope(m): 1:07am On Sep 24, 2006
Odeku:

Hugoboi I am just a Nigeriuan, I call a spade a spade, I know Okotie from way back, if you don't believe me, I have pics to prove it, so don't open your basket mouth. Just because im not blind folded by IBB, ATIKU and co don't mean I should reason like you.
if u know okotie from way back does dat make him a bad man?and you could upload the pics for all to see to prove ur point, wink
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2006
But some people do not really know how to contribute to issues. sad sad sadWe take things too personal and to the detriment of others.too bad. sad sad
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2006
What has he done to contribute to the development of Nigeria to justify his candidacy? Prime example we have people of God that are evil as well prime example REV KING
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by babadee(m): 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2006
the simple fact is that Okotie does not have what it takes to be the president of a nation as politically complex as Nigeria, noble God inspired intentions and all.
he doesn't understand the military, doesn't understand the powerplays so its gonna be a diseaster if he becomes the president besides, i dont really think hes hearing Gods voice. more like his inner mind/ego i'll say.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tolutope(m): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2006
when we say he doesnt have xperince, did the awolowos and etc have xperience? if ure talkin of politics he's been into politics since the mko days, he was one of the delegates to sought for his release, everyone starts from somewhere, living in this country is enuff experience for any1 of us to do smthing bout it huh? cheesy
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Mariory(m): 11:43pm On Sep 27, 2006
babadee:

the simple fact is that Okotie does not have what it takes to be the president of a nation as politically complex as Nigeria, noble God inspired intentions and all.
he doesn't understand the military, doesn't understand the powerplays so its going to be a diseaster if he becomes the president besides, i don't really think hes hearing Gods voice. more like his inner mind/ego i'll say.

Thank you. I mean comon of all the reasons he could think of he came out with "God told him so"?

*Laughing my ass off*
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 1:37am On Sep 28, 2006
tolutope from the look of your picture you shouldnt be talking politics when your elkders are talking rule number one, and that shows you only know the name Awolowo. This man left legacy for Nigeria and did what none of this gready politicians are doing now, so don't use that name if you dont know the history
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Jaybaba(m): 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2006
Okotie can do well as president. I listened to Okotie during his debate with Jim Nwobodo at the last elections and I realised he was different from all the others in the race at that time. He is a greenhorn as some people have said but he is a greenhorn at looting tax payers money, diverting public funds, chasing after unneccesary projects or buying transcorp shares. He will not even spend a dime buying prado jeep for a girlfriend nor will he cede an inch of Nigerian land to Togo.

His campaign was issue based while he spoke from the heart and that made him different. Other politicians at that election were just mentioning problems and never telling us in what way or how they will solve them. Okotie did. This is modern politics as it is done elsewhere (the issues and how you will address them) so that we will see reason with you the campaigner and thereafer hold you responsible when you do not perform.

Except for Audu Ogbeh the PDP chairman at that time who spoke on trust, the PDP had nothing they were saying and neither did anyother party say anything to convince us. Follow elections from civilised countries and you realise that people like IBB, Buhari, OBJ, Atk can not stand a chance cause, they must bring a lenghty speech prepared by their special assistant on publicity and then read it or rather recite it lifelessly to people who want to collect N500 apiece.

For people with a heart and conscience, people with sound sense of reasoning, the Okoties, Oshimoles, Utomis of this world would make a better choice and I do not believe you need to have been previous experience to become the president. It is not a proven theory anywhere that greenhorns cannot become greater horns. Okotie can indeed become the president if only Nigerians would seperate themselves from all the divides, (religion, ethnicity, etc) and rally to people who address the issues that bother us all. In fact, Okotie, carry go!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2006
Jaybaba:

Okotie can indeed become the president if only Nigerians would seperate themselves from all the divides, (religion, ethnicity, etc) and rally to people who address the issues that bother us all. In fact, Okotie, carry go!

now, dats wen he can become the president!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 01, 2006
Okotie should be forced to make his church's accounts available for auditing by a private firm hired by INEC before he can contest. No disrespect to the man of God but transparency is key.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 2:50am On Oct 02, 2006
Okotie will never be president, he doesn't have quality of a good leader, he is a pastor, and should focus on leading his congregation. Musician ,Lawyer. pastor and now want to be president, how indecisive. we need a strong and focus leader
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2006
FLEX06:

Okotie will never be president, he doesn't have quality of a good leader, he is a pastor, and should focus on leading his congregation. Musician ,Lawyer. pastor and now want to be president, how indecisive. we need a strong and focus leader
@flex06 do you know what it takes to lead two people.?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2006
WHO the heck is Okotie? please leave this nonsense alone, the man should stick to church
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by BigB11(m): 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2006
ODEKU: We finally have a common view. I'm very proud of you; as we all know this is a rare circumstance, hence you should be happy.

Definitely, Mr Chris Okotie should stick with his incredible church duties. I don't care what anyone says, mixing politics with religion in Nigveria is totally a wrong move and a path to a down fall.

The best Mr. Okotie could do to help is to remember Nigeria as a country during prayer time and continue to motivate/ encourage the leaders to always do what is right.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Jaybaba(m): 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2006
BigB1 & Odeku: I stand to be corrected but should it not be better to have people with conscience rule us than to let people without conscience nor empathy become lord? IBB, Atiku, and other people who understand power play, politics, etc, etc have had their turn, and the result, Nigeria today with all the problems we face. Bad leadership has been largely responsible and we need to change that.
Besides, generational shift is long overdue. We need people with sound mind who are learned and cultured and besides, men who have a conscience.
John G. Holland once wrote
"May God give us men, men whom the lust of office cannot buy, men whom the love of money cannot corrupt. Men who have a conscience, men who cannot lie."
Okotie is not an exalted saint, no he is not but he is a man who struggled to get where he is today and a man who believes in effort and inspiration. It is people like him I subscribe, Okotie, Utomi, Oshomole, and people in that mould. Please, let's make a positive decision in Nigeria.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2006
Jaybaba i can see your point, but it takes more than conscience to rule a nation like Nigeria
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2006
@Odeku et al,

What does it take to rule Nigeria?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2006
Partnership and voice
Vision and values
Knowledge and daring
Savvy and persistence
Personal qualities (passion, humor, and empathy strength of character, general maturity, patience, wisdom, common sense, trustworthiness, reliability, creativity, sensitivity

and can not have more than one wife, no concubines, LOL
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 10:45am On Oct 03, 2006
@ FLEX06
and can not have more than one wife, no concubines, LOL

shocked shocked shocked
we might never have a president in this country goin by that rule!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2006
I like can not have more than one wife, can the Naija presido stick by that rule?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked :oAre You guys really Nigerians?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2006
slimnike:

shocked shocked shocked shocked :oAre You guys really Nigerians?
wy do u ask? - is it an impossibility for nigerians to have only one wife?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2006
is that a question or answer?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by BigB11(m): 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2006
This is not about Nigerians having more than one wife; it's about being an effective leader by your actions.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2006
Well lets focus on the topic again, why are people promoting this so call man of God to be president? if he has any vision for Nigeria he should establish more church and Christian schools and leave politics to the politicians
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 11:51pm On Oct 06, 2006
@flex06,

What is politcs, and why should a Man of God be exempted from practicing politics?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2006
This about leading a nation and not leading a congregation, he is a preacher and not a leader of nation, he should stick to what is working for him just like two dicks don't mix together.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 7:40pm On Oct 07, 2006
@Flex06,

You have not answered my question. But in any case, how did you come to the conclusion that faith and politics do not mix? Do you know Jesus is coming back on His second advent to become both a Political and Spiritual Leader in Jerusalem?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2006
Well I guess i don't read my bible
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2006
@Flex06,

I think we need the best and the most honest and people-loving hands to take over the administration of Nigeria. It doesn't matter if such hands are Christian or Muslim clerics. As someone have rightly said before, you only need to have watched the last presidential debate to appreciate the worth and ability of Okotie.

IBB, though an evil genius, acknowledges that Okotie is the best amongst the new breed of politicians he sees around. He acknowledges the guy's astute knowledge and leadership skills, and he believes people like Okotie are necessary to move Nigeira forward, without neglecting the experiences of the old guards like himself.

Clergy or not, Okotie has proved his worth, and my money and vote will go to him ahead of any of the people vying for that office right now. All we need now is a compassionate leader of human and material resources and our nation will be on the road to greatness again.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by feelgood(m): 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2006
Okotie as Presido, Na grammar we go chop? Seun said it all - we don't need inexperience
for such a top job. Neither do we need 'isms', 'gbam', 'gbim' to assault our ears when explaining simple economic policy.

Simply, Chris is just among the myriads of jokers aspiring for the job. Despite his F.R.E.S.H adverts, I don't give him a second thought.
I suppose he doesn't know what to do again - musician, lawyer, pastor, ??

Naija politics, out of this world.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 7:21am On Oct 10, 2006
whatever happen . . .
i just hope the best comes for nigeria in 2k7

and besides - come 2k31 - i'll rule nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ohaneze Deceiving Buhari, Atiku, Can’t Influence Igbo Voting – Moghalu / Akpabio In God’s Will For Me, I Will Succeed With Him – Tinubu / EFCC Re-arraigns Shamsudeen Bala Mohammed For N1.2bn Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.