Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? (12177 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari / Do Fresh Party Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by MrBean(m): 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2006
symple:

Rev.Chris Okotie is the only presidential candidate I think is very qualified for the 2007 election.

Let’s forget about he used to be a musician, a writer and he’s a pastor. What most people refuse to see is thst this guy is a confirm politian. He studied political science in University of Benin. And l believe he’s hot. He’s very eloquent.

I ain’t one of his church members neither lm I one of his fam. But what I'm saying is that I think he’s tha best for our generation. He’s very presentable. And he’s the kind of person that when he speak out there we can be proud of.

Who told some of us that MEN OF GOD can’t become leaders? King David, King Solomon, etc were men of God but they ruled nicely.

Some of us want to know who’s going to be the 1st lady if he becomes the president. I don’t think if we really need a 1st lady that much though. Do we hear much about 1st ladies even in developed countries?

I know for sure that if a free and fair election is been conducted, Rev Chris okotie will definitely win.He’s taking the lead in a National political pool that’s been conducted in Rhythm 93.7.

Sir,

Aside from the notion that Chris Okotie is the best candidate in your opinion, I really dont get your point.

A man that cannot put his house in order the bible says, should not be allowed to lead in any capacity. He is not leadership material for Nigeria. Thats my opinion.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by deoyel25(m): 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2006
I think the reason why Okotie wants to go for presidency is that he has been the overseer of a church. He wants to compare a church with a whole country. Contesting as the governor is even too big. Let him start by contesting as the local government chairman of his LGA.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2006
@mrlawng,
A man that cannot put his house in order the bible says, should not be allowed to lead in any capacity. He is not leadership material for Nigeria. Thats my opinion.
A contextual reading of the portion of the Bible you are trying to quote here shows that you have completely "murdered" the scripture.  I am little surprised because a lot of people just pick and try to apply the Bible out of context.  This is especially so in a case where you have already taken a position and you want to maintain that position by every means available. 

Find the scriptures here in its full context: 1 Timothy 3:1-7 1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.   I hope you now se that the scripture actually refers to a Bishop.  A Bishop is a Church Administrator or servant who DESIRES to serve in that capacity within a local assembly.  This is different from a Pastor who is CALLED to serve in that position.  Besides, the emphasis here is on the behavior of the children and not even the wife.

With respect to Okotie, I am sure you have chosen to ignore the fact that the primary reason his wife sought a divorce was because she felt she wasn't in a position to fulfil the role of a wife any more.  She never wants to step into Nigeria ever again because of the harrowing experiences she and her family have had in the country.  Okotie had the choice of either leaving his calling to Pastor in Nigeria, or join his wife in the united States (you know there is nothing like e-wife).  He chose the latter.  His decision to follow his Master meant he had to lose his wife.  That is just one of the marks of the Lord Jesus he carries in his body.

As far as I see, it is of people like Okotie that Jesus said in Mark 10: 29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, OR WIFE, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, 30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.    

I am sure you must be happy that you are fulfilling scripture to the full by being one of those providing the persecutions that Jesus talked about here.  SELAH.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 6:24pm On Jun 19, 2006
TayoD

You're back, and you can't call?? sha! that aside! that the scripture was referring to a Bishop doesn't necessarily mean it's only Bishops that need to be married--every person in the position of leadership has to show example with his own home! so you suggest a pastor be single as well? for how long? is Okotie a Eunuch? who will counsel the single, Hot sisters out to bring shame to his door?? is that not where the wife comes in? shouldn't he minister to men, and a female minister to ladies? which is what most wives of pastora do--see to the welfare etc of both pastor and ministry.

You're so quick to judge his wife--is it not his side of the story we know? the man is constantly telling people his own side, i'm sure you will say he has nothing to hide! yeah right! to me, there's more than meets the eye! the bible clearly rejects divorce. Matthew lets us know that it's only in the case of fornication/ adultery you can put away your spouse, otherwise scripture plainly tells us that "God hates putting away! aka divorce" does the same scripture not say "do not despise the wife of thy youth?" doesn't God know how to reach a recalictrant spouse? that He will so graciously allow Okotie chase out his wife? please! i don't think he was doing the way of the master when he put her out! e-wife or not!

For a smart guy, and one so familiar with the scripture, your arguments baffle me! i think you're clearly taken in by this guy! and you've chopped his whole theology hook, line and sinker! aint nobody persecuting Okotie! what is persecution sef? that we don't want him for president?? did you not see/ read of persecution in your Bible? people were killed and stuff for Christ, not spoken against for running for president! plus, last time i checked, we were a democratic country--and hey! we can say whatever pleases us! (hopefully we can get away with it!)

As for the case of David and Solomon, they sure were men of God, and we can see they were HEAVILY married, and ruled over much! with wisdom! at this point, i'm not saying Okotie shouldn't run, let him start on a smaller scale, his church is too small, let him increase in members, then run for other things before setting his eyes on the national seat! in the mean time, he should get married--i'm sure they are some ladies who don't mind all the gramar, and won't mind the hair grease!

One last thing, he should let go of all that big English--it don't fool nobody, except people who are easily impressed by such grandiose! Paul said When i came unto you, i didn't come with Eloquence of man's wisdom (big big gramar) but with demonstration of the Spirit and Power--of which i've not seen Okotie do either! "SELAH!"
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2006
@ dearzi,
You're back, and you can't call?? sha! that aside! that the scripture was referring to a Bishop doesn't necessarily mean it's only Bishops that need to be married--every person in the position of leadership has to show example with his own home! so you suggest a pastor be single as well? for how long? is Okotie a Eunuch? who will counsel the single, Hot sisters out to bring shame to his door?? is that not where the wife comes in? shouldn't he minister to men, and a female minister to ladies? which is what most wives of pastora do--see to the welfare etc of both pastor and ministry.
Call I will when I am Led grin!!!!!!!! Anyway, to answer your questions or are they accusations!!! At least you agree the scripture is addressed to a Bishop. May I advice you never to go beyond what has been written? There is nothing within the context that suggests that the scripture should be directly applied to a Pastor, and even if it does, I have made clear that it does not fit the situation that you are quick to apply it to. I do not suggest for pastors to be single, but Jesus did mention that some will become eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom, and Paul actually encouraged people to be eunuchs like himself. There are lots of people within the church who are trained and are in the position to counsel young ladies when the issue is sex. There are other ministers and assistants within the church, and from what I know, his most visible assistants are 2 married women. By the way, where in the scripture does the Bible assign that role to a Pastor's wife? Rather, the scripture says the older women in the church are the ones to teach the young women. Please stay within the scripture or else you just find yourself ventilating your personal opinion which in this case is contrary to the bible.

You're so quick to judge his wife--is it not his side of the story we know? the man is constantly telling people his own side, i'm sure you will say he has nothing to hide! yeah right! to me, there's more than meets the eye! the bible clearly rejects divorce. Matthew lets us know that it's only in the case of fornication/ adultery you can put away your spouse, otherwise scripture plainly tells us that "God hates putting away! aka divorce" does the same scripture not say "do not despise the wife of thy youth?" doesn't God know how to reach a recalictrant spouse? that He will so graciously allow Okotie chase out his wife? please! i don't think he was doing the way of the master when he put her out! e-wife or not!
I am not quick to judge his wife for any reasons. Like I told you before, Okotie and Teena are very accessible people. One of my good friends is close to Teena and are in touch often by phone. She confirms everything that Okotie said and it is only her words that I have stated. Maybe your Pastors and people you know tell lies as a hobby and are just deceitful, but the Okotie I have known is far from that. He is know to be truthful to a fault and to speak what he believes no matter whose toe he steps on. Maybe you also need to understand that Teena is helping him out here to do the limited ministry work he requires. Okotie's life has been lived in the open to both the church and the public. Unlike some Pastor who lives and pastors here in naija and whose wife lives and pastors in europe while trying to deceive the rest of us that all is well, he is absolutely not like that.

Maybe you need to read the scriptures in matthew that you are quoting. The case of Okotie is not about a Man putting away His wife, but of a wife saying I am no longer interested. I hope you understand that marriage is actually a representation of the union between Christ and the church. If that is so, then you will kow that Christ cannot put any of us away, but we can by our own choice decide not to have Him as a part of our lives. This is like waht happened here. i say this not to make Teena look bad, but that is the reality.

For a smart guy, and one so familiar with the scripture, your arguments baffle me! i think you're clearly taken in by this guy! and you've chopped his whole theology hook, line and sinker! aint nobody persecuting Okotie! what is persecution sef? that we don't want him for president?? did you not see/ read of persecution in your Bible? people were killed and stuff for Christ, not spoken against for running for president! plus, last time i checked, we were a democratic country--and hey! we can say whatever pleases us! (hopefully we can get away with it!)
evey thing I've stated here are not okotie's theology but what I see the scriptures advocate. If anything, I've heard him encourage people not even to chase out an adulterous woman because the spirit of the New Testament encourages forgiveness at all level. Is your definition of persecution limited only to bodily harm? The only reason why many just dont want to give him a chance is because h is a minister of christ. They choose to ignore the fact that he is better equipped to handle the affairs of state than many of those parading themselves. He has a plan, a manifesto and he has articulated this well over time. The sermon on the mount acknowledges that when people say all manner of evil about you for his name's sake, then you are qualified to be called a persecuted.

As for the case of David and Solomon, they sure were men of God, and we can see they were HEAVILY married, and ruled over much! with wisdom! at this point, i'm not saying Okotie shouldn't run, let him start on a smaller scale, his church is too small, let him increase in members, then run for other things before setting his eyes on the national seat! in the mean time, he should get married--i'm sure they are some ladies who don't mind all the gramar, and won't mind the hair grease!
One last thing, he should let go of all that big English--it don't fool nobody, except people who are easily impressed by such grandiose! Paul said When i came unto you, i didn't come with Eloquence of man's wisdom (big big gramar) but with demonstration of the Spirit and Power--of which i've not seen Okotie do either! "SELAH!"

So he should go and marry more than one wife to be qualified like david and solomon? For your information, the only qualification David needed to rule isreal was to be a shepherd, and the only qualification that joseph needed was to be a chief servant in his master's house. The principle of governance is the same everywhere, whether the people are a 100 or 100,000. Oyedepo today is not just learning what it takes to administer a big church. That wisdom has always been there even when the church was 10. I have corrected you before that a church grows only has God wills. Numeric growth does not equate to godly growth. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world today, but that does not make it a godly religion. The tower of babel was built with the aid of men without the Spirit of God. You have no point.

Why should he drop his elevated diction? That is his style, and he still gets his message through to those who care to listen. In Household are many who can't even speak staight english but are still blessed by his message. Grow up and stop majoring on the minor while minoring on the major!!!!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Mariory(m): 11:42pm On Jun 19, 2006
Daddy for president!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2006
Mariory:

Daddy for president!
Which Daddy?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Genial(m): 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2006
I for one like Chris Okotie as a person. His so-called elevated diction makes no difference to me - I understand what he says. He represents a breath of fresh air and a departure from the boring group of old men who have "ruled" the nation thus far.

Whether or not he is the best candidate - in my own opinion - will best be determined if there is a level playing ground for all the presidential aspirants. We will then be able to compare them with each other under the same conditions.

Chris Okotie appeals to my intellect. He makes sense (to me) when he talks. Whether or not he is a pastor is beside the point, in my opinion. When he was called to be a pastor, he announced it. Not everyone believed him. Now he feels he is directed to venture into politics, and he has announced it. Not everyone supports him. That is to be expected.

But I fail to see how his position as a pastor will impact negatively on his ability to function as a leader of the nation.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2006
TayoD

I take it very personal your reference to my pastors or the people in my life as liars--i'm not going to ask you to apologise, i really don't care of you do or not, but, i resent that statement. I've not accused Okotie of lieing, i've only said i'm not going to buy everything he says--that's my point of view! As for the rest of what you've said--whatever makes you sleep well, i'm happy for you. This forum has not been to justify the righteousness of Okotie, it's been to express your P.O.V. which's what i've done from the get go! that you'll turn around and point fingers, is darn low! if i will say the least! i'm pretty pissed off, and na respect na im make me no yarn finish (it's out of respect to you i'm holding my tongue).
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2006
dearzi:

TayoD

I take it very personal your reference to my pastors or the people in my life as liars--i'm not going to ask you to apologise, i really don't care of you do or not, but, i resent that statement. I've not accused Okotie of lieing, i've only said i'm not going to buy everything he says--that's my point of view! As for the rest of what you've said--whatever makes you sleep well, i'm happy for you. This forum has not been to justify the righteousness of Okotie, it's been to express your P.O.V. which's what i've done from the get go! that you'll turn around and point fingers, is darn low! if i will say the least! i'm pretty pissed off, and na respect na im make me no yarn finish (it's out of respect to you i'm holding my tongue).
Good step Dearzi.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2006
dearzi,

coolu coolu coolu temper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Breathe in, and out. In again, and out. Get a cup of ice-cold water and take a big gulp. Feel better? Now go back and read what I said again. I am sure you omitted the word 'Maybe' which is a key to interpreting my statement. Now that you've seen it, I suppose that all is well now. Take it easy o. I am for you and not agianst you. okay? Interesting that I did not see you react like that on this forum when Jesus was maligned, but you become so angry when 'men' are supposedly accused of what 'men' are susceptible to.

Maybe you do not see it that way, but saying there is more to the story aside from what has been stated clearly by a person, is a subtle way of saying this person is lying. Saying he has something else to hide and is not giving us the full picture is calling him dubious. While I have no problem with you doing that, and I do not have to defend him in that arena, I just pointed a simple fact to you, which I see that you have interpreted wrongly. You obviously find it inconceivable that your Pastor or any one of your spiritual advisors can stay on the pulpit and intentionally tell lies, well I consider the same to be true with Okotie, not just because he is my Pastor, but because I know that there is no clebrity in naija, either in or out of the church whose life is as open to the public as his is. and at no time has it ever been proven that he tells lies or he intentionally deceives people.

I have told you that the best way to deal with anybody is to believe the best of them. I hope you will do that now.

@slimnike,

I think you will do well not to try to fan a flame of discord has you seem to do. Dearzi and I are much closer than it appears on this forum due of our difererent stance. At the end of the day, we will be as good a friends as we've alwsys been and your stance will only make you look ridicuous. This is just an advice.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2006
TayoD

Don't get me riled up--i can read English VERY well! that statement, was totally, totally, uncalled for! i can bet you can't see it! reminds me of someone else! angry
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by MrBean(m): 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2006
TayoD:

@slimnike,

I think you will do well not to try to fan a flame of discord has you seem to do. Dearzi and I are much closer than it appears on this forum due of our different stance. At the end of the day, we will be as good a friends as we've always been and your stance will only make you look ridiculous. This is just an advice.

On the contrary, TayoD you are the one that sounds RIDICULOUS and UNREASONABLE. It was just a comment made by someone that was in favor of what dearzi wrote. Who cares about your personal relationships, it a public forum. Keep your sentiments in your pocket and try to restrict yourself to making objective intelligent posts.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2006
@dearzi,

Be reasonable, and don't let your emotions overule your sense of judgment and fairness. I think I can read english as well as you do, even though I may not be a student of the language. My understanding of the word 'MAYBE' suggests a hypothetical situation. Is that a wrong use of the word? If that is so, please let me know so I can learn to properly use the word subsequently.

@mrlawng,

I can see how your inputs have helped. And I can see how objective and intelligent your post is. Please listen to your own advice when next you write.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by MrBean(m): 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2006
TayoD:

@mrlawng,

I can see how your inputs have helped. And I can see how objective and intelligent your post is. Please listen to your own advice when next you write.

I can see your impediment is English comprehension. Let me make this clear in case you didnt get it the first time. I AM NOT ADVISING YOU. Cheap rhetorics wont improve you image my dear.

Have a good day.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2006
mrlawng,

Keep your sentiments in your pocket and try to restrict yourself to making objective intelligent posts.

I can see you still wont follow your own advice.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by cammax7(m): 11:40am On Jun 24, 2006
Can anyone here please provide me with the address of Rev. Chris Okotie's campaign office.
I'd be grateful
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2006
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by cammax7(m): 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2006
thanks bro.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Mystique(f): 8:31am On Jul 03, 2006
I remember during the last elections, Chris Okotie himself said: 'When the results come out, Nigerians will know whether i was sent by God or not"

Well, i guess that answers the question cry
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2006
Mystique:

I remember during the last elections, Chris Okotie himself said: 'When the results come out, Nigerians will know whether i was sent by God or not"

Well, i guess that answers the question cry
GOD will prove HIM self this time.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2006
What I'll want you to understand is that a thousand years before God is as one day. If God says today, it might be 50 years down your life time. sooner or later, His words will be fulfilled. We see examples of that throughout the scripture and if you want, I'll show them to you.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2006
@TayoD

Ehm! bros, what was your point when you made that statement? i'm just seeing it--you know how my waka be the last couple of weeks. Sha! what were you hinting at? that God told Okotie something like that? who knows, the prophecy might be for Okotie's son, if we're to go by your statement, cuz in another 50yrs, what makes you think Okotie would be alive? it might be to the house of Okotie! but how will it be fulfilled if Okotie doesn't have an heir? LOL, or does he? TayoD Okotie, the man get pickin? as you and am be like una relate!

To the point of "maybe" or no "maybe" i still stand by it--that statement, rhetorical, hypothetical or otherwise, wasn't called for. Dude, i like you and respect you as a big brother, but no make us fight! honestly.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by babadee(m): 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2006
to be candid, Chris Okotie does not have what it takes to rule a nation as complex as nigeria i mean what aals? a church with only one branch and a gish? c'mon he cant even win in his own local govt not to talk of the whole naija. maybe he should set his sights lower or doesn't he know what the most basic element of naija politics is?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2006
@TayoD are You ok at all?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 11:48pm On Jul 23, 2006
@TayoD are You ok at all?
And what exactly do you mean?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 8:05am On Jul 24, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2006
please how many local languages can the Rev. Chris Okotie speak excluding tongues?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2006
Apart from his native language, I know he speaks and understands yoruba and igbo very well. By the way, what has that got to do with anything?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Revolution: 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2006
Chris Okotie said God told him he will be President in 2003. Does God lie?

First he was a law student, then a singer, then a pastor, and now he wants to be president. The man has no direction and I seriously doubt his motives.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by raldsfield(m): 9:47pm On Jul 24, 2006
We have seen Pastors trying to become business tycoons, now president

Nigerians still need their pastors.

Please Pastors you have been chosen for a role by God, to bring his people to worship him and those lost to help them find there way back to him.

Pastors Pray for this Nation and live business and Politics alone.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Genial(m): 7:04pm On Jul 25, 2006
raldsfield:

Pastors Pray for this Nation and live business and Politics alone.

Alone for who?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike / President Buhari Arrives Bamako For African-France Summit / Plateau Guber: Lalong's witnesses testify that Useni, PDP won own polling units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.