Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? (12171 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari / Do Fresh Party Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2006
please tell the rev. chris okotie to learn hausa since you say he understands yoruba and ibo.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2006
please tell the rev. chris okotie to learn hausa since you say he understands yoruba and ibo.
I can see that you have been paralysed by the WAZOBIA mentality. What about other tribes within the Nigerian nation? Is Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba superior to them just because they are reportedly more in number? English is our lingua franca ansd as long as you speak that language and have the zeal and patriotism as well as the mental acumen and discipline to govern that nation, then you might have my vote.

All these trivial things you people keep pointing out just shows me how battered the psyche of the average Nigerian is. You can not even begin to think of anything outside the status quo. May God help us.

The problems we have in the political arena of Nigeria is summed up here by Okotie himself:

Politics in Nigeria

[i]There are three levels of understanding concerning the politics of Nigeria, particularly, democracy. They are the elitism, ethnicism and satanism. Once you can understand these three concepts, you know how to operate within any political system in the country because elitism is glued to the PDP when you are dealing with democracy that is supposed to be all involving and embracing. So, we know that within any concept or any political climate, there is always that group, the elitist concept of democracy within that group; and once you can address that, you are already making progress.

The elitist group in Nigeria is already being polarised, because we have seen in the political system that there has been no cohesion among the elite. That is why you are seeing here that PDP, as the most gargantuan political party across the continent, is already breaking up. The concept of elitism does not thrive for too long within the system where the people are becoming more enlightened. And how do you make them enlightened? What they always do is to maintain the hold on power in such a way that they send in palliatives to the rest of the people who unconsciously agree with them that there should be evolution of the polity. Rev. Chris Okotie is an evidence of the fact that the concept of elitism in the Nigerian political setup can no longer survive, because I don’t belong to that group.

Next is mysticism. The emergence of mysticism concept is derived from the word, which says ‘it is either me or nothing’. So, what we are facing here is that we have politicians who believe that if they have no hold on power, then there shall be no power. I am just telling you that these are some of the people who create this concept because they have all been demystified. But now, the concept of mysticism no longer holds because now, there are no longer ordinary men like you and me.

Then you have satanism which is just chaos. What they do when they cannot get power is to create chaos. They used chaos as a personal agenda –like if this man does not become president, there is going to be trouble in Nigeria. Beyond that, you see there is nothing that is going to happen, because the things that have been happening in this country show that these things are not going to survive. That is why I am saying that the Nigerian people are more prepared than they used to be. Eventually, you would realise that power belongs to the people. And the global trend shows that institutions that have oppressed the people for so many years, once the people get the enlightenment and they get up and say no, evolutional change must follow. And that is what we are going through. The death of the third term, everybody knows about what happened and we don’t need to worry about that because time by itself has made us to know that all this narrow compartmentalisation can no longer hold.
[b][/b][/i]
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 12:17am On Jul 26, 2006
speaking many languages will enable him to reach out to different people when he is soliciting for votes. About 80% of the electorate are not so enlightened or educated to understand the grammer of the Rev. Even those of us who are fortunate to go to school still are in amazement when ur oga preaches his sermons on TV. The guy will be a good english professor even unto the Queen of England.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 2:29am On Jul 26, 2006
otokx,

Your arguments are so feeble. If he adds hausa to his language skills, what about the other 250 or so languages and dialects spoken in the country? Are those other people irrelevant? When you elevate one language over others, are you not guilty of tribalism? I would understand if you asked if he could speak pidgin english, at least that is still a common language spoken by all.

His elevated diction just gives some of us the opportunity to go back and check the dictionary and learn some more. Isn't that the kind of leader we desire? One that has something to teach and from whom we can learn! Unlike what wee have today, where some of our leaders can't even make a good sentence in one simple language.

Your points are noted otokx, but they are not relevant.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 9:44am On Jul 26, 2006
They can't be relevant to you because your not in the country. How many people in the north speak pidgin english. Have you noticed that bbc in hausa is quite popular? I think the Rev will be good as an Information minister in the next government, better still ambassador to the UK.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2006
otokx,

I may not be in the country now, but I lived there up until 2 years ago and was back in naija a month ago for a 2 weeks visit. Besides I was born and lived in Naija for almost 30 years. I lived in Abuja for 2 years and I worked and visited almost all the northern states while based in Abuja. In all my travels, the only language I speak is english and you will be surprised how many people understand and can relate in english.

I still maintain my stand that given prefernce to one language over another is still an indication that the WAZOBIA mentality which pervades our country is a divider instead of a uniter.

The situation is just like we have in religion in the public square. Most public functions are opened and closed with prayers from Moslems and Christians. My question is: what about practitioners of other religion and those who don't believe in any thing at all? Won't they feel left out of a state function? If we are going to recognise one religion, then we have to recognise all others as well, or else we will be marginalising some.

As Chris Okotie has said, the only thing that binds us together is the national flag, and at all state functions, we shall only open and close with the national anthem. Religion should be left within the context of the place of worship and the State must never be seen giving prefernce to one religion over another. The same holds true for ethnicity and language.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 4:24pm On Jul 26, 2006
Time will reveal the true situations of things. Politically, the hausas and yorubas have advanced themselves so much. Its only in recent times the south - south is being so empowered and that is after taking their lives in their hands. Choosing to ignore this statistics will lead to certain defeat at the polls, OBJ knowledge of hausa was a plus in his second coming even when the yorubas choose to ignore him.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2006
otokx,

While I understand your fears and concerns, I do not agree we need to go on with such polarisation, and winner-takes-it-all mentality that is the order of the day in our politics.

OBJ's knowledge of hausa had nothing to do with his victory, rather he was a stooge in the hands of the hausas to fulfil their selfish interest. Only he seems to now have delivered himself from their hands. The plan was to have him hand over power back to the north, and I hope he dissapoints them totally.

Okotie has his influence with the hausas as well. Do you know he is the only non-northerner on the board of the Aminu Kano board of trustees? I don't believe the north will concede such a position to any body whom they feel is a none-starter. Aminu Kano is the greatest rallying point for the Northerners and that is a great stride for Okotie in my estimation. I believe he is a total nigerian without any ethnic or religious agenda. he has been friends with those who represent national interest and gave a million naira to MKO during his campaign for the presidency. All this and many more is what makes me consider him a good product, even if others might be out there that are better products than he is.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by raldsfield(m): 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2006
Genial:

Alone for who?
angry
For sure you can not serve two masters at the same time

You can not be president and be a pastor one has to give way.

Now you want to know who he should leave the presidency for,

no name in particular, I will say other contestants simple
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2006
radlsfield,

I am inviting you to share your views on the matter of faith and patriotism on a thread I just started (Faith and Patriotism - The Church and the State) under the religion sub-section. I think it'll be a better forum to thrash out this issue of the clergy and politics.

Please be informed that those in government are as much as God's servant as the Pastors are. Who is the master that politicians serve if I may ask? The only time the Bible talks about masters outside of God is in regards to mammon (money). The New Testaments tells us clearly that those in government are God's servant, so I do not know who the other master that a clergy will be serving in government apart from God.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by abiodunade(m): 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2006
I think young Nigerian like Pastor Chris Okotie should be given the change to exhibit what they have to offer this great country.I vehemently support his presidential ambition if God says he will rule Nigeria. Pls. i need the party website of FRESH Party
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 1:52am On Jul 27, 2006
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Mariory(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2006
abiodunade:

I think young Nigerian like Pastor Chris Okotie should be given the change to exhibit what they have to offer this great country.I vehemently support his presidential ambition if God says he will rule Nigeria. Please. i need the party website of FRESH Party

I vehemently oppose his presidential ambition if he's reason for running is that his God told him to do so.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2006
Vote Chris Okotie For President come 2007,
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2006
2007 presidential election or selection? - which one?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Mariory(m): 1:25am On Aug 06, 2006
slimnike:

Vote Chris Okotie For President come 2007,

NO!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Genial(m): 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2006
Well, it does appear the "ayes" currently have the edge.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 12:34am On Aug 08, 2006
otolorin:

2007 presidential election or selection? - which one?
O Boy You know too? cheesy
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 11:11am On Aug 08, 2006
abi now
dem just dey lie for us say election go shele for 2k7, outta 150 million nigerians, only a lil' more that 20 people's vote counts, and the votes are casted on a round table, sumwhere, long b4 the 'figure-head' 2k7 election date!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2006
abi now them just dey lie for us say election go shele for 2k7, out of 150 million nigerians, only a lil' more that 20 people's vote counts, and the votes are casted on a round table, sumwhere, long before the 'figure-head' 2k7 election date!
Your statement would have been funny if not that it is such a sickening thought. So are we just gonna sidon look while these few continue their diabolical hegemony? Men of integrity should stand up and make changes, and the time for that is now.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 9:04am On Aug 09, 2006
TayoD:

Your statement would have been funny if not that it is such a sickening thought. So are we just going to sidon look while these few continue their diabolical hegemony? Men of integrity should stand up and make changes, and the time for that is now.

chairman,

every1 is sick of the sickening tot, d'yu get, but you also are aware that everytime somebody, sumwhere decides to initialise a disruption of the 'round-table', over the years, have been brought down, abruptly, rudely and like suicide bombers, these round-table members get away with it! (sorry abt d round-table description tin - just dat i cant figure out how i could further reduce the attrocity- oriented gatjering of these pple)

how d'yu explain Dele Giwa, Bola Ige, MKO, Funsho Williams, and even daily life-threats issued to the likes of Akunyili, the resignation of Iweala, -

yes, we shouldn't just sitback and watch while these things happen - but for as long as opposition is brought down - and everyman likes to keep his life, at least not losing it to some bloody political ground, - then - we might just be forced to sitback and keep watching!

peace!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2006
@tayod wetin You want make we do now?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by austineogu: 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2006
I`ve always admired Rev Chris as a good preacher, and i feel to give politics a meaning, he should be able to give an answer to his marital life, by getting married. The society that he is to serve will see a better leader when maritally responsible. Why cant he hand over the church to another train minister and do politics. I dont see sincerity and transparency in his whole actions
Austine
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 15, 2006
I'm going to echo austineogu's sentiments. I don't trust what Okotie is doing and I believe he's being really insincere and irresponsible. There's no place for a man of God in politics.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2006
There is no place for a Man of God in Politics.You say.But there is a place for a Man of devil?abi?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by candylips(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2006
no way he cant win
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 3:43am On Sep 21, 2006
I don't know why we're still bothering with this dude! he can't do the job! so even IF he gets there, by some means, na English and apocalypso we go chop?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2006
this man is wishy washy, 1st na lawyer, second na musician, and thirdly na man of God, and politician? we all know how this man get him money now, abeg who are you fooling.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Hugoboi(m): 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2006
@ Odeku
Dude u definitely got issues!! Step off it and quit being a hater, I read your posts and u al;ways ahve sumn negative to say about politics, Lemme ask u a question man, who r u rootin for, First IBB is a crook, next is Atiku,now ur on some Okotie stuff.Honestly i'm tired of ur posts man.they suck!!! Go get busy sum where else
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2006
Hugoboi I am just a Nigeriuan, I call a spade a spade, I know Okotie from way back, if you dont believe me, I have pics to prove it, so don't open your basket mouth. Just because im not blind folded by IBB, ATIKU and co dont mean I should reason like you.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Hugoboi(m): 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2006
I'm not swayed by apostle wannabes like you.Stop whinnin!!!.If ur papa was in their shoes,he'll do worse.So shut up and lets breathe.Nairaland aint yo' papa's house ok
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2006
Hugoboi you are an idiot, just cause someone don't agree with you and your Okotie dude you attack him personally, what a primitive idea been exhibit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

FG Releases Breakdown Of 2017 VAT Revenue For 10 Months / You're Going Home By 2.am And You See This On The Way What Will You Do / Shiites: Our Protest Would Not Stop Until El-Zakzaky Is Freed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.