Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks (52677 Views)

2023: Trouble For Osinbajo - The Sun / Inside EFCC Report On Corruption Allegations Against Obasanjo / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by adanny01(m): 8:43am On Oct 05, 2017
spotty232:

I get you, but you should know that the government is not just buhari, buhari is leading a gov, there are other people in the same government, I have no evidence to say if buhari is or is not behind this , but the fact is the corruption you say is fighting back is part of this government, lets call a spade a spade

In your view, corruption is government and government is corruption, abi?

Am trying to make a point out of your post.
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by ebbo(m): 8:43am On Oct 05, 2017
istandfortruth:
Aha! I've been expecting this. You speak against this government then suddenly the EFCC remembers you in thier so called antigraft war. Same tactic repeated over and over again. Kachikwu is no fool, he won't have a genuin case to answer EFCC and yet accuse a serving GMD of corruption because he knows the usual response from this government is counter accusation. They do this because they know that gullible Nigerians will forget the first accusation and follow whatever the media feeds them with grin

Pls check the dates on the memo PDP supporter

1 Like

Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by SalamRushdie: 8:47am On Oct 05, 2017
ReubenE:

My brother, the only person that needs to go is President Buhari.
The man is a monumental failure of epic proportions. The sad part is, some Nigerians still hope something good will come from this man. Nigeria no doubt is suffering a catastrophic leadership epidermic championed by Mr. President.

The worst fate that can befall a nation is to have Buhari as president....

Why is this particular report in the public now? Is it because the Minister sang a chorus? From what I understand, this is not a recent happening. Why did the administration keep mum about it for this long, only for it to surface now.
I now agree with the saying that not all souls can be redeemed. Not all countries can be redeemed either....

Spot on Sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by ebbo(m): 8:47am On Oct 05, 2017
factsandfigures:
Sensible Nigerians are expecting this familiar line. Very soon they will come with reports on how Kachikwu stole billions from NNPC and how he built mansions in Venus and Mars. They just succeeded in exposing the demonic manoeuvring that has been going on. This report was written more than a year ago and if Kachickwu was indicted, why was he retained as Minister of State for Petroleum? How many of such reports have been written about other Ministers that are being held to be released whenever they refused to fall in line?

We would not be surprised if they even discovered billions of Naira in his apartment. The line is simple: Speak against the APC government and you will be tagged corrupt!
The sad realities is that some Nigerians even professors and SANs have been afflicted with conspiracy of blindly supporting the unsupportable!

But GMD Baru is not an APC member na, u guys guys like talking anyhow sha
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by smardray(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2017
Sunmolar:

you sound audible and wise anytime you shut up
is that why u just sounded so foolish
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by AnanseK(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2017
BALLOSKI:
even me sef don try to call you.

Thanks BALLOSKI!
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by tiwiex(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2017
jumobi1:
Need more facts. Oil companies deal with a lot of money.
Seconded. I notice the money trail did not even point to NNPC as the source. The whole stuff just means nothing. What was the point of the investigation? To prove that Dumebi Kachukwu (who is that?) has a chain of businesses and moves money through them? I thought the argument was going to point to a government source of illegal funding. No wonder it was never released or Kachikwu sacked. Abi am I missing some info here? Kachikwu was the MD of Exxon Mobil for sake. Is this too much for his business transactions? Simple consultancy will have earned him this money abeg. But it is sad that PMB has not seen his minister of state since he returned. Who has been briefing him. PMB too has a blame here. Cabal or not.

This just looks like a "keep quiet" investigation jare. They assumed this was a weapon that would have kept him quiet and started chopping.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by AnanseK(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2017
laudate:
Anansek where you dey? cheesy

Laudate , how are you?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by BALLOSKI: 8:51am On Oct 05, 2017
AnanseK:

Thanks BALLOSKI!
you're welcome
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by lonelydora: 8:51am On Oct 05, 2017
smardray:
we don't want any complications
write to jubrin directly

You cracked me up. Jubrin for real ?
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by chicoMX(m): 8:53am On Oct 05, 2017
ojlifa:
I do not think you know what you are talking about President Buhari is the last of his kind the only one left in Nigeria.in fact if not for him Nigeria would have finished.I always say it God has specail love for Nigeria.with the rubbish GEJ boys and girls did.Nigeria was on life support when PMB took over it is called economic bubble go and check it up

Na your life dey on life support, not my Nigeria. You berra just keep quiet if you don't have anything reasonable to contribute
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by kosire(m): 8:54am On Oct 05, 2017
I don't really know what to do with PMB... Whether to fry his balls n give to my dog or Dry it and give him to eat....But He must chose one... That man is no good to us..
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by morningsta(m): 8:54am On Oct 05, 2017
I just wasted my time reading this trash. This can not possibly be coming from the office of the EFCC. The writer of this gibberish failed to tell us how this is connected to corruption. Mumu people. angry angry angry
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by dane15: 8:56am On Oct 05, 2017
Proper investigations should be carried out. Enough of media trial.

If you check the below weblink, you will see that Ibe and his allegedly corrupt brother (according to EFCC) have reportedly not been on talking terms for some time.

http://treasure.com.ng/5280-2-ibe-kachikwu-brother-dumebi/

His issue with EFCC has been on the media for a long time. So why does it look like the EFCC is trying to rope Ibe in after he sang?

Ibe and Baru should be given the opportunity to defend themselves with concrete evidence.

If Ibe has violated his office, let him resign.

The same should apply to Baru.

Nigeria first. No one should be above the law.
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by adanny01(m): 9:02am On Oct 05, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
But you blamed Jonathan for everytin?

Yes i did, Jonathan gave NOI the order to give Dasuki Billions of Naira against her advice, knowing fully well the money was an illegal diversion. NOI said it, Dasuki said it, Jonathan didnt deny it.

You also need to tell me that Buhari gave the NNPC GMD the order to spend those monies the way he did.
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by tiwiex(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2017
adanny01:

I support your point but defer on the your inference on the government.

When you say government, it means Buhari ordered the release of this counter accusation on the Minister. I see no motive for a whole President to engage in mudslinging.

The person who has a motive is the NNPC GMD and his cronies. They are more likely to have a grievance to want to tarnish the image of their tormentor.

A lot of people always mention either the government or APC but i see the insinuations as baseless. Its corruption that is fighting back while rubbing mud on the government's responsibilities.

Its embarrassing to the government but the government wont embarass themselves.

I am still looking through this document for the counter accusation. Please help me. There is no reference to where the N1b came from. It is just jumping from one private firm to another. Is that a crime. I thought they were trying to sho the money came from NNPC. I am missing something here. Now, I am sure jare.
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by dwas: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2017
istandfortruth:
Aha! I've been expecting this. You speak against this government then suddenly the EFCC remembers you in thier so called antigraft war. Same tactic repeated over and over again. Kachikwu is no fool, he won't have a genuin case to answer EFCC and yet accuse a serving GMD of corruption because he knows the usual response from this government is counter accusation. They do this because they know that gullible Nigerians will forget the first accusation and follow whatever the media feeds them with grin

Thank you. This is much expected. Issues should be treated independently. If either Kachukwu or GMD found guilty, they should be made to face the law. That Kachukwu is guilty is not enough reason for GMD to be reckless with public resources
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by colli247(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2017
Ddaji:
Continuation
OK OOH APC CHANGE OYA WERE ARE THOSE AFONJA BOYS KEYBOARD SOLDIER
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:07am On Oct 05, 2017
adanny01:

Yes i did, Jonathan gave NOI the order to give Dasuki Billions of Naira against her advice, knowing fully well the money was an illegal diversion. NOI said it, Dasuki said it, Jonathan didnt deny it.

You also need to tell me that Buhari gave the NNPC GMD the order to spend those monies the way he did.
But Buhari is the minister of petroleum?
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by Nukilia: 9:09am On Oct 05, 2017
Annie939:
a party full of lies and propaganda look at our economy it's 100 per cent dead now there past is hurting them.

They do not believe the economy is dead at the moment, they still keep feeding the masses with lies about the past administration. I am sure they'll soon run out of lies and excuses.
We are all stuck in the mud of incompetence which will take another decade for full recovery.
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by spotty232(m): 9:11am On Oct 05, 2017
adanny01:

In your view, corruption is government and government is corruption, abi?

Am trying to make a point out of your post.

If we fail to tell our selves the truth, then we are just like the same politicians we criticize,we should forget who we love who we respect who we voted for, and say the truth when the truth needs to be said. Unbiased criticism is what keeps the developed countries where they are now, and we remain a third world country, every name mentioned in the letter from buhari to maru to the cabal to kachukwu himself are all part of the government and you say I should disassociate the corruption from the gov...
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by Sunnyja: 9:11am On Oct 05, 2017
clarocuzioo:
Since 2016 this letter has been written and we did not hear anything about it or the furtherance of its investigation, and just because recently Ibe Kaichukwu raised some salient points about the MR. Baru and we are we are now seeing this in the public domain.
It's really pathetic of this government, speak against it and efcc is sent after you immediately, obvious they want everybody to shut up while things go astray in this country.

There's also another dimension am considering, from Kaichukwu's letter, he said he tried to see the president for sometime But it was impossible, does it mean that the president is totally inaccessible? If that's the case then this country is doomed with this administration.
The man was once referred his ministers as noise makers.
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by Dovadje(m): 9:16am On Oct 05, 2017
for the best of news,sport,entertainment,fashion,gist,politics >>>> Dovadjes Blog (www.dovadjesblog.com)[/font]

Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by colli247(m): 9:16am On Oct 05, 2017
Ddaji:
Following the leakage of the complaint letter written against the NNPC Group Managing Director, Dr Maikanti, by the Minister of State, Dr Ibe Kachukwu, somebody decided to leak EFCC report commissioned on Dr. Kachukwu. There is always two sides to a story. You be the judge. It is mind boggling.
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT WHEN AN HAUSA COW IS IN POWER AND OCCUPY EVERY WERE
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by EKPETI(m): 9:16am On Oct 05, 2017
This report is not pointing to Ibe Kachukwu but kept mentioning Dumebi Kachukwu. Yoruba adage says "Ika to ba she ni oba nge". The report said they re still investigating.

What crime has Ibe Kachukwu committed? U guys should tell me? maybe I did not see it.

To PMB, what are u doing to these allegations? Am not seeing zero tolerance to corruption here but seeing corruption on display and PMB turning blind eye.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by jayson87: 9:22am On Oct 05, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Just listen to yourself, you are sounding like a broken record already. If Kachukwu was found to be corrupt since last yr, what is he still doing in this government? So you mean that the govt found him corrupt and still kept him so that he won't speak against corrupt practises when he encounters them? This your logic is flawed on both sides. You should really be ashamed of yourself right now.
Ashamed of myself. You are ill-informed, Minister for Women Affairs has some misappropriation of funds allegations which she was found guilty, she is still in government. You should be ashamed of yourself, stop defending corruption. This goats are not saints stop defending them
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by AnanseK(m): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2017
clarocuzioo:
Since 2016 this letter has been written and we did not hear anything about it or the furtherance of its investigation, and just because recently Ibe Kaichukwu raised some salient points about the MR. Baru and we are we are now seeing this in the public domain.
It's really pathetic of this government, speak against it and efcc is sent after you immediately, obvious they want everybody to shut up while things go astray in this country.
There's also another dimension am considering, from Kaichukwu's letter, he said he tried to see the president for sometime But it was impossible, does it mean that the president is totally inaccessible? If that's the case then this country is doomed with this administration.

View the matter in sequence my friend. Don't be blinded by emotions. The investigation on Kachikwu has been going on for a while ( see the dates) . President returns and matter is coming to a head. Kachikwu is in trouble and he panicks. Has a close meeting with friends and sympathizers. The enemy is Baru. The drawning Kachikwu will not sink alone so he has to rope in Baru. But telling the President about Baru may not bring the confusion and public sympathy that Kachikwu requires urgently. So he writes a letter to the President and shares it widely with the press and other media and claims that the President is inaccessible. This is what is happening right now. He is creating the required confusion and also attracting sympathy from anti-government fronts.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by jayson87: 9:25am On Oct 05, 2017
fabre4:

I can swear u didn't even read that report but you're just replying what u don't even understand.

There was nothing incriminating on Emmanuel kachikwu I don't know the essence of going to school if u can't read and comprehend
Idiottt I read, I was just trying to get at some persons saying it's a witch hunt and attack on Kaichukwu.
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by Olumaeme: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2017
istandfortruth:

So you think Kachikwu is not corrupt? All of them Na criminal
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by Mambox: 9:34am On Oct 05, 2017
clarocuzioo:

This perhaps is the precursor to his being relieved of the post of GMD of NNPC and retained strictly as Minister of State for Petroleum.

At least ethnic jingoists now see that this is clearly a case of ego tussle in the breach of official protocol for self aggrandisement.

More to come. Pass the popcorn please...

Peace!
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 05, 2017
Ddaji:
Following the leakage of the complaint letter written against the NNPC Group Managing Director, Dr Maikanti, by the Minister of State, Dr Ibe Kachukwu, somebody decided to leak EFCC report commissioned on Dr. Kachukwu. There is always two sides to a story. You be the judge. It is mind boggling.

For d first time, I'll (sadly) admit this........THE CABAL IS REALLY GOOD
MAMMAN DAURA AND ABBA KYARI HANDWORK
A little 'mistake' of Kachikwu will be the cancer cell the cabal will capitalize on to remove him
Nigeria (NNPC and OIL SECTOR) is irredeemable angry
Re: EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks by yaki84: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2017
ReubenE:

It is very unfortunate you hold the opinion that Nigeria is not finished already.
It is legendary that people like you still hold the view that Buhari is the man when all facts points in the opposite direction.

Its absurd to think Buhari just maybe is using some charm to garner followership but again I do not think there is any charm potent enough to bewitch a large number of people like his followers.
If that be the case, then what is wrong with all this people that refuse to see beyond president Buhari's pretence that he is as bad as those we condemn?

Though, I agree with you that President Buhari is the last of his kind. His kind only administer pain, anguish, hunger, worthlessness and death.
He is the last of his kind because Abacha is gone, Idi Amin Dada, Mobutu Sese sekou, Pharoah, Benito Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin etc they are all gone.

this dish is too hot, make i fut zam furidge make e cold small.
Nice dish tho'

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of Captured Boko Haram Members / Fayose Attacks APC Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Tribune(pic / Lalong Declares Curfew In Jos As Hausa And Igbo Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.