Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,878 members, 7,838,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Am I Over Reacting? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Over Reacting? (8518 Views)

I'm Worried Am I Over Reacting ? / AM I Over Reacting / Am I Over Reacting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Over Reacting? by rebranded(m): 12:16am On Mar 11, 2010
From my experience, shes prob seeing someone else, and you probably drove her to it somehow,

'll say withstand the storm, be patient, no quarells, just patience my brother, and like someone said, talk to her about the effects of her new behavior
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by H2O2: 12:20am On Mar 11, 2010
Pweety4me:

She is cheating Ooo. . . cheesy shocked lipsrsealed

Try again sha. . .never give up on d 1 u love. .
wink cool
applesauce. people regurgitate those lines too naively.

love isn't enough. it requires action.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 12:22am On Mar 11, 2010
rebranded:

From my experience, shes prob seeing someone else, and you probably drove her to it somehow,

'll say withstand the storm, be patient, no quarells, just patience my brother, and like someone said, talk to her about the effects of her new behavior

Drove her to it? Dude, i don't mean to be bashful but i treat this right like no other.We spend lots of quality time together, i pay attention and listen to her, take her out, never forget her birthday (amongst others).I show her 100% TLC.If you see us on the street, you'd think it's a fresh relationship with all the butterflies.We act like we just fell in love yesterday.

About talking to her, i have done that over and over and over again.Everything goes to voice mail!
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Pweety4me(f): 12:23am On Mar 11, 2010
H2O2:

applesauce. people regurgitate those lines too naively.

love isn't enough. it requires action.

I am not pple ooo. . .we'll i am just talking jare.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by omomakun: 12:27am On Mar 11, 2010
Bros you really need to sit and talk to her and let her know that her behavior is unacceptable if you guys are gonna get married. Maybe you should ask her what you've done or didn't do. Omo marriage is not an easy thing o! A broken engagement is better than a broken home ,
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by luvbooks(f): 12:28am On Mar 11, 2010
From all you said, no. I don't think you are overreacting.
But for now I think the best option is to giver her some space. Whether she asks for it or not. Tell her you want a break. Make sure she understands that you KNOW there is a problem but until she is ready to discuss it with you , your hands are tied and you don't like scenarios in which the other party is keeping secrets.
Keep an open mind about all the secretiveness she is exhibiting. From what you've said, she's definitely hiding something, but as of now, you're still in the dark. So try not to assume the worst.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by switosman(m): 12:30am On Mar 11, 2010
@ poster

Maybe yes you are over reacting or no, you are not.

the issue is  one kind.
ist, how long have this been going on?
can you pin point the beginning of all these?

the solution.

from my case, I am the hard lover type but very responsible cos I respect the marriage institution so much. so i give u some hard tactics,

1. Assure her that you want this marriage n if she does not want it she is free to say so ( give her a time period){my philosophy here is U CANT HAVE WHAT U R NOT READY TO LOSE}.

2. maybe you are an open book, she can read you so well, hence she can manipulate you well. reset yourself, have an element of surprise.

3. wear your " i dont care cap" this time bend toward " I dont care if u dont care too".

4. the big test: tell her U dont want to die now, her recent actions are not good for your health, she can go some place, she should give u a break to regain some freshness into your life. she may need time to try out her new found companions.

before all these make sure u have tried to make see sense. tell her people too, dont give details even when they ask.
tell her friends too. if she has a pastor tell him too. then lock up n apply the above rules.

NOTE. WHATEVER U DO AFTER A WHILE DO CALL HER ON PHONE, HER RESPONSE WILL TELL U IF SHE REALLY WANTS IT OR SHE IS JUST PULLING your LEGS.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 12:33am On Mar 11, 2010
luvbooks:

From all you said, no. I don't think you are overreacting.
But for now I think the best option is to giver her some space. Whether she asks for it or not. Tell her you want a break. Make sure she understands that you KNOW there is a problem but until she is ready to discuss it with you , your hands are tied and you don't like scenarios in which the other party is keeping secrets.
Keep an open mind about all the secretiveness she is exhibiting. From what you've said, she's definitely hiding something, but as of now, you're still in the dark. So try not to assume the worst.

It's as if you were there when we talked yesterday concerning secrets.This is a girl that gets mad when i don't tell her things and here she is. . .keeping secrets. . .dirty ones at that.If i hadn't discovered for myself, she wouldn't have told me nada. I feel so used.I feel like a sucked orange peel in the dumpster!
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by latepa(m): 12:34am On Mar 11, 2010
Bros YEH !! i suggest make you leave the girl YEH because she don dey do am SIDE YEH and i believe she wan WAA!! your remaining life YEH  grin grin
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 12:35am On Mar 11, 2010
omomakun:

Bros you really need to sit and talk to her and let her know that her behavior is unacceptable if you guys are gonna get married. Maybe you should ask her what you've done or didn't do. Omo marriage is not an easy thing o! A broken engagement is better than a broken home ,

Mr guy, i don do all dat one already.All dey enter voice mail. No reply. Wetin man go do? E be like say she no send anything again.She no even dey show remorse sef, instead na to dey yarn say i dey accuse am falsely.Imagine!
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by luvbooks(f): 12:37am On Mar 11, 2010
harakiri:

It's as if you were there when we talked yesterday concerning secrets.This is a girl that gets mad when i don't tell her things and here she is. . .keeping secrets. . .dirty ones at that.If i hadn't discovered for myself, she wouldn't have told me nada. I feel so used.I feel like a sucked orange peel in the dumpster!

Yeah i could sense that she was that type of person cos u mentioned she went ballistic when your ex called to give you her condolences. Definitely not the type of girl you want to keep secrets from.  Her nonchalant attitude is also a big red flag. She's most def trying to tell you something . . . she prolly just doesn't have the courage to do it the right way.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 12:38am On Mar 11, 2010
switosman:

@ poster

Maybe yes you are over reacting or no, you are not.

the issue is  one kind.
ist, how long have this been going on?
can you pin point the beginning of all these?

the solution.

from my case, I am the hard lover type but very responsible cos I respect the marriage institution so much. so i give u some hard tactics,

1. Assure her that you want this marriage n if she does not want it she is free to say so ( give her a time period){my philosophy here is U CANT HAVE WHAT U R NOT READY TO LOSE}.

2. maybe you are an open book, she can read you so well, hence she can manipulate you well. reset yourself, have an element of surprise.

3. wear your " i dont care cap" this time bend toward " I dont care if u dont care too".

4. the big test: tell her U dont want to die now, her recent actions are not good for your health, she can go some place, she should give u a break to regain some freshness into your life. she may need time to try out her new found companions.

before all these make sure u have tried to make see sense. tell her people too, dont give details even when they ask.
tell her friends too. if she has a pastor tell him too. then lock up n apply the above rules.

NOTE. WHATEVER U DO AFTER A WHILE DO CALL HER ON PHONE, HER RESPONSE WILL TELL U IF SHE REALLY WANTS IT OR SHE IS JUST PULLING your LEGS.

I have done all of the above except talk to her friends and pastor.No reply.All entered voice mail.She seems so heartless these days.Like she doesn't care.Even when i laid it out to her, she has the nonchalant attitude e.g anything wey wan happen, make e happen!
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 11, 2010
ur relationship is over. Get used to it. A woman who truly wants you will fight tooth and nail to keep you after 3 yrs. She's adjusted to you leaving her means that was what she wanted all along. She's probably heaving a sigh of relief and planning the new rendezvous while you're here weeping.

1 Like

Re: Am I Over Reacting? by switosman(m): 12:41am On Mar 11, 2010
Mr guy, i don do all dat one already.All dey enter voice mail. No reply. Wetin man go do? E be like say she no send anything again.She no even dey show remorse sef, instead na to dey yarn say i dey accuse am falsely.Imagine!

then u can start shouting out to people that know her well. so when it comes to the open she may open up. do u keep records if not then start a write up on all ur effort. my take is some thing is beating some rough music for her somewhere, unless she tries that she will not reason
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by H2O2: 12:43am On Mar 11, 2010
Break? Space? After 3 years?  Do you take breaks and spaces in your marriages too? Bad idea.  This woman who is already being uncooperative will gladly take this break to explore whatever options are out there for her, and she will not give you a guarantee of coming back. THe only break you need is a permanent one.  Either resolve matters or both y'all get on with your separate lives.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 11, 2010
switosman na story u dey tell. This woman is practically tired of the relationship and wants out. Bros is holding on for something that no longer exists.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Folala(m): 12:45am On Mar 11, 2010
See sometimes when a guy is faithful and giving 100% in a relationship, obviously u tend to over react but you give her a long rope to hang herself meanwhile for ya own good better  to stop dreaming abt marriage.  wink
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 12:46am On Mar 11, 2010
davidylan:

your relationship is over. Get used to it. A woman who truly wants you will fight tooth and nail to keep you after 3 yrs. She's adjusted to you leaving her means that was what she wanted all along. She's probably heaving a sigh of relief and planning the new rendezvous while you're here weeping.

Damn!
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by rickie4us(m): 12:52am On Mar 11, 2010
you are not over reacting but check yourself too ,
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by switosman(m): 12:52am On Mar 11, 2010
take this story it might show wisdom.

One elderly man had his wife of so many years appointed a local government caretaker committee one time like that. when this old bloke saw less of his wife he called some friend n relation to a party just to inform them to start looking for a young fine n well behaved girl for him to marry. that at his age now he need some care n he is not denying himself that.

u know what, when his wife start getting calls from all corner no body told her to do the right thing. she had to weigh her case n fine out her husband is more important to the LGA stuff. she resigned.

@davdylan
switosman na story u dey tell. This woman is practically tired of the relationship and wants out. Bros is holding on for something that no longer exists.

bros, its not bad to want something to bad, some can kill to have it. poster is in his right to want n until its proved the he cant, he cant do alot even toll some friends along, male n F.

haraakiri get some fun with it, get some spare, show ur skill let her know its her u want but if she dont want u can as well give it out.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 12:55am On Mar 11, 2010
rickie4us:

you are not over reacting but check yourself too ,

Check myself for. . .?
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 12:56am On Mar 11, 2010
switosman:

take this story it might show wisdom.

One elderly man had his wife of so many years appointed a local government caretaker committee one time like that. when this old bloke saw less of his wife he called some friend n relation to a party just to inform them to start looking for a young fine n well behaved girl for him to marry. that at his age now he need some care n he is not denying himself that.

u know what, when his wife start getting calls from all corner no body told her to do the right thing. she had to weigh her case n fine out her husband is more important to the LGA stuff. she resigned.

@davdylan

bros, its not bad to want something to bad, some can kill to have it. poster is in his right to want n until its proved the he cant, he cant do alot even toll some friends along male n F

I get the picture but is it worth it going through all that hassle?
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by switosman(m): 12:58am On Mar 11, 2010
yes if she is important to you but if she is not then why are u here. go get another girl.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 11, 2010
switosman, your analogy doesnt hold up here. Madam had obviously been married to her husband for yrs. Its not easy to throw away yrs of marriage with kids away for a LGA appointment. Harakiri's gf is not in that boat. She has nothing to lose, there are men lined up to replace him tomorrow if he takes a walk.

There is a saying . . . when a man says he is done with a relationship his woman can still coax him back with tears and serious begging. When a woman is done, even if God were to come down and beg her there is no hope for you.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 1:04am On Mar 11, 2010
switosman:

yes if she is important to you but if she is not then why are u here. go get another girl.

She is important to me but i don't think i'm that important to her anymore coz like Davidylan said earlier, if she takes me seriously after 3+ years of serious dating, she would fight to the death for this relationship but currently, all i see is an " i don't care" attitude.Sometimes, i get the feeling that she's been waiting for this to happen all along.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Kilode1: 1:12am On Mar 11, 2010
@ harakiri

Read the post below carefully and act! it will solve your problem.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-396243.0.html
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by blueflame1: 1:12am On Mar 11, 2010
Harakiri: If u r actually intending to marry this girl, you should be more worried about her gross disrespect to u and 'impossible' attitude of hers towards reasonable conversation.

Lets assume she is cheating on u; that could be dealt with, probably she would even deal with it herself after she gets married (not condonable, but analysed to show this is a situation that can be brought under control)

But for disrespect, bad attitude, contempt and lack of regards for u; you should be more worried about that if u r considering marrying her, it is almost impossible to change an adults attitude and her characteristics are such that could lead to a violent and unhappy future for u.

It is best u cut your losses and move on now rather than get into a doomed marriage whose end is likely to be worse than is reasonably predictable.
Unless u r intent on committing Harakiri (japanese for suicide)
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 1:18am On Mar 11, 2010
blueflame1:

Harakiri: If u r actually intending to marry this girl, you should be more worried about her gross disrespect to u and 'impossible' attitude of hers towards reasonable conversation.

Lets assume she is cheating on u; that could be dealt with, probably she would even deal with it herself after she gets married (not condonable, but analysed to show this is a situation that can be brought under control)

But for disrespect, bad attitude, contempt and lack of regards for u; you should be more worried about that if u r considering marrying her, it is almost impossible to change an adults attitude and her characteristics are such that could lead to a violent and unhappy future for u.

It is best u cut your losses and move on now rather than get into a doomed marriage whose end is likely to be worse than is reasonably predictable.
Unless u r intent on committing Harakiri (japanese for suicide)

Actually it was her new found attitude that caught my attention e.g phone calls,avoiding me at all costs when she comes around (of recent, she just comes in and props herself on the sofa or bed and sleeps off. . .amazing!)
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 11, 2010
her attitude is not the problem, its a symptom of a much larger issue. She's done with harakiri. After 3 yrs its kinda hard to initiate a break-up by being honest about it, she'd rather provoke him to dumping her. A woman doesnt make a conscious effort to avoid you if she cares about you and is thinking about you as a potential husband.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by troublenot: 1:25am On Mar 11, 2010
poster
breaks my heart to read this.
happened to me.
dated a gurl for almost four yrs then
she exhibited same behavior as your gurl too.
said it was some uncle, later some harmless friend.
had the opportunity of going tru her fone one night.
what i saw was heart rending.
funny we are still togeda though (5yrs now) tongue

what is happening is some other dude(s) has cooed into her hers and she's listening.
you should call her and warn you will have none of that.
apparently u r her safe card.
she can now take u for granted
let her know its u or the other guy(s)
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 1:29am On Mar 11, 2010
Kilode?!:

@ harakiri

Read the post below carefully and act! it will solve your problem.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-396243.0.html

I just read through them article there and there are a lot of uncomfortable truths there.I feel so useless and naive.I'll read through it again.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 11, 2010
@ poster

Even if we tell you to leave her, you won't. Guys like you like girls who give them suffer head. Or else you go dump am before even coming to NL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are All Nigerian Men Dieing For This Girl?? / Because A Nigerian Girl Is With A White Man, Does It Make Her A Slut? / "I Bought 20 Cars With My Big Bum Bum" - Curvy Lady Says (pics And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.