Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,832 members, 7,851,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:40 AM

Am I Over Reacting? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Over Reacting? (8529 Views)

I'm Worried Am I Over Reacting ? / AM I Over Reacting / Am I Over Reacting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 1:31am On Mar 11, 2010
davidylan:

her attitude is not the problem, its a symptom of a much larger issue. She's done with harakiri. After 3 yrs its kinda hard to initiate a break-up by being honest about it, she'd rather provoke him to dumping her. A woman doesnt make a conscious effort to avoid you if she cares about you and is thinking about you as a potential husband.

Dude, it seems you've been through this farce before.It's as if she's pouring gasoline over the relationship and begging me to burn it!
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 1:36am On Mar 11, 2010
michelin89:

@ poster

Even if we tell you to leave her, you won't. Guys like you like girls who give them suffer head. Or else you go dump am before even coming to NL.

Michiegirl,

Why u dey talk like dis na? I already know what to do. . .i came to NL to seek for more advice coz this is my first time of breaking up a serious relationship of 3+ years. . . no be beans. Why i go like girl to give me suffer head? I don't like unnecessary stress and this relationship is giving me nothing but stress and unhappiness.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 11, 2010
I havent be thru it before but i've been in a situation where i asked for a break-up and i know what the reaction of a woman who is thinking of building her life around you is. She will do anything . . . to the extent of getting your own mother to directly threaten you not to leave her.

Leave story abeg . . . this one that she doesnt seem to care about you means she's just bidding her time until you get tired and leave. Why do some of you even stay with a woman 3 yrs without knowing her intentions? She doesnt seem like she even wants to marry you even though thats what you say you want.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by switosman(m): 1:37am On Mar 11, 2010
its time I come out. mine ended the way that makes me happy.

there was this girl I met like when she was in 3rd year n in her final year I focused on her for marriage. told her this is what I want to do n if she wants it good with me.my mum liked her like mad.

well as time went on, she started showing some bad color, she will snub me for no reason, at first I tot maybe I v done something bad. I will beg to get her talking. at a time I just told her to stop this snubbing stuff. that I am a husband to be n snubbing shld be her survival tactics in school. well she did not change but the height was the period I called my dad to inform him of my plans for introduction. he demanded for some info, which when i called my girl to give those info, babe went deaf n dumb. to me I concluded she need space n went on to give her dat.

next she showed up at my house accusing me of not caring, not calling, not texting. I showed her record of all my effort to reach her. next she walk out on me. i called on her to stop, she just stumped on.

well I said, this is it. I dont call anymore, I even called my dad n told him to disregard what I told him previously.

Next I call babe to lambaste her, if she got another guy, she could tell me in a friendly way,than to behave that way. as for me life goes on. then I had a professional exam to write. I lock out my mind put all my effort into my studies n wao. i lost the girl but passed my exams, today my salary has increased, i got another girl.

this ex, after a while came visiting asking me what is my plan for her. trust me, I told her to forget it, my mind is not with her anymore,know what/ she said i never had any love for her. i was wondering I made efforts to get her to her senses but she was too stubborn n I felt her music will soon run out but will be there to offer her a hanky?

harakiri,

if u want then u want but if u dont want take a walk, definitely she will come to her sense but will u be there fore her. something is beating that music, until its over she will continue to give u shit. how long can u take shit. or psychologically u cant revert the table.

give her time to dance tro the music, if u want her then she will be yours full heart.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 11, 2010
men like harakiri are too soft. A woman is unecessarily rude to you and she can still come in and make herself comfortable on my sofa? I must be having flu that day for that to happen.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by switosman(m): 1:48am On Mar 11, 2010
ur explanation show u really care for this babe. to tell u the truth, she care for u too just that she is confused. why will she keep on coming to ur place even at that? why has she not walked out on u? guy she is in a period of I want n at same time I do not want. it take some one more mature n one she respect to talk sense to her.

if she want a break then give her the break n see what happens. its a period promise her u wait for her within that period. try it n see.

it take one to lose something dear to value such,
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 11, 2010
davidylan:

men like harakiri are too soft. A woman is unecessarily rude to you and she can still come in and make herself comfortable on my sofa? I must be having flu that day for that to happen.

The cane wey you hide under your sofa don lash too many bottos! grin
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 11, 2010
switosman:

your explanation show u really care for this babe. to tell u the truth, she care for u too just that she is confused. why will she keep on coming to your place even at that? why has she not walked out on u? guy she is in a period of I want  n at same time I do not want. it take some one more mature n one she respect to talk sense to her.

if she want a break then give her the break n see what happens. its a period promise her u wait for her within that period. try it n see.

maybe because she's used to it after 3 yrs +? My guy all that doesnt mean a thing . . .
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by H2O2: 1:49am On Mar 11, 2010
It's not his fault.  It's the chemical imbalance that's happening 'cause he's in love.  i would probably do the same until i snap out of it  cheesy
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 11, 2010
H2O2:

It's not his fault.  It's the chemical imbalance that's happening 'cause he's in love.  i would probably do the same until i snap out of it  cheesy

I see. . .but I wonder who is desperate enough to love you.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:51am On Mar 11, 2010
michelin89:

The cane wey you hide under your sofa don lash too many bottos! grin

no i dont flog women . . . i just gently walk them out. I leave the koboko for kinky chics like u. grin
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 11, 2010
davidylan:

no i dont flog women . . . i just gently walk them out. I leave the koboko for kinky chics like u. grin

I remember the time I wore a pair of jeans shorts to school. I'll need to buy one when next I visit you.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 11, 2010
michelin89:

I remember the time I wore a pair of jeans shorts to school. I'll need to buy one when next I visit you.

i'm all for it. grin
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 1:55am On Mar 11, 2010
davidylan:

Kai!

I don suffer.Shey love na bad thing or e better make person dey do multiple dating? I been think say one man-one woman na the best.See as i come be like mumu.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by agabaI23(m): 1:57am On Mar 11, 2010
What did she go to do in friend finder ( Adult friend finder linked abi) when she is in happy relationship?

Assuming she could go there for fun, why give out her number to whoever?

You know the grass is always greener on the other side.

May be you allow her test that other side and see what happens.

Do not kill yourself over a human being who from you story is losing interest in you.

She will come back.  She probably has met someone who promised her a car and a life in heaven. What she is trying to do now is to blame the breakdown on you considering the time and resources you have invested. She is feeling guilty already but is determined to move on.

Give her the space to act out her movie and  just be the spectator. You are a man. Enjoy being single for a while and take another plunge.

I am sure you already have viable options grin Good luck
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 1:58am On Mar 11, 2010
switosman:

your explanation show u really care for this babe. to tell u the truth, she care for u too just that she is confused. why will she keep on coming to your place even at that? why has she not walked out on u? guy she is in a period of I want  n at same time I do not want. it take some one more mature n one she respect to talk sense to her.

As this juncture, what i feel or don't feel is irrelevant.The way i see it now, the whole "love thingy" makes people lose objectivity and perception.It's about time i cut my losses and got back to living for me and me only.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Onlytruth(m): 1:58am On Mar 11, 2010
@harakiri

Where do you live? You sound like you live in America. . .
Anyway davidylan nailed it with this quote:

davidylan:

your relationship is over. Get used to it. A woman who truly wants you will fight tooth and nail to keep you after 3 yrs. She's adjusted to you leaving her means that was what she wanted all along. She's probably heaving a sigh of relief and planning the new rendezvous while you're here weeping.

There is always a danger of loving a woman more than she loves you. I keep telling my friends not to do it but some them won't listen. The same logic that davidylan put up is the truth. If a man loves a woman he can take any misbehavior from her. If she doesn't love him, even GOD cannot help him. One of my friends has a wife who cheats openly on him -even brings guys to their home; he still proclaims his "love". I called him st.upid. This is why some guys don't believe in marriage.
You loved this girl more than she loved you. So, now you have to lose. Pick up the pieces of your heart and move on. That's life!  cry
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by agabaI23(m): 2:00am On Mar 11, 2010
Idiagbon said that men laugh twice a year (I was told grin)

Show a woman your soft side often and she takes it for granted. She will quickly look for another 'strong man'.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 2:03am On Mar 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

@harakiri

Where do you live? You sound like you live in America. . .
Anyway davidylan nailed it with this quote:

There is always a danger of loving a woman more than she loves you. I keep telling my friends not to do it but some them won't listen. The same logic that davidylan put up is the truth. If a man loves a woman he can take any misbehavior from her. If she doesn't love him, even GOD cannot help him. One of my friends has a wife who cheats openly on him -even brings guys to their home; he still proclaims his "love". I called him st.upid. This is why some guys don't believe in marriage.
You loved this girl more than she loved you. So, now you have to lose. Pick up the pieces of your heart and move on. That's life!  cry

I no dey yankee oooo! Na Las-Gidi i base.Thanks for the priceless advice man.I'm searching for the shredded pieces of my heart left on the floor.I feel so cold on the inside right now.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by switosman(m): 2:03am On Mar 11, 2010
agabaI23:

What a did she go to do in friend finder ( Adult friend finder linked abi) when she is in happy relationship?

Do not kill yourself over a human being who from you story is losing interest in you.

She will come back.  She probably has met someone who promised her a car and a life in heaven. What she is trying to do now is to blame the breakdown on you considering the time and resources you have invested. She is feeling guilty already but is determined to move on.

Give her the space to act out her movie and  just be the spectator. You are a man. Enjoy being single for a while and take another plunge.

all I tried to say in a lecture u said in few words kodus.

I dont wont to lose harakiri to the wild.

we can learn the street boy attitude but not live his way.

I am a one woman -man but no girl can toy with my heart.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by H2O2: 2:05am On Mar 11, 2010
@mitchel,

you will be surprised.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Onlytruth(m): 2:05am On Mar 11, 2010
harakiri:

[b]I no dey yankee oooo! Na Las-Gidi i base.[/b]Thanks for the priceless advice man.I'm searching for the shredded pieces of my heart left on the floor.I feel so cold on the inside right now.

Ahh! So naija babes don bad like that?   shocked shocked
Na wa o!
Anyway, 3 years is too long to keep a babe without marriage if you ask me. In 3 years, I for don finish making baby since! grin
Then marriage go be mere formality.  grin grin
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 2:05am On Mar 11, 2010
many are confusing the issue . . . the fault isnt harakiri's. Madam is just tired and wants to try out a new clubside.  grin
Transfer-list the chic and start shopping for a new main striker.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by agabaI23(m): 2:06am On Mar 11, 2010
switosman:

all I tried to say in a lecture u said in few words kodus.

I dont wont to lose harakiri to the wild.

we can learn the street boy attitude but not live his way.

I am a one woman -man but no girl can toy with my heart.
I have carried water and mercury and I do know the one with higher density man grin
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by agabaI23(m): 2:10am On Mar 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

Ahh! So naija babes don bad like that?   shocked shocked
Na wa o!
Anyway, 3 years is too long to keep a babe without marriage if you ask me. In 3 years, I for don finish making baby since! grin
Then marriage go be mere formality.  grin grin

It still would have happened if they were married 3 weeks after meeting each other.

The lady prolly has grown out of him or is in need of another adventure.

It is possible he is her first long term bf. Which ever way it is heading to the rocks. Good a thing no baby is involved.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 2:10am On Mar 11, 2010
agabaI23:

What a did she go to do in friend finder ( Adult friend finder linked abi) when she is in happy relationship?

I am speechless.I ask am wetin she dey find for there.Facebook nko?

One thing for sure, i ain't waiting around for her "trip" to expire.My pride won't take that crap.No time.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by agabaI23(m): 2:15am On Mar 11, 2010
harakiri:

I am speechless.I ask am wetin she dey find for there.Facebook nko?

One thing for sure, i ain't waiting around for her "trip" to expire.My pride won't take that crap.No time.

Lol. As you withdraw leave your tail in the water in case you need to swim again but do not let her know about that.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 2:18am On Mar 11, 2010
agabaI23:

Lol. As you withdraw leave your tail in the water in case you need to swim again but do not let her know about that.

Na strong word you yarn. I go store am for one of the pieces of my heart wey i pick for floor.
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by agabaI23(m): 2:20am On Mar 11, 2010
smiley Na so my brother ^
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by Mudley313: 2:20am On Mar 11, 2010
what is happening here is normal in every relationship, but only the real ones survive the test, n most importantly, it takes two to tango

1. all relationships start with that high (infatuation)
2. then it starts to fade (n this is where unstable girls start thinking the grass is probably greener on the other side)
3. and this is when any "other" man that gets in her ear will take dat attention u guys are suppose to be sharing together
4. cos dat normal first high (infatuation) is going to be present in dis new thing (but truth is its all the same in every situation)
5. a strong woman instead of using her emotional energy for dat new thing will use dat energy to work on wat she already has (dis ur girl is not doing)
6. ur girl is most probably physically cheating on ur already(too many red flags) n most definitely emotionally cheating on u right now, dats why n space in her emotions to even bother to hear u out
7. if u're in the US i'd have suggested relationship councelling but since u're in naija its best u dump her ass right away cos right now, she's only thinking bout herself while u're killing ur head bout the both of u
8. she will most definitely regret her action once u dump her n when she relaizes the grass is not actually greener on the other side, but will u be able to accept her selfish self then? cos by then she probably has gone to taste the waters outside n if she dont find someone better is when she comes back but if she finds someone she thinks is better, you're history
9. so, the question is, do u want to be a doormate to a woman? a second choice?
10. common man, release the alpha male in you b4 ur woman turn u to wimp (legbere)
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by switosman(m): 2:21am On Mar 11, 2010
pointblank. its like agaba expresses it well.

this matter should rest then.

i stand by u agaba123
Re: Am I Over Reacting? by harakiri(m): 2:24am On Mar 11, 2010
Mudley313:

what is happening here is normal in every relationship, but only the real ones survive the test, n most importantly, it takes two to tango

1. all relationships start with that high (infatuation)
2. then it starts to fade (n this is where unstable girls start thinking the grass is probably greener on the other side)
3. and this is when any "other" man that gets in her ear will take dat attention u guys are suppose to be sharing together
4. cos dat normal first high (infatuation) is going to be present in dis new thing (but truth is its all the same in every situation)
5. a strong woman instead of using her emotional energy for dat new thing will use dat energy to work on wat she already has (dis your girl is not doing)
6. your girl is most probably physically cheating on your already(too many red flags) n most definitely emotionally cheating on u right now, dats why n space in her emotions to even bother to hear u out
7. if u're in the US i'd have suggested relationship councelling but since u're in naija its best u dump her backside right away cos right now, she's only thinking bout herself while u're killing your head bout the both of u
8. she will most definitely regret her action once u dump her n when she relaizes the grass is not actually greener on the other side, but will u be able to accept her selfish self then? cos by then she probably has gone to taste the waters outside n if she dont find someone better is when she comes back but if she finds someone she thinks is better, you're history
9. so, the question is, do u want to be a doormate to a woman? a second choice?
10. common man, release the alpha male in you b4 your woman turn u to wimp (legbere)

That ain't gonna happen.I don't buy used goods.Period!

Thanks man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Because A Nigerian Girl Is With A White Man, Does It Make Her A Slut? / Why Do Broke Men Expect Women To Want Romance Without Finance? / Here Are The Real Names Of Most Romancelanders You May Or May Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.