Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child (8063 Views)

Why I Pray To God Before I Sleep With Other People’s Wives - Male Ashawo / A Hooker Wants To Birth My First Child. I Told Her No. / Woman Pictured Applying Makeup On Her Hospital Bed Shortly After Giving Birth.a (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I understand what you are saying but are the consequences of these actions the same for males and females, the answer is an obvious NO.
No boy has ever died from abortion, boys usually do not have to stop schooling to take care of an unwanted baby etc.

The boys are hailed as sharpshooters, the girls are derided as sluts.

These "archaic orientations" you speak of arise not out of hatred but from a primal need to protect the female child.
They are a good thing if used properly.
We just have to tweak them. Not eradicate them.
I for one, DO NOT GIVE A FÜCK, neither a flying, nor a swimming fúck about what society thinks of me because of my children. The OP considers his children A MEANS TO AN END, but I consider mine ENDS IN THEMSELVES. I don't see how these archaic orientations protect the girl child. They rather imprison her, lock her into an ugly box, and stigmatize her for breaking out of it! That's rubbish.

By the way, how do you protect a female child you never gave birth to? Or, aren't you saying OP's stupidity is all about protecting the girl child? Which girl child? The one he never wants to give birth to? Or is he coming to protect mine?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by IkpuMmadu: 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

So if communist China is dictatorial, chavaunistc, India rape capital Then Nigerians should not try to make a better egalitarian society just because other countries are bad?

why did you not use Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, UK, Netherlands as example?

and you say you want Nigeria to be better. Nigeria will never be better without equity and fairness but in the Law and the general mentality of members of the society.

Even in Spain, Scotland and Ireland....make kids are prefered

It's talk another one
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2017
Daeylar:

Truth kiss

No lies told grin

We did ask, , his response here grin grin

Another response grin

Further BS here grin too long couldn't quote it all

It's actually the same shiit as the first one. He merely rebranded it. The message is the same.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Daeylar(f): 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
I for one, DO NOT GIVE A FÜCK, neither a flying, nor a swimming fúck about what society thinks of me because of my children. The OP considers his children A MEANS TO AN END, but I consider mine ENDS IN THEMSELVES.

I don't see how these archaic orientations protect the girl child.They rather imprison her, lock her into an ugly box, and stigmatize her for breaking out of it! That's rubbish.

By the way, how do you protect a female child you never gave birth to? Or, aren't you saying OP's stupidity is all about protecting the girl child? Which girl child? The one he never wants to give birth to? Or is he coming to protect mine?

@bolded, This is why you are bae kiss
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

[s]Even in Spain, Scotland and Ireland....make kids are prefered
It's talk another one[/s]
trash

1 Like

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by lilmax(m): 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2017
lol, see what the thought of karma is doing to this one grin

1 Like

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Ranchhoddas: 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

You are oblivious to the fact because you are male brought up in the culture so I ain't surprised with your response.

You don't get to tell me what happens in my culture cos I'm Igbo.
Majority of Nigerians both male and female are male chauvinists and sexists but are oblivious to it. Don't tell me you don't read all the misogynistic support for DV, rape apologists and their warped view of subjection packaged as virtue in marriage.

This is why we continue to have this conversations to let them see different perspectives
I am not oblivious of anything.
I am discussing it am I not. I am only saying that it's not a Nigerian thing. It is human thing.
We did not invent gender affirmative action.
There are sexists everywhere in the world.
Those things that happen in Igbo land are fading.
A lot of Igbo women have gone to achieve great things. These women are also products of that same culture.
Why do you not talk about them?
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by IkpuMmadu: 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

trash

Feminist parole....it's a man's worod
Deal with it
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Ranchhoddas: 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
I for one, DO NOT GIVE A FÜCK, neither a flying, nor a swimming fúck about what society thinks of me because of my children. The OP considers his children A MEANS TO AN END, but I consider mine ENDS IN THEMSELVES. I don't see how these archaic orientations protect the girl child. They rather imprison her, lock her into an ugly box, and stigmatize her for breaking out of it! That's rubbish.

I do not speak for the OP.
I am speaking generally, all over the world, promiscuity is less tolerated in girls than in boys.
Why do you think that is?
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Ranchhoddas: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
Daeylar:

Real semantics, someone says he doesn't want to have a female child and he asking if the person really hates women grin.

Besides, this is what you'll get when you search out the meaning of misogyny on google grin nothing like hate there, no shifting of goal post allowed grin grin
take note of the words used, and tell me if op doesn't display all of these characteristics grin
"dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women."

Cc Ranchhoddas
Lol.
I see I am in for a torrid afternoon.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I am discussing it am I not. I am only saying that it's not a Nigerian thing. It is human thing.
A lot of Igbo women have gone to achieve great things. These women are also products of that same culture.
I can recall the sage, ivolt saying on this same platform, that, "Should we stop trying to cure cancer because some people survived it? Or should we say Nigeria is not a problem in need of an URGENT solution, because people like Dangote and Adenuga exist?"

Bro, even if it is "fading", we should do all we can to ACCELERATE that decline, so that it can end as FAST AS POSSIBLE, since its demise is the desired goal.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Yeah it is a human thing, but many societies have grown past that for a better egalitarian society. I also want Nigeria to grow past sexism and tribalism.

No these things are not fading they are very much alive and thriving especially among the ignorant.

@emboldened

what do you mean? so because there are people that managed to break the hold the culture had on them means that we should allow injustice to thrive?

In America during Jim crow black wall street was a prosperous community, I guess Martin Luther should never have marched after all wall street thrived during segregation and racism and is a product of that policy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

Feminist parole....it's a man's worod Deal with it
ok
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Saudi Arabia I can understand but how is the Nigerian society "so misogynistic"?
Were you deprived of anything that your brothers got because you were female and considered inferior?

Are not allowed to drive, own property or run for office?

What makes Nigeria misogynistic for the love of God?

Dare I use the word "rabid"?

Cc: Daeylar.

Are you asking because you want a woman to tell you how she feels maligned by society? Or would you prefer to tell a woman how grateful she ought to be that she has been "allowed" to drive, own property and run for office when such luxuries are denied women in some other places? Would you prefer to tell us that we have nothing to complain about? Tell us how to feel.

If you want to know from me, here:

Was I denied anything at home afforded to my brother? Yes - respect and value (as anything other than a cow being groomed for market day). I grew up in a home with traditional African values. As girls, we couldn't possibly have anything reasonable to say that would be worth my parent's time. But my brother was always full of smarts; he had a pedestal, an ever enthusiastic audience and the benefit of doubt to smooth over his occasional folly. So, there was always applause in the end. I'm not far behind him in years, so naturally, my competitiveness was always roused by these instances. I read the books he read, tried to keep up; but if I wanted to impress my parents, all I had to do was cook a good meal. For a while I thought there was no point opening my mouth (not just at home); my self-esteem took a serious beating. However, the attitude also made my sisters and I bond closely in the kitchen (where we were wont to be), and it honed our rebellious streak as we found the right stories to pacify us in our misfortune. I've earned my father's respect now (in spite of my lady parts) but I still see the bewilderment in his eyes sometimes when we talk.

That was just to answer your second question. Back to the first now. Maybe I should just make a list of some misogynistic nuances in our society.

1) It begins at birth. The girl-child is of less value to a home than the boy-child; and even in 2017, a wife is considered to have 'One leg in and one leg out' of her husband's compound if she hasn't birthed a son. Despite her four daughters.

2) Girls are typically subdued and cut into wife-material because having a man legitimately associated with her is the only respectable way to exist for a woman. And if she doesn't successfully make the transition from father's house to husband's house, she is stigmatized and ridiculed no matter what her achievements are. Whenever there's an article of a successful woman, people immediately ask if she's taken the necessary steps to first submit herself to a husband. If she hasn't, then she deserves to be ridiculed.

To escape the stigma and seek validation, women are pressured into all kinds of situations that put their health and general wellbeing at risk. All in the effort to appear married or marriageable. They endure domestic abuse in silence. They get raped and do not speak up because it would deplete their "market-value". Sometimes, even mothers conceal incidences of child abuse for that same reason.

3) In our society, we subscribe to the burka. Instead of a man to develop the 'higher-animal' ability to restrain himself; he prefers to drape a cloth over the woman so that she walks around under a sheet as if she has a lesser right to exist than he. In the south, it's the same principle. It might not be a full sheet but the woman is still to blame if she gets molested by a man when she's not 'properly' covered up.

4) While we are on the issue of covering up. A man whips out his dick to pollute any wall wherever he pleases with his urine; but if a woman pops a boob to nourish an infant, she's guilty of indecent exposure.

5) If a woman is widowed, she gets harassed by her husband's family members. She gets accused of killing her husband and is made to perform all kinds of fetish practices to prove her innocence. If a man is widowed, they bring him a new wife.

6) In parts of the country, FGM is still a thing. Yes, there are serious health ramifications; but for me, the effrontery is to deny the woman the right to experience and enjoy her God-given sexuality, and making the male orgasm her goal for engaging in sexual activity. The mutilation of the clitoris may have been abolished in several parts, but the reasons for engaging in these acts, in the first place, are still being nurtured. That a woman's sexuality is secondary. She's shamed for acknowledging it.

I'm going to stop here. The Idea of female repression should be clear if you would ever see it. But it's like they say: You can force a horse to the stream, but you cannot make it drink.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Daeylar(f): 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

Are you asking because you want a woman to tell you how she feels maligned by society? Or would you prefer to tell a woman how grateful she ought to be that she has been "allowed" to drive, own property and run for office when such luxuries are denied women in some other places? Would you prefer to tell us that we have nothing to complain about? Tell us how to feel.

If you want to know from me, here:

Was I denied anything at home afforded to my brother? Yes - respect and value (as anything other than a cow being groomed for market day). I grew up in a home with traditional African values. As girls we couldn't possibly have anything reasonable to say that would be worth my parent's time. But my brother was always full of smarts; he had a pedestal, an ever enthusiastic audience and the benefit of doubt to smooth over his occasional folly. So, there was always applause in the end. I'm not far behind him in years, so naturally, my competitiveness was always roused by these instances. I read the books he read, tried to keep up; but if I wanted to impress my parents, all I had to do was cook a good meal. For a while I thought there was no point opening my mouth (not just at home); my self-esteem took a serious beating. However, the attitude also made my sisters and I bond closely in the kitchen (where we were wont to be), and it honed our rebellious streak as we found the right stories to pacify us in our misfortune. I've earned my father's respect now (in spite of my lady parts) but I still see the bewilderment in his eyes sometimes when we talk.

That was just to answer your second question. Back to the first now. Maybe I should just make a list of misogynistic undertones in our society.

1) It begins at birth. The girl-child is of less value to a home than the boy-child; and even in 2017, a wife is considered to have 'One leg in and one leg out' of her husband's compound if she hasn't birthed a son. Despite her four daughters.

2) Girls are typically subdued and cut into wife-material because having a man legitimately associated with her is the only respectable way to exist for a woman. And if she doesn't successfully make the transition from father's house to husband's house, she is stigmatized and ridiculed no matter what her achievements are. Whenever there's an article of a successful woman, people immediately ask if she's taken the necessary steps to first submit herself to a husband. If she hasn't, then she deserves to be ridiculed.

To escape the stigma and seek validation, women are pressured into all kinds of situations that put their health and general wellbeing at risk. All in the effort to appear married or marriageable. They endure domestic abuse in silence. They get raped and do not speak up because it would deplete their "market-value". Sometimes even mothers conceal incidences of child abuse for that same reason.

3) In our society, we subscribe to the burka. Instead of a man to develop the 'higher-animal' ability to restrain himself; he prefers to drape a cloth over the woman so that she walks around under a sheet as if she has a lesser right to exist than he. In the south, it's the same principle. It might not be a full sheet but the woman is still to blame if she gets molested by a man when she's not 'properly' covered up.

4) While we are on the issue of covering up. A man whips out his dick to pollute any wall wherever he pleases with his urine; but if a woman pops a boob to nourish an infant, she's guilty of indecent exposure.

5) If a woman is widowed, she gets harassed by her husband's family members. She gets accused of killing her husband and is made to perform all kinds of fetish practices to prove her innocence. If a man is widowed, they bring him a new wife.

6) In parts of the country, FGM is still a thing. Yes, there are serious health ramifications; but for me, the effrontery is to deny the woman the right to experience and enjoy her God-given sexuality, and making the male orgasm her goal for engaging in sexual activity.

I'm going to stop here. The Idea of female repression should be clear if you would ever see it. But it's like they say: You can force a horse to the stream, but you cannot make it drink.

My God embarassed embarassed should I say I'm proud? you blow me away,

I knew you'd handle him kiss

grin grin grin Ranchhoddas come and answer, and yes, you are in for a torrid afternoon grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I do not speak for the OP.
I am speaking generally, all over the world, promiscuity is less tolerated in girls than in boys.
Why do you think that is?
I KNOW why that is so. Dominant males founded civilizations and cultures, created human societies, and came up with rules, codes and conducts every Homo sapien must follow in order to ensure stability and order --- but in the process, these chivalrious and, despite their flaws, admirable ancestors of mine modelled society in a way that established the primacy of their own gender.

The patriarchal order invented by these great men would go on to be passed down from one generation to the next, becoming the norm, becoming sacred, and even having a special place in the doctrines of every religion future Homo sapiens would go on to invent! Now, it has become second nature to many - holy writ, that must never be questioned nor changed.

But I think the world belongs to the generation that currently inhabits it. We can take the best of the best from what the great men of the past left us, discard the viruses they inserted and incinerate them in dungeons faraway from the vicinities of their graves, as a way of respecting and honouring their remarkable, but imperfect, contributions to the progress of humanity.

We call the shots now, bruv. The ancestors are dead. I want to change their rules. What about YOU?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
Daeylar:

My God embarassed embarassed should I say I'm proud? you blow me away,

I knew you'd handle him kiss

grin grin grin Ranchhoddas come and answer, and yes, you are in for a torrid afternoon grin

Thank you, darling. kiss

1 Like

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Ranchhoddas: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:

I KNOW why that is so. Dominant males founded civilizations and cultures, created human societies, and came up with rules, codes and conducts every Homo sapien must follow in order to ensure stability and order --- but in the process, these chivalrious and, despite their flaws, admirable ancestors of mine modelled society in a way that established the primacy of their own gender.

The patriarchal order invented by these great men would go on to be passed down from one generation to the next, becoming the norm, becoming sacred, and even having a special place in the doctrines of every religion future Homo sapiens would go on to invent! Now, it has become second nature to many - holy writ, that must never be questioned nor changed.

But I think the world belongs to the generation that currently inhabits it. We can take the best of the best from what the great men of the past left us, discard the viruses they inserted and incinerate them in dungeons faraway from the vicinities of their graves, as a way of respecting and honouring their remarkable, but imperfect, contributions to the progress of humanity.

We call the shots now, bruv. The ancestors are dead. I want to change their rules. What about YOU?
We are on the same page really.
The reasons for the existence of the patriarchy were not sinister. These male-dominated orders were as you've rightly said created with chivalric intentions.
Thus, the modern woman should realize that modern man is not her enemy.
In fact, we are partners in creating that utopia that progressive people desire.
The rules were not made in a day, it is unrealistic to expect them to disappear in a day.

In any case I don't even think they should be eradicated, we should find a way to modify them for our collective benefit.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Ranchhoddas: 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

Yeah it is a human thing, but many societies have grown past that for a better egalitarian society. I also want Nigeria to grow past sexism and tribalism.

No these things are not fading they are very much alive and thriving especially among the ignorant.

@emboldened

what do you mean? so because there are people that managed to break the hold the culture had on them means that we should allow injustice to thrive?

In America during Jim crow black wall street was a prosperous community, I guess Martin Luther should never have marched after all wall street thrived during segregation and racism and is a product of that policy?
We are growing past it, albeit at our own pace.
That we discuss it daily on these boards is proof of growth.
NGOs and women emancipation agencies litter our landscape. This is progress.
Maybe I'm a glass half-full kind of person.
Anyway we should agree to disagree (or is it the other way round?)
Ultimately our goals are the same.
Cheers.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
We are on the same page really.
The reasons for the existence of the patriarchy were not sinister. These male-dominated orders were as you've rightly said created with chivalric intentions.
Thus, the modern woman should realize that modern man is not her enemy.
In fact, we are partners in creating that utopia that progressive people desire.
The rules were not made in a day, it is unrealistic to expect them to disappear in a day.

In any case I don't even think they should be eradicated, we should find a way to modify them for our collective benefit.
I'm not for any "modification" apart from EQUAL treatment. And since you admitted that it would take time for these ingrained orientations that have lasted thousands of years to wear off completely, don't you think the women should INTENSIFY their efforts in fighting these norms in order to ACCELERATE their eradication, and shouldn't be CASTIGATED for doing so??

You see, this stuff is not as simple and straightforward as you're trying to make it seem. I know there are misandrist elements who HATE men and blame them for all of their woes, but not all these feminists are the same. And, of course, there are two kinds of sexists:

1) Men who actually hate women and have serious contempt for them. These ones DESERVE the hatred directed at them. Tit for tat, bruv. 50-50.

2) Men who respect women, but believe they're feeble creatures that need "protection", hence demand that these women understand their "good intentions" and shouldn't see it in a bad light. But when the women themselves tell you that you're wrong, that they're not feeble, that they don't need "protection", that they want no discrimination, that their posession of vagìnas and boobies shouldn't be used in accessing their roles and value, then you must agree with them and let them be, otherwise you DESERVE any hatred directed at you for insisting on imposing on them things they HATE to be told about themselves.

It's that simple.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Marcelo290(m): 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
I'm not for any "modification" apart from EQUAL treatment. And since you admitted that it would take time for these ingrained orientations that have lasted thousands of years to wear off completely, don't you think the women should INTENSIFY their efforts in fighting these norms in order to ACCELERATE their eradication, and shouldn't be CASTIGATED for doing so??

You see, this stuff is not as simple and straightforward as you're trying to make it seem. I know there are misandrist elements who HATE men and blame them for all of their woes, but not all these feminists are the same. And, of course, there are two kinds of sexists:

1) Men who actually hate women and have serious contempt for them. These ones DESERVE the hatred directed at them. Tit for tat, bruv. 50-50.

2) Men who respect women, but believe they're feeble creatures that need "protection", hence demand that these women understand their "good intentions" and shouldn't see it in a bad light. But when the women themselves tell you that you're wrong, that they're not feeble, that they don't need "protection", that they want no discrimination, that their posession of vagìnas and boobies shouldn't be used in accessing their roles and value, then you must agree with them and let them be, otherwise you DESERVE any hatred directed at you for insisting on imposing on them things they HATE to be told about themselves.

It's that simple.
You have made various posts that I don't know which to start quoting. What you fail to understand is that humans were created different, we all reason differently as well, your throwing insults at me despite what I've tried to explain so far shows you have poor argument skill and can't stand the opinion of others who don't align with your assertions, I would swallow your insults as usual, but know we all have our elastic limits when we can't take it again.

As I started explaining, we all are different. If you had been going through my posts, you would have gotten my fears, but No, you just jump in like a frustrated person and dish out insults. lemme reiterate it for the last time, that I'm neither a misogynist nor trying to exonerate guys from their actions. Like the other guy just told you, these things have been like that from time immemorial, it is even changing as the day goes, this you can't deny.

Again there is a huge difference between Equality which you talk about and equity, (picture attached at the end).

In simple terms, here are my fears of having a female child.

1. I'm a person of integrity and held in high esteem by people around, I don't want to bring anything that would bring dent to my name like unwanted pregnancy and things like my daughter having a promiscuous lifestyle. I'm not saying the guys can't do same, but thet of the girls is most shameful.

2. I have a fear that hence our societal values have continued to dwindle everyday, raising girls that would be of good character and personality would become very much of a herculean task.

3. Peer pressure!! I have a cousin sister still in her secondary school, she's a boarding student, her attitudes of recent when she came back was very disturbing, I don't want to go into details of what she was caught doing with a guy, all out of peer pressure, but was she not properly trained? damn her parents don't take shit. Did you attend a university or any higher institution? did you also see what I also saw? how cheap girls have become. Even in my area what I see alone is enough for me to come up with these, don't you see this with me or you choose to turn a blind eye and criticize for nothing?

In conclusion, the female and male don't face thesame consequences for their actions, it's an established fact which you know. I'm not saying the guys should now start doing as it pleases them. when a teenage girl gets pregnant, does the guy drop out with her? that's the point am intent on making. You are not being pragmatic here, I'm saying how things are while you are saying how it's supposed to be, do you see it?

Nevertheless, you all have made sense and I think I now have a change of mindset concerning girls with what I've read here, especially the words of Ann. You guys should stop taking this thing to heart like we fighting.

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
Marcelo290:
[s]You have made various posts that I don't know which to start quoting. What you fail to understand is that humans were created different, we all reason differently as well, your throwing insults at me despite what I've tried to explain so far shows you have poor argument skills and can't stand the opinion on others who don't align with your assertions, I would swallow your insults as usual, but know we all have our elastic limits when we can't take it again.

As I started explaining, we all are different. If you had been going through my posts, you would have gotten my fears, but No, you just jump in like a frustrated person and dish out insults. lemme reiterate it for the last time, that I'm neither a misogynist nor trying to exonerate guys from their actions. Like the other guy just told you, these things have been like that from time immemorial, it is even changing as the day goes.

Again there is a huge difference between Equality which you talk about and equity, (picture attached at the end).

In simple terms, here are my fears of having a female child.

1. I'm a person of integrity and held in high esteem by people around, I don't want to bring anything that would bring dent to my name like unwanted pregnancy and things like my daughter having a promiscuous lifestyle. I'm not saying the guys can't do same, but of the girls is most shameful.

2. I have a fear that hence our societal values have continued to dwindle everyday, raising girls that would be of good character and personality would become very much of a herculean task.

3. Peer pressure!! I have a cousin sister still in her secondary school, she's a boarding student, her attitudes of recent when she came back was very disturbing, I don't want to go into details of what she was caught doing with a guy, all out of peer pressure, but was she not properly trained? damn her parents don't take shit. Did you attend a university or any higher institution? did you see what I also saw? how cheap girls have become. Even in my area what I see alone is enough for me to come up with these, don't you see this with me or you choose to turn a blind eye and criticize for nothing?

In conclusion, the female and male don't face thesame consequences for their actions, it's an established fact which you know. I'm not saying the guys should now start doing as it pleases them. when a teenage girl gets pregnant, does the guy drop out with her? that's my point.

Nevertheless, you all have made sense and I think I now have a change of mindset concerning girls with what I've read here, especially the words of Ann. You guys should stop taking this thing to heart like we fighting.[/s]

*Washes hand. Dries with a towel*

Sorry, bruv.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Marcelo290(m): 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
*Washes hand. Dries with a towel*
Sorry, bruv.
Be sorry for yourself rather.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
Marcelo290:
Be sorry for yourself rather.
Amma punch you in the nose, baba Basiru. I already told you I'm not polite. I've taken my hands off your matter, and washed the filth off with water from the calm river of rationality and decorum. Do you want a rough fight in the mud?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Daeylar(f): 5:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:

It's that simple.

I just needed to quote this.
It's perfection

Especially point number 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2017
Daeylar:

I just needed to quote this. It's perfection
Especially point number 2
smiley
How's your day been?
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Daeylar(f): 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
smiley

How's your day been?

Been fine, not feeling so well now though. I'll be fine smiley
How's yours?
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by elbaraj001(m): 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
Marcelo290:
Yeah you read it right. Previously I had envisaged how I'm gonna birth and take care of my daughter, make her a princess so she can proudly stand among equals. I have read about great women of valor who have effected positive changes in the world today, and I would obviously want to have one that would do same and be like the likes of Chimamanda, Dora etc.

But the present disposition of our society has left me with fears. After what I saw in campus and even what I still see everyday, I can only pray for God not to give me female children. I used to think it's all about home training, but I know girls that were brought up in the most upright way, but immediately they leave home and become out of sight, the story changes. These days you would see little girls still in high school being so promiscuous, some of the ones sent to the boarding house escape out and search for how to get laid. I don't want to talk about what I saw in campus, most of us already know the story, how some cohabit with guys, how some move from one city to another to hawk sex and the rest.

With all the above reasons and more, I don't know if it's enough justifications to pray not to have a girl child than to have one that would bring shame and disgrace to me and my family, not like the male ones are saints anyway and can't commit crimes, but that of the female is most disgraceful.

I wish to get your thoughts and opinions on this, am I getting it all wrong?

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
As a prophet..i foresee that your wife shall give birth to 4 galz..in your quest to find a boy she will give birth to a gal again...let me check clearly...okay...you will still want try fr the last time...and she will surprise you by giving you another last female child.
.that is my prophesy...
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
Daeylar:

Been fine, not feeling so well now though. I'll be fine smiley How's yours?
Been great. I hope it's nothing serious? Just your mood?
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Daeylar(f): 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
Been great. I hope it's nothing serious? Just your mood?

No I'm not feeling well, my mood is fine, my head aches.

Nice that you had a great day smiley
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
Daeylar:

No I'm not feeling well, my mood is fine, my head aches.

Nice that you had a great day smiley
Headache? Alright, take care of yourself. I'm sure you must have taken drugs, but if by tomorrow, you see no changes, then you should see a doctor. There's no such thing as "minor issue" when it comes to health. We seem to have a culture (or should I say epidemic?) of self-medication in this part of the world, even though it has its dangers.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Daeylar(f): 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
Headache? Alright, take care of yourself. I'm sure you must have taken drugs, but if by tomorrow, you see no changes, then you should see a doctor. There's no such thing as "minor issue" when it comes to health. We seem to have a culture (or should I say epidemic?) of self-medication in this part of the world, even though it has its dangers.

Thanks, kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience With GH Ashewo / VIDEO: Sexiest Ghanaian Model Flaunts Soft Bumbum In New Clip, Fans React / Nigerian Women Who Love Sex Revealed What Makes A Strong A Man On Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.