Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors (36322 Views)

We Are Wife Materials’, Deaf Women Cry Out Over Neglect / Moyo Lawal Laments Over The Number Of Suitors Who Left Her Because Of Sex. / Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by smartbros(m): 8:28am On Oct 28, 2017
;Dand I'm here very single with no suitor yet, chaii. e no go better for President Buhari boohaaree
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Denko2721987(m): 8:28am On Oct 28, 2017
chronique:
Esere826,mathewbriggs. Remember when we talked about the dwindling pool of male lovers in Nigeria on that thread, few years back? I remember telling people that until we revert back to how it was in the pre-2000s where the plum jobs were given to men, we'd continually grope with these challenges. These days, the best jobs in the society are being handed out to the ladies and the result is evident in our lives. Give the jobs to the men and you'd solve most of these problems.

Its not just handing positions back to men that may solve the problems or is my issue now. The problem is not really practising equality in the real sense of it.. Giving women 60% of the jobs even with lesser merits and giving men 40% with more merits just because u want to turn the tide of equality over night to favour women when you are realistically creating another inequality problem isnt going to help matters.. I have said it before that in our quest to embrace modernization and trying to create balances on many social front, we should be very careful not to create an unnatural counter balance which will have very grave and dangerous consequences in the future of which we are beginning to experience. And this is just the very beginning... I stand with 40% equity, 30% equality and 30% fairness/humanity/commonsense in dealing with these gender balacing issues not sticking headlong/blind with 100% equality cause it will surely backfire big time..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 28, 2017
ivolt:

Stop perpetuating this myth, there are no more women than men.
However, there are fewer financially stable men than eligible women.

Can"t the eligible women stabilise themselves financially and go for the men;must men do everything?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by zicoraads: 8:32am On Oct 28, 2017
Funny thread and funny comments. It's not about the economy. It's about getting someone whose goals align or almost aligns with yours. And the fear of the unknown. As it is now, I work and earn enough to cater for a family. But those two factors are the things stopping me from taking that step.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 28, 2017
RavenClaw:
After sleeping with so many men, the women will finally decide to get married. Who do they think is willing to accept their slacked pussy and stay faithful to the slacked pussy?!

Upon that their parents will be calling bride price anyhow like as if they gave their daughters moral upbringing. And as if their daughters are still Virgins!

The moment they lose their virginity to a man who won't marry them and go and marry someone who didn't enjoy the tight pussy grin, the man will definitely not have respect for them because a woman's virginity is their pride

THE AVERAGE WOMAN'S MENTALITY IS THAT AFTER SLAYING A MAN WILL FINALLY MARRY THEM AND STAY PUT WITH THEIR SLACKED PUSSY
Guy. Abeg take am easy ...
It's not easy on these Ladies oooo
After all, na guys like me and you slack those pussssies......
The COUNTRY hard.
I can't even resign one of my jobs, because I keep dishing out cash to single siblings that are graduates every week

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Denko2721987(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2017
lipsrsealed
pocohantas:

That was me... smiley I think I said that severally.
That was you undecided errrhhhhmmmmmmlipsrsealed... O great.. Sure
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Amarabae(f): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2017
Mtcheew,
A thread for misogynists and broke guys to mastubate in,
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by MikeBetty(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2017
The Ladies Should Continue To Wait For The Already Made Men While They Advance In Age. Women Are Home Builders Is Not In There Bibles. Many Of Them Turned Down Men's Proposals. Some Of Them Are Shortsighted To See Bright Future In Those Graduates.
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Denko2721987(m): 8:39am On Oct 28, 2017
walexy100:

Can"t the eligible women stabilise themselves financially and go for the men;must men do everything?

I concurr 90% (the 10% is for the gods) with u comrade

1 Like

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Itzurboi(m): 8:41am On Oct 28, 2017
EVILFOREST:

Guy. Abeg take am easy ...
It's not easy on these Ladies oooo
After all, na guys like me and you slack those pussssies......
The COUNTRY hard.
I can't even resign one of my jobs, because I keep dishing out cash to single siblings that are graduates every week
Bro, you just spoke the truth, leave that hypocrite... Who go about disturbing this girls(You and I), who pester them till they give in for sex(You and I), who slack it(You and I), then some idiots go about ranting nonsense that she has a slack pussy, if you cannot deal with the slack pussy, then Bleep off atleast you contributed to other unknown girls slack p***y.... This world would only be a better place if we can tolerate each other DIFFERENCES...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Axis313(m): 8:43am On Oct 28, 2017
This kind lamentation is very scarce here in the North.

2 Likes

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by slyng(m): 8:43am On Oct 28, 2017
rawpadgin:
tribalism will do you strong thing one day
did u read the post at all?if yes, Please read again but this tym btw the line.
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by 2bam: 8:44am On Oct 28, 2017
Just go and get married if u are due dont blame the economy for your shortfall,i took the same bold step and God favour me,God is going to do same for all eligible bachelor and spinister but you have to make the move first.
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by majekoam(m): 8:44am On Oct 28, 2017
Prettyenit18:
As far as am concerned, the major reason why men have refused to get married is because the society has made premarital sex legal. Ban premarital sex for six months and see whether men would not get married.And having different relationships prior to marriage would not allow them to progress, they have to spend so much sustaining their girlfriends, so business would go down or they can't save their salary.

You think banning sex for six months will change anything? Those who fool around will get married and still cheat, the marriage will likely crash and you are back to square one. Its depends on the man if he wants to cheat he will and by the way this your sentence is nonsense:

" Ban premarital sex for six months and see whether men would not get married.And having different relationships prior to marriage would not allow them to progress, they have to spend so much sustaining their girlfriends, so business would go down or they can't save their salary"

So you havent heard the stories of a man providing for everything and then finding out his Fiance was sleeping with other men?? Even some were mentioned here on nairaland.

Stopped being IGNORANT in stating that this is somehow 100% down to the fault of men.

Even in general I cant stand it when people Say "Men/All men are this...." "All women/women are this"...Its Irritating.

5 Likes

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 28, 2017
undecided Av been lonely for the past 8months now. Despite been an MSC holder responsible ladies I picked interest in said grin I look like heartbreaker [center][/center]o
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by menwongo(m): 8:52am On Oct 28, 2017
ivolt:

Stop perpetuating this myth, there are no more women than men.
However, there are fewer financially stable men than eligible women.
There's more female Than men in all the society.
Men engage in deadly activities than females:
Driving truck, working in the army, stealing...send to prison, join cult...kill each other.

Check around you see in any family men tend to die or be in prison than females

4 Likes

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by IamtherealRita(f): 8:53am On Oct 28, 2017
Homeboiy:
See them

How will there be suitors when the economy is hard

Oh una dey find who una go kill before en time undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 28, 2017
Franzinni:
now adays to get married you need a considerable amount of foolishness bruh and to stay married you still need to apply some amount of it...but now all men done wise so the result is a world of players ...now if you are married you will know why I wrote the initial comment ...but let me explain.. the fantasy of marriage ends at the reception ...then reality kicks in .... Most people of the facebook and Instagram age are not ready for that ...things are moving so fast that a smart phone is more than enough company ...it won't nag ...it won't bikker ...you can turn down the volume ...you and simply smash it on a wall and get another ...

Now I am happily married because I chose to go the old school route ... As well as millions of others ... My choice tho... We all have one.

True talk!
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 28, 2017
menwongo:

Driving truck, working in the army, stealing...send to prison, join cult...kill each other.

true talk!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 28, 2017
2bam:
Just go and get married if u are due dont blame the economy for your shortfall,i took the same bold step and God favour me,God is going to do same for all eligible bachelor and spinister but you have to make the move first.
Good luck! i hope it's going well. i hope to do the same, but i have been married 3 times already. i am petrified to go into Another one.

1 Like

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by mechanics(m): 9:00am On Oct 28, 2017
pocohantas:
The main reason our youths are not getting married is the poor economy as highlighted. Some men are ready to take this risk, but the woman they want to take this risk with, isn't willing to do same.

Some women are ready, but the men are not. The average Nigerian man is a provider, if he doesn't see himself playing that role well, he maintains his lane.

One NLder's girlfriend left him for a more eligible suitor. Some ladies are falling for the pressure and hopping on the next available bus in their prime. That's the cycle now. Many guys will be heartbroken in 2018 smiley wink
true talk, it's well, i hope you too won't run when guys who are not well to do come for you ?
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 28, 2017
''Many guys will be heartbroken in 2018 smiley wink'' especially those that don't understand the cycle.
pocohantas:
The main reason our youths are not getting married is the poor economy as highlighted. Some men are ready to take this risk, but the woman they want to take this risk with, isn't willing to do same.

Some women are ready, but the men are not. The average Nigerian man is a provider, if he doesn't see himself playing that role well, he maintains his lane.

One NLder's girlfriend left him for a more eligible suitor. Some ladies are falling for the pressure and hopping on the next available bus in their prime. That's the cycle now. Many guys will be heartbroken in 2018 smiley wink
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by thowbie7ven(m): 9:10am On Oct 28, 2017
Prettyenit18:
As far as am concerned, the major reason why men have refused to get married is because the society has made premarital sex legal. Ban premarital sex for six months and see whether men would not get married.And having different relationships prior to marriage would not allow them to progress, they have to spend so much sustaining their girlfriends, so business would go down or they can't save their salary.
Enitan...can you go about dating/courting a man for aroud a year or two without him spending a dime on you?...can you?..wont you tag him a stingy person?

1 Like

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by ivolt: 9:11am On Oct 28, 2017
menwongo:

Worldwide, more males are born than females and from age 25-50, there are more
males than females in most countries including Nigeria.

Most men don't die under 35, they are well pass the marriage age by the time
they die.

I know a woman who lost her 47 years old husband, would you also claim that
the man would have married a single lady had he not died?

Even if a country has a perfect 50:50 gender ratio, many men and women will
still never marry due to choice circumstance or lack of an eligible partner.

There are millions of unmarried men out there above the age of 30. Why do
you think they are single?

It is all about money.

4 Likes

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Denko2721987(m): 9:16am On Oct 28, 2017
Amarabae:
Mtcheew,
A thread for misogynists and broke guys to mastubate in,

Amara Amara.. The women rights activitist.. I hope u know u cant properly win this battle by been a misandry.. Not everyone will be born into wealthy influence.. Everyone has their pace and their time.. Many people started out broken and rejected but they eventually went on to become the corner stone tru hardwork, faith and persistence. . Its a phase many people are destined go tru.. So Stop fuelling and spreading this 'be rich or u' re shit and good as dead' mentality/virus that is rapidly destrying society and humanity. You should know better

11 Likes

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by menwongo(m): 9:19am On Oct 28, 2017
ivolt:

Worldwide, more males are born than females and from age 25-50, there are more
males than females in most countries including Nigeria.

Most men don't die under 35, they are well pass the marriage age by the time
they die.

I know a woman who lost her 47 years old husband, would you also claim that
the man would have married a single lady had he not died?

Even if a country has a perfect 50:50 gender ratio, many men and women will
still never marry due to choice circumstance or lack of an eligible partner.

There are millions of unmarried men out there above the age of 30. Why do
you think they are single?

It is all about money.

Not only money bro.
Our forefathers married many wives
Did they import those women if men are more than women in the country.

Have seen a bachelor got married to a woman with 3 kids that lost her husband.
This also reduce the number of available men for marriage

N/B. I said men / women not boys / girls
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Prettyenit18(f): 9:21am On Oct 28, 2017
grin grin grin how did you know my name. He should spend very little just to show that he cares. He's suppose to propose after 6months
thowbie7ven:
Enitan...can you go about dating/courting a man for aroud a year or two without him spending a dime on you?...can you?..wont you tag him a stingy person?
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by madridguy(m): 9:23am On Oct 28, 2017
I blame poverty.
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by kick(f): 9:26am On Oct 28, 2017
39years and you are not yet married. Sister your case is different oO, what happened during your twenties? Is it that you could not get any guy to start a life with? Or you are the over demanding type waiting for Mayweather to come and marry you? I have always advised ladies that if you want to marry a man of your dream then you have to make that man the man of your dream. No man is poor, we all eat the same food and drink the same water.

Let me now tell you why I have not married my girlfriend. I have not married her because she is over dependent on me. To demanding. Yet her father and mother are alive. With that lady I don't see a bright future. I have a conscience you know.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by thowbie7ven(m): 9:33am On Oct 28, 2017
Prettyenit18:
grin grin grin how did you know my name. He should spend very little just to show that he cares. He's suppose to propose after 6months
But you mention Men spending their salaries on women hence leading to low or no saving required to setting up a Family...now you're saying he should spend little...you women sef, una too dey contradict una selves too much...

3 Likes

Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by darkmarky(m): 9:37am On Oct 28, 2017
WinningSun:

but when you give birth to a female she will be a nigerian. and one day she will something else.
lol... Naah.. We will relocate to south
Re: Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors by Dainikel(m): 9:39am On Oct 28, 2017
If suitors are really scarce as its been portrayed here then what category of suitors are the ones I see getting married here every weekend?
I think it has to do more of getting the right spouse whose objectives aligns with yours. Despite the economy both the poor & the rich are still getting married...finding the right personality is the main.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out This Pix Of Valentines Day Far Back 1965 / I Have Been Traumatized Into Thinking I'm Ugly? / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.