Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,265 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning (15584 Views)

87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / Dangote Blasts State Governors For High Poverty Rate In Northern Nigeria / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by laudate: 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
Yorubas are poor. I can tell you that with authority.
How many of them do you know? Somebody is going to tell you now, that a lot of them can feed you and your descendants.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Sprumbabafather: 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
PVision2020:

Nobody knows the slum you're mentioning nigga. If Obosi is the eldorado you claim it is, Why are you guys not relocating there in droves, the same way you keep flooding SW ?

We are relocating to import more containers do we can spread the 4 decking revolution into Oba, Ozubulu and other towns . We make money in Laos and invest in the east. Cry me a river.
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Sprumbabafather: 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
laudate:

How many of them do you know? Somebody is going to tell you now, that a lot of them can feed you and your descendants.

The yorubaman living near me here is so poor that he begs for a living. He is sophisticated in poverty .

4 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by PVision2020(m): 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
Oga080666419419:

HEHEHEH HEHEHEH HEHEHEH HEHEHEH HEHEHEH

YOU DON'T HOW TO USE FIGURES, YOU NEVER TALK FESTAC NA GOWON.

IYANA IPAJA IS WHERE MOST YORUBA THAT WORK IN THE TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY IN LAGOS LIVE.
THEIR CONDUCTORS LIVE AT AGEGE.
I USED TO LIVE AT EGBEDA.

NO AREA IN LAGOS COME CLOSE TO AWADA AND NKPOR IN HIGH RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS, NOT EVEN WHEN YOU MERGE THE ENTIRE LAGOS AND MULTIPLY IT BY 10.

AGEGE AND IYANA IPAJA ARE DOMINATEED BY FACE-ME-I-SLAP-YOU.
ILAJE HAVE MOSTLY WOODEN MAKESHIFT HOMES.
Awada ko, Comedy ni....
O boy stop making a mockery of your self in public.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by laudate: 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
Exclusive32:
nop, sir. I have been to every local government of yenagoa, I have never seen such. if you talk about the fishing port, I will totally agree with you but in community, no such. The only thing that is bereave in the communities are the basic amenities. No bamboo permanent living house over here.
Oga, I have been to the villages, swamps as well as creeks in Bayelsa, and I saw mud houses and bamboo houses. Maybe you have not visited those areas. undecided When Yenagoa was made a state capital in 1996, it looked like a glorified village. But things have now improved. However, there are still villages and creek settlements that lack standard housing for their residents. I have worked extensively in the Niger-Delta, including different parts of Bayelsa, so I know what I am talking about. sad

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by AnambraDota: 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
PVision2020:

Nobody knows the slum you're mentioning nigga. If Obosi is the eldorado you claim it is, Why are you guys not relocating there in droves, the same way you keep flooding SW ?

If Obosi were to be in Lagos it will be rated alongside Magodo and other highbrow areas but in Anambra its just a regular neighborhood developing, people still have clean air and houses are well ventilated. Though borehole are used, it's better than most places in Lagos except Lekki.

1 Like

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Decksaltedxx: 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
Michael004:
For where, more attacks are coming. Once I am less busy and come here and I see any attack on Yoruba, then be rest assure I am going to launch my own repulsive missile who's is brutal.

Ignore that illiterate. The OP is one angry painter that always post nonsense on nairaland after smoking skunk. You will pity him if you see his pictures, abeg let him rant in peace.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by laudate: 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
The yorubaman living near me here is so poor that he begs for a living. He is sophisticated in poverty .
Just one? shocked Haba, you fall my hand, o! cheesy Do you know how many of your people that Femi Otedola, Mike Adenuga, Oba Otudeko, Dewale Tinubu, Folorunsho Alakija and other such notable Yoruba people feed on a daily basis? Do you know how many of your people beg for funds to eat outside the gates of our churches, every Sunday?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by laudate: 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
AnambraDota:
If Obosi were to be in Lagos it will be rated alongside Magodo and other highbrow areas but in Anambra its just a regular neighborhood developing, people still have clean air and houses are well ventilated. Though borehole are used, it's better than most places in Lagos except Lekki.
You cannot make a well-balanced informed assessment of the situation, because we know you were raised in the slums.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Decksaltedxx: 3:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Agentsmith002:
. he will attack ur personality and post ur pictures here and other social media

he will also extract ur family pictures too for ridiculous motive. am sure you wouldn't want that to happen

It seems you want to purposely disgrace the Op, he wont dare go through that route cos you will also suffer with him. Be careful.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Decksaltedxx: 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
Yorubas are poor. I can tell you that with authority.

Coming from a flat head whose people cant prosper without running away from their erosion ravaged land. Buhahahjahahahahaahahahah

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Decksaltedxx: 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
AnambraDota:

Ebuka, Comparing the cursed Anambra to Lagos is really making me laugh. Stop smoking expired weed, its not good for your health.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Exclusive32: 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
laudate:

Oga, I have been to the villages, swamps as well as creeks in Bayelsa, and I saw mud houses and bamboo houses. Maybe you have not visited those areas. undecided When Yenagoa was made a state capital in 1996, it looked like a glorified village. But things have now improved. However, there are still villages and creek settlements that lack standard housing for their residents. I have worked extensively in the Niger-Delta, including different parts of Bayelsa, so I know what I am talking about. sad
you don't no what you are talking about, sir. This is your only point of ya argument , that s why you are still holding on to it. you have never been to any village in bayelsa, may be you just heard about the terrain. Standard of living over here is 100+ most of those poor people living in lag. there is no such bamboo house in bayelsa. stop such lie, my dear.
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Oga080666419419: 3:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
laudate:

Just one? shocked Haba, you fall my hand, o! cheesy Do you know how many of your people that Femi Otedola, Mike Adenuga, Oba Otudeko, Dewale Tinubu, Folorunsho Alakija and other such notable Yoruba people feed on a daily basis? Do you know how many of your people beg for funds to eat outside the gates of our churches, every Sunday?

BUT YOU JUST SAID YOU AREN'T A YORUBA BUT WHY ADDING WE WHEN YOU ABOUT YORUBAS.

KEEP LYING
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by PVision2020(m): 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

We are relocating to import more containers do we can spread the 4 decking revolution into Oba, Ozubulu and other towns . We make money in Laos and invest in the east. Cry me a river.
hahahahahaha....you invest in the east and the esusu IGR of the whole 5 eastern Villages is not up to that of Ogun state alone.
You guys need to be pitied... ndo, pele

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by laudate: 3:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
Oga080666419419:
BUT YOU JUST SAID YOU AREN'T A YORUBA BUT WHY ADDING WE WHEN YOU ABOUT YORUBAS.

KEEP LYING
Yes, I said your people beg for funds outside the gates of our churches, because I attend RCCG church in Lagos, and a number of your people come to the gate of the church to beg for money for food and transport every Sunday. When you ask them why, they tell you that the person they stayed with in Lagos kicked them out, or they lost their jobs. I just pointed it out. Where is the lie in what I said? Is anything wrong with that?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by 1wolex85: 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
AnambraDota:

Don't you see where it's written that the wealth is not evenly distributed.

Lagos have more skyscrapers that rest of Nigeria combine, Lagos also have more slums that the entire East combine.

Anambra have more high rise residential buildings than Lagos, skyscrapers are corporate offices not residential buildings.
Let's push for a better living condition not a bigger economy.

Did this guy just say there are more high rise residential buildings in Anambra compared to Lagos? chai! wonders shall never end

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Erums(m): 3:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
QueenSekxy:
Lagos is a glorified slum. .everybody knows undecided

Hi QueenSekxy
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by PVision2020(m): 3:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
AnambraDota:

When IMO state is just celebrating its first flyover.
Anambra = 3.
Iyana Ipaja/Alimosho =3
Obosi= searching google map
No result found...lol
You guys should stop making a fool of yourselves online.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
intruxive:

We have lagos, what do u have that can be removed?
We get ' we the ss and se'. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
PVision2020:

When IMO state is just celebrating its first flyover.
Anambra = 3.
Iyana Ipaja/Alimosho =3
Obosi= searching google map
No result found...lol
You guys should stop making a fool of yourselves online.

11 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
1wolex85:

Did this guy just say there are more high rise residential buildings in Anambra compared to Lagos? chai! wonders shall never end
The thing weak me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by MbaMbaMbaMba: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
PVision2020:

hahahahahaha....you invest in the east and the esusu IGR of the whole 5 eastern Villages is not up to that of Ogun state alone.
You guys need to be pitied... ndo, pele

Lmaooo. Most of them are comedians cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by laudate: 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
Exclusive32:

you don't no what you are talking about, sir. This is your only point of ya argument , that s why you are still holding on to it. you have never been to any village in bayelsa, may be you just heard about the terrain. Standard of living over here is 100+ most of those poor people living in lag. there is no such bamboo house in bayelsa. stop such lie, my dear.
Stop living in denial. Bamboo houses that I saw with my very own two eyes, when we went to install telecom masts inside the creeks of Bayelsa? Why are you persisting in denying the facts and telling lies?? shocked

And who told you most of the poor Bayelsa people are living in Lagos?

Yenegoa as a State Capital.
With the creation of Bayelsa State on 1st October 1996, Yenegoa was chosen as the capital of the new State. A military administrator was appointed to oversee the affairs of the State. On arrival, the young Phillip Ayeni was ushered into the local government chairman’s residence that was to serve as his official residence and office. Access to his office and residential quarters was even difficult because the road connecting it was in a horrible state of repair. The picture of the new State capital was a summary of the aged long rejection and marginalization which this region of the Niger Delta had suffered from the Nigerian State despite its contribution to the economy of the nation.

It is an area very rich in oil deposit, but spatially backward in terms of infrastructural development. The history of poverty was clearly written on the faces of the natives that lined up the only road to welcome the military administrator to the new State capital. Beyond Yenegoa are hamlets and villages scattered across the creeks and swamps.

The Challenges of the New State Capital.
On assumption of office, the state government did not need anyone to announce to it that the major task confronting it was to develop a befitting State capital out of Yenegoa, and the surrounding villages lying forlorn in the creeks. These are villages neglected by the Nigerian State for a long time, but which now share in the status of oil rich State capital.

The circumstance of her geography was another challenge to spatial development that the government knew it had to contend with. In its eighteen years of existence, several billions of naira had entered into the coffers of successive governments or administrations meant for development of the state. Each administration from that of Chief Diepriye Alamieyesigha to the present government of Hon. Seriake Dickson, the main challenge has been the development of a model capital city for Bayelsa State.

At the embryonic stage, there was the absence of spatial plan to control physical development..... Home ownership in the city is a herculean task, because of its difficult geographical terrain (most of the land are lying under water). Raising a standard physical structure in the city is more expensive, when compared with what obtains in some other cities in Nigeria. Where they exist, they are hardly adequate for the household population in that dwelling unit.

Along the Mbiama road, that gives access into the city, derelict houses form walls on both sides thus giving the city a picture of decay. Physical development control tool is very weak in the city. Most buildings were erected without approval from the relevant authorities. The natives are not ready to be subjected to the process of plan preparation and approval. The practice is alien to them, and the financial involvement is not something they are ready to accommodate. Attempts to force them to comply with the existing building regulations, had often receive unfriendly reaction.... http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/DCS/article/viewFile/20929/21173

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
Decksaltedxx:

Ignore that illiterate. The OP is one angry painter that always post nonsense on nairaland after smoking skunk. You will pity him if you see his pictures, abeg let him rant in peace.
Who cares before. He can try me na. Like I said, I will continue giving them headache here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by BankeSmalls(f): 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2017
1wolex85:

There are more high rise building in Anambra alone than Lagos.
Fact.
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
[s]
Agentsmith002:
. he will attack ur personality and post ur pictures here and other social media

he will also extract ur family pictures too for ridiculous motive. am sure you wouldn't want that to happen
[/s]

7 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Fact.
Show us the fact, not the mouth fact.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by 1wolex85: 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Fact.

There is really no need to argue. You are not even saying residential buildings, but buildings in general. If you believe your assertion as fact, you are free to continue living in your delusion

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Exclusive32: 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
laudate:

Stop living in denial. Bamboo houses that I saw with my very own two eyes, when we went to install telecom masts inside the creeks of Bayelsa? Why are you persisting in denying the facts and telling lies?? shocked

what we are arguing about is different from your acclaim fake journal. That was then, when it was created. yea, I m living in denial but you are living in fault assertion. no such place like that in bayelsa, stop this lie. By the way, where are you from.
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Exclusive32: 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
laudate:

if I may no, which village do you saw the bamboo house? Because I know you are fun of disseminating bogus lies with hubris.
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by tpwealth(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
AnambraDota:

Lagos poor eat from hand to mouth. From high cost of rentage to transport fare to foodstuffs, utility bills, after paying all these they still don't get clean air and clean running water.

Lagos poor live to pay bills and boast of living in a city where they brag one room can pay for a duplex in other states.

I hate Lagosians that always brag about them living next to development and civilization but die in silence.
Same way your people that stays in slums part of Lagos are treated like kings and queens whenever they travel home. Remember that your brother staying in Ajegunle bought the first Android phone you are using presently for you.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic / Senate Moves To Whittle Down IGP’s Powers, Decentralises Police Structure / FG To Spend ₦3bn To Acquire & Renovate 4 Properties Forfeited To EFCC In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.