Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,270 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (128841 Views)

Kogi Flood: 8 Days On The Road From Warri To Lokoja, Motorists Cry Out (video) / Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Shakitibob0: 8:00am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

Omor boy these Europeans fit stroll enter Naija oh anytime grin my duty was just to send her an invitation letter with the same consistency as the first letter, she will just send her passport to the Nigerian embassy here, kpam! Them don knack am 30days or 2months Naija visa... angry
chai. Ok boss, I see

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 04, 2017
Rapsowdee01:
AS WITTY AND VERY FUNNY THIS OP'S STORY IS,

IT'S A MOTIVATION FOR ME...

EVER SINCE I HAD FAILED OAU'S PRE DEGREE PROGRAM

ONE THING THAT HAS BEEN ON MY MIND IS GOING TO GERMANY,

I'M A STUDENT AT YABATECH CURRENTLY SO I JUST LOST INTEREST IN MY DREAM BUT AFTER READING THIS GUY'S STORY.....

MY DREAM HAS BEEN REFUELLED.....

THANKS OP.... PLEASE CONTINUE

Thumbs up my man!!! That was why I decided to tell my story, because I would touch someone somehow....brotherly continue dey ginger, oluwa go run am foreign for you..tuale

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 04, 2017
legendary4luv:

Thanks bro, op I don dey reason to learn plumber work for naija here but the ish be say Na same technique wey we dey use do am for here dem dey do for there abi make I kukuma learn am when I land there?

Sha just learn am, the difference nor go big, if at all, once you land here, na to do little supplementary class to bring you to speed

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by legendary4luv(m): 8:07am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

Sha just learn am, the difference nor go big, if at all, once you land here, na to do little supplementary class to bring you to speed

No lele! Ride on bro, I dey follow u bumper to bumper

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kennystones: 8:11am On Nov 04, 2017
Love your story.so much positivity. God bless your hustle.no fight wit ur babe o abeg.d babe na real blood

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 04, 2017
salford1:

Na so bro. Where I currently work for obodo oyinbo, our electricians make much more than the engineers plus they also cut shows by doing side jobs after work too. In addition to their electrician license, they all also have a truckers license which makes them recession proof.

My brother na so e just be....all these Masters good oh, but na waste of time...these Europeans go just for skills acquisition only and master it well and turn millionaires....no time, na to follow the train as e dey play

24 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 04, 2017
kennystones:
Love your story.so much positivity. God bless your hustle.no fight wit ur babe o abeg.d babe na real blood

I dey tell you...sometimes her head dey shake, but I go just forget that side because of her good heart and straightforward ways...na super woman she be

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by legendary4luv(m): 8:20am On Nov 04, 2017
Choi, make I do finish school naaa, make uni-fvckin-port no dull me next year! Op from ur tori so far e be like to go all this Scandinavian countries via school dey hard! Make I dey play bet dey go oluwa go soon pick my calls

10 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 04, 2017
legendary4luv:
Choi, make I do finish school naaa, make uni-fvckin-port no dull me next year! Op from ur tori so far e be like to go all this Scandinavian countries via school dey hard! Make I dey play bet dey go oluwa go soon pick my calls

Depends oh...Naija students full Scandanavia normally, say them reject me nor mean say them go reject you, nor be the same canoe dey carry our two grin bet9ja help me that year sha, continue the hustle....tuale

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kachi19: 8:25am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

Different strokes for different folks...but here they consume milk the way we consume pure water back home grin if you get the line for the potato matter, you fit run am, but I think they grow it massively here especially in the countrysides, I’ll confirm

On a scale of 1 -10 the chances of a foreigner like us getting a good life there
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by bayocanny: 8:26am On Nov 04, 2017
legendary4luv:

Me dey reason Austria but I dey finish school next year, is it too early to start planning, my bank account na #0.00 sha lol
No worry ehn, NYSC go give u money grin

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 04, 2017
kachi19:

On a scale of 1 -10 the chances of a foreigner like us getting a good life there

Being a serial optimist, I’ll give it an ‘8’....if you master a skill well here and network well, you’ll be good....I have Nigerian friends living good lives here too, so I focus on these set of people, mind you it’s not easy anywhere, but with stubbornness and grace from God, you’ll come good

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by legendary4luv(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2017
bayocanny:

No worry ehn, NYSC go give u money grin

Lol, you mean nysc go give me peanut abi? E be like say I go use this nysc opportunity like plumber work though for my family we no smart for handwork lol

3 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by legendary4luv(m): 8:40am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

Depends oh...Naija students full Scandanavia normally, say them reject me nor mean say them go reject you, nor be the same canoe dey carry our two grin bet9ja help me that year sha, continue the hustle....tuale

Lol, betting must pay oooo, I go raise 600k, my family go complete the rest by God's grace!

11 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 04, 2017
legendary4luv:

Lol, you mean nysc go give me peanut abi? E be like say I go use this nysc opportunity like plumber work though for my family we no smart for handwork lol

Nor reason am, learn am...one thing is this: when you begin to do one particular thing continuously and consistently, you’ll develop MASTERY of it...so just start anyhow anyhow

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by legendary4luv(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

Nor reason am, learn am...one thing is this: when you begin to do one particular thing continuously and consistently, you’ll develop MASTERY of it...so just start anyhow anyhow

Plumber here I come! Shey e dey lucrative? wink
suomi1990:

Plumber here I come! Shey e dey lucrative?
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by TheManOfTheYear: 9:14am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:
It was like a film trick to me when my Swedish babe announced to me that she was coming to visit me in Nigeria shocked I had about one month to prepare for her coming, so I prepared an invitation letter for her, stating my address in Abuja then as reference. As a normal street man, I used my savings early enough in Ponzi at that time: MMM, Bitcoin etc... my savings had swelled to well over N2M, and I was making more money by just sitting on my laptop everyday, I once made 400k in one day on those sharp sharp ponzi...God bless Ponzi era!!! cheesy I was fortified for my Swedish girl’s visit so I flew to Lagos Airport to pick her up...Man, this oyibo chic was hot shocked I paid for 2 nights at one exclusive hotel near Lagos airport and gave this oyibo chic the kind of treatment I had never given my previous Naija girls, I’m sorry... sad With my legend plus pepper soup and samsu (Warri I hail oh) cheesy I gave this oyibo chic enough doze of my massive D*K wink we went to Abuja and had more fun, then she left back for Sweden, our relationship became as powerful as ever, she was practically obsessed with me....but I deeply loved her because of her simplicity, as schools in Scandanavia gang up against me to stop my MSc, I gats find way visit then.....Who is on the bus?? Oya comments grin
How is Helsinki like?
Or are you in another city?
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kachi19: 9:22am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

Being a serial optimist, I’ll give it an ‘8’....if you master a skill well here and network well, you’ll be good....I have Nigerian friends living good lives here too, so I focus on these set of people, mind you it’s not easy anywhere, but with stubbornness and grace from God, you’ll come good

Wdym by network??
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by jimsky(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2017
we de wait guy kwontinue..

6 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by NONNYG: 9:24am On Nov 04, 2017
Omg! See the number of people viewing this thread shocked

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:
I touched down this country to the waiting arms of my crying babe, it was damn emotional for the poor girl, and a Naija guy who was working with a top British firm here....I believe in NETWORKING 150%!! Before I came here, I had Naija guys wey know as e dey go on ground to network with, my woman dey wonder as I take dey run my matters self grin I started a language school to brush up more on my skills which I had been sharpening already in Naija...Her family loves me so much because I hit the ground running in terms of communication....If you came from a poverty background like me, you just have to be humble, well, excruciating poverty suppose humble anyone, that is one quality I have too: I started working part time, a small job that I got courtesy of my Naija guy here,and combining it with classes too.. Now I’m not going for MASTERS shocked the technical men, the hairdressers, the truck drivers, the skilled ones are the big boys here...professional jobs are here all the same, but aren’t easy my people, and certain restrictions apply e.g EU or non EU person...comments, questions etc!!!!

Epic!!!

I remember the year I did this Finland runs, anxiety want kill me but that one was Childs play compare to my current.

Something of note that a female was there to make you have hope through it all.

18 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Divay22(f): 9:30am On Nov 04, 2017
Lemme just space first.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by ashawopikin(m): 9:31am On Nov 04, 2017
BenNash:
Bro please skip the details of the sexual parts of your story before Justwise removes this thread. I thought this was a diary on your experiences from warri to Finland. Now that I read it, it looks more like a story meant for the romance section.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Illegal44: 9:32am On Nov 04, 2017
Abeg kwantinu
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kowalsky: 9:33am On Nov 04, 2017
wow. shocked

damn. i admire your courage. and you've just inspired me to tripple my hustle. I'm leaving this hell hole next year angry

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by omosefeeguaibor(f): 9:33am On Nov 04, 2017
I am soooooooooo inspired op, my own loading soonest.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 04, 2017
kachi19:

Wdym by network??

Okay I mean making professional relationships with people who will take you to where you want to be
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by TeeAL(m): 9:35am On Nov 04, 2017
nice one op. continue
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by mozland12(m): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2017
I hope in the end this story inspires someone!!! cool grin grin
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 04, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
How is Helsinki like?
Or are you in another city?

Helsinki is a superb city with the most opportunity in Finland...however it can be expensive depending on your lifestyle, my Naija guys there dey live by “divide and conquer”...sharing bills to save more

8 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by TheManOfTheYear: 9:38am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:
I touched down this country to the waiting arms of my crying babe, it was damn emotional for the poor girl, and a Naija guy who was working with a top British firm here....I believe in NETWORKING 150%!! Before I came here, I had Naija guys wey know as e dey go on ground to network with, my woman dey wonder as I take dey run my matters self grin I started a language school to brush up more on my skills which I had been sharpening already in Naija...Her family loves me so much because I hit the ground running in terms of communication....If you came from a poverty background like me, you just have to be humble, well, excruciating poverty suppose humble anyone, that is one quality I have too: I started working part time, a small job that I got courtesy of my Naija guy here,and combining it with classes too.. Now I’m not going for MASTERS shocked the technical men, the hairdressers, the truck drivers, the skilled ones are the big boys here...professional jobs are here all the same, but aren’t easy my people, and certain restrictions apply e.g EU or non EU person...comments, questions etc!!!!
I dey feel you bro
I love your determination and strong will

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.