Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4431248 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) (1254) (1255) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
agaugust:

You don't sell $4 million T-84 Oplot tanks or do you? We are guying it from Ukraine.

Rooivalk is NOT worth the $40 million price tag, it's a highly over-valued at the same price of an Su-30 Flanker jet !

South Africa sells average weapons at exorbitant rip-off prices, reason why Nigerian's ignored Woolworth till they ran away from Lagos

Robbers grin

Woolworth sells organic products, something which Nigerians do not understand. However, they went on to dominate Australian market with a storm. SA companies are super.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
agaugust:

With imported engines from France and USA, imported designs from Canada, imported engineers from Israel....well done grin

Let's assume this to be true

I then have one question:

Why is nigeria unable to do the same?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
patches689:

I posted citatins that show that tow be a lie

How about you provide some to prove what you and Henry120 are saying is true

First things first, Patrick, since you joined this forum you have not made a single truthful comment.

Mr Mokopa, truth is the farthest thing from you.

All my posts have all been proven to be accurate. The fact you have no aviation fuel and the fact you fly 70years old dakota and 3rd hand C-130's from the U.S have all been proven to be accurate.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
Msauza:

Woolworth sells organic products, something which Nigerians do not understand. However, they went on to dominate Australian market with a storm. SA companies are super.

Yes, the Nigerian consumer needed to be educated. Too long and steep a curve. Shoprite would work because of the nature of the average Shoprite consumer. But that's only half the story. Wollies's competitive advantage is quality, which requires good distribution channels and suppliers etc. MacDonalds refused to go into Nigeria because of the lack of those.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
Patchesagain:

Indeed

We South Africans dont veiw ourselves as part of Africa either.

Pro-Tip: Being associated as African anything is a bid thing in Western and Eastern minds

This is the fool who likes to whine and whine about race.

Good luck with your 85% black population living in poverty, neither does it change the fact you live in the murder and HIV capital of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 2:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
Henry120:

Good luck with your 85% black population living in poverty, neither does it change the fact you live in the murder and HIV capital of the world.

South Africa leads on poverty reduction as a millennium development goal. Wrong country, dude. You mean Nigeria.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201409231054.html

"According to statistics, the poverty rate in South Africa dropped by 11% between 2009 and 2011 as government expanded welfare grants.

The number of beneficiaries of social grants in South Africa grew from two million in 1994 to about 16 million in February 2013. Of these, an estimated 11 million are Child Support Grant beneficiaries.

"Grants have proved to be very helpful in eradicating poverty and keeping children in schools. What I want to see now is for women to be empowered so they can contribute towards the development of their children and themselves," said Minister Dlamini."
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
Henry120:

Your infants are the most carriers of the virus on earth. So, that has underlying danger to your population.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
Henry120:

First things first, Patrick, since you joined this forum you have not made a single truthful comment.

All my posts have all been proven to be accurate. The fact you have no aviation fuel and the fact you fly 70years old dakota and 3rd hand C-130's from the U.S have all been proven to be accurate.

Then prove that 85% of South Africa black people live in poverty

I have shown proof that it is a lie - yet you continue to tell it

And again, go read about the DAKs and C-130s (both of which will be replaced soon)

Finally, feel free to point out my lies

I have a list of augubugs lies if you want me to post them
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
Henry120:

Where did I mention race?

Still using fraudulent stats that have been proven to be false? Typical nigerian
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
Henry120:

By the way, Nigeria LEADS on AIDS related deaths.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201407280986.html

"CHUKWUMA MUANYA writes on a new global report which points to slow progress in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Nigeria

IT appears that Nigeria is now the worst hit by the dreaded Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (HIV)/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), despite federal government's efforts, through the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) to contain it."

"Also, Nigeria has the highest number of AIDS related deaths, globally, in 2013. The country is closely followed by South Africa with 13 per cent, and India with eight per cent."
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
Henry120:

And btw, you have yet to provide proof that we have no aviation fuel

Don't poat opinion, show us FACT
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ELKASPBG(m): 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
who said Nigeria will not lead the multi national force then read more

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/nigeria-lead-multinational-strike-force-boko-haram/ south African guys will not like to read or here it ;Dwho said Nigeria will not lead the multi national force then read more

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/nigeria-lead-multinational-strike-force-boko-haram/ south African guys will not like to read or here it

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
Msauza:

Your infants are the most carriers of the virus on earth. So, that has underlying danger to your population.

Read my last post. Nigeria also leads on actual AIDS related deaths.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ELKASPBG(m): 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
ELKASPBG:
who said Nigeria will not lead the multi national force then read more
dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/nigeria-lead-multinational-strike-force-boko-haram/ south African guys will not like to read or here it ;Dwho said Nigeria will not lead the multi national force then read more
dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/nigeria-lead-multinational-strike-force-boko-haram/ south African guys will not like to read or here it

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/nigeria-lead-multinational-strike-force-boko-haram/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
ELKASPBG:

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/nigeria-lead-multinational-strike-force-boko-haram/

I feel sorry for the forces being led by Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
Patchesagain:

We do build multiple missile systems, and the Cheeta variant of the Mirage we flew is superior to your current F-7's... so what does that say?

And the Cubans never had air-superiority

G5 and G6 was not sold to us, it was designed by a Canadian INSIDE of South Africa FOR a South African company

Nuclear bomb tech was not imported to us.

[b]Maybe you should learnt quote history and actually quote it by providing citations

Dude those are old stories already proved with citations on this thread over and over again, I have almost 6,000 comments on this forum to back up my claims, so feel free to view the sources quoted there. I will NOT play that repeating citations game for a fraud like you, sorry o !

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
EroZA:
hey you can you stop diluting this thread with your nonsense.... share your tears on another thread and let colonel augububu and mark Henry do the work for you...

Am sure comments from @lezz gives you nightmares. Live with it grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
colonel I don't take Nigerians serious,am here for fun

agaugust:

Am sure comments from @lezz gives you nightmares. Live with it grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
lezz:
i will take that as an implicite admission that mark henry and the colonel has thought you some lessons. Well since they are my country folks and share same motions with me. I shall oblige your request and allow them turn you green. Lol.

Oga no mind am, the guy dey talk like say na palm wine full him water bottle grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
[size=16pt]
Msauza:

Green or not, the fact remains SA still runs like a bull on Africa's kraal, despite its demotion. Nigeria cannot do it in Africa with their top position as Africa's economic power.

A South African publicly admitts that Nigeria has demoted South Africa by sitting on top of their head....I bookmark the above comment for future reference

[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
GreenandGold:

1. [s]South Africans developed South Africa. We got independence from Britain in 1910 and there wasn't even a kilometre of tarred road. The only colonial building in South Africa is the Castle of Good Hope which was built by the Dutch as a Dutch fortress almost 400 years ago.. everything else is Proudly South African[/s].

2. Nigeria is not like China, you're insulting China by even putting your country in the same sentence with China.

3. [s]What you are now getting (your mostly retail infrastructure) we have been having it for decades ago, probably half a century ahead. You are light years behind in mega economic infrastructure we have and currently build[/s].

1, And who is this fraud trying to defraud? Who is a South African?
2. Who are those on this thread calling China's military industrial complex fake?
3. Nonsense talk
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2014
agaugust:

How do you dominate with about 2 times smaller economic output and 3 times smaller consumer sales market?

MTN customers in Nigeria alone is equal to the whole population of South Africa. That is what investors are looking for.

You can eat your nice infrastructure for breakfast if you want. Who cares? Nobody
Actually, Infrastructure matters .A lot.By far. I have heard a lot about how MTN and Airtel charge Nigerian customers excessively but deliver the kind of Services that Kenya was getting in.... 2001. One of the reason. MTN and Airtel have to maintain their base stations using Emergency generators .Something they do not do in Kenya unless the base station is in the middle of a National Park.
If Investors were looking for only Population, every international investor would be based in Nigeria. But No. The Africa Headquarters for virtually every International investor is either in Kenya or South Africa.Please ask yourself why the following companies chose Kenya over Nigeria.
IBM
Google
Cisco Systems
Avic Investments
Blackberry Africa(Which is strange since BlackBerry has more customers in Nigeria and South Africa)
BASF
Bharti Airtel( Despite it having more customers in Nigeria)
Cocacola( Previously in S.A and the Nairobi Office was in charge of East Central and Southern Africa.But now it is in charge of the entire continent)
Barclays(East and West Africa.The CEO who overlooked all units in East and West Africa was usually Kenyan .Including our Industrialisation Minister)
Motorola(Sub Saharan Africa)
International Monetary Fund( Explains why Legrade is ever visiting)
Mitsubishi
Nokia Siemens( It was moved from S.A. Yaaay! This was an ecstatic moment when Nokia approved this move)
Qualcomm
Rockerfeller Foundation( This.I found out today)
Scania AB
Standard Chartered( Again,despite having more customers in Nigeria, its African Banking system is most technologically advanced in Kenya which is why the Africa Headquarters are in Chiromo, Nairobi. A fabulous building by the way.)
The World Bank
Visa(Sub Saharan Africa)
Starlink
And this Year we are hoping Toyota will move its Africa HQ to Kenya from South Africa .. I hope Intel does so too.
RTI International
CCTV
Xinhua News Agency
A large number of the companies with their Africa Headquarters in Kenya are Banking and ICT companies despite Nigeria having a large banking and internet population. This is where INFRASTRUCTURE comes in. As of 2014, Kenya has the highest bandwidth per person in Africa thanks to the enormous investment we have made in fibre optics, hosting and last mile connectivity http://investeddevelopment.com/blog/tag/electricity/
.Thats why Google came here in 2007 and the likes of IBM in 2012. INFRASTRUCTURE MATTERS.Not a population which 65% has no power and the other 35% gets electricity like it is a post apocalyptic food ration no matter how big that population is. Not nation that refuses to invest in in its infrastructure. Not a nation with a home grown insurgency.(Boko Haram. Our Al Shabaab menace is not Kenyan but from our Willd Wild East Neighbour Somalia). And you guys do not know how poor your reputation is. Instead of your IT guys doing startups like us,They are busy making Nigeria the largest source of online scams with 20% originating from Nigeria .Well ahead of India(17%) and the US(13%). 2 weeks agothe FBI came to Nairobi.To capture Nigerians perpetuating Scams from Nairobi .SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2014
GreenandGold:

Dude,don't be dumb. South African money is behind some economic infrastructure you see. Dude you don't know much about business do you ?

Stanbic Bank is funding some "Nigerian" projects. How do you think Nigeria raises capital when its banks and investment companies are obsolete?

Stanbic Bank? Tell me about the history of Stanbic Bank Nigeria and you realise you are an empty skull in terms of business. What is the percentage Standard Bank South Africa stake in Nigeria's Stanbic Bank? South Africa is not funding a single Nigerian project!! Get that straight into your hollow skull. Damn!!! angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
GERALD710:

Actually, Infrastructure matters .A lot.By far. I have heard a lot about how MTN and Airtel charge Nigerian customers excessively but deliver the kind of Services that Kenya was getting in.... 2001. One of the reason. MTN and Airtel have to maintain their base stations using Emergency generators .Something they do not do in Kenya unless the base station is in the middle of a National Park.
If Investors were looking for only Population, every international investor would be based in Nigeria. But No. The Africa Headquarters for virtually every International investor is either in Kenya or South Africa.Please ask yourself why the following companies chose Kenya over Nigeria.
IBM
Google
Cisco Systems
Avic Investments
Blackberry Africa(Which is strange since BlackBerry has more customers in Nigeria and South Africa)
BASF
Bharti Airtel( Despite it having more customers in Nigeria)
Cocacola( Previously in S.A and the Nairobi Office was in charge of East Central and Southern Africa.But now it is in charge of the entire continent)
Barclays(East and West Africa.The CEO who overlooked all units in East and West Africa was usually Kenyan .Including our Industrialisation Minister)
Motorola(Sub Saharan Africa)
International Monetary Fund( Explains why Legrade is ever visiting)
Mitsubishi
Nokia Siemens( It was moved from S.A. Yaaay! This was an ecstatic moment when Nokia approved this move)
Qualcomm
Rockerfeller Foundation( This.I found out today)
Scania AB
Standard Chartered( Again,despite having more customers in Nigeria, its African Banking system is most technologically advanced in Kenya which is why the Africa Headquarters are in Chiromo, Nairobi. A fabulous building by the way.)
The World Bank
Visa(Sub Saharan Africa)
Starlink
And this Year we are hoping Toyota will move its Africa HQ to Kenya from South Africa .. I hope Intel does so too.
RTI International
CCTV
Xinhua News Agency
A large number of the companies with their Africa Headquarters in Kenya are Banking and ICT companies despite Nigeria having a large banking and internet population. This is where INFRASTRUCTURE comes in. As of 2014, Kenya has the highest bandwidth per person in Africa thanks to the enormous investment we have made in fibre optics, hosting and last mile connectivity http://investeddevelopment.com/blog/tag/electricity/
.Thats why Google came here in 2007 and the likes of IBM in 2012. INFRASTRUCTURE MATTERS.Not a population which 65% has no power and the other 35% gets electricity like it is a post apocalyptic food ration no matter how big that population is. Not nation that refuses to invest in in its infrastructure. Not a nation with a home grown insurgency.(Boko Haram. Our Al Shabaab menace is not Kenyan but from our Willd Wild East Neighbour Somalia). And you guys do not know how poor your reputation is. Instead of your IT guys doing startups like us,They are busy making Nigeria the largest source of online scams with 20% originating from Nigeria .Well ahead of India(17%) and the US(13%). 2 weeks agothe FBI came to Nairobi.To capture Nigerians perpetuating Scams from Nairobi .SMH.

grin grin grin grin Still need to vent your pain some more? Kenya??

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
NaijaPikinGidi:

Stanbic Bank? Tell me about the history of Stanbic Bank Nigeria and you realise you are an empty skull in terms of business. What is the percentage Standard Bank South Africa stake in Nigeria's Stanbic Bank? South Africa is not funding a single Nigerian project!! Get that straight into your hollow skull. Damn!!! angry angry angry angry

Majority shares, just in two words.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
Msauza:

Chief, Nigeria is busted and cannot do anything to go off the chain. MTN is by no doubt the biggest service provider in Nigeria and has created many jobs which add significant value on the economy of Nigeria. The same applies to DSTV which has employed and empowered many businesses in Nigeria.

Should they however decide to pull out, Nigeria will at all costs feel the heat from a large scale loss of employment and revenues.

So, for as much as South African companies need you, you equally need them even more. So they are not under your mercy.

No need to imagine a calamity that will not happen to Nigeria. We have done nationalization before by turning British Petroleum to African petroleum, so we can just ask Globacom as our national telecoms carrier to take over MTN.....easy ride.

I see SA guys no longer boast about about eating Nigeria's $9 million, they now realize we will eat up their MTN worth say 100 times more, then we will know who is the real big loser grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
NaijaPikinGidi:

Do you wish to cry now or after reading this?

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sa-banks-to-finance-buyers-of-vehicles-assembled-in-nigeria/190472/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
agaugust:

Dude those are old stories already proved with citations on this thread over and over again, I have almost 6,000 comments on this forum to back up my claims, so feel free to view the sources quoted there. I will NOT play that repeating citations game for a fraud like you, sorry o !

No

What happens is you say something

We expose it as a lie or fraud

You wait a few weeks

And then say it again like its fact

We have not forgotten- hence we question the validity of your statements

So, unless you can prove something, don't say it

And, Mr Bofors, you shouldn't call people frauds... Unless you want me to publish an updated list of your lies
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
agaugust:

No need to imagine a calamity that will not happen to Nigeria. We have done nationalization before by turning British Petroleum to African petroleum, so we can just ask Globacom as our national telecoms carrier to take over MTN.....easy ride.

I see SA guys no longer boast about about eating Nigeria's $9 million, they now realize we will eat up their MTN worth say 100 times more, then we will know who is the real big loser grin

Go ahead and do it

See what happens

We will laugh and laugh and laugh as nigeria snowballs into Zimbabwe 2.0
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
NaijaPikinGidi:

grin grin grin grin Still need to vent your pain some more? Kenya??
Yes.
Kenya.
The nation with a higher Literacy rate, Better Healthcare system, Internet Speeds, ranks higher on the Social Index, lower crime rate murder per 1000 people, Higher Economic Freedom Index, and most certainly, far more stable power supply( My God how do people live in Nigeria with the constant hum of Generators!!!! Even our worst worst power Rationing in Kenya(2000-2001) was not as bad as the 'normal 'power supply in Ilorin and parts of Lagos.) than Nigeria. Then we had 16 hours of power and an 8 hour blackout daily And we have never had such a rationing again. There are estates in Lagos that get no power for DAYS!!! I can't imagine the situation in the North!!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
agaugust:
[size=16pt]

A South African publicly admitts that Nigeria has demoted South Africa by sitting on top of their head....I bookmark the above comment for future reference

[/size]

Don't you know that? Well but that is only on the aspects of GDP and no where else apart from that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
agaugust:

Yeah.And the capital flight from Nigeria will make the Russian one look like a pilot test.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) (1254) (1255) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.