Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,631 members, 7,861,950 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:41 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4465520 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
patriot3:
I would like to remind you Nigeria is leading the entire african force. And when the french go away Nigeria will replace them.
Now Nigeria is building up the best logistics possible in order to prepare for the departure of the french, the Nigérians are gathering intelligence and building local support for the mission. This is something SA should have done instead of running into redicule.

Then why is chad doing more than nigeria? Nigeria has yet to do any ground combat in Mali and when they do it will just be another peace keeping mission.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Henry120: The post from @ patriot3 must have been so painful that,@andrewza and @dictatozar , usually cool on this thread had to use abusive language.

The movie "300", remake south african style. Lmao!!!

200 SA soldiers against 3000 seleka rebels

This is sparta (SOUTH AFRICA)!!! My king zuma. Lol

Henry you were too quick to commend south African soldiers in CAR, I slowed down and waited for reliable BBC journalist or VOA, RF, DW or CNN journalist on ground to confirm true casualty figures. From bush war records, south African military is well known for propaganda and manipulating figures of combat casualties so o don't trust their south African news sources.

Even American army rangers special forces could not kill Somalia rebels at ratio 50:1, in military combat some things are just impossible unless the CAR rebels were armed mostly with machetes and bows and arrows with only few guns AK47.

SOUTH AFRICAN MILITARY CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH BATTLEFIELD REPORTS BASED ON THEIR TRACK RECORD WITH PROPAGANDA INFORMATION AND DECEPTION FROM THE BUSH WAR
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
agaugust:

You were boasting south Africa entered CAR war and bull.sh.it France, I warned you it was bad dilomacy, now you beg France to save the lives of south African soldiers.

Your peace keeping experience is still experience very poor in south African military, swallow your pride and come to Nigeria for military intervention education, we will teach you free of charge, we are the giant of Africa remember, don't die because of pride. Be humble and learn. China came to learn ecomog operations in Nigeria to help the Chinese army training in that type of war.

We never beg the french for anything.

And at least we don't run from rebels. I mean 50 where enough to drive of nigerians 1000 would make them die of a heart attack.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^^ bunch of hypocrite so augaugust can't make some mistakes but you can call people nigger right...anyway b happy this is the internet I would have punched u ..who b your nigger, u dey craze/

I doubt you would even get one punch ingrin hypocritical about what a blatant lie without any facts, where even the BBC reported the contrary to what this @patriot3 fool posted now this isn't about aguagust he already apologized, so that chapter is over.

Like I said I can call whoever I feel nigga, usually I reserve those words for small boys, and argue and debate with reason when I have a topic with grown respectful man nomatter the age.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
andrewza:

SA solders have a history of these things. Look at what excutive outcome pulled off.
So you mean they played this joke on you before, yet you still fall for it!
Learn this world: "propaganda". When something looks too good to be true...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
patriot3:
I would like to remind you Nigeria is leading the entire african force. And when the french go away Nigeria will replace them.
Now Nigeria is building up the best logistics possible in order to prepare for the departure of the french, the Nigérians are gathering intelligence and building local support for the mission. This is something SA should have done instead of running into redicule.

I agree with you, 100%. Nigeria has made sure that they leave no stone unturned. 50 up graded( electronic gadgets, GPS and tracking system), up-armoured and up gunned pinguazer troop carries have all been deployed to mali. All upgraded by the nigerian army, I must add.

We have gone there well prepared, we don't want to be caught flat footed in mali.

Helicopter gunships( 3 in number)
Alpha jets( 2)
For maximum air cover. Including those to be provided by the french.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
agaugust:

Henry you were too quick to commend south African soldiers in CAR, I slowed down and waited for reliable BBC journalist or VOA, RF, DW or CNN journalist on ground to confirm true casualty figures. From bush war records, south African military is well known for propaganda and manipulating figures of combat casualties so o don't trust their south African news sources.

Even American army rangers special forces could not kill Somalia rebels at ratio 500:1, in military combat some things are just impossible unless the CAR rebels were armed mostly with machetes and bows and arrows with only few guns AK47.

SOUTH AFRICAN MILITARY CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH BATTLEFIELD REPORTS BASED ON THEIR TRACK RECORD WITH PROPAGANDA INFORMATION AND DECEPTION FROM THE BUSH WAR

So you bielfe the cuban reports?

Where did SADF post lies during the bush war.

No one said we killed 3000 or got attacked at the same place by 3000. The battel was 240 to 260 vs 1000 to 3000 rebels over 2 arcs of advance. The main battel took place at the base but there where fights all over the place. We killed 500 rebels. Giving a 50 to 1 kill ratio.

I though you where good with mathes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
agaugust:

Even American army rangers special forces could not kill Somalia rebels at ratio 500:1, in military combat some things are just impossible unless the CAR rebels were armed mostly with machetes and bows and arrows with only few guns AK47.

ooo really..hummm
Anyway I was sceptical about this 50:1 ratio so thanks to shade more light on their claims
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
patriot3:

So you don't know about excuitive outcome then.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ooo really..hummm
Anyway I was sceptical about this 50:1 ratio so thanks to shade more light on their claims

Thing is BBC, CNN, FOX, retures, algezira extra have not doubt these claims. And SANDF never made them in the first place.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
andrewza:

We never beg the french for anything.

And at least we don't run from rebels. I mean 50 where enough to drive of nigerians 1000 would make them die of a heart attack.
Congo, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea buisseau, Darfur, Ivory coast, Niger Delta... The list goes on.
Nigerian soldiers do not run from the battle field, they do not wield white flag. It is: one man, one bullet.
The South Africans on the other hand have just been taken on by a rebel group and they fled to their barracks and pulled the white flag and used diplomatic pressure to save their lives.
Now get off your high horse, truth hurts doesn't it ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
andrewza:

Thing is BBC, CNN, FOX, retures, algezira extra have not doubt these claims. And SANDF never made them in the first place.

Who made them ?
Because the first time I heard them, it was from Zuma's mouth. While he was Under criticism for being responsible for this humiliating defeat.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
Henry120:

I have told you numerous times, "STOP claiming EO". you(andrewza), syndergp and msuaza dis- honourably dis-owned Eeben barlow on this thread and called him all sorts of names, after I posted comments he made on beegeagle's blog. Now you want to claim his achievements? Be a man.

That same eeben barlow was responsible for crimes against humanity and also breached SA's laws for foreign military assistance. We both know the dangers of mercenaries in africa which has led to millions of innocent deaths from these thugs and I'm ashamed that some of these man were former SADF soldiers/scum.
agaugust:

I agree with you. I was only showing solidarity with the south africans.

However I won't lie, the numbers were/ are suspicious. A ratio of 50:1 seems rather over-bloated to be honest. It smacked of propaganda. I still don't believe those figures. How did they count the dead? how did they know how many the attackers were? These are honest question. That figure is only possible if the attackers were only armed with sticks and knives.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
agaugust:

Now why don't you give a CNN or BBC report of what your new compatriot @patriot claimed.

Source please Mr battlefield propagandist
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
patriot3: Congo, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea buisseau, Darfur, Ivory coast, Niger Delta... The list goes on.
Nigerian soldiers do not run from the battle field, they do not wield white flag. It is: one man, one bullet.
The South Africans on the other hand have just been taken on by a rebel group and they fled to their barracks and pulled the white flag and used diplomatic pressure to save their lives.

You don't want me to post the vidoe of Nigerian troops in Serri leon. It was not very pretty.

In sudan 50 rebels chased off nigerian troops. So you can get of your donky.

Sa has been in wars and peace keeping missions for long time.

Kora, nambia, angola, burrindie, DRC, sudan, anti piracy

There where even SA mercs in serri leon.

Not once did rebbels chase us from our a
APCs
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
patriot3:

Patriot please, I am begging you. I no wan make laugh come tear my belle this night oh gringringringrin na you I go hold.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
agaugust:

Now why don't you give a CNN or BBC report of what your new compatriot @patriot claimed.

Source please Mr battlefield propagandist, so even next time when Nigerian commanders give reports we south africans should question every reply even if its from well respected media sources.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
patriot3:
Who made them ?
Because the first time I heard them, it was from Zuma's mouth. While he was Under criticism for being responsible for this humiliating defeat.

Not once has it been said SA was deafted.

You claim to be a news junkie. Yet you post aparthied lovers bloggs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
DictatorZAR:

That same eeben barlow was responsible for crimes against humanity and also breached SA's laws for foreign military assistance. We both know the dangers of mercenaries in africa which has led to millions of innocent deaths from these thugs and I'm ashamed that some of these man were former SADF soldiers/scum.

I don't need to like a man to know he was good at what he did. And he did death.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
andrewza:

You don't want me to post the vidoe of Nigerian troops in Serri leon. It was not very pretty.

APCs
Ok I have just checked with Google and I can't find anything abouth those 50 rebels chasing off Nigerian trops,
can you provide source or link please.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
patriot3:

Propaganda this that, show us your source. Mr news junkee
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
Henry120:

I agree with you. I was only showing solidarity with the south africans.

However I won't lie, the numbers were/ are suspicious. A ratio of 50:1 seems rather over-bloated to be honest. It smacked of propaganda. I still don't believe those figures. How did they count the dead? how did they know how many the attackers were? These are honest question. That figure is only possible if the attackers were only armed with sticks and knives.

It is lower than our bush war kill ratio.

The rebels did collect there dead.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
patriot3: Ok I have just checked with Google and I can't find anything abouth those 50 rebels chasing off Nigerian trops,
can you provide source or link please.

Go 20 to 30 padges back in this thread.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
Who is the fourth best in global peace keeping and peace enforcing ?
Is it SA ? No!
Is it .... Nigeria ? Yes !

Take a look at what real generals look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZcX422xbQQ
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3: Congo, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea buisseau, Darfur, Ivory coast, Niger Delta... The list goes on.

Go read the report from NA's GOC on how Nigerian soldiers were overpowered in Darfur and left there equipment behind before you talk nonsense. Do you even know the distance between SA and CAR, now compare that to Nigeria in that's less then 1500km from Mali, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

Get your facts in order before you weigh apples and Stones
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:04am On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

APCs

Mr source seeker, please quote source to prove your story that Nigerian soldiers ran away from Sudan rebels. I have my own story of Nigerian soldiers bravery in Sudan combat with source to prove it. I will post with laptop, I am using my Nokia phone since this morning to post comments
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 28, 2013
Henry120:

Patriot please, I am begging you. I no wan make laugh come tear my belle this night oh gringringringrin na you I go hold.

Nothing iterates me more then sarcasm.

This thread has once again been derailed by new comers posting nonsense without a single verifiable source.

I think by the end of this weekend there will only be one SA comrade left on this topicangry
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:10am On Mar 28, 2013
agaugust:

Mr source seeker, please quote source to prove your story that Nigerian soldiers ran away from Sudan rebels. I have my own story of Nigerian soldiers bravery in Sudan combat with source to prove it. I will post with laptop, I am using my Nokia phone since this morning to post comments

Don't read posts. It was mentiond before and has now been just been mention again few posts up.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Go read the report from NA's GOC on how Nigerian soldiers were overpowered in Darfur and left there equipment behind before you talk nonsense. Do you even know the distance between SA and CAR, now compare that to Nigeria in that's less then 1500km from Mali, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

Get your facts in order before you weigh apples and Stones
I went to page 99 which is equal to 129-30 yet I still can't find your source.
And please can you provide a link for your new claim ?
Note: I have heard of Nigeria taking casualty in Darfur (one time we had 7 dead), but I have never heard of Nigerian soldiers running away. And I know Nigeria has been cut off guards before, but still never have our soldiers ran away, never have we used propaganda to turn blattant defeat to Spartan victory. We learn from our mistakes and outline them, and even say them loud in order to force our government to release funds for the armed forces.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:11am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3: Who is the fourth best in global peace keeping and peace enforcing ?
Is it SA ? No!
Is it .... Nigeria ? Yes !

Take a look at what real generals look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZcX422xbQQ

According to who. And peae keeping is not the primary role of the Deffense force.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

According to who. And peae keeping is not the primary role of the Deffense force.
Try peace enforcing.
Peace enforcing is war !
According to who: According to UN.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.