Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:55 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4468797 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:53am On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3: Now South Africans, just take it like men.
By the way, you were too naif to think that France would put its men on the line of fire to save your soldiers.
France might have done it if most of your soldiers were white, if not then just forget.
I live in Paris, I love France, I have their nationality, but I know that if I were to be in a war zone and french soldiers passed by, they would rescue the white russian next to me and live me there to rot.
i do hear this all the time but how true is it that the white man would save his fellow white ahead of anyone else.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza: http://m.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/south-african-critics-question-government-over-13-soldiers-killed-in-central-african-republic/2013/03/27/fd0fdc2a-96d0-11e2-a976-7eb906f9ed9b_story.html

Western media all reports that hundreds of rebels where killed.
No they didn't say that, they said: "The force of about 200 soldiers fought a much larger group of well-armed rebels in the capital, Bangui, before a truce was reached."
"Some accounts suggest rebel losses were far higher, running into the hundreds."
So nobody says you fought 3000 and nobody actually confirms you killed hundreds. They are just quoting your own soldiers who are by the way giving conflicting reports:
"The Citizen, a South African newspaper, quoted two unidentified South African soldiers wounded in the battle as saying the South African force had been spread around Bangui, protecting Bozize and guarding buildings. They also said they were caught in cross-fire between loyalist troops and rebels."
By the way it seems to me that the entire rebel force is about 1000 strong, and I think it would be foolish to say that the entire rebel force focussed on one location.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Shame you hating on Denel nowtongue don't blame SA that you don't have any defense company close to Denel and please tell your guys to send those Mi-24's to SA they will need Denel to service and repair them and even have some Proudly SA made systems on them.tongue

You this is something we would never do. The nigerian military send helicopters to SA so they service them, no way it can never happen. Besides their is a partnership between the nigerian airforce and a belerusian company for in-house servicing, maintenance and up grade of all our MI(35p, 24v, 17) helicopters.

So better luck next time. South africa is already 6years too late.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

No but the only one in africa. The aricaly was posted twice. All russian hellicopters will now use denel to servise and upgrade them. Has in all of africa including nigeria.

That is not true, we do not even send our MI's to russia for servicing or up grades. All the servicing is done right here in nigeria. Like I said before, you guys are 6years too late.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

So what's wrongs with a general saying that, would you visit another military in a official capacity and tell there generals and media they have a useless Airforce.

Now please just grow up, because both SA and Nigeria needs to cooperate to make africa a safer place, everyone knows that.

Your on your usual childish acts again

Yep, I agree with you. SA and Nigeria need each other. You are correct.

The Brits also needs the americans, however it doesn't stop citizens of both countries going into bashing sessions, sizing up shoes to know who is actually better.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

800 NA soldiers against 1000 rebels and so many deaths, how sweet yet they breached your base took computers food guns and left after there loot. Now you run to the Hague court to seek justice for your stup*d imbeciles deaths hahahahahtongue

Typical Aso rock fools
You got it completely wrong:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/30/AR2007093000390.html
This article suggest the camp had much less soldiers and much less Equipment than the rebels.
But as you will notice, even if they sustained casualties and were overran to a certain extent, they didn't bring out the white flag, they even lacked ammo. Yet they stood as much as they could. And at the end, an allied force chased the rebels away.
This failure was due to the lack of intelligence data, and the generals responsible have all been fired, it happened in 2007, and the army learnt its lesson. The NA of today would never repeat that mistake. On the other hand the SELEKA defeat to South Africa happened just like a week ago.
So I think SANDF is much less battle ready than NA
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

800 NA soldiers against 1000 rebels and so many deaths, how sweet yet they breached your base took computers food guns and left after there loot. Now you run to the Hague court to seek justice for your stup*d imbeciles deaths hahahahahtongue

Typical Aso rock fools

Now you are twisting facts. This is the same way ragtag farmers in CAR murdered (13 south african soldiers) who I must add were poorly equipped for the mission.

800 NA soldiers would take over pretoria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 28, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Lol, yes thats how a " harmy" look like not army.

You insignificant contribution has been noted. You can now go back to the romance section.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:44am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
No they didn't say that, they said: "The force of about 200 soldiers fought a much larger group of well-armed rebels in the capital, Bangui, before a truce was reached."
"Some accounts suggest rebel losses were far higher, running into the hundreds."
So nobody says you fought 3000 and nobody actually confirms you killed hundreds. They are just quoting your own soldiers who are by the way giving conflicting reports:
"The Citizen, a South African newspaper, quoted two unidentified South African soldiers wounded in the battle as saying the South African force had been spread around Bangui, protecting Bozize and guarding buildings. They also said they were caught in cross-fire between loyalist troops and rebels."
By the way it seems to me that the entire rebel force is about 1000 strong, and I think it would be foolish to say that the entire rebel force focussed on one location.

Current force of rebel is around 5000. Though it's core is 2000 with 3000 comming from some where. Though most put the force that attacked the capital at 3000

We where all over the city and the only force fighting. So if 3000 attacked the city we foght 3000. Though I never siad 3000 I siad between 3000 and 1000.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:47am On Mar 28, 2013
Henry120:

That is not true, we do not even send our MI's to russia for servicing or up grades. All the servicing is done right here in nigeria. Like I said before, you guys are 6years too late.

Did you read the report. It mentioned all the countries that where intristed in useing the facilty. Nigeria was in that list.

We not talking maintaince we talking full servise and upgrades. Show me where nigeria has that abliety.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:51am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
You got it completely wrong:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/30/AR2007093000390.html
This article suggest the camp had much less soldiers and much less Equipment than the rebels.
But as you will notice, even if they sustained casualties and were overran to a certain extent, they didn't bring out the white flag, they even lacked ammo. Yet they stood as much as they could. And at the end, an allied force chased the rebels away.
This failure was due to the lack of intelligence data, and the generals responsible have all been fired, it happened in 2007, and the army learnt its lesson. The NA of today would never repeat that mistake. On the other hand the SELEKA defeat to South Africa happened just like a week ago.
So I think SANDF is much less battle ready than NA

You still have not shown proof SA was deadted and every link I have posted has shown that SA fought Seleka till the rebels raised a white flag and asked for a cease fire. Untill you can proof it stop you foolish talk.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:53am On Mar 28, 2013
Henry120:

Now you are twisting facts. This is the same way ragtag farmers in CAR murdered (13 south african soldiers) who I must add were poorly equipped for the mission.

800 NA soldiers would take over pretoria.

Have you actually seen seleka soldiers. They no farmers.

Pretoria Metro poliece could take them on.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:05am On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza. SAs contribution to UN/AU mission or any mission under the auspices of any org, cannot be compared to Naijas contribution in any way. We have been participating in missions in africa for over 50 years now. But you, you are just coming in.so you couldnt have contributed more than us.

We also have spent 10bn dollar on africa from 60s to 2010. Go and match that then you can come and rub shoulder with us. But for now, you can have a seat.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Karateka(m): 11:11am On Mar 28, 2013
I honour SA's commitment to bringing peace to this continent. We're are against any hostile take over of governments by rebels, our next mission after CAR is destroying boko haram in Nigeria
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 28, 2013
Karateka: I honour SA's commitment to bringing peace to this continent. We're are against any hostile take over of governments by rebels, our next mission after CAR is destroying boko haram in Nigeria
I want that thing you've been smoking cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

you're smoking kush dude
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

So a you are claiming nowe that a soviet trained state is inexperienced boys. So all those Mig-21's airforce pilots didn't undergo any flight school training.

DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR ON A GRANT SCALE, you're truly foolish

South African bush war was Cuba's first war in their history they had zero combat experience, south Africa had a much longer established standard military superior to Cuba, yet you couldn't beat Cuba, you played goaless draw.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR: Shame you hating on Denel now don't blame SA that you don't have any defense company close to Denel and please tell your guys to send those Mi-24's to SA they will need Denel to service and repair them and even have some Proudly SA made systems on them.
firstly somewhere on one of the pages, you said glo don't have 4g LTE, someone gave you a source, now you're saying nigeria doesn't have a defense company with all due respect you're a dimwit that needs exposure.. you had better stop posting false claims...do you think you'd have denel if the boers hadn't f*cked y'all blacks in the asss in the first place..
meanwhile you can suck on this http://www.dicon.gov.ng/ .... nobody should respond to this b*tch anymore
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

SAPS could handel them.
a lot of SAPS PERSONNEL CAN'T EVEN HANDLE A SHOTGUN.. why would you fill them with b/*tches with fat asses
these are real b*ches in police force with sharp shooters

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2013
sheyie2007:
I want that thing you've been smoking cheesy

I swear, I also want that thing he is smoking. It seems to be very strong.

These south africans are just sprouting everywhere on this thread.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2013
souldust: andrewza. SAs contribution to UN/AU mission or any mission under the auspices of any org, cannot be compared to Naijas contribution in any way. We have been participating in missions in africa for over 50 years now. But you, you are just coming in.so you couldnt have contributed more than us.

We also have spent 10bn dollar on africa from 60s to 2010. Go and match that then you can come and rub shoulder with us. But for now, you can have a seat.

You do know we where in a total war from 1970s till 1990.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2013
agaugust:

South African bush war was Cuba's first war in their history they had zero combat experience, south Africa had a much longer established standard military superior to Cuba, yet you couldn't beat Cuba, you played goaless draw.

Name one battel where they beat us. Just one. We slaughterd those reds every time they came out to play.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2013
scipher:
a lot of SAPS PERSONNEL CAN'T EVEN HANDLE A SHOTGUN.. why would you fill them with b/*tches with fat asses
these are real b*ches in police force with sharp shooters

Yes and ever poliec force need people to work at police stastions doing office work.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
scipher:
you're smoking kush dude

What kush.

And why do you say I am wrong.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 28, 2013
Do you people even sleep?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
Henry120:

I swear, I also want that thing he is smoking. It seems to be very strong.

These south africans are just sprouting everywhere on this thread.
It's the lazy SA blacks.. all they do is extol military legacies they had no hand in. Smoke weed and r@pe kids... b/tch niggas angry
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

Yes and ever poliec force need people to work at police stastions doing office work.
what language is this?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

You still have not shown proof SA was deadted and every link I have posted has shown that SA fought Seleka till the rebels raised a white flag and asked for a cease fire. Untill you can proof it stop you foolish talk.
That my friend is an other lie, non of the links you showed suggested that the rebels demanded a ceasefire, the only people who needed a ceasefire were the S.A soldiers, because they were overwelmed and they had rapidly lost 41 fighting men out of 250 (or 450). The rebels on the other hand had absolutly no reason to ask for a cease fire.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
Karateka: I honour SA's commitment to bringing peace to this continent. We're are against any hostile take over of governments by rebels, our next mission after CAR is destroying boko haram in Nigeria
now believe me bro, i dnt knw were you just arived from, bt this is the best Joke i have heard in decades! Even the world best trained soldiers "the uk SAS" couldnt take out a group of them in the north after a failed attempted rescue of british hostage, is it then SA that will? Hahahaha! As much as the SAS did not succeed our JTF troops ambused and took out the islamist after the tried to overun a checkpoint! Hahahaha! SA? I would really like to see what weapon you would be using against human bombs and car borne IEDs?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

As I have told you before stop being overconfident, if your special forces could not then tell me how your police could rise up to the task. Your police and soldiers are only good in this situation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCk9Yo0c6AU

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.