Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,295 members, 7,864,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:11 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4467915 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3: Ok I have just checked with Google and I can't find anything abouth those 50 rebels chasing off Nigerian trops,
can you provide source or link please.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/91243/1/62-soldiers-repatriated-from-sudan-goc.hmtl
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:18am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
Try peace enforcing.
Peace enforcing is war !
According to who: According to UN.

Post that link then.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 28, 2013
Now South Africans, just take it like men.
By the way, you were too naif to think that France would put its men on the line of fire to save your soldiers.
France might have done it if most of your soldiers were white, if not then just forget.
I live in Paris, I love France, I have their nationality, but I know that if I were to be in a war zone and french soldiers passed by, they would rescue the white russian next to me and live me there to rot.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

Post that link then.
Link provided: http://www.onlineresearchjournals.com/ijopagg/art/91.pdf
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:23am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3: Now South Africans, just take it like men.
By the way, you were too naif to think that France would put its men on the line of fire to save your soldiers.
France might have done it if most of your soldiers were white, if not then just forget.
I live in Paris, I love France, I have their nationality, but I know that if I were to be in a war zone and french soldiers passed by, they would rescue the white russian next to me and live me there to rot.

We only came to the french after the battel for medical asstaince. They never hellped us during the fight. Not once. You have post non stop dribbel and rubish.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
I went to page 99 which is equal to 129-30 yet I still can't find your source.
And please can you provide a link for your new claim ?
Note: I have heard of Nigeria taking casualty in Darfur (one time we had 7 dead), but I have never heard of Nigerian soldiers running away. And I know Nigeria has been cut off guards before, but still never have our soldiers ran away, never have we used propaganda to turn blattant defeat to Spartan victory. We learn from our mistakes and outline them, and even say them loud in order to force our government to release funds for the armed forces.

Your the news junkee yet you come across as a uninformed and a liar

Now I want your source that SA soldiers ran away and raised a white flag.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/91243/1/62-soldiers-repatriated-from-sudan-goc.hmtl
Here is the content of your link:

Sorry, we can't find the content you're looking for at this URL. Please navigate from the navigation menu on top or try searching below..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:

Now is a PDF your source
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

We only came to the french after the battel for medical asstaince. They never hellped us during the fight. Not once. You have post non stop dribbel and rubish.
If you read my comment then you would understand I was implying that they didn't help you, although I was also implying that you were begging them for help.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Now is a PDF your source
Sorry, rather than floppy journalism I read university studies.
You should try it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:28am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:

4th in terms of numbers. But here comes a littel south african on a horse to kick you of your donkey.

In terms of % of men SA sends far more on peace keeping. So who has more experiance.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:30am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
If you read my comment then you would understand I was implying that they didn't help you, although I was also implying that you were begging them for help.

When did we beg them for help. Please show me the proof.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

4th in terms of numbers. But here comes a littel south african on a horse to kick you of your donkey.

In terms of % of men SA sends far more on peace keeping. So who has more experiance.
You are joking, right ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:31am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Your the news junkee yet you come across as a uninformed and a liar

Now I want your source that SA soldiers ran away and raised a white flag.

He can't provide one because there is no such source.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:32am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
You are joking, right ?

Do the mathes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

When did we beg them for help. Please show me the proof.
Good night man, sans rancune ! ( no hurt feelings !)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
Try peace enforcing.
Peace enforcing is war !
According to who: According to UN.

Is this a joke. Like I said don't comment on stuff you know 000000 about.

Have you ever read the mandate of the largest UN mission in DRC called MONUC. Do you even know about the UN's strick rules of engagement which has come under fire in latest UN Security Councel reports on DRC and M23 rebels, where there's now advanced talks of a separate multinational force which SADC will lead in the Kivu province to directly attack any rebel grouping even Uganda and Rwundan troops if they cross the DRC borders.

There's a lot you need to read o MR NEWS JUNKEEtongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:37am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
Good night man, sans rancune ! ( no hurt feelings !)

So after providing no proof or source you now descide to leave.

You have done nothing but waist time. I may not even get to enjoy my laugh.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mallamaliyu: 12:40am On Mar 28, 2013
ElRazur:

How can they be good when they are poorly equipped?   Their role relies on heavy weaponry and if they are poorly equipped, how will they be good? Say an Artillery support group lacks a Bleep millimetre cannon gun that is vital for their training and what not, how will they be good when they are suppose to do the real thing - war?

if nigeria bring all his people with military experience back from all over the world, nigeria will be a deadly force in africa. i remember serving with over 200 nigerians in united state marine corp. and many more in other branches. these are highly trained nigerians making high level decisions . nigerian even in south korean army. many in british forces. so i hope no civil war ever happen in nigeria cus many will die
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Is this a joke. Like I said don't comment on stuff you know 000000 about.

Have you ever read the mandate of the largest UN mission in DRC called MONUC. Do you even know about the UN's strick rules of engagement which has come under fire in latest UN Security Councel reports on DRC and M23 rebels, where there's now advanced talks of a separate multinational force which SADC will lead in the Kivu province to directly attack any rebel grouping even Uganda and Rwundan troops if they cross the DRC borders.

There's a lot you need to read o MR NEWS JUNKEEtongue
I was merely highlighting that there were two different types of peace missions:
1) peace keeping
2) peace enforcement.

Peace enforcement is war, while peace keeping is not, but it might turn into peace inforcement incace the situation on the ground make it necessary and the UN gives authorization. What SA tried looks like peace enforcement (although it had nothing to do with UN), and you failed.Sorry try again later.
And consigning the links, I have homeworks to do right now, I promise I will provide them, just not now. I definately saw some links, but it will take me time to find them again. And I am also hoping some journalists will soon go on the ground to interrogate the rebels so that we can have a full account of what really happened.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3: Here is the content of your link:

Sorry, we can't find the content you're looking for at this URL. Please navigate from the navigation menu on top or try searching below..

Now I don't now why ir doesn't work I just checked and it works when u google it first

Just google Repatriation of Nigerian Soldiers in Darfur by GOC, find it
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
Sorry, rather than floppy journalism I read university studies.
You should try it.

Now please don't try and change the subject and talk to me about floppy journalism, so tell me what THESIS were written about Saturdays eventsgrin.

Please don't take me for a uneducated fool I've been long enough on this earth to know when someone's trying to divert a subject matter.

Just give us the article/blog/cnn/bbc/vanguard/bloomberg/NYTimes/News24/Aljazeera/EWN links to your claims pleaseangry
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Now I don't now why ir doesn't work I just checked and it works when u google it first

Yeah I just read it, it says what you were saying.
But here I have an other article: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/5310-62_nigerian_soldiers_repatriated_from_sudan.html,
It seems they were disarmed because they lacked discipline, it that case I think they weren't disarmed by the rebels, rather by the Nigerian military police or other UN related forces there.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
I would like to remind you Nigeria is leading the entire african force. And when the french go away Nigeria will replace them.
Now Nigeria is building up the best logistics possible in order to prepare for the departure of the french, the Nigérians are gathering intelligence and building local support for the mission. This is something SA should have done instead of running into redicule.

Now don't worry next time we'll call on Africas deadliest force the fearless BOKO GOATgrin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Now please don't try and change the subject and talk to me about floppy journalism, so tell me what THESIS were written about Saturdays eventsgrin.

Please don't take me for a uneducated fool I've been long enough on this earth to know when someone's trying to divert a subject matter.

Just give us the article/blog/cnn/bbc/vanguard/bloomberg/NYTimes/News24/Aljazeera/EWN links to your claims pleaseangry
An other news outfit saying once again that they were deported due to acts of indiscipline:
www.ipaidabribenaija.com/news/item/3890-62-nigerian-soldiers-sent-home-from-sudan-for-indiscipline.">http://7a.m.www.ipaidabribenaija.com/news/item/3890-62-nigerian-soldiers-sent-home-from-sudan-for-indiscipline.
There are many more saying exactly this, it seems that the link you posted was from ill informed journalists.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Now don't worry next time we'll call on Africas deadliest force the fearless BOKO GOATgrin
Frankly I think boko haram who I despise by the very essence of my being would stand a chance against those SA special forces who were defeated by SELAKA. Keep watching boko haram being flushed out by real soldiers. NA for life!
(Ok, I really have to go now)
Remember NA has been there and has done that: proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn84Wy5SOlw
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

So as I have proved the report comes from ill informed journlists, and still I can't find anything in this article about running Nigerian soldiers à la SANDF/ Usain Bolt.
Now I must go, good night.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 28, 2013
andrewza:

Then why is chad doing more than nigeria? Nigeria has yet to do any ground combat in Mali and when they do it will just be another peace keeping mission.
One last one: first of I commend Chad army. I think they are doing all they can in order to join ECOWAS.
They wanted to act as saviours of an ECOWAS Nation and they wanted to fight on the same level with the french.
They fought better than the french and even killed two notorious terrorists. But their mistake was that they didn't realize France was using them as human shield. Now they have realized that (if you can read french then you will find this out wth Google) and they decided to join the Nigerian led force. Chad has sustained so much casualties, so joining the french was a mistake in strategy.
As I said, war is a brain storm, think before you act. Nigeria knew that France only intends to use the African forces as human shields, moreover there can't be two captains on the ship, so we decided that we would let the french use their ressources on the terrorist, and we are using the time to gather intelligence and build logistics, because we must act as captain, not as human shield.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:25am On Mar 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

south africans are now the kings of posts/comments with sources weblinks that cannot be opened, is this the new invention from denel manufacturing ? grin lol

south africans have few proof of their claims nowadays. i discovered that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:27am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
So as I have proved the report comes from ill informed journlists, and still I can't find anything in this article about running Nigerian soldiers à la SANDF/ Usain Bolt.
Now I must go, good night.

you N.ailed them to the wall like a piece of wood. lol grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:33am On Mar 28, 2013
patriot3:
Yeah I just read it, it says what you were saying.
But here I have an other article: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/5310-62_nigerian_soldiers_repatriated_from_sudan.html,
It seems they were disarmed because they lacked discipline, it that case I think they weren't disarmed by the rebels, rather by the Nigerian military police or other UN related forces there.

that is the real truth, but the south africans are desperate now so they twisted the true story to spoil nigeria's good image. the south africans are desperate now on this topic/thread, its injury time, 2 goals down and bafana bafana is getting more confused, niegria close to the box 18 yards away from goal....mikel obi to victor moses...and its goal !!!!! jacob zuma collapses in the VIP box....his four wives rush to the rescue....

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:34am On Mar 28, 2013
mallamaliyu:

if nigeria bring all his people with military experience back from all over the world, nigeria will be a deadly force in africa. i remember serving with over 200 nigerians in united state marine corp. and many more in other branches. these are highly trained nigerians making high level decisions . nigerian even in south korean army. many in british forces. so i hope no civil war ever happen in nigeria cus many will die

we are happy to have you on this thread sir, please follow up and contribute to thsi topic, south african military vs nigerian military in war, who will win? thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.