Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4430749 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
DieVluit:

What's new? Nigerian soldiers doing what they do best.
ah dievluit my love,i see that you've recovered,i promise to take it easy on you next time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 12:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
Msauza:

Everything is about secrecy even where is unneccessary. This is garbage!!!!

Hahaha, don't tell me you believe him. If it's so secret, how come he always has the scoop up to a point when he can't answer any questions?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
Algerian Navy about to receive first Super Lynx 300s

The Algerian Navy will soon take delivery of the first of six Super Lynx 300 helicopter following the conclusion of armed flight trials of the first aircraft by AgustaWestland at the company factory in Somerset, United Kingdom.

According to Flight International, an Algerian Navy Super Lynx was pictured in flight trials while carrying a full load of eight Mokopa air-to-surface missiles made by South African arms manufacturer Denel Dynamics. According to United Nations data, Algeria last year received eight air-to-surface missiles/launchers from South Africa, which presumably were Mokopas.

The recently spotted Super Lynx is the first of the six ordered by Algeria in 2012 to conclude fully-armed flight...

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 1:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
Although there has been no official comment on the test-flights from AgustaWestland, it is believed that the Super Lynx 300s will be delivered to Algeria before the end of this year to be deployed in support of the Navy’s two new Meko A200 class frigates, which were ordered in March 2012.

In addition to supplying Mokopas, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) noted that in 2012 Algeria selected Denel Dynamics’ Umkhonto-IR surface-to-air missile for its frigates, which also arm the South African Navy’s Meko vessels.

The Super Lynx 300 is powered by twin LHTEC CT800-4N engines and can cruise at a speed of 224 km/hour. It can accommodate up to 3 crew members and a maximum of 7 passengers.

The aircraft is also fitted with 360° multi-mode surveillance radar, Electronic Support Measures System, data link, dipping sonar and a defensive aids suite. The Super Lynx 300 is also equipped with folding main rotor blades and a folding tail to facilitate storage as well as a deck securing system, emergency flotation system, waterproofed cabin and rescue hoist.

The Algerian Navy is already operating four Super Lynx 130s, which were delivered between September 2010 and January 2012. It also flies six recently delivered AW101 search and rescue helicopters.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
EVarn:
ah dievluit my love,i see that you've recovered,i promise to take it easy on you next time.

Do you even concur with what he suggests about Nigerian soldiers doing what they do best? Bwahahahaha!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
Starstreak now part of Army inventory

SA Army Chief, Lieutenant General Vusi Masondo, yesterday officially took the Starstreak ground-based air defence missile system into the landward forces inventory.

The handover took place at 10 Anti-Aircraft Regiment headquarters at Diskobolos, Kimberley as is part of the Army’s drive to rejuvenate its hardware, alluded to by Masondo last month when he met the media.

The system, according to an Army statement, comes in two configurations: a multiple launcher unit and a shoulder-launched unit. This is a very short range air defence (VSHORAD) system that will be utilised by the Air Defence Artillery Formation as a fire unit to defend critical installations....

The system came to South Africa early in 2004. I[b]t then underwent extensive modification and enhancement at Denel Land Systems to adapt it to African conditions and the specification requirements of the Air Defence Artillery Formation to the point where it is now ready to be taken into service with a six kilometre range.

The testing phase saw both the multiple launcher and shoulder-launched unit trialled at AFB Zwartkop and Denel’s Overberg Test Range as well as the Air Defence Artillery range at Riemvasmaak in Northern Cape.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
Msauza:

Do you even concur with what he suggests about Nigerian soldiers doing what they do best? Bwahahahaha!!!

They do what they do grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
Msauza:

I_diot boy,when the americans ran out of vietnam,was that what they did best?,the allied forces and the arab nations have been bombing ISIS/ISIL since months ago,yet they still call the US's bluff,how long did it take the US to terminate osama bin laden?,that was just one man,and how many times was he announced dead only to unleash more terror and mock the US and that crazy george bush.even today,al queada still stands strong.the NA hasnt fought terrorist before,in due time,boko haram will be defeated.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
I see aguuby trying to pedel more lies of NAF new fighters.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
EVarn:
I_diot boy,when the americans ran out of vietnam,was that what they did best?,the allied forces and the arab nations have been bombing ISIS/ISIL since months ago,yet they still call the US's bluff.the NA hasnt fought terrorist before,in due time,boko haram will be defeated.

Yes, in due time, that's if it comes.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
EVarn:
jesus christ!,msauza you are a cow!,i said the estimated defence budget for years 2012-2014 amounted to $17billion,i didnt say we spent that amount at once!,what lies dont you tell?,and even if we spent $17billion at once we wouldnt go hungry{contrary to your unresearched post},in 2012 $20billion took flight from the excess crude revenue account,and nobody even so much as twitched in discomfort.

This is just a garbage. Nigeria's total revenues cannot even exceed $40billion. So, where will they get a whooping $17billion to feed their military if they do not venture into the risk of being bankrupt?

Your total revenues is just $23.48 billion.

http://www.geographic.org/world_fact_book_2013/nigeria/nigeria_economy.html

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
EVarn:
another round of non_sense coming from a half-backed school drop-out.who's talking about exporting the JF-17?,i'm simply talking about manufacturing them for our own use,we can later then use the skills and tech in making our own models and then through international partnership,proceed to begin exporting our own jets.fool,we dont have skills and infrastructure?,goes to show what you know.we cant afford hundreds of them?,250 JF-17=$5billion,so in your mind we cant afford $5billion?,when we are building agro-plantations of over $7billion?,seriously,try making sense.

First, for it to be economically pheasible to build them at home, you will have to buy hundreds.

Second, you couldn't even afford (realativly cheap) 40 helicopters, and now you are talking about 100's of fighters?

Third, Lack ofSkills and Infastructure is apparent, you boys dont even have enough hangers, let alone a factory and the people to full one up.

Fourth, 5 Billion = 21% of your governments income (of only $23.85 billion). Now factor in wet and dry costs and buying them and operating them would ammount to a significant part of Nigerian Government revenue spent on a sub-par fighter.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
EVarn:
I_diot boy,when the americans ran out of vietnam,was that what they did best?,the allied forces and the arab nations have been bombing ISIS/ISIL since months ago,yet they still call the US's bluff,how long did it take the US to terminate osama bin laden?,that was just one man,and how many times was he announced dead only to unleash more terror and mock the US and that crazy george bush.even today,al queada still stands strong.the NA hasnt fought terrorist before,in due time,boko haram will be defeated.

Gibberish.

Also, the US Military won in veitnam. It was the South Veitnamese government that lost the war.

"decisive victory in every conceivable means"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hqYGHZCJwk

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
Msauza:

Yes, in due time, that's if it comes.
ignorant rat-eater,even if boko haram become as strong as ISIS,i doubt that they can conquer nigeria,its to big and diverse to conquer.in a time of war,even if you were to be weaker than your adversary{which we are absolutely not},you will be forced to improvise,develope and remodel yourself in order to match your for and gain absolute victory.just like what is happening to ISIS and now,the US is unleashing too much force on them,and sooner or later they will be force through sheer desperation to improvise,to rebuild themselves and replenish their arsenal in order to counter the US strength for strength,if things continue that way,nothing short of a nuclear bombardment will be capable of defeating them,and that will only stir more adversaries against the US.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
EVarn:
ignorant rat-eater,even if boko haram become as strong as ISIS,i doubt that they can conquer nigeria,its to big and diverse to conquer.in a time of war,even if you were to be weaker than your adversary{which we are absolutely not},you will be forced to improvise,develope and remodel yourself in order to match your for and gain absolute victory.just like what is happening to ISIS and now,the US is unleashing too much force on them,and sooner or later they will be force through sheer desperation to improvise,to rebuild themselves and replenish their arsenal in order to counter the US strength for strength,if things continue that way,nothing short of a nuclear bombardment will be capable of defeating them,and that will only stir more adversaries against the US.

You are underestimating Boko Haram.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
Msauza:

You are underestimating Boko Haram.
nope,i dont think i am underestimating them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Msauza:
NIGERIAN MILITARY DETAINS FIVE COMMANDERS FOR FLEEING IN A WAR ZONE.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/11/03/nigerian-army-detains-5-military-commanders-for-fleeing-mubi-after-boko-haram-attack/

Use a real picture of the cowards, my man.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
ThaVluit:
Algerian Navy about to receive first Super Lynx 300s

The Algerian Navy will soon take delivery of the first of six Super Lynx 300 helicopter following the conclusion of armed flight trials of the first aircraft by AgustaWestland at the company factory in Somerset, United Kingdom.

According to Flight International, an Algerian Navy Super Lynx was pictured in flight trials while carrying a full load of eight Mokopa air-to-surface missiles made by South African arms manufacturer Denel Dynamics. According to United Nations data, Algeria last year received eight air-to-surface missiles/launchers from South Africa, which presumably were Mokopas.

The recently spotted Super Lynx is the first of the six ordered by Algeria in 2012 to conclude fully-armed flight...

1. Mokopa missile 2. Ingwe missile 3. Umkhonto missile.

The Algerians are good to us cool cool cool cool cool

They were the among the first countries, if not the first to militarily train South Africans including Nelson Mandela.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
the NAF has carried out an air bombardment against boko haram that has destroyed 100 vehicles of the motorized infantry column of boko haram.this is the latest of many successful series of air strike that has targeted key areas,hideouts and ware-houses of the dreaded islamic order of boko haram. http://ad76.com/2014/11/02/nigerian-air-force-destroys-100-vehicle-boko-haram-motorized-infantry-column-between-dikwa-gambaru-borno/
victory to nigeria!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
EVarn:
the NAF has carried out an air bombardment against boko haram that has destroyed 100 vehicles of the motorized infantry column of boko haram.this is the latest of many successful series of air strike that has targeted key areas,hideouts and ware-houses of the dreaded islamic order of boko haram. http://ad76.com/2014/11/02/nigerian-air-force-destroys-100-vehicle-boko-haram-motorized-infantry-column-between-dikwa-gambaru-borno/
victory to nigeria!!!!
So BH now has motorised infantry? cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
MikeCZAR:

He should deny it and say the media is lying about that; and that it's not lying about the positive news though.

Wait...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
MikeCZAR:
didnt you read the link?,then answer your own rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
ThaVluit:

He should deny it and say the media is lying about that; and that it's not lying about the positive news though.
Wait...
what has the media got to do with anything?,so what do boko boys use in striking rapidly?,what do they use for rapid transportation?,bamboo bicycles?,magic carpets?.hmm....so the boko boys who are capable of striking up to three points at once apparently do it with harry potter's magic broom stick.that makes so much more sense than saying that they have motorized infantry columns,dosent it?,well it isnt my fault that you are dumb!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 8:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
EVarn:
what has the media got to do with anything?,so what do boko boys use in striking rapidly?,what do they use for rapid transportation?,bamboo bicycles?,magic carpets?.hmm....so the boko boys who are capable of striking up to three points at once apparently do it with harry potter's magic broom stick.that makes so much more sense than saying that they have motorized infantry columns,dosent it?,well it isnt my fault that you are dumb!

Thanks for confirming that BH grew from Koran-thumping clowns, to a ragtag army; and to a motorised infrantry in front of your military's eyes. Very hopeless, your boys are. Well done!

Let's not forget...and to a territory-holding group.

Well done!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
MikeCZAR:

I think your comment flew over "someone's" head. Look at the responses. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
Rest in peace to the dead, but now suicide bombings are a place Nigeria doesn't want to go to.

http://www.erietvnews.com/story/27258066/21-die-in-suicide-blast-at-shiite-ceremony-nigeria-military-attack-cleric-says

21 Die in suicide blast at Shiite ceremony, Nigeria military attack, cleric says
Posted: Nov 03, 2014 9:00 PM SAST Updated: Nov 03, 2014 9:01 PM SAST
By Aminu Abubakar CNN

KANO, Nigeria (CNN) -- At least 15 people were killed Monday in a suicide attack on a Shiite religious ceremony in the northeast Nigerian town of Potiskum and six others in a shooting by soldiers, a Shiite cleric and a paramedic said.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
ThaVluit:

Thanks for confirming that BH grew from Koran-thumping clowns, to a ragtag army; and to a motorised infrantry in front of your military's eyes. Very hopeless, your boys are. Well done!
Let's not forget...and to a territory-holding group.
Well done!
my love,what are you saying?,do you want to bleed again?,boko haram fighters have become so numerous because they not only recruit from nigeria,but from cameroon,chad and niger,with some malian allies,and tuareg fighters,possessing smuggled arms from libya and sudan through the relatively porous chadian border,they operated as an unknown entity long before they came out in the open,when they came out{or rather,when the NIA smelled a rat} they started crisscrossing border into cameroon,niger,and chad,did you expect the NA to launch an incursion into cameroon to fish them out?,that would be interpreted as an act of unprovoked invasion!,it would have broken UN,AU laws.not forgetting that france is a UN security council state!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
EVarn:
my love,what are you saying?,do you want to bleed again?,boko haram fighters have become so numerous because they not only recruit from nigeria,but from cameroon,chad and niger,with some malian allies,and tuareg fighters,possessing smuggled arms from libya and sudan through the relatively porous chadian border,they operated as an unknown entity long before they came out in the open,when they came out{or rather,when the NIA smelled a rat} they started crisscrossing border into cameroon,niger,and chad,did you expect the NA to launch an incursion into cameroon to fish them out?,that would be interpreted as an act of unprovoked invasion!,it would have broken UN,AU laws.not forgetting that france is a UN security council state!

Dude, you aren't worth my time right now, looking at your content. I know you love attention, but cheers man. Chatting longer than 5 minutes with you is a waste of time - and 5 mins is up.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
ThaVluit:

I think your comment flew over "someone's" head. Look at the responses. grin
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.