Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4440737 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:44am On Jan 28, 2015
overhypedsteve:
careful mate. Don't give our little southie friend and heart attack. Any war in south Africa would be a war pitched between two cowards, so never expect it to be so advanced. There will be no suicide bombers, no use of mines or ieds, there will be No use of AAA technicals, and the conflict will end up quickly in the dialogue table, cus they have no stomach for casualties.

South Africans are violent, courageous, bold and vicious in nature. We fear no death and the blood of Shaka Zulu runs into our veins. That's who we are naturally.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 10:47am On Jan 28, 2015
agaugust:

Means Nigerian military has the most advanced drones in Africa, first country to use missile armed drones in war !

See the military that @THIZA calls rag tag, LOL !

We are one of the most sophisticated military forces in the world today !

You tell a South African mugu that nobody really knows all the weapons Nigeria has, they will still be arguing like fools.

Mumu village candle light South Africans say Nigerian air force has no PGMs or air to surface guided weapons...LOL

definitely. We re the first, and that is a ground breaking development, detractors would have argued to the death if anybody have stated the same, a week ago. But now we have a fallen bird on our hands and detractors are like its a sick bird, for all we know that bird may have assisted in the transition of many sex starved virgin seekers to their eternal rest.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:48am On Jan 28, 2015
Hey Nigerians. You chiness boat is here. No missiels
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 28, 2015
mzilakazi:

[size=20]You have been dubbed!!!!![/size]

[size=18]Here's the evidence as shown below [/size]

What a Pathetic fool you are.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 10:53am On Jan 28, 2015
mzilakazi:

South Africans are violent, courageous, bold and vicious in nature. We fear no death and the blood of Shaka Zulu runs into our veins. That's who we are naturally.
the blood of a deranged maniac. His scotch earth policy ensured that his conquered territories are burnt to the ground women and children, were razed inside their buildings. Is that the blood that flows through your vein?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 28, 2015
andrewza:

It is an OPV. Let's talk about your single (1) frigate in service instead.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 10:56am On Jan 28, 2015
andrewza:
we ve been arresting pirates off the gulf of guinea, we don't blow them to bits. Even if its a patrol vessel it could have been armed with missiles but what role will it serve? or you think we re ready to refrigerate an high cost asset to just sit down and wait for decommissioning. Smaller boat ve being armed with missiles, so when you see us doing what we do, you should know there is a Y for this X

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:59am On Jan 28, 2015
Henry120:

It is an OPV. Let's talk about your single (1) frigate in service instead.

SA has four frigates in service. None of SAN frigate has ever been decommissioned. Three of our frigates are currently undergoing maintenance and that does not translate into assuming that they are not in service. They still have more than 30 years left to serve the SAN.

Meanwhile, Nigeria has no single frigate that is operable.

Weapons and military hardwares are only listed as "not in service" when grounded, decommissioned, or removed, dummy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:03am On Jan 28, 2015
agaugust:

American drones are the best in the world and they crash dozens of times, all drones are prone to crashes, no pilot control.

SANDF does NOT have Seeker drone in service, so you have nothing comparable to Nigeria's armed drones in service

They operated by denel. Denel is run by the government. Thus we have them. The very first oprastional use of Deon in Angola had it being flown by civlians just like the drones in the Kruger park.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:09am On Jan 28, 2015
agaugust:

American drones are the best in the world and they crash dozens of times, all drones are prone to crashes, no pilot control.

SANDF does NOT have Seeker drone in service, so you have nothing comparable to Nigeria's armed drones in service

Don't be too fast, there is no proof yet that Nigeria acquired killer drones, yet you jump into conclusion about one faulty drone that fell into your space.

However if that really belongs to Nigerian military it will make me to laugh in Igbo and downgrade Nigeria as a nation of dummies.

Why do you always have to be dubbed by defence industries?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 28, 2015
mzilakazi:

SA has four frigates in service. None of SAN frigate has ever been decommissioned. Three of our frigates are currently undergoing maintenance and that does not translate into assuming that they are not in service. They still have more than 30 years left to serve the SAN.

Meanwhile, Nigeria has no single frigate that is operable.

Weapons and military hardwares are only listed as "not in service" when grounded, decommissioned, or removed, dummy.

I almost feel sorry for you.

SAN has 4 Frigates, correct. However, SAN can only afford to keep 1 Frigate at sea. In south-Africa, grounded is just the same thing as decommissioned. Look at your A109's, all grounded. They spent more time grounded than in the air.

"Why does South-Africa even bother with a military"?......... it's absolutely no use.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2015
andrewza:

They operated by denel. Denel is run by the government. Thus we have them. The very first oprastional use of Deon in Angola had it being flown by civlians just like the drones in the Kruger park.

No, you do not.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:26am On Jan 28, 2015
overhypedsteve:
there are many drones with similar shapes, you only differentiate with the wpecs and country of origin.
indeed,but we dont have a closer picture of the drone in order to identify its weapon system or country of origin.but nevertheless,it is a welcome development by the nigerian military,i'm just concerned that the use of armed drones is too overkill and destructive;we arent fighting a conventional warfare,we could end up killing thousands of innocent civilians in a few airstrikes,especially given the fact that these terrorists hold young girls and men hostages in their camps.the safer way to decimate these terrorists is to deploy a squadron of fighter jets and attack helos to bombard all selected terrorist facilities in nigeria,weaken them considerably and then send in our infantry units to attack simultaneously from all axis and finish them off.but in the end,it appears that the military has a more suitable strategy in place.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 11:29am On Jan 28, 2015
RM786:

Seeker was used extensively to track rhino movements and try and look for poachers in the Kruger Park, so they are operational. We're not at war so obviously they aren't in service undecided If we need them they'll be fielded and with far more sophisticated avionics, surveillance equipment, targeting systems, weapons, etc than that cool little thing.

The Seeker 400 is fully developed and operational including integration of weapons systems, just in case the user wants to go on the offensive wink , with successful live firing tests using DENEL Mokopa precision guided air to surface missiles (similar to the US Hellfire missile but more modern, more accurate and with longer range) already completed. If you put some A-Darters under the wings good chance it would be able to knock one of those American Predator drones you love out of the sky.

Apologies for correcting you yet again, not only can they be put to work if required but they're designed, developed and produced entirely in house right from the seeker heads of the munitions to the tips of the wings, so be careful not to pull a hamstring as you extract your foot from your mouth. I know it is a burden having to store so much wisdom and knowledge in your head so I completely understand how you may have forgotten that RSA has been building UAV's since the 70's kiss
the drones you used in tracking your rhinos are surveillance drones.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:33am On Jan 28, 2015
Henry120:

SAN has 4 Frigates, correct. However, SAN can only afford to keep 1 Frigate at sea. In south-Africa, grounded is just the same thing as decommissioned. Look at your A109's, all grounded. They spent more time grounded than in the air.

"Why does South-Africa even bother with a military"?......... it's absolutely no use.

Nag!!! it is not about affordability dummy, just like you take some of your cars for service and maintanance, it also relates to the same. Some of the frigates were due for maintenance and there appeared that service providers were the problem. SAN advertised tenders and rather preferred the local service providers to do the refitting over international service providers. That process took some few months to complete.

The same thing, most Nigerian military hardware was either grounded, poorly maintained or inoperable throughout the war against terror. Why would you even have military when you can even hire mercenaries like you did during Biafra war.

Anyway, why do we have to be in a hurry? We are not at war.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:38am On Jan 28, 2015
Henry120:

No, you do not.

It is the stupid responses like this that is why I left.

So what we do not?

Own denel. We do
Build drones we do
Have history of state owened defence industry operating hardware in a operational environment. We do
Operate drones in the Kruger park. We do.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:39am On Jan 28, 2015
mzilakazi:
One thing in short, you can never claim territory using drones especially the faulty ones. You have been dubbed again with drones that come falling from the sky.
Boko will not worry, they will just leave the drones to drop down by themselves and remove all the weapons and use them against your military. You are being warned!!!!
see this sapele crayfish talking trash.how is the drone a faulty one?,nigeria isnt the only country to have crashed a drone in the world,infact,drone crashing is a fairly common occurence in the militaries that actually own them.simply because you dont have any wardrone doesnt mean you should spout propaganda about ours.last year,the US lost 3 armed drones in their airstrikes against ISIS,so what are you blabbing about?
how is it possible for BH to attack our troops with the ruined debris of a crashed drone?,so you think BH has the capacity to reassemble a crashed wardrone?..my friend,i think you are mistaking boko haram for the US army.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:42am On Jan 28, 2015
overhypedsteve:
we ve been arresting pirates off the gulf of guinea, we don't blow them to bits. Even if its a patrol vessel it could have been armed with missiles but what role will it serve? or you think we re ready to refrigerate an high cost asset to just sit down and wait for decommissioning. Smaller boat ve being armed with missiles, so when you see us doing what we do, you should know there is a Y for this X

Hardly the point. When I left here last Nigerians where still claiming it was a frigate that could take on our valour class. The fa t it has no missiles is not a insulting. Our frigates put boat davits on the missile deck. Since missiles are not needed for peace time patrols.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:43am On Jan 28, 2015
EVarn:
indeed,but we dont have a closer picture of the drone in order to identify its weapon system or country of origin.but nevertheless,it is a welcome development by the nigerian military,i'm just concerned that the use of armed drones is too overkill and destructive;we arent fighting a conventional warfare,we could end up killing thousands of innocent civilians in a few airstrikes,especially given the fact that these terrorists hold young girls and men hostages in their camps.the safer way to decimate these terrorists is to deploy a squadron of fighter jets and attack helos to bombard all selected terrorist facilities in nigeria,weaken them considerably and then send in our infantry units to attack simultaneously from all axis and finish them off.but in the end,it appears that the military has a more suitable strategy in place.

Unfortunately, all attempts have been exhausted, yet there are no fruitful results. Your military is just a bunch of cowards, nothing more. The only solution is infantry, but you just do not have the soldiers who can do that dirty job. Most brave armies do not rely on drones and fighter jets, they just close their eyes and go head on.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:48am On Jan 28, 2015
mzilakazi:
Nag!!! it is not about affordability dummy, just like you take some of your cars for service and maintanance, it also relates to the same. Some of the frigates were due for maintenance and there appeared that service providers were the problem. SAN advertised tenders and rather preferred the local service providers to do the refitting over international service providers. That process took some few months to complete.

The same thing, most Nigerian military hardware was either grounded, poorly maintained or inoperable throughout the war against terror. Why would you even have military when you can even hire mercenaries like you did during Biafra war.

Anyway, why do we have to be in a hurry? We are not at war.
"we are not at war"....are you are really that confident of your ability to forsee any form of external aggression?.france made that same statement last year september,when they joined the US Coalition against ISIS,but they are singing a different tune now.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:48am On Jan 28, 2015
Henry120:

We have had 3 frigates at sea in short span of each other. Right now we have 2 that can go to sea with a 3rd in Durban in the final stages of her refit.

A109 are not grounded. There is one doing rescue work in Mozambique.

Why does Nigeria buy new gear. BH only steals it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:50am On Jan 28, 2015
EVarn:
"we are not at war"....are you are really that confident of your ability to forsee any form of external aggression?.france made that same statement last year september,when they joined the US Coalition against ISIS,but they are singing a different tune now.

France was and is at war.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:57am On Jan 28, 2015
mzilakazi:
Unfortunately, all attempts have been exhausted, yet there are no fruitful results. Your military is just a bunch of cowards, nothing more. The only solution is infantry, but you just do not have the soldiers who can do that dirty job. Most brave armies do not rely on drones and fighter jets, they just close their eyes and go head on.
"....they just close their eyes and go head on"...
no wonder you have never really won any conventional warfare.how can a professional military simply "close their eyes and go head on"?,you can never go head on or close your eyes in a COIN warfare,if you close your eyes,then you are dead.if you go head on,then you run the risk of running into a deadly ambush.true,infantry is indeed the key,but airstrikes are needed to weaken terrorist position,disenfrantise them and cast them into disarray.this would aid the infantry in picking them off like soft potatoes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 11:59am On Jan 28, 2015
Thiza:
HELP SOUTH AFRICA.....FORMER RECCES TO NIGERIAN ASSISTANCE
a very welcomed development. I have always called for an African solution to the African problem, we shouldn't always allow the west to do things for us. I still have regrets on the issue of those missing girls cus I know that, that was one issue that sparked inter national outrage, but while other western and eastern countries were busy showing their commitments, both rhetorically and materially, Our brother here in Africa that could have helped us to track their borders and ensure that the girls were not smuggled into their territory they pretended like they didn't know that Nigeria is at war. and when a nation is at war, she needs all the help she can get.
Some f00ls on here would publicly boast that the whole of Africa hate Nigerians and now i ask the persons that have this hate for Nigeria, why do you hate us, what have we done to merit this hate, we ve spent a good part of our short period oif independence ensuring that the whole of Africa is free and peaceful, even with war on our hands we ve our soldiers and police helping to sustain peace in other African countries.
That is who we are, we will never boast of this things cus we know that a help given to a brother will never be forgotten. This is the value that we hold to and this is the reason why even our brothers now boast of the hate they have for us. If the south Africans think they have help to offer, then let them come. Cus aside the e-wars and arguments, I am just an African. I know my imperfections but I also know the strenght that we draw from our unity, I am Nigeria..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
andrewza:

Hardly the point. When I left here last Nigerians where still claiming it was a frigate that could take on our valour class. The fa t it has no missiles is not a insulting. Our frigates put boat davits on the missile deck. Since missiles are not needed for peace time patrols.
so we should immediately change our doctrine because of an online argument?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 12:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
overhypedsteve:
a very welcomed development. I have always called for an African solution to the African problem, we shouldn't always allow the west to do things for us. I still have regrets on the issue of those missing girls cus I know that, that was one issue that sparked inter national outrage, but while other western and eastern countries were busy showing their commitments, both rhetorically and materially, Our brother here in Africa that could have helped us to track their borders and ensure that the girls were not smuggled into their territory they pretended like they didn't know that Nigeria is at war. and when a nation is at war, she needs all the help she can get.
Some f00ls on here would publicly boast that the whole of Africa hate Nigerians and now i ask the persons that have this hate for Nigeria, why do you hate us, what have we done to merit this hate, we ve spent a good part of our short period oif independence ensuring that the whole of Africa is free and peaceful, even with war on our hands we ve our soldiers and police helping to sustain peace in other African countries.
That is who we are, we will never boast of this things cus we know that a help given to a brother will never be forgotten. This is the value that we hold to and this is the reason why even our brothers now boast of the hate they have for us. If the south Africans think they have help to offer, then let them come. Cus aside the e-wars and arguments, I am just an African. I know my imperfections but I also know the strenght that we draw from our unity, I am Nigeria..

LOL, you have no choice but to be humble, right now. This is how a person speaks when they have been humbled. lipsrsealed

With civil war, coups, attempted coups, military rule and insurgency, seems you didn't spend enough time ensuring that you are free...and peaceful.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
DieVluit:

LOL, you have no choice but to be humble, right now. This is how a person speaks when they have been humbled.

With civil war, military rule and insurgency, seems you didn't spend enough time ensuring that you are free.
i will ignore this one. Going into an argument with you is like falling into an abyss, there is just no end to it, you bring up newer issues on the way to frustrate efforts.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
andrewza:
France was and is at war.
but france never thought that it would lose 17 citizens in two days.but interestingly,it isnt only the 17 people killed that is bothering france.it is that the terrorist were able to carry out such a deadly attack,unstopped in paris,the capital of france,in the very heart of a western capital.it was an embarrasment to france,and the whole of the west.till date,no terrorist has dared to hold hostages in abuja or lagos.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
overhypedsteve:
i will ignore this one. Going into an argument with you is like falling into an abyss, there is just no end to it, you bring up newer issues on the way to frustrate efforts.

You aren't ignoring it if you are quoting it. Besides, the internet won't ignore it. You don't have a choice but to accept what is the truth. It's not like you aren't dealing with it by choice.

Suddenly appealing to higher authority LOL. Talking about freeing Africa when you haven't freed yourself.

You don't have a choice bra. You need to be saved and that's that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
overhypedsteve:
truest talk
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 12:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
EVarn:
see this sapele crayfish talking trash.how is the drone a faulty one?,nigeria isnt the only country to have crashed a drone in the world,infact,drone crashing is a fairly common occurence in the militaries that actually own them.simply because you dont have any wardrone doesnt mean you should spout propaganda about ours.last year,the US lost 3 armed drones in their airstrikes against ISIS,so what are you blabbing about?
how is it possible for BH to attack our troops with the ruined debris of a crashed drone?,so you think BH has the capacity to reassemble a crashed wardrone?..my friend,i think you are mistaking boko haram for the US army.

A faulty drone, see where it has landed. Shame!!!

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2015
mzilakazi:
A faulty drone, see where it has landed. Shame!!!
where should it have landed?,on your father's house in johannesburg?.
it crashed probably due to technical issues,strong altitude current,or even flunctuating atmospheric pressure.if the drone was faulty,it wouldnt have flown in the first place.wardrones crash everywhere in the world,we do not have monopoly of crashing drones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.