Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,341 members, 7,839,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4453902 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 17, 2013
all4naija: What is the humble pie for? Please, we are having ours come online in few years from now. So, there is nothing to flaunt here to Nigerians as though we can't have one in a century. Pleaseeeeeeez.

Your Ego is so big that you can't even be humble enough.

You said Nigeria had a bigger defense budged and I proved you were hopelessly foolish.

Now going by what your own Science minister and head of Nigeria's own FG Space Programs Leaders have said, Nigeria will look to send its first man to Space by earliest 2025.

By the way Nigeria, South Africa, Algeria and Kenya have signed a agreement on Space Cooperation that will see each other helping and forming a Single joint future program similar to the EU one.

Please don't ask me for a link because it was given pages ago and I don't have time to embarrass you all over again.tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:53pm On May 17, 2013
Defenceweb:

No my man. You derailed yourself.

grin grin grin

Oh,oh!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Defenceweb: 2:54pm On May 17, 2013
agaugust:

there will be no satellite for you to put on that rocket for the next 5 years if at all the private company is luck to raise money to complete the project.

R232m allocated to ZA-ARMC1 satellite development in 2013

16th May 2013

The Department of Science and Technology (DST) has allocated R232-million in funding for the development of the new ZA-ARMC1 satellite this year, Science and Technology Minister Derek Hanekom has indicated.

http://engineeringnews.co.za/article/r272m-allocated-to-za-armc1-satellite-development-in-2013-2013-05-16
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 17, 2013
agaugust:

sorry but nothing good yet, the rocket needs 5 years to launch and they are still looking for money to fund it. then rocket booaster is useless to space technology if there is no satellite to launch...and there is none in that weblink. so its a south africa brag that may not materilaise untill 5 years and cannot be used as weapon as a regulation signed...i posted that above.
It is a laudable project. This is going to launch test engine that is developed in Africa by Africans without any developed nation assistance, that I found to be very commendable.

If we can provide the funding with some engineers as part of the project, in 5 years time Africa will be boasting of sending their own satellites into space and using the rocket to carry warhead.

It is a good plan for the future, my friend. I would like us to work with SA. That will be good combination. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:55pm On May 17, 2013
You guys worry too much about @All4naija. @All4Naija shouldn't be taken this seriously. Not after everything he's said on this forum.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:57pm On May 17, 2013
all4naija: It is a good plan for the future, my friend. I would like us to work with SA. That will be good combination. cool cool cool

You woke up in a good mood today.

All4Naija, why do you always type in italics? I'm curious.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 17, 2013
snydergp:

Your Ego is so big that you can't even be humble enough.

You said Nigeria had a bigger defense budged and I proved you were hopelessly foolish.

Now going by what your own Science minister and head of Nigeria's own FG Space Programs Leaders have said, Nigeria will look to send its first man to Space by earliest 2025.

By the way Nigeria, South Africa, Algeria and Kenya have signed a agreement on Space Cooperation that will see each other helping and forming a Single joint future program similar to the EU one.

Please don't ask me for a link because it was given pages ago and I don't have time to embarrass you all over again.tongue
The highlighted! I repeat, the highlighted is where I find this your comment to be fallacious. If you cannot prove a link to support your claim. Of what use commenting about something of that nature?

To bring together those three nations, with different cultural backgrounds will be a daunting task. Just think it will not be possible in our life time because none of those nations would want to be ride over by SA. You know South Africans are good as playing the boss and want to be worshiped.

Dream on, my friend! cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

You woke up in a good mood today.

All4Naija, why do you always type in italics? I'm curious.
Yea!

I like your curiosity. I do that to differentiate my comments as though they are quoted. If not, there is nothing special about it and there is no single good reason behind why I do that as to make my comments more relevant or whatever the idea seem to be. Is that clear to you?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:09pm On May 17, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

True-!!! There is only one Blue Water Navy in the whole Sub-Saharan region and that's SAN. Not even any pirate will attempt to come any close.

your south african waters has no valuable mineral wealth to attract sea pirates...only fish you have there.
sea pirates dare and do risk facing american and chinese navy in the horn of africa due to the great shipping of global businesses on waters around the gulf region.

if you have value, thieves will take risk and come steal from you...even if you are armed.

i sank that your blue water south navy to sea bottom during simulation of naval blockade of nigeria waters on page 236. if south african navy dares nigerian territorial waters, we will sink all your warships....and south africa will have no navy anymore

top ranking african navies are re-arming powerfully to rebuild their blue or green water forces.

Egypt: 2 Type 209 submarines

Algeria: 2 Valour class stealth frigates

Nigeria: 4 to 6 stealth frigates and FFL with extra anti-submarine capabilities, and 12 Fennec attack/anti-submarine

helicopters

nigerian navy new pipav stealth frigates copy of russian tiger class. 2 to 4 ships on order

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 17, 2013
agaugust:

your south african waters has no valuable mineral wealth to attract sea pirates...only fish you have there.
sea pirates dare and do risk facing american and chinese navy in the horn of africa due to the great shipping of global businesses on waters around the gulf region.

if you have value, thieves will take risk and come steal from you...even if you are armed.

i sank that your blue water south navy to sea bottom during simulation of naval blockade of nigeria waters on page 236. if south african navy dares nigerian territorial waters, we will sink all your warships....and south africa will have no navy anymore

top ranking african navies are re-arming powerfully to rebuild their blue or green water forces.

Egypt 2 Type 209 submarines

Algeria 2 Valour class stealth frigates

Nigeria 4 stealth frigates and FFL with extra antisubmarine capabilities and 12 Fennec attack/anti-submarine helicopters

nigerian navy new pipav stealth frigates copy of russian tiger class. 2 to 4 ships on order

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:16pm On May 17, 2013
all4naija: Yea!

I like your curiosity. I do that to differentiate my comments as though they are quoted. If not, there is nothing special about it and there is no single good reason behind why I do that as to make my comments more relevant or whatever the idea seem to be. Is that clear to you?

Good for you! Amazing stuff.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:19pm On May 17, 2013
all4naija:

I didn't realise pirates sail waters because of the presence of mineral wealth in the waters. Thought pirates were attracted by commercial routes; and not mineral wealth in waters.

Anyway, I guess you learn something new everyday, guys.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

I didn't realise pirates sail waters because of the presence of mineral wealth in the waters. Thought pirates were attracted by commercial routes; and not mineral wealth in waters.

Anyway, I guess you learn something new everyday, guys.
That was meant for the frigates that will be coming to Nigeria soon.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:23pm On May 17, 2013
@Agaugust, do you have a link to share with us re: the Eritrean beautiful angels of death; and their "killer genes"? You mentioned it yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:23pm On May 17, 2013
all4naija: That was meant for the frigates that will be coming to Nigeria soon.

Hey man, I'm just saying I learnt something new about why pirates sail waters, that's all.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:27pm On May 17, 2013
@snydergp, your argument with @all4naija...israel helped south africa build nuclear technology in arpatheid times, and you paid many millions of dollars to israel for it. the whole world knows this fact, newspapaers published it those years back.

@andrewza, olifant tank is british centurion tank they sold to south africa, israel helped you to upgrade it, and BAE systems also helped you upragde the tanks as a british company with factory branch in south africa.

if michael jackson changes his nose, hair, and bleach his skin, does that mean he is no longer a black man ?

olifant tanks of south africa is British made and imported by origin. simple fact.

weblink source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_tank

original centurion tank

upgraded olifant tank
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:38pm On May 17, 2013
agaugust: @snydergp, your argument with @all4naija...israel helped south africa build nuclear technology inj arpatheid times, and you paid many millions of dollars to israel for it. the whole world knows this fact, newspapaers published it those years back.

@andrewza, olifant tank is british centurion tank they sold to south africa, israel helped you to upgrade it, and BAE systems also helped you upragde the tanks as a british company with factory branch in south africa.

if michael jackson changes his nose, hair, and bleach his skin, does that mean he is no longer a black man ?

olifant tanks of south africa is British made and imported by origin. simple fact.

Agaugust, in today's times, that's how technological advances are made by nations. Not too many nations can claim that everything about their technology is 100% homegrown. Innovation sometimes means doing something new with old stuff. Even Nigeria will have to enlist knowledge from other nations; and there's nothing wrong with that.

Have a look at the claim that China copied South African military technology, for example. -->http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?154657-China-attempts-to-copy-South-African-weapons-now

Look at the comment from sct1886 of the US, at the end of the first page.

I agree with him.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:41pm On May 17, 2013
agaugust: @snydergp,

original centurion tank

The original did not need to be reworked in this case.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:42pm On May 17, 2013
agaugust:

Nigeria: 4 to 6 stealth frigates and FFL with extra anti-submarine capabilities, and 12 Fennec attack/anti-submarine

helicopters

That just shows you a fool. SA is classed has a island econmy. Many ships use the cape rout has a sea transit point. SA has the largest port oprstion of any african country.

No you did not. You only showed your incopantianc.

You do know egypt and algeria are not in sub-shara arfica.

Nigeria has only got a order for 2 (TWO) chinness OPV's (OPVS) no frigates or any thing else.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:47pm On May 17, 2013
agaugust: @snydergp, your argument with @all4naija...israel helped south africa build nuclear technology in arpatheid times, and you paid many millions of dollars to israel for it. the whole world knows this fact, newspapaers published it those years back.

original centurion tank

upgraded olifant tank

Ever post makes this cliam of your s that you work in the defens idustry more and more sketchy.

The current moddel SA80A2 rifel was made by HK. Is it germain or britsh

I have mentsion load of other countries that use foorghin sytems and componts.

BAE land sytem OMC is a south african branch. Run by south africans in south africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 17, 2013
agaugust:

helicopters

We've been through this nonsense before.

The Type-59 stealth OPV's NAN is getting is nowhere near in the class of the Valour anti-balistic-missile defense warships ships. We've seen and posted on the weapons systems they have and they lack in almost all areas of which a full warship will contain.

The Type-59 is meant for coastal patrols not a war against ships in the class of the Valour ships and that's a fact. Do you @Aguagust want us to repost the on board weapons and ECW systems between the two ships again.

The Fennec Helo's are a bunch of crap compared to the Super Lynx 300 and you know this, its not even the best in its class compared to the Lynx 300.

Nigeria claim to have the worlds largest small boat fleet yet those 300 boats can't even effectively protect its 800km coastal waters, compared to SA which effectively patrols its 2400Km and has a warship on patrol in the Mozambican channel.

The Fishing lines of south africa is far more valuable then any mineral wealth can bring a nation, people don't eat minerals. SA has 3 ofshore Islands which is under SA goverment control including a Antarctic base which is the only one by an African nation, we even have Ice Braker in the name of SAS Agulhas.

Like I said before those inshore coastal OPV stealth boats can do 0 in international waters 1000km outside of Nigerian waters against SAS ships or even 1 submarine.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 4:02pm On May 17, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 4:04pm On May 17, 2013
Ani-submarine missile launch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X6GP_BuHl0
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 17, 2013
snydergp:

We've been through this nonsense before.

The Type-59 stealth OPV's NAN is getting is nowhere near in the class of the Valour anti-balistic-missile defense warships ships. We've seen and posted on the weapons systems they have and they lack in almost all areas of which a full warship will contain.

The Type-59 is meant for coastal patrols not a war against ships in the class of the Valour ships and that's a fact. Do you @Aguagust want us to repost the on board weapons and ECW systems between the two ships again.

The Fennec Helo's are a bunch of crap compared to the Super Lynx 300 and you know this, its not even the best in its class compared to the Lynx 300.

Nigeria claim to have the worlds largest small boat fleet yet those 300 boats can't even effectively protect its 800km coastal waters, compared to SA which effectively patrols its 2400Km and has a warship on patrol in the Mozambican channel.

The Fishing lines of south africa is far more valuable then any mineral wealth can bring a nation, people don't eat minerals. SA has 3 ofshore Islands which is under SA goverment control including a Antarctic base which is the only one by an African nation, we even have Ice Braker in the name of SAS Agulhas.

Like I said before those inshore coastal OPV stealth boats can do 0 in international waters 1000km outside of Nigerian waters against SAS ships or even 1 submarine.
What is the feverish condition for? Why the whimper? You can keep hyperventilating over the new frigates Nigeria is getting soon it is not going to stop us from having them. They will be useful for protection against pirates as the Gulf of Guinea is becoming one of the regions prone to piracy.

Please, spare us this your bragging it is doing you no good. What has the mention of icebreaker got to do with this topic than to make your comment looks out of place? Nigeria is militarily stronger than SA's. That is a complete fact!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:15pm On May 17, 2013
all4naija: What is the feverish condition for? Why the whimper? You can keep hyperventilating over the new frigates Nigeria is getting soon it is not going to stop us from having them. They will be useful for protection against pirates as the Gulf of Guinea is becoming one of the regions prone to piracy.

Please, spare us this your bragging it is doing you no good. What has the mention of icebreaker got to do with this topic than to make your comment looks out of place? Nigeria is militarily stronger than SA's. That is a complete fact!

They not frigates they OPVs
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 17, 2013
agaugust: @snydergp, your argument with @all4naija...israel helped south africa build nuclear technology in arpatheid times, and you paid many millions of dollars to israel for it. the whole world knows this fact, newspapaers published it those years back.

original centurion tank

upgraded olifant tank

Are you shore you work in the military industry or aree you just a another hawker selling pepper soup, who got hold of the internet.tongue

Now read this
http://m.bbcm.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18155293

This is what has happened over decades all over the world when it comes to weapons systems. Mind you without former Nazi defectors the US would've never even got hold of the first nuclear bomb also. SA in the 1950's was one of the USA's main suppliers of Uranium including DRC as we know it today does that mean DRC can claim having given the US its Nuclear arsenal.

A major arms manufacturer like China has even been accused of trying to copy Denel made weapon systems in the field of missile systems.
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?154657-China-attempts-to-copy-South-African-weapons-now

Now get out of your village.tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 4:21pm On May 17, 2013
snydergp:

Are you shore you work in the military industry or aree you just a another hawker selling pepper soup, who got hold of the internet.tongue

tongue

Agaugust is an accountant, with an American MBA. But that's not all. He also works as a military researcher in the United States of America.

Tell them Augustine!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:23pm On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

Agaugust is an accountant, with an American MBA. But that's not all. He also works as a military researcher in the United States of America.

Tell them Augustine!

So he dose the books that is all. He just a civilian who thinks he knows what goes on.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 4:29pm On May 17, 2013
andrewza:

So he dose the books that is all. He just a civilian who thinks he knows what goes on.

Oh, but that's only half a story. Augustine is also "good with sources"

@Augugust, show Andrew how good you are with sources and send that link about Eritrean women having a gene that causes them to be born soldiers. The stuff in their chromosomes that you spoke about yesterday.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:35pm On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

Oh, but that's only half a story. Augustine is also "good with sources"

@Augugust, show Andrew how good you are with sources and send that link about Eritrean women having a gene that causes them to be born soldiers. The stuff in their chromosomes that you spoke about yesterday.

He is not good with sources and is a master at missinfomastion. He still try to get us to think the cobra in Nigeria have AGMs.

He knows nothing beyond what you tube has showed him.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 17, 2013
Nigerian troops patrol near the chadian border, BAGA

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 17, 2013
Do you have the pics of the joint(multinational- forces?

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.