Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,321 members, 7,839,530 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4453796 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 18, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Unfortunately, its not good to speak about ghosts when matters are like this. Let us bury that subject because it couldn't materialise and put on top a tombstone to settle it down.
you are right. Hope you saw my apology.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:05pm On May 18, 2013
cuba's in-experienced army of boys and girls. tiny cuba almost defeated south african in bush war.

[img]http://www.juventudrebelde.cu/UserFiles/Image/2008/junio/22/graduacion-militar-g.jpg[/img]

Fighter Pilot: Just looks at Agaugust, someone who claims to be an expect in military, even failed to recognise Cuba as a fully experienced country in combat. He surely needs to visit the history about the Cuban Revolution. Besides, Cuba never fought alone, it fought in coalition of forces against SA, and compromised, Cuba, Angola, ANC, Russia, MPLA. That's why I hate arguing with Nigerians, because when you beat them they will start to beat about the bush and derail the treat. Just look at him, each country has its own dirty laundry and so I don't want us to go there. I just do not have the enegy for that. If you have nothing to discuss, you would rather shut up.

i just set a trap for you and fell down flat into it. i have a lot of information about Cuban military and its war history. Cuba is just our next door neighbour here and our CIA and military watch them everyday. i have neutral sources that proves Cuba had zero combat experience when they fought South Africa, and almost defeated you.

South Africa had overt and covert suppourt from USA, France, Britain, Holland, Israel and China. it was a balanced war and south africa almost got defeated before your government quickly begged for peace talks and settlement.

south africa has NEVER won any war in its life-time. all you have is nice photographs of weapons. Ethiopia has a far better war history than south africa the over-rated weapons producer.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:11pm On May 18, 2013

[size=16pt]nigerian navy.....new best in africa...soon[/size]

shocking news : nigerian navy new stealth warships will be bigger than the same type in china's navy. name therefore has been re-coded as P18N, no more Type 056 Frigate. in this class of warships nigerian navy versions are even better than the original chinese navy versions. the real Type 056 is 89m, nigerian version is 95m and expected to be better armed as a specially customized warship and with a longer range/endurance days at sea.

Type 056 is the first Chinese warship with module design, which makes it cover the roles from OPV to multi-role frigate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_056_corvette

Type 056 class corvette / light frigate
http://defenseupdates..ca/2013/03/first-type-056-class-corvette-light.html

Type 056 Jiangdao Class Corvette - Also known as Guided Missile Frigate by Chinese State Shipbuilding Corporation
[/b]http://defenseupdates..ca/2013/03/first-type-056-class-corvette-light.html
[b]
USA military expert is warning that China’s new class of stealth missile frigates could pose a direct threat to Taiwan.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=941

PHOTO :

[img]http://4.bp..com/-jAs7xT4uviU/UFKhwtlvfZI/AAAAAAAAQR8/ivQTPrX3PdY/s1600/plan+chinese+Type+056+Corvette+Under+Construction
[/img]

[img]+People's+Liberation+Army+Navy+(PLAN+or+PLA+Navy)+frigate+lite+anti+ship+missile+ascm+yj802345k+c+hq-1012+ciws+(3).jpg[/img]

similar signals coming from india too that nigerian navy pipav warship will be bigger than the indian 95m, nigerian frigate will be about 110m and will focus as a clone, on special russian tiger class frigates extraordianry anti-submarine weapons of both torpedoes and missiles to destroy all enemy submarines.

already, the nigerian pipav frigates have many more missiles than south african valour frigates.
nigerian navy soon becomes the new best in africa !

like the NNS ARADU which size and weapons were specailly customized to nigerian requested specifications in size and weaponry, the new 4 to 6 stealth frigates will be bigger and have more powerful combat weaponry than the ones used by the navy in countries that built them...india and china.

four valour frigate south africa : 76mm gun. 8 anti-ship missiles. 16 anti-aircraft missiles. 4 anti-submarine torpedoes

two P18N light frigate nigeria : 76mm gun. 4 anti-ship missiles. 8 anti-aircraft missiles. 6 anti-submarine torpedoes. these nigerian missiles may be

more because of bigger size than china's version Type 056, reports say the missiles numbers may be double of what is written above.

four valour frigate south africa : 76mm gun. 8 anti-ship missiles. 16 anti-aircraft missiles. 4 anti-submarine torpedoes

two to four Pipav/Tiger clone frigate nigeria : 100mm gun or 76mm gun. 16 anti-ship missiles. 12 anti-aircraft missiles. 14 anti-submarine missiles

combination with anti-submarine torpedoes

PIPAV/TIGER CLASS CLONE :

PHOTO :

[img]http://minthuhan1993.files./2012/07/steregushchy-classe-tiger-rc3bassia.jpg[/img]

At 2,200 tons it is large for a corvette and is designated as a frigate by NATO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steregushchy-class_corvette

http://beegeagle./tag/nigerian-naval-acquisitions/

anybody calling those deadly warship loaded with massive number of missiles, is a F00L from his mother's womb. warships fight according to their weaspons and not their body (hull) size

Nigerian P18N (Type 056) ight frigate electronic weapons systems

Type 1R-17 optronics
Type 360 air/surface search radar
Type 760 navigation radar
Type 754 helicopter control and approach radar
Hull Sonar
Jammers
Decoy Launchers
S1TN240 SATCOM System
Close-In Weapon System (CIWS)

Nigerian navy Pipav/Tiger class frigate electronic systems

Sensors and
processing systems:
Air search radar: Furke-E 3D, E/F band
Surface search radar: Granit Central Scientific Institute Garpun-B/3Ts-25E/PLANK SHAVE radar
Monument targeting radar
Fire control radar: Ratep 5P-10E Puma for A-190
HOT FLASH radar
Sonar: Zarya-ME suite, bow mounted. Vinyetka low frequency active/passive towed array
Close-In Weapon System (CIWS)
Navigation: GORIZONT-25 integrated navigation system
Electronic warfare
& decoys: TK-25E-5 ECM

FENNEC ANTI-SUBMARINE HELICOPTERS, 12 UNITS FOR NIGERIAN NAVY.

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/as555_fennec/

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/nigeria/navy-modernization.htm

the large number of 12 fennec helicopters gives nigeria the ability to search and destroy enemy submarines along the whole of nigeria's 850km coastline all at once, by giving each helicopter just a tiny 70km area to cover quickly as the 12 helicopters spread out. excellent naval war planning.

PHOTO :

www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/2/1/0/1992012.jpg">

ATR 72 ASW anti-submarine weapons extra hardware can be fixed on Nigerian Air Force ATR 42 Surveyor Maritime Aircraft if needed

The ATR 72 ASW integrates the ATR 42 MP (Maritime Patrol) mission system with the same on-board equipment but with additional anti-submarine warfare capabilities. An anti-submarine warfare (ASW) variant of the -500 (itself a version of the maritime patrol variant of the ATR 42–500) is also in production and has been selected by Turkish Navy and Italian Navy for ASW and anti-surface warfare (ASuW) duties. Ten aircraft will be delivered to the Turkish Navy beginning in 2010. Italy's order of four aircraft will begin deliveries in 2012. For ASW and ASuW missions, the aircraft will be armed with a pod-mounted machine gun, lightweight aerial torpedoes, anti-surface missiles, and depth charges. They will also be equipped with the AMASCOS (Airborne Maritime Situation and Control System) maritime surveillance system of Thales, as well as electronic warfare and reconnaissance systems, and will also be used for maritime search and rescue operations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATR_72

nigerian navy officers submarine training in pakistani navy submarines

http://beegeagle./2012/02/16/recap-nigerian-navy-personnel-in-pakistan-for-submarine-training/

nigerian navy is prepared for 3 new submarines to by purchased anytime about 5 years from now, so preparing in adavnce. many officers now train in pakistani navy submarines.

Frigates (FF or FFG)

A frigate is a medium-sized surface combatant (between 2,000 and 5,000 tons) that is either suited for one specific role (anti-submarine warfare or

anti-air warfare), or has lesser all-around capabilities than a destroyer. A frigate may be less capable than a destroyer, but is still a relatively

sophisticated and expensive (averaging around US$325 million apiece) platform. A frigate is generally the smallest surface combatant that can

conduct extended blue-water missions in a high-threat environment.

Corvettes (FS)

Corvettes are fast (around 25 knots or better), well-armed ships that displace between 700 and 2000 tons. A corvette is generally not intended for

extended ocean-going operations, and is best suited for regional operations. Corvettes are generally the smallest platforms capable of

accommodating the sensors, weapons, and combat systems needed to operate in a medium threat environment. Corvettes are sometimes referred

to as light frigates (FFLs). It can be assumed that the hull design for a corvette and that of an offshore patrol vessel are very similar. The

differences will be in propulsion and outfitting. Corvettes will have higher speed and therefore less endurance and range than OPV, much greater

armament, and less space for provisions and habitability.

http://www.amiinter.com/pagex.php?pg=vesseltypes

3 new submarines for nigerian navy soon

Between 2001 and 2008, the Nigerian Armed Forces entered into contractual agreements and/or taken delivery of the following:

FOUR Balsam-class 61m logistics ships
TWO stealth offshore patrol craft
British-made supply vessels
Many dozens of Chinese, US and Singapore-built fast response boats, troop landing craft and gunboats in the 10-25m configs.
Though the 4 Buoy Tenders were acquired from US Coast Guard in 2003/2004, they were about 60 years old. On 12 April 2009, the Navy

commissioned two 38-meter Sea Eagle Fast Patrol Crafts (FPCs) - NNS Zaria and NNS Burutu and two new Agusta helicopters procured from Alenia,

Italy.
EXPECTED
1,450+ton oceangoing OPVs @ US$260 m
More 38m stealth Offshore Patrol Craft from Singapore
Super Dvora and Shaldag gunboats from Israel
More Chinese gunboats and landing craft (rumoured end-figure of 200 units..including already delivered units)
More Singaporean gunboats
TWELVE Agusta A109 Power helicopters
TWELVE Eurocopter AS-550 Fennec naval attack choppers
FOUR Offshore Patrol Craft from France
THIRTY gunboats from France
The Air Arm of the Nigerian Navy owns a mix of about 8 Agusta-Westland Lynx helicopters and Agusta 109 Power helicopters. With the expected

delivery of TWELVE Eurocopter Fennec naval attack helicopters, it seems likely that the NN Air Arm will have about 20 recce and attack choppers.

The necessity for a floating helicopter base for the NN's Air Arm becomes necessary.

In mid-2009 the Nigerian Navy sought the Federal Government's approval to add to its inventory about 49 warships of different types and 42

combat helicopters to enable it police the nation's territorial waterways, including the Gulf of Guinea effectively. To enable the Federal

Government meet up with this target, the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ishaya Ibrahim stated that the Federal Government, through the

Ministry of Defence (MOD), set aside a percentage of the GDP for Maritime Security Equipment Development Fund.Ibrahim stressed that government

should also establish Maritime Cabotage Bank to make available maritime-related investment funding. This request was contained in a communiqué

issued at the end of the Chief of Naval Staff Annual Conference (CONSAC) held in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State Capital.

Vice Admiral Ibrahim stated that for the Navy to pursue its operational capacity that will enable the nation become one of the 20 strongest nations,

it should procure the different platforms in three phases, namely short, medium and long term measures.

the immediate plan which will span for two years, the Federal Government should add to the inventory of the Navy two light frigates, two 85

metre OPVs, six 17 metre Manta Class IPCs, six Shaldag MK 11 Patrol Craft, two 38 metre FPBs, two combat Augusta A138 helicopters, one Landing

Platform Dock, and two Logistics Ships.
In the medium term which will span between two to five years, the CNS said the Nigerian Navy would need, ten OPVs,20 helicopters, one

hydrographic ship, two training ships, two logistics ships, and two mine counter measure vessels (MCMVs).
While the long term plan which he put at between five and ten years, he requested the Federal Government to procure, three Conventional

Submarines, two corvettes, two LPDs, 20 long rang maritime patrol helicopters, two training ships and two MCMVs.

COMING VERY SOON TO THE NIGERIAN NAVY

TWO LIGHT FRIGATES(these will probably be the German MEKO A200 corvettes),
TWO 85 metre OPVs (these are the same Castle-class OPVs which we talked about earlier on this thread)
SIX 17 metre Manta Class Inshore Patrol Craft (two entered NN service in Q1,2009),
SIX Shaldag MK 11 Patrol Craft(one entered service in July 2009
TWO 38 metre Offshore Patrol Craft(two others entered NN service in April 2009),
TWO combat Augusta A138 helicopters,
ONE Landing Platform Dock, and
TWO Logistics Ships.

MEDIUM TERM (TWO TO FIVE YEARS)

TEN OPVs,
TWENTY helicopters,
ONE hydrographic ship,
TWO training ships,
TWO logistics ships, and
TWO mine counter measure vessels (MCMVs).

LONG TERM (FIVE TO TEN YEARS)

THREE Conventional Submarines,
TWO corvettes,
TWO LPDs,
TWENTY long-range maritime patrol helicopters,
TWO training ships and
TWO MCMVs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:12pm On May 18, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2013
agaugust: .

[img]http://www.juventudrebelde.cu/UserFiles/Image/2008/junio/22/graduacion-militar-g.jpg[/img]

i just set a trap for you and fell down flat into it. i have a lot of information about Cuban military and its war history. Cuba is just our next door neighbour here and our CIA and military watch them everyday. i have neutral sources that proves Cuba had zero combat experience when they fought South Africa, and almost defeated you.

South Africa had overt and covert suppourt from USA, France, Israel. it was a balanced war and south africa almost got defeated before your government quickly begged for peace talks and settlement.

south africa has NEVER won any war in its life-time. all you have is nice photographs of weapons. Ethiopia has a far better war history than south africa the over-rated weapons producer.

I told you that history does not win you wars. It is apparent that your knowledge concerning military history is very limited due to your hatred to SA military success. In that case you will need to visit the British military archives in London and look as to how many soldiers they lost in a disappointing defeat against the small number of SA Boers in the first SA war. Moreover, ask the Germans and Italians. Cubans also lost a vast number of soldiers as compared to SA in the bush war.

Mr America you need to read your history without any bias. By the way, what military qualifications do you have? I am boasting a BMil degree and I want to hear what do you have.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 2:39pm On May 18, 2013
There is nothing that you will gain from discussing military issues with Agaugust. His is only to complaint non-stop that SA made weapons are over-rated and to him is as if weapons are only better when developed by the imperialist. America has corrupted his mental system and thus made him to be unable to think out of the box. SA does not wait for the likes of America to feed them with their left-overs and scraps. We stand resolute by putting to trial the skills of our young engineers. He is just like his American colleagues who always fail to recognise that Africa is growing and atleast at last can bring something on the table for the whole world to see.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:47pm On May 18, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Mr America you need to read your history without any bias. By the way, what military qualifications do you have? I am boasting a BMil degree and I want to hear what do you have.

i have BSc Accounting plus an MBA degree like American great General Collin Powell of gulf war fame and one of the best military generals in the whole world. i have formidable company/industry certifications in military affairs where i work. America does not focus on one single qualification, we mix different certificates together for better human capital quality.

weapons technology is a science, but war fighting is an art. best military men are born, not made.

i will defeat you both here and in real war with that your BMil degree, i have beaten american soldiers in war simulation in my office. Augustine will teach you a big lesson.

did you go to page 236 of this thread ? like its posted on that page have you ever in your military career seen a civilian that simulated that naval blockade defense and counter attack using an army to destroy a powerful navy ? it cannot be copied and pasted from internet. that is a coastal defence plan of a whole country (usually planed by admirals, generals, and air marshals ) with 850km coastline to defend with no warship and no combat aircraft support.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:59pm On May 18, 2013
agaugust: ke its posted on that page have you ever in your military career seen a civilian that simulated that naval blockade defense and counter attack using an army to destroy a powerful navy ? it cannot be copied and pasted from internet. that is a coastal defence plan of a whole country (usually planed by admirals, generals, and air marshals ) with 850km coastline to defend with no warship and no combat aircraft support.

Augustine, simulating war is like simulating a soccer game or a stock trading session. Useful to a certain degree, but useless to a large degree.

Emotions and the imperfect discretion that is used by humans can never be simulated. Simulation assumes perfect decision making and the lack of emotion. All untrue. As an accountant with an MBA and experience in military research, you should know not to place so much emphasis on simulations.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 3:05pm On May 18, 2013
agaugust:

i have BSc Accounting plus an MBA degree like American great General Collin Powell of gulf war fame and one of the best military generals in the whole world. i have formidable company/industry certifications in military affairs where i work. America does not focus on one single qualification, we mix different certificates together for better human capital quality.

weapons technology is a science, but war fighting is an art. best military men are born, not made.

i will defeat you both here and in real war with that your BMil degree, i have beaten american soldiers in war simulation in my office. Augustine will teach you a big lesson.

did you go to page 236 of this thread ? like its posted on that page have you ever in your military career seen a civilian that simulated that naval blockade defense and counter attack using an army to destroy a powerful navy ? it cannot be copied and pasted from internet. that is a coastal defence plan of a whole country (usually planed by admirals, generals, and air marshals ) with 850km coastline to defend with no warship and no combat aircraft support.

You are disappointing me. You are letting the standard of America go down. People with MBA do not reason the way you do. BTW why did they categorise your Accounting under Bachelor of Sciences and not Bachelor of commerce/Accountancy?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 3:28pm On May 18, 2013
I am not going to waste my energy discussing military and war history with amateurs ever again.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 3:34pm On May 18, 2013
Fighter Pilot: I am not going to waste my energy discussing military and war history with amateurs ever again.

you run away from me a civilian @Agaugust since you came to this forum, no technical stuff from you air force officer. we have NOT seen any of your so called expertise displayed here, i think you are a non-combatant soldier...and very afraid.

hi everyone, i posted some nigeria navy new weapons photos with heavy size kilobytes and i got banned for posting heavy images above kilobyte size limit on nairaland. i will try again today or monday.
@Agaugust
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:11pm On May 18, 2013
Augustine Again:

you run away from me a civilian @Agaugust since you came to this forum, no technical stuff from you air force officer. we have NOT seen any of your so called expertise displayed here, i think you are a non-combatant soldier...and very afraid.

hi everyone, i posted some nigeria navy new weapons photos with heavy size kilobytes and i got banned for posting heavy images above kilobyte size limit on nairaland. i will try again today or monday.

Mr America I would have shown you what do I know about military, but since you have shown your ignorance just from the onset, I then decided not even to engage you any further because I have already seen that there is nothing to gain from you. Any force is not judged form its history. There's always first time for everything, first time for defeat and first time for victory.

Any force that would be intimidated by Nigeria based on the ideology that they have never lost a war (source needed), is surely supposed to be ashamed of themselves. Our force cannot be reduced to the back seats like biafran combatants. Any country that is involved in civil wars is said to defeat one of their own. It is like a fight between two brothers at home who later go to the street and claim that they can defeat everybody.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:23pm On May 18, 2013
agaugust: .

[size=14pt] DENEL south africa in financial mess [/size]

DENEL defense company of South Africa is in financial mess and heavy debt...bad business. The whole nation if South Africa too is also in heavy financial debt to foreign lenders. You south africans forgot to mention these DENEL facts, so I helped you to post it. Thanks my soweto brothers. grin

It is in financial mess and yet it does not default in its responsibilities of exploring military technology. By the way our government bailed it out. That information has expired.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:37pm On May 18, 2013
DENEL secure a multi-million contract in Europe.

http://www.btimes.co.za/98/1122/comp/comp.htm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:46pm On May 18, 2013
Last year DENEL signed the largest export contract with Malaysia;

http://www.defaiya.com/defaiyaonline/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3464%3Adenel-signs-largest-export-contract-with-malaysia&catid=52%3Aasia&Itemid=2&lang=en
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:57pm On May 18, 2013
Image of a new upgraded and modified Rooivalk. It is now even more powerful than it was before.

http://m.engineeringnews.co.za/article/saaf-takes-delivery-of-final-rooivalk-helicopter-2013-03-14
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:11pm On May 18, 2013
Black South-African owned Paramount Group unveils the new generation military vehicles;

http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/armoured/paramount-group
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:15pm On May 18, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:16pm On May 18, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

You are disappointing me. You are letting the standard of America go down. People with MBA do not reason the way you do. BTW why did they categorise your Accounting under Bachelor of Sciences and not Bachelor of commerce/Accountancy?

nigerian BSc in accounting, american MBA. countries differ in categorization of degrees awarded.
@Agaugust
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:28pm On May 18, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:31pm On May 18, 2013
sithwell:

Augustine, simulating war is like simulating a soccer game or a stock trading session. Useful to a certain degree, but useless to a large degree.

Emotions and the imperfect discretion that is used by humans can never be simulated. Simulation assumes perfect decision making and the lack of emotion. All untrue. As an accountant with an MBA and experience in military research, you should know not to place so much emphasis on simulations.

simulation is the only human way to try predict outcome of a war. the only other way is to consult spiritual herbalist or oracles and prophets

soldiers are not very emotional when war comes. they are hardened and think like programmed robots based on orders/command received for operations/enemy engagement. soldiers are a different breed of human beings.

i believe 90% of military men cannot simulate a war that involves all air, land, and sea combat operations at the same time, you need to have a balance knowledge of all the 3 types of armed forces, army, navy, airforce equipment and deployment, as well as terrain the expected of war zone.

war simulation helps test effectiveness of national defence plans or country's contingency war plan, and is necessary to provide a guided line of action against enemy's sudden aggression to avoid being overrun by enemy forces trying to gain a quick and decisive victory in a 'lightning strike/war' called Blitzkrieg in world war II tactics of germany's forces.

Before falkland war invasion by argentina, britain had no dfence plan for the falkland islands because the british believed they as super power cannot win a war about 10,000km away against a medium power Argentina.

when argentina attacked, the british high command immediately made a contingency war plan and war simulation before the task force sailed to argentina/falkland island for war, and they won.

simulation does not tell you who will win in reality, but it does tell you what the enemy would likely do and how you will respond to each manoeuvre. its not like a football game, it involves weapons with technical specifications that can be accurately calculated.

war simulation also helps nations avoid going to war against an enemy that will defeat them. you can start peace negotiations instead of going to war and getting humiliated in defeat.

top military officers of USA and NATO are already doing one now for war in Syria.

http://news.yahoo.com/commander-contingency-plans-under-way-syria-155448430--politics.html

@Agaugust
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:36pm On May 18, 2013
Augustine Again:

nigerian BSc in accounting, american MBA. countries differ in categorization of degrees awarded.
@Agaugust

Well, it's just that is very unusual that you will find Accounting categorised under the faculty of Natural Sciences (BSc) rather on faculty of economic sciences (Bcom). In SA its either BAcc, Bcompt for SA(CA) or BCom Accounting for ordinary Accountants.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:42pm On May 18, 2013
african military top brass

Fighter Pilot:

Mr America I would have shown you what do I know about military, but since you have shown your ignorance just from the onset, I then decided not even to engage you any further because I have already seen that there is nothing to gain from you. Any force is not judged form its history. There's always first time for everything, first time for defeat and first time for victory.

Any force that would be intimidated by Nigeria based on the ideology that they have never lost a war (source needed), is surely supposed to be ashamed of themselves. Our force cannot be reduced to the back seats like biafran combatants. Any country that is involved in civil wars is said to defeat one of their own. It is like a fight between two brothers at home who later go to the street and claim that they can defeat everybody.

civilians have turned into rebel warlords and defeated regular military generals in combat. war history proves it.

nothing so far has shown that you know war generally more than i do. except the specific military duty you are trained for, but come to war in general terms, Augustine is hard to defeat.

all your south african soldiers here were doing military rankings based on Denel website weapons photograghs versus other african countries.

i was the only one that posted 7 factors required to rank countries' military power on page 23 of this thread and that was 5 months ago. you just posted yours on page 263 this weeek, did i copy you ? there is nothing special in your parameters/factors compared to my own...and i am a civilian, you are a soldier with military Bachelors degree.

whats the difference ? i invite all nairalanders on this forum to judge both of us below in a honest way.

@Fighter Pilot in red colour
@Agaugust in blue colour

Any country's military power is judged in accordance with the following factors;

1. Firepower which is the total number of one country hardware inventory;
2. Modernisation of their weapons, eg, Roland SAM is too old to be used to stop the offensive of the. new generations fighter jets;

(1) current equipment in service and combat ready or in safe storage (ukraine's air force 100 jets active, 200 jets in safe storage)

3. Military science and technology of one country;
4. Economic power of one country, that is, any country must have the financial muscle and means to procure arms to avoid fighting with clubs and knobkerries;

(7) ability of the military to transform rapidly and increase its battle field potency within the first few weeks of war (ukraine's weapons in safe storage)

5. The military strength of one country depending on the level of literacy of their militants, eg, half a million of illiterate soldiers can easily be defeated by just only 80 000 educated soldiers. Military research have shown that educated soldiers execute commands better than soldiers with limited cognitive abilities; and
6. Credibility of military academy of one country. In the case of SA and US are run by reputable civilian universities as faculty of military sciences.

(2) number of combat men in service and trained reservists (north korean army deterrent to the west based on 1950 koeran war of numbers)
(3) ability of the men to use their equipment to maximum battlefield effectiveness (ethiopian air force dog fight pilots)

(4) calibre and quality of officers from lieutenant colonel to 5 star general (israeli army officers in war tactics)
(5) previous and recent combat exploits of the forces (israeli military history 1967 to 2013)

(6) historic fighting morale of the soldiers (gurkha army originating of asian nepal nation now in the british army)

these critical factors of power include but not limited to the above.

some other two factors commonly use by the untrained, are not good enough to judge miltary power, they are :

military budget:
its not an easy factor to use because of fraud by corrupt governments like angola and zimbabwe who steal billions of dollars in the name of defense spending, it is common in africa. also some spend more of recurrent expenditure and not capital expenditure due to soldiers huge salaries or consumption of battlefield ordinance and munitions during an ongoing war like sudan.

military weapons manufactured domestically:
its not also a good factor to judge. why south africa manufactures the rooivak helicopter gunship but has just less than 15 of the aircraft in its own air force, compare that to egypt which does not manufacture helicopter gunships but has 150 aircraft in its air force (including american made apache helicopters) ten times that of south africa which boasts of manufacturing. so in an helicopter combat who will win ? egypt or south africa ? what you produce does not fight a war for you unless you buy it and equip your military with it.

dear readers, we invite you to judge the two analyses above and make a honest comment. thank you.

@Agaugust
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:15pm On May 18, 2013
Augustine Again:

civilians have turned into rebel warlords and defeated regular military generals in combat. war history proves it.

nothing so far has shown that you know war generally more than i do. except the specific military duty you are trained for, but come to war in general terms, Augustine is hard to defeat.

all your south african soldiers here were doing military rankings based on Denel website weapons photograghs versus other african countries.

i was the only one that posted 7 factors required to rank countries' military power on page 23 of this thread and that was 5 months ago. you just posted yours on page 263 this weeek, did i copy you ? there is nothing special in your parameters/factors compared to my own...and i am a civilian, you are a soldier with military Bachelors degree.

whats the difference ? i invite all nairalanders on this forum to judge both of us below in a honest way.

@Fighter Pilot in red colour
@Agaugust in blue colour

Any country's military power is judged in accordance with the following factors;

1. Firepower which is the total number of one country hardware inventory;
2. Modernisation of their weapons, eg, Roland SAM is too old to be used to stop the offensive of the. new generations fighter jets;

(1) current equipment in service and combat ready or in safe storage (ukraine's air force 100 jets active, 200 jets in safe storage)

3. Military science and technology of one country;
4. Economic power of one country, that is, any country must have the financial muscle and means to procure arms to avoid fighting with clubs and knobkerries;

(7) ability of the military to transform rapidly and increase its battle field potency within the first few weeks of war (ukraine's weapons in safe storage)

5. The military strength of one country depending on the level of literacy of their militants, eg, half a million of illiterate soldiers can easily be defeated by just only 80 000 educated soldiers. Military research have shown that educated soldiers execute commands better than soldiers with limited cognitive abilities; and
6. Credibility of military academy of one country. In the case of SA and US are run by reputable civilian universities as faculty of military sciences.

(2) number of combat men in service and trained reservists (north korean army deterrent to the west based on 1950 koeran war of numbers)
(3) ability of the men to use their equipment to maximum battlefield effectiveness (ethiopian air force dog fight pilots)

(4) calibre and quality of officers from lieutenant colonel to 5 star general (israeli army officers in war tactics)
(5) previous and recent combat exploits of the forces (israeli military history 1967 to 2013)

(6) historic fighting morale of the soldiers (gurkha army originating of asian nepal nation now in the british army)

these critical factors of power include but not limited to the above.

some other two factors commonly use by the untrained, are not good enough to judge miltary power, they are :

military budget:
its not an easy factor to use because of fraud by corrupt governments like angola and zimbabwe who steal billions of dollars in the name of defense spending, it is common in africa. also some spend more of recurrent expenditure and not capital expenditure due to soldiers huge salaries or consumption of battlefield ordinance and munitions during an ongoing war like sudan.

military weapons manufactured domestically:
its not also a good factor to judge. why south africa manufactures the rooivak helicopter gunship but has just less than 15 of the aircraft in its own air force, compare that to egypt which does not manufacture helicopter gunships but has 150 aircraft in its air force (including american made apache helicopters) ten times that of south africa which boasts of manufacturing. so in an helicopter combat who will win ? egypt or south africa ? what you produce does not fight a war for you unless you buy it and equip your military with it.

dear readers, we invite you to judge the two analyses above and make a honest comment. thank you.

@Agaugust

You are going far, example is there in Nigeria where coups proved successful.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:27pm On May 18, 2013
Any army that declares to challenge us must be prepared to face robots or our remote controlled weapons before they face the actual combatants. Our military technology has advanced so fast.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 7:27pm On May 18, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

You are going far, example is there in Nigeria where coups proved successful.

how does it relate to the topic ? i dont get the flow.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 7:41pm On May 18, 2013
Fighter Pilot: Any army that declares to challenge us must be prepared to face robots or our remote controlled weapons before they face the actual combatants. Our military technology has advanced so fast.

nigeria has similar hardware, we deployed land based robots in mali war, fully built in nigeria, all are nigerian made unmanned surface vehicles. the top african militaries are arming up seriously, nobody wants to a victim like congo DRC, a big football that smaller nations kick around.

weblikn source : http://allafrica.com/stories/201304170090.html

Agaugust
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:44pm On May 18, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:47pm On May 18, 2013
Augustine Again:

nigeria has similar hardware, we deployed land based robots in mali war, fully built in nigeria. the top african militaries are arming up seriously, nobody wants to a victim like congo DRC, a big football that smaller nations kick around.

We have the remote controlled machine guns.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 7:48pm On May 18, 2013
Fighter Pilot: This is what china has done to us with their devious contracts;

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Security-Industry/2009/01/08/China-starts-buying-South-African-arms/UPI-74661231431561/

russuian and americans too copy each other. Mig 25 and F-15 look alike. being smart in not a crime. nigeria too copies china. some south african military vehicles look like american hummer jeeps.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:54pm On May 18, 2013
BAE_SD ROW_03

The self -defence Remotely Operated Weapon, or Row was developed by the South African arm of BAE Systems and can be quickly installed on any vehicle. (BAE Systems)

BAE Systems’ South African arm developed the Self Defence Remotely Operated Weapon (SD-ROW) optimised for 7.62 and 5.56 mm machine guns. Currently integrated are the M240, SS-77, MG3 and PKM in the larger calibre category and  the M249 and the Mini SS in the smaller one. Typical optronic suite includes a two field-of-view day camera and a laser rangefinder. Weighing 75 kg with weapon and 200 rounds of ammo, its elevation arc is –20°/+80° standard traverse being ±135°, full 360° rotation being available as option. Three M10 bolts are all is needed to fix the SD-ROW on a vehicle roof. It is ready for production.

FN deFNder Medium with FN M2 machine gun + FN_deFNder_Light_FN_MAG – Studio

The deFNder Medium (left) is offered by FN Herstal for up to 12.7 mm machine guns (here an FN M2). The deFNder Light (right) can accept 5.56 and 7.62 mm machine guns. With weapon and ammunition its weight remains under 100 kg. (FN Herstal)

FN Herstal’s has portfolio remained unchanged, with its three families, namely the deFNder Light, the deFNder Medium and the Arrows. The first is aimed at small 5.56 and 7.62 mm calibres, and weighs between 80 and 85 kg depending on the weapon. The deFNder Medium was developed as a light 12.7 mm solution tipping the scales at around 180 kg. The Arrows is also intended for 12.7 mm, although it could handle a MAG, with weight varying between 245 and 285 kg. Optionally a 40 mm automatic grenade launcher can also be installed. FN Herstal is developing a naval version of the deFNder Medium for anti-piracy missions. The Arrows has been installed on Belgian Army Dingo 2s and Piranha IIICs. It is also installed on the 110 command post versions of the VBCI under acquisition by the French Army (over 400 Arrows currently are in service, many of which downrange). In addition FN Herstal signed in the last year four major contracts with undisclosed countries for the direct delivery or local manufacturing of hundreds of Lights and Mediums.

A peculiar system is the Precision Remotes ultra-light system – around 34 kg – which can be easily installed or removed in five minutes with no tools as it fits on a standard 2.5-inch Nato ring mount.

Also available as a fully stabilised turret, it can be armed with 5.56 or 7.62 mm machine guns, respectively with 600 or 400 rounds. It can be equipped with day/night optics and is controlled via a game-boy type console. Overall consumption is 170 W, which allows it to be installed even on vehicles with low power supply. In case of failure it can be reverted to manual control within seconds.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 7:56pm On May 18, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

We have the remote controlled machine guns.

nigeria is testing surface to surface and surface to air missiles with range 120km achieved this year, it was 70km in 2012.

i see no african country beating nigeria in war, except an egyptian all out full scale assault in german blitzkrieg style of 'lightning strike/war'. nigeria has many modular weapons that get transformed into multiple roles if there is a chance to hold a powerful enemy at frontline long enough to re-modularize nigerian military hardware to face the specific enemy threat..e.g a massive egyptian armoured force and nigerian APC force of about 350 modulars re-equipped for anti-armour counter attack.

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.