Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,661 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (15053 Views)

African Leaders Criticize Icc For Bias Against Continent; Plans To Withdraw / What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2010
TOPE2000!:

I concur
Thanx you jare kiss kiss grin

~Sauron~:

This reeks of BIAS.
How so? undecided
I don't see how that statement can be seen as biased when we all know it is the truth
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

How so? undecided
I don't see how that statement can be seen as biased when we all know it is the truth

Chic2chimp, stop pretending. . . .Your 6 months visa will soon expire. tongue
6 months ago, you were a newspaper vendor @ Ipodo market.
Funny how you are now classifying yourself as a NID when you are a certified NIN. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by valoval: 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2010
well everybody works for himself, why should we raise words against each other. home /abroad are the same, am living in Italy working but the truth is there is no place like where a child was born. it goes to no place like home. i was working with oceanic bank  before i left to Italy and even now am into the same job but the pay is 1000 times better. oceanic bank paid me 45,000 monthly but the same job pays me here 400,000 monthly with minimum hours but greater risk,. but i wish to be back where my prophecy was made , where the child was born. but home i love and hate . i need God's help.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
valoval:

well everybody works for himself, why should we raise words against each other. home /abroad are the same, am living in Italy working but the truth is there is no place like where a child was born. it goes to no place like home. i was working with oceanic bank before i left to Italy and even now am into the same job but the pay is 1000 times better. oceanic bank paid me 45,000 monthly but the same job pays me here 400,000 monthly with minimum hours but greater risk,. but i wish to be back where my prophecy was made , where the child was born. but home i love and hate . i need God's help.

Tel us what you hate about home.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Pataki: 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2010
@ topic,

This is a subjective matter of complex in us Nigerians. Whether it be - Superiority complex or Inferiority complex. Everyone has the complex attitude coming into play at such sensitive issues as this.

And furthermore, one of the basic characteristics of humans is COMPETITION. Nigerians in diaspora will always want to prove that they are far better than Nigerians in Nigeria; even if, they have only spent just one day outside Nigeria.

As for me, stay wherever you feel comfortable with. But my choice of habitation and working should never be a reference point for another to feel and state, I am below his/her standard(s).
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2010
@ Honeric

I did not insult anyone nor did I throw any claims of 'I am better or I have more of this or that'.

All I have said is this - people making claims of 'some people are making it in Nigeria' is not a reflection of much, if the majority of the population is in abject poverty.

I have not said they have to contribute to those who are less fortunate, but it is the height of foolishness to 'boast' that French and other foreigners come to Nigeria and are making lots of money as a sign of good things in Nigeria, or to boast of isolated examples when the structures around us are falling apart.

Excuse me for not being as 'neutral' as you are - I cannot see us waving away the ills of OUR country in the name of sounding 'unbiased'.

For someone to claim people couldn't 'make it' and so left Nigeria is a backward way of thinking and I came in to challenge that, and other assertions that blindly overlooks the failures in the state as a whole.

Are there jealous people? Yes - on both sides of the divide.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 11:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
debosky:

Now why would anyone(NIDs) get jealous of Nigerians in Nigeria?
Can you elaborate?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 11:42pm On Mar 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Can you elaborate?

Can u prove that his is on (NIDs) wink wink wink
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 11:50pm On Mar 22, 2010
Freiburger:

Can u prove that his is on (NIDs) wink wink wink

I don't get your question.
Can i prove what?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

I don't get your question.
Can i prove what?

I meant how did u know he is an NID?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 23, 2010
Sauron how are you? It's been a while. cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 12:02am On Mar 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

Can you elaborate?

I personally know someone who is jealous of we NIDs because he cannot get fresh Boli and Epa daily and has to wear 10 overcoats in winter and walk about looking like Baba Suwe.  grin grin

Others are jealous of the Jeeps people drive in Nigeria for fun and the big houses, drivers, cooks, etc that an 'average' manager can have in Nigeria which an average NID cannot usually afford (unless he is into human trafficking).
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 23, 2010
I for one am jealous of NINs . . . successful ones at that. More pay for less work and plenty of free time. Sigh.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 12:08am On Mar 23, 2010
Freiburger:

I meant how did u know he is an NID?

U mean Debosky? I have met him before in London dancing Makossa in one Owambe Party. grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 12:10am On Mar 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

U mean Debosky? I have met him before in London dancing Makossa in one Owambe Party. grin

Sinner!! That was my cousin Chamotex you saw. tongue
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 12:25am On Mar 23, 2010
platinumnk:

Your analogy doesnt make sense.
If someone builds a school how is it giving them fish? Isnt it giving them structure so they can learn?
i go home, Im not blind.

Yes, it won't sense to you because you think everyone think like you, the school you "claimed" you built, is the school free? the pupils that go to your school, do they go for free or what? don't tell me there are no schools in your village.

I have already known what to expect from you likes right from the debate we had on the exposure stuff when you claimed that because some people have never left Nigeria makes them unexposed and local, it was so funny because you kept mentioning "going abroad" as a yardstick for exposure. now tell me, what does that kinda statement translate to in the news of those that haven't been abroad? you made it feel as if they are all bush people that lacks exposure just because they have not left the shore of Nigeria, i had to stop debating with you on that because you were about making me sound like yourself.

My last word for you, please everyone can't be like you and people don't have to be where you have been to or where you are before you see them as equal because what you know, some might not know them, but what they know, you might also not know them so they are as equal as you are.

debosky:

@ Honeric

I did not insult anyone nor did I throw any claims of 'I am better or I have more of this or that'.

All I have said is this - people making claims of 'some people are making it in Nigeria' is not a reflection of much, if the majority of the population is in abject poverty.

I have not said they have to contribute to those who are less fortunate, but it is the height of foolishness to 'boast' that French and other foreigners come to Nigeria and are making lots of money as a sign of good things in Nigeria, or to boast of isolated examples when the structures around us are falling apart.

Excuse me for not being as 'neutral' as you are - I cannot see us waving away the ills of OUR country in the name of sounding 'unbiased'.

For someone to claim people couldn't 'make it' and so left Nigeria is a backward way of thinking and I came in to challenge that, and other assertions that blindly overlooks the failures in the state as a whole.

Bro, i never denied the fact that the opportunities here in Nigeria is not as much as you have overthere but you don't expect every Nigerian to migrate out of the country because it won't happen and can't happen. This same Nigeria people look at in disdain is not as bad as you think because i live here, i see people from other countries living here, Gabonese, Ghanaian, Togolese, Chad, Lebanese, British, Chinese, Americans e.t.c, some of them live in well protected areas while some live as ordinary Nigerian citizens, we have alot of Ghanaian, Chad, Togolese, Lebanese begging on the street of Lagos and other parts of the country, some hawking and doing menial jobs, these i can testify to, check the traffic in Lagos and you'd see these people begging and hawking around.

Where am i trying to arrive at here? i just want you to know that even as poor as some Nigerians are, we still have other nationals relying on these poor people's money before eating for the day and that Nigeria is even to some Nigerians but Rich and poor including some foreigners.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 2:34am On Mar 23, 2010
honeric01:

Yes, it won't sense to you because you think everyone think like you, the school you "claimed" you built, is the school free? the pupils that go to your school, do they go for free or what? don't tell me there are no schools in your village.

I have already known what to expect from you likes right from the debate we had on the exposure stuff when you claimed that because some people have never left Nigeria makes them unexposed and local, it was so funny because you kept mentioning "going abroad" as a yardstick for exposure. now tell me, what does that kinda statement translate to in the news of those that haven't been abroad? you made it feel as if they are all bush people that lacks exposure just because they have not left the shore of Nigeria, i had to stop debating with you on that because you were about making me sound like yourself.

Please stop yabbing in circles.
If you want to speak logically, please argue against my post not another non essential post.
You just commited a red herring.
You said women wont have sex just because.
I said you are not experienced otherwise you wouldnt be yabbing things you do not know of.

When you actually reply to a thread and not committing bad arguments, Ill be back. cool
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 3:10am On Mar 23, 2010
@PLAT

abeg forget it, i wan go sleep, i don do typos tire. embarassed
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 23, 2010
Common sense teaches that one side might just be as good as the other but trust some to immediately turn it to "my life is better than yours". Some embarrassing person even threatened to post his passport pages. For what?

@Spike
I said i'd post my P to show u that most of u are living illegally abroad with expired visas while some of us have got a 5yr Uk visa, a German and US visa, yet we're here. I fly out when i like, no sweat.
I've told my sis, come home after ur M.sc and i'd get u a job where u'd earn 300k a month.

This comment made me laugh, where do you stay when you visit other countries?? The worst neighbourhoods? You seem to know how struggling Nigerians abroad live but never mention the other side of it, People of the same class stick together, when I go back to Nigeria no one asks me for money because they already have money, same thing happens when they come to visit me. For someone so wealthy, why do you hang around so many “deadbeats”?
And there is nothing wrong with the cold, Go skiing for winter and head to Maldives for summer. The heat must be getting into your head because you are also here chatting trash on NL, so by your own rules you’re a “deadbeat”.

@Baddiyarh or whatever,
Don't be a fo.ool.

I don't have to live in a run down neighbourhood to know how u live. When next i come to the UK, catch me at the Hyatt.

hahahahaha WHAT??
So Ignorant. Please educate yourself.
I come on NL cos I love catching up on things going on at home, love the typical naija bickering back n forth etc etc. Has nothing to do with what you think.

And to the poster that said 'only the strong survive in naija' WHAT THE HELL IS THAT EVEN SUPPOSED TO MEAN?
What do you mean by strong? Strong in mind? Or heart? Or brain? Or what? So what is supposed to happened to the supposedly weak?

The problem with Nigeria is with her mentality. No change in mentality, no fwd progress.

You have time to catch up with Naija b'cos u have nothing constructive doing. Perhaps u're unemployed or work in a mall as an attendant and i'm sure u have a Masters degree just like moi. You are a second class citizen and will die so except u come home.

As for those kids, Plat and Ohsis,

For you to buy a 7$ watch and give ur family shows how poor u gals are. I can't give anything less than a 50$ item as a gift.
You probably only see the Ralph Lauren and LV stores from afar.
I don't get it, how can we fly into UK/US shop at the fancy places and u so called inhabitants only stare at those stores from the display windows?
It's almost like a life time sentence of slavery.

I hear of how little white boys close their noses when u enter the trains, it breaks my heart. U let those white trash call u monkey? Let them tell u you smell and u smile back? U're a disgrace to mankind.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 23, 2010
Una never tire? I thought it has been established that you lot are better than us and we are wallowing in self pity and envy down here? Let it go guys! angry
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by spikedcylinder: 11:01am On Mar 23, 2010
debosky:

I personally know someone who is jealous of we NIDs because he cannot get fresh Boli and Epa daily and has to wear 10 overcoats in winter and walk about looking like Baba Suwe.  grin grin

Others are jealous of the Jeeps people drive in Nigeria for fun and the big houses, drivers, cooks, etc that an 'average' manager can have in Nigeria which an average NID cannot usually afford (unless he is into human trafficking).

ROTFLMBAO!!! Don't know why I found that so funny. grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Badriyyah(f): 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
Aqva:

@Baddiyarh or whatever,
Don't be a fo.ool.

I don't have to live in a run down neighbourhood to know how u live. When next i come to the UK, catch me at the Hyatt.

Lmao, But you're so well informed, just confess that you stay in a crappy neighbourhood when you come to UK to visit, or wait you're so special that every Nigerian stops you on the road and asks you for money Like I said you are the same as the people you hang around with. So take a back seat, you ain't all that. wink
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Badriyyah(f): 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
Aqva:

I said i'd post my P to show u that most of u are living illegally abroad with expired visas while some of us have got a 5yr Uk visa, a German and US visa, yet we're here. I fly out when i like, no sweat.
I've told my sis, come home after your M.sc and i'd get u a job where u'd earn 300k a month.

LoL, The thing is you're acting like having a "visa" is something special. I am sure most of us here don't even need Visas to go to all those countries you stated. So what point are you trying to make "I've got a visa, " Bla, Bla, Bla, No one CARES. LOL. Going to the extent of publishing your identity on the net just to prove a useless point just shows how desperate you are.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2010
Make una let us hia word ooo, all these i better pass my neighbor should stop ooo, Nigerians with their mentality, no matter where they are, the attitude of "i better pass my neighbor" no fit commot for dia body. if u like, put lipstick for pig mouth, it always remains a pig.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2010
honeric01:

Make una let us hia word ooo, all these i better pass my neighbor should stop ooo, Nigerians with their mentality, no matter where they are, the attitude of "i better pass my neighbor" no fit commot for dia body. if u like, put lipstick for pig mouth, it always remains a pig.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 12:46pm On Mar 23, 2010
Ujujoan:

grin grin grin grin

Abi i lie? wink
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:50pm On Mar 23, 2010
I don't have anything against 'foreign based Nairalanders' but frankly speaking some of them can be very stoopid and dumb. I still remember a thread that was posted by a diasporan Nairalander late last year on which he said he was coming home to  Naija very soon and he wants to know if it's safe cos he'll be moving around a lot and he has some expensive high-tech gadgets like an i-pod, rolex wristwatch etc like sey we no get all these things for Naija already.  Imagine the kain stoopid audacity. . .!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2010
semid4lyfe:

I don't have anything against 'foreign based Nairalanders' but frankly speaking some of them can be very stoopid and dumb. I still remember a thread that was posted by a diasporan Nairalander late last year on which he said he was coming home to  Naija very soon and he wants to know if it's safe cos he'll be moving around a lot and he has some expensive high-tech gadgets like an i-pod, rolex wristwatch etc like sey we no get all these things for Naija already.  Imagine the kain stoopid audacity. . .!

I read that too, i also vomited embarassed embarassed embarassed, very pathetic. cry cry cry
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
semid4lyfe:

I don't have anything against 'foreign based Nairalanders' but frankly speaking some of them can be very stoopid and dumb. I still remember a thread that was posted by a diasporan Nairalander late last year on which he said he was coming home to Naija very soon and he wants to know if it's safe cos he'll be moving around a lot and he has some expensive high-tech gadgets like an i-pod, rolex wristwatch etc like sey we no get all these things for Naija already. Imagine the kain stoopid audacity. . .!

shocked shocked shocked shocked

If you check well you'll see that they are hand-me downs from the white people they worship over there! shocked shocked shocked

Chei, we don suffer no be small!

honeric01:

Abi i lie? wink

You no lie my broda, na really 'I better pas my neighbour' dey worry them! cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2010
God dey sha. sad
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2010
If you check well you'll see that they are hand-me downs from the white people they worship over there!

Chei, we don suffer no be small!

Worship white people? Do you know some Nigerians abroad have jobs that 80% of white people wish they do?

I've told my sis, come home after your M.sc and i'd get u a job where u'd earn 300k a month.

300k a month is less than $2000. People working in call centers earn about that.

A lot of people earning #300k a month still left their jobs in Nigeria
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2010
Aqva:

@Spike

@Baddiyarh or whatever,
Don't be a fo.ool.

You have time to catch up with Naija b'cos u have nothing constructive doing. Perhaps u're unemployed or work in a mall as an attendant and i'm sure u have a Masters degree just like moi. You are a second class citizen and will die so except u come home.

As for those kids, Plat and Ohsis,

For you to buy a 7$ watch and give your family shows how poor u gals are. I can't give anything less than a 50$ item as a gift.
You probably only see the Ralph Lauren and LV stores from afar.
I don't get it, how can we fly into UK/US shop at the fancy places and u so called inhabitants only stare at those stores from the display windows?
It's almost like a life time sentence of slavery.

I hear of how little white boys close their noses when u enter the trains, it breaks my heart. U let those white trash call u monkey? Let them tell u you smell and u smile back? U're a disgrace to mankind.

Dude stop being so dense, Im a US citizen I dont carry no damm Visa, and I also have a Nigerian Passport, stop being so dumb!

See how I say you guys like to make your selves feel better?

Catch you at the Hyatt? You dont have Baller friends that you can stay with?
HAHAHahhahahhah

You think we couldnt come home if I wanted to? Ha, My home in my village is Posh homie cool
I dont want to be your boss anyway tongue

Work in a Mall? Pass the LV store? Hahahahaahaahaaaah Seriously those stores arent a big deal, Upgrade yourself foreal, u remind me of these dumb AA's who think being walking Advertisements for Vendors is being cool, and shows worth.

No it shows you're a true dunce cap grin

Do you know how much these vendors pay Chinese to make these clothes you brag about ?
Silly rabbit . . Tricks are for Kids

Shows how cheap, lol why waste money? The Rich stay rich by saving cool

I wear Chanel homie- $99 a bottle tongue

Hahahah- Managers greet me when I walk in stores, I dont touch things unless Im buying.
If I dont get correct customer Service I will leave the store grin

Hmmm white boys . .  Never had a problem with them, maybe its you thats need to shower grin

I rather earn 100k and live a nice comfortable life here than to earn 1 mil N and be scared for my life and exposing my life to elements.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Biography Of Babajide Sanwo-olu And His Wife Dr Mrs Ibijoke Sanwo-olu / Censorship: Good or Bad? / One Injured As Explosion Rocks Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.