Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,505 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (15050 Views)

African Leaders Criticize Icc For Bias Against Continent; Plans To Withdraw / What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Mudley313: 7:30am On Mar 21, 2010
Real answer is actually "all of the above" cos yea, some diasporians really are detached from reality after being away from home for so long (closest they've come, is posting on nairaland); some dont have a real interest in the country cos whatever happens there dont actually directly affect their behind. in the same vain, alotta home based naijas just spew hate out of jealousy (if u had alotta friends back home b4 u left u'd know wat i mean); ya, some have no bias whatsoever (mostly those doing good back home); while some are just embittered n hold unwarranted grudge off of being constantly denied visa

so ur answer is "all of the above"
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 21, 2010
Y'all need to chill for a minute and let the pie bake.!!!!

Jealousy? Many Nigerians at home are doing way better than the janitors acting like they all that abroad. I was born here and I live here now but to be honest, I envy some Nigerians at home. Even international students whose parents are in Nigeria paying $25k a year for their tuition are calling it jealousy? What is there to envy? I mean common! And some folks on student loan call it jealousy? Chill for a minute let the bell stop, don't gas  yourself up!!!

I think it's because many Nigerians abroad are not connected to Nigeria anymore or are faking not having anything in common with Nigerians. I mean Ranti weh you de share your gari with come de act like say your gari de smell cause him done de chop unhealthy McDonald's double cheese burger. Please!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by invisible2(m): 9:45am On Mar 21, 2010
I respect all Nigerians abroad, (I sent a good many relatives there) and appreciate their efforts. But I must say I am not comfortable with the ones that has gotten rich through crime. Those are the ones who come back and flaunt ill gotten wealth at those around them like they pick it off the street. We also don't like them 'posing' to us and looking down on people back home.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by hollandis(f): 10:01am On Mar 21, 2010
Mudley313:

u remember dat old evi-edna ogoli track  dat goes "jealousy is the root of hatred'?

Jealous because you are washing your neighbour's car for stipends and taking care of a diabetic white man that bed wets ? you must be high on your grand ma's piss. angry
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 21, 2010
hollandis:

Jealous because you are washing your neighbour's car for stipends and taking care of a diabetic white man that bed wets ? you must be high on your grand ma's piss. angry

The question was simple.

Why all the abuse towards Nigerians in Diaspora who post comments on this forum.

I could not care less what your stereotyped perceptions are of us who live abroad , which are primarily based on bad belle statements from those who attempted the journey but could not complete it.

However i am not among those Nigerians who consider living abroad as a big deal, I have investments back home and will come back at the slightest opportunity if things like security, water and electricity improve remarkably.

For me like i said and I come home regularly and have a very good job here, so I have the best of both worlds.

i do not envy those back home who have made it or those abroad who have made it, my primary goal is for my family to be comfortable with the basics of life and have a good relationship with God, anything else is Jara.

Regarding crime and fraud, 99% of fraudsters are based in Nigeria and not the other way round. Just check your emails and you will see what i mean, tens of thousands of desperados writing scam mails to people living in the west etc.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 21, 2010
hollandis:

And yes on a more serious note I will rather wash and take care of a diabetic white man ( grin grin grin grin ) and get paid on time , live in a comfortable apartment with round the clock water and electric and a reasonable meal.

I also do not have to sleep with one eye open at night, just in case armed robbers came looking for loot, and I know my car can last for 10 years from new because the roads are as smooth as a new born baby's bum.

So please on a more serious note my post was not to demean my brothers and sisters anywhere in the world, it was a curious question due to the number of comments I read here i Nairaland.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by hollandis(f): 11:07am On Mar 21, 2010
frosbel:

And yes on a more serious note I will rather wash and take care of a diabetic white man (  grin grin grin grin ) and get paid on time , live in a comfortable apartment with round the clock water and electric and a reasonable meal.

I also do not have to sleep with one eye open at night, just in case armed robbers came looking for loot, and I know my car can last for 10 years from new because the roads are as smooth as a new born baby's bum.

So please on a more serious note my post was not to demean my brothers and sisters anywhere in the world, it was a curious question due to the number of comments I read here i Nairaland.

There is a distinct difference between two types of Nigerians abroad.I am not really sure if I am correct,but there is a disparity between Nigerians born and brought abroad and Nigerias who go there in search of jobs/do their msc's/green lottery winners/those who have lived past the secondary school mark while in 9ja.

I have listened to many in the diaspora speak like THE AMAKA,richy black,beaf, and quite a handful of others and while they communicate wondrously,your likes on the other hand trigger  my hatred level to a point of wanting to constrict your jugular when you posit things.

And what makes you think living abroad is Akin to leaving in a secured environment?is it Not America that is favoured for psychotic killers that can open fire senselessly ?infact just sharaap because I never get ya time . angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 21, 2010
hollandis:

There is a distinct difference between two types of Nigerians abroad.I am not really sure if I am correct,but there is a disparity between Nigerians born and brought abroad and Nigerias who go there in search of jobs/do their msc's/green lottery winners/those who have lived past the secondary school mark while in 9ja.

I have listened to many in the diaspora speak like THE AMAKA,richy black,beaf, and quite a handful of others and while they communicate wondrously,your likes on the other hand trigger  my hatred level to a point of wanting to constrict your jugular when you posit things.

And what makes you think living abroad is Akin to leaving in a secured environment?is it Not America that is favoured for psychotic killers that can open fire senselessly ?infact just sharaap because I never get ya time . angry angry angry angry

You are angry with yourself, you guys started the abuse not me. I am only stating facts.

I already had my degree from a premier university in Nigeria before leaving for my Msc in the UK and got a good job after that.

Most Africans that come here are the ones that for the most part excel because of their background of putting academics and hardwork first.

Try and do something about that temper of yours , lol. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by hollandis(f): 11:26am On Mar 21, 2010
frosbel:

The question was simple.

Why all the abuse towards Nigerians in Diaspora who post comments on this forum.

I could not care less what your stereotyped perceptions are of us who live abroad  , which are primarily based on bad belle statements from those who attempted the journey but could not complete it.

However i am not among those Nigerians who consider living abroad as a big deal, I have investments back home and will come back at the slightest opportunity if things like security, water and electricity improve remarkably.

For me like i said and I come home regularly and have a very good job here, so I have the best of both worlds.

i do not envy those back home who have made it or those abroad who have made it, my primary goal is for my family to be comfortable with the basics of life and have a good relationship with God, anything else is Jara.

Regarding crime and fraud, 99% of fraudsters are based in Nigeria and not the other way round. Just check your emails and you will see what i mean, tens of thousands of desperados writing scam mails to people living in the west etc.

Who started the beef?

Ohhhh you are happy you did your MSC in the UK and you are now hailing the queen and slaving your black a$S for her.where did you get your statistic about the 99% thingy from?maybe the statistic also included your relatives and friends only.You got a job in the UK fine,did you think you could have ever gotten a job in Nigeria ?Only the strong survives in Nigeria,and you ran away because your future bleak ANUOFIA angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 21, 2010
hollandis:

Who started the beef?

Ohhhh you are happy you did your MSC in the UK and you are now hailing the queen and slaving your black a$S for her.where did you get your statistic about the 99% thingy from?maybe the statistic also included your relatives and friends only.You got a job in the UK fine,did you think you could have ever gotten a job in Nigeria ?Only the strong survives in Nigeria,and you ran away because your future bleak ANUOFIA angry angry angry

I ran away because of your uncle Abacha,  grin grin grin grin.

By the way I worked in a bank and manufacturing firm before I left.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2010
hollandis:

Who started the beef?

Maybe this will put you in a lighter mood.

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHbykyu7icQ&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by hollandis(f): 11:39am On Mar 21, 2010
frosbel:

I ran away because of your uncle Abacha,  grin grin grin grin.

By the way I worked in a bank and manufacturing firm before I left.

so what's so special about working in a bank?securities ,cleaners and drivers all work in the bank.
BTW the key phrase is 'you ran away'.You were obviously looking for greener pastures because you couldnt survive.
Lest I forget quit claiming that you left to seek political asylum because of Abacha,and please include 'slaving your black A$S'' to your opinion poll,so that at least you can get a vote from me.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 21, 2010
hollandis:

so what's so special about working in a bank?securities ,cleaners and drivers all work in the bank.
BTW the key phrase is 'you ran away'.You were obviously looking for greener pastures because you couldnt survive.
Lest I forget quit claiming that you left to seek political asylum because of Abacha,and please include 'slaving your black A$S'' to your opinion poll,so that at least you can get a vote from me.

Lol. I a bonafide citizen, actually of mixed parentage, which is Nigerian and English.

I know your likes, ignorant and haughty, all boast and nothing to show for it.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by mafioso2(m): 11:52am On Mar 21, 2010
@frosbel & @hollandis

UNA SEE EACH OTHER FOR DREAM grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 21, 2010
@99% faudsters are based in Nigeria says frosbel.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is why I hate to call my self diasporan or whatever Nigerians living abroad calls themselves. So all the fraudsters in the world are based in Nigeria? How about all the financial scams we are just uncovering here? OMG, thank your god I'm not God and reading this. Abacha was the reason you left? Abacha didn't even know you exist liar.  Many will lie of about the kind of jobs they do here just so they can feel better about themselves. Nigeria is bad no doubt but you are not better than Nigerians. Where is Kobojunkie? I miss debating with that woman.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 21, 2010
9jaganja:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is why I hate to call my self diasporan or whatever Nigerians living abroad calls themselves. So all the fraudsters in the world are based in Nigeria? How about all the financial scams we are just uncovering here? OMG, thank your god I'm not God and reading this. Abacha was the reason you left? Abacha didn't even know you exist liar.  Many will lie of about the kind of jobs they do here just so they can feel better about themselves. Nigeria is bad no doubt but you are not better than Nigerians. Where is Kobojunkie? I miss debating with that woman.

Are you such a dunce that you cannot read my comments, where did I quote that Nigerians living abroad are better than those in Nigeria ??   angry
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2010
frosbel:

Are you such a dunce that you cannot read my comments, where did I quote that Nigerians living abroad are better than those in Nigeria ?? Mumu. angry

OK ok ok. No insults cause I bet I can unzip my bad mouth and make you cry. And where did I say you said you are better than Nigerians? I guess your insult is really for you!!!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Afam(m): 2:09pm On Mar 21, 2010
9jaganja:

Excellent response!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Badriyyah(f): 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2010
LoL, Who cares what anyone thinks? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, most of the comments make me laugh. Just ignore the comments if you don't like it, I doubt it'll change. smiley
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by invisible2(m): 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2010
Are those living abroad richer than those in naija? I don't think so, seriously.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2010
invisible!:

Are those living abroad richer than those in naija? I don't think so, seriously.

This post was not created to compare the wealth status of Nigerians abroad to those at home.

It was created ( and I wish people will take the time to read my first post ) to understand why Nigerians abroad in some cases ( not all by the way ) were subject to insults simply because their points of view differed from those back home.

No one and i repeat no one has ever mentioned that we are richer than those back home, the crux of the matter however is that irrespective of our location we are all Nigerians and should be allowed to express our views without insults flying around.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by invisible2(m): 4:16pm On Mar 21, 2010
@frobel, I asked that question because some diasporians keep repeating the word 'jealousy' which jealousy? It may mean they are implying they are well off, hence the jealousy statement.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2010
invisible!:

@frobel, I asked that question because some diasporians keep repeating the word 'jealousy' which jealousy? It may mean they are implying they are well off, hence the jealousy statement.

Okay thanks, I only included that option because I have heard it mentioned in the past, though in all honesty i see nothing to be jealous of.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by brothlover: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2010
Heyyyyy you guys should stop this shit about beef and haters, Yall giving urself loads to carry!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by SUKKIE(m): 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2010
Well,I see a lot Asians trooping into Gidi everyday picking up staggering salaries and a few setting up their own thing.While,my comrades are clamouring for visas.It's quite understandable thou the country is marred with loads of uncertainties but u can never go wrong if u play the book in the Western world.By and large,strive for whatever floats your boat.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by sd6: 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2010
Why wont we abuse u guys. Servants of the white people. After una don lick their nyash finish u'll come here and make cynical remarks about nigeria without taking into consideration the fact that u have no firsthand experience of wat u're talkin abt. Hate it or love it, whether u were born in the white man's land, nigeria is the only country u can call urs and watever happens here affect how ur white masters look at u losers and cowards.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by MandingoII(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2010
And it is funny, because many Nigerians, especially in the Washington DC area and Houston area are quite wealthy. We Nigerians in the United States are doing well. However, I am glad, that my parents sent me back in forth from Nigeria and the United States. You get to see the best of both worlds.

This is the PROBLEM.

These people are DOING NOTHING for the Nigerians in Nigeria.

They just left their country and TOOK THEIR BRAIN with them. They turned their backs on their country for their OWN SELFISH AIMS.

So when these successful Nigerians say they are from Nigeria, They get looks like, cry

and unfortunate words about what about your country?

Then these Nigerians fell like angry

LEAVING Nigeria and not forming a Action Group to UPLIFT NIGERIA is individualist greed.

It is rooted in shame and lack of Pride in Nigeria.

The diaspora Nigerians can change this , if they REALLY wanted to.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2010
sd-6:

Why wont we abuse u guys. Servants of the white people. After una don lick their nyash finish u'll come here and make cynical remarks about nigeria without taking into consideration the fact that u have no firsthand experience of wat u're talkin abt. Hate it or love it, whether u were born in the white man's land, nigeria is the only country u can call urs and watever happens here affect how your  white masters look at u losers and cowards.

Your ignorance is phenomenal , who worships white people ?

Thats the kind of pathetic mentality that you have about people who work here. I travel to Nigeria often and I know what I am talking about, I have an avaricious interest in the affairs of Nigeria so do not think that it is only people back home who are contributing to the progress of our nation.

And by the way it is better to be a servant with dignity than have plenty by fraud.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by remoranger(m): 12:41am On Mar 22, 2010
it all depends on you

life anywhere can be both hard and desperate.
And staying abroad is not the heaven most would like to believe. I know that for a fact firsthand.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by bidemi12(m): 1:03am On Mar 22, 2010
It's all about bad belle, ignorance and jealousy. Dem never give them visa na im make dem de talk. wait make dem come here na im you go de hear another tune. WAKE UP!!!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by DrKitaun(m): 5:41am On Mar 22, 2010
^^What really do u do for a living? U sure think everyone is/ought to be crazy abt being an 'ANDREW'?

Na wao! E be like say una no know say some diasporans sef wey no be students atimes dey beg for support 4rm dem folks 4 here?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 22, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

^^What really do u do for a living? U sure think everyone is/ought to be crazy abt being an 'ANDREW'?

Na wao! E be like say una no know say some diasporans sef wey no be students atimes dey beg for support 4rm dem folks 4 here?

Hmm, not sure what you mean, it must be a real rarity.

But let’s not allow this thread degenerate into a comparative analysis of wealth status between Diasporians and Local champions.  grin grin grin

And by the way why must you add Dr. Title to your name, lol, Nigerians sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

One Injured As Explosion Rocks Osun / Censorship: Good or Bad? / Biography Of Babajide Sanwo-olu And His Wife Dr Mrs Ibijoke Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.