Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (15049 Views)

African Leaders Criticize Icc For Bias Against Continent; Plans To Withdraw / What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by DrKitaun(m): 11:48am On Mar 22, 2010
Diasporans sef!!!

How does the 'DR' in my moniker give u migraine? If u may know na diasporan like u award me the title on behalf NLERs- (SAURON)

kapish?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by ogajim(m): 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2010
WOW, even among Nigerians there can be this much HATE?

mandingo, who invited you here? Your Nigerian landlord or your Nigerian baby mama?

I was in Nigeria recently, returned a couple of weeks ago so don't tell me we don't know what obtains in Nigeria, no matter how successful one is in diaspora, there is still that sense of " i wish I could have done this in Nigeria", How silly is it for someone to imply that all diasporans wash dead bodies and take care of old folks?(nothing wrong with making an HONEST living), that same IDIOT won't hesitate to run out of the country if he could obtain a visa, I stopped by the Immigration HQ, what did all those people need a passport for? Not to talk of the lines at the various embassies! Who is kidding who?

Those of us that critique the leadership or lack thereof are showing much LOVE, those that don't care should be blamed. I visit Europe often but still can't speak for those there but I can speak for the good 'ol USA and no one can be a free loader here unless you're named "mandingo", those guys who come home flaunting it are either cab drivers or lucky 419 folks who are not in jail yet, majority of us change into Nigerian clothes as soon as we can when we visit.

Nigeria is what joins us all together whether we like it or not. Diasporans account for $50 Billion at the very least of Nigeria's foreign exchange earnings(FACT).
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Beaf: 2:16pm On Mar 22, 2010
Ibori invented the phrase "Nigerians in the diaspora" when they were showing him and Aondoakaa pepper in London. NL sycophants, madmen and govt gorilla's mutated the phrase to "diasporic Nigerians" (it sounds more like an insult, you see).
The people that feel threatened enough to segregate against their own countrywomen and men in such a malicious and low down dirty way are members of the cabal and other corrupt scum. It isn't hard to see why; the most of the effective resistance to the vile goings-on in the country have been organised and launched abroad.

With the above in mind, it is very amusing, even ridiculous, to see ordinary Nigerians getting caught in this bullsh!t. Since the ordinary Nigerian isn't under the sort of moral threat mentioned above, it can only be concluded that their reasons have not been thoroughly thought out and they are only following a bandwagon that leads to a cliff. Every Nigerian is as important and useful to the country as the next, whether they are live by the Niger or by the Limpopo, whether they are in Abuja or New York.

Lets stop talking this "diaspora" rubbish, it makes us look small-minded; we are all Nigerians.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 22, 2010
Beaf:

Ibori invented the phrase "Nigerians in the diaspora" when they were showing him and Aondoakaa pepper in London. NL sycophants, madmen and govt gorilla's mutated the phrase to "diasporic Nigerians" (it sounds more like an insult, you see).
The people that feel threatened enough to segregate against their own countrywomen and men in such a malicious and low down dirty way are members of the cabal and other corrupt scum. It isn't hard to see why; the most of the effective resistance to the vile goings-on in the country have been organised and launched abroad.

With the above in mind, it is very amusing, even ridiculous, to see ordinary Nigerians getting caught in this bullsh!t. Since the ordinary Nigerian isn't under the sort of moral threat mentioned above, it can only be concluded that their reasons have not been thoroughly thought out and they are only following a bandwagon that leads to a cliff. Every Nigerian is as important and useful to the country as the next, whether they are live by the Niger or by the Limpopo, whether they are in Abuja or New York.

Lets stop talking this "diaspora" rubbish, it makes us look small-minded; we are all Nigerians.

A commendable contribution. But remember that the term Diaspora is not an insult in anyway.

3. Diaspora
a. A dispersion of a people from their original homeland.
b. The community formed by such a people

However I agree with you wholeheartedly that we are one and the same. It is also necessary for Nairalanders to stop raining abuse at Diasporans at the slightest opportunity simply because we have different points of view.

This was indeed the essence of this article.

We have now flogged the dead horse to death, lol. wink

Issue can be laid to rest.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2010
Funny thread. Thread starter na first class i take dey go UK anytime i want. I shop at Harolds, all the fancy stores like CK, LV and Ralph Lauren.
I use almost 1,000 pounds to settle my friends, neices and nephews anytime i want to return to Naija. Come to Abj and Lagos and see men spending 100k on drinks, you go try am there? except u wanna file for bankruptcy. . .LOL

I'm not a politician or fraudstaer, i run my own company and God has blessed me wella.
I have my personal house in Abuja and 2 'tear rubber' cars. It will be insane for me to be jealous of someone living in a tiny apartment at Peckham.
On the contrary, my diaspora friends envy me and their common phrase is 'oh boy show us way now make we come Naija, suffer dey here oh"

I sympathize with people living abroad sha, the cold and all. True, you have good roads, constant power and cheap food but you guys are just struggling to stay alive. When next you come to Naija, i'll give you treats, i swear you nor go wan go back. LOL
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2010
Aqva:

Funny thread. Thread starter na first class i take dey go UK anytime i want. I shop at Harolds, all the fancy stores like CK, LV and Ralph Lauren.
I use almost 1,000 pounds to settle my friends, neices and nephews anytime i want to return to Naija. Come to Abj and Lagos and see men spending 100k on drinks, you go try am there? except u wanna file for bankruptcy. . .LOL

I'm not a politician or fraudstaer, i run my own company and God has blessed me wella.
I have my personal house in Abuja and 2 'tear rubber' cars. It will be insane for me to be jealous of someone living in a tiny apartment at Peckham.
On the contrary, my diaspora friends envy me and their common phrase is 'oh boy show us way now make we come Naija, suffer dey here oh"

I sympathize with people living abroad sha, the cold and all. True, you have good roads, constant power and cheap food but you guys are just struggling to stay alive. When next you come to Naija, i'll give you treats, i swear you nor go wan go back. LOL

Its funny how all you living in Nigeria love to assume that we are doing menial jobs Abroad.
Do you lie to yourselves to make yourselves feel better?
I never did a menial job.
I'm not even 25 and I can bet I make more money than some of your parents in here!
Jealously indeed!

I laugh in the heated seats of my car grin grin

MandingoII (m)
AMERIKKKA

Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ?
« #58 on: Yesterday at 11:26:56 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And it is funny, because many Nigerians, especially in the Washington DC area and Houston area are quite wealthy. We Nigerians in the United States are doing well. However, I am glad, that my parents sent me back in forth from Nigeria and the United States. You get to see the best of both worlds.

This is the PROBLEM.

These people are DOING NOTHING for the Nigerians in Nigeria.

They just left their country and TOOK THEIR BRAIN with them.  They turned their backs on their country for their OWN SELFISH AIMS.

So when these successful Nigerians say they are from Nigeria, They get looks like, 

and unfortunate words about what about your country?

Then these Nigerians fell like

LEAVING Nigeria and not forming a Action Group to UPLIFT NIGERIA is individualist greed.

It is rooted in shame and lack of Pride in Nigeria.

The diaspora Nigerians can change this ,  if they REALLY wanted to

^^We want the Country to split, I cannot work and earn my degrees and come home and die from Malaria or a machete from a Fulani lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Its funny how all you living in Nigeria love to assume that we are doing menial jobs Abroad.
I'm not even 25 and I can bet I make more money than some of your parents in here!
Jealously indeed!

[b]I laugh in the heated seats of my ca[/b]r grin grin
LMAO
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2010
Besides with all the "wealth" Nigeria has it is still crappy  cheesy

Take some of that money you have and fix your towns etc, the way you people talk, Nigeria should have been paved in gold.

cool
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Besides with all the "wealth" Nigeria has it is still crappy  cheesy

Take some of that money you have and fix your towns etc, the way you people talk, Nigeria should have been paved in gold.

cool
You, LOL
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by 18platoon(m): 3:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
@frosbel, i can only take you serious when stop hating MUSLIMS.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2010
ibkaye:

LMAO

ibkaye:

You, LOL

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2010
18 platoon:

@frosbel, i can only take you serious when stop hating MUSLIMS.

I have stated so many times that I do not hate muslims , I only have a problem with militant Islam that is trying to invade my space.

Some of my best friends are muslims, and I am dead serious, no joke.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 22, 2010
Give me a sec let me rush to specsavers, I cannot see my poll that I setup for votes. Its dissapeared.

shocked shocked shocked

Must be a problem with my eyesight or could it be that Kosovo removed it ?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Jealously indeed!

^^We want the Country to split, I cannot work and earn my degrees and come home and die from Malaria or a machete from a Fulani lipsrsealed

No need for the insults , lets keep this as a mature discussion.

Do you mind if I say 'grow up ' grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 22, 2010
Jealously indeed!

I laugh in the heated seats of my car

Your car you proudly talk about will be a battered mini cooper. . .LOL
Come and feel the interior of my Mercedes AMG. Little girl.

Take it or leave it, you're all struggling. My lil sis schools at University of Exeter. I pay her fees and give her alawee.
She still engages in small jobs to increase her income, i feel so much for her. Na so 90% of una be.

If you're not a licenced GP you should probably keep quiet as a level 10 officer in the FG civil service lives far better than you.
Small girl restrict your conversations to that of your peers, i can feed your generation with my one week profit. I swear !!!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by 18platoon(m): 3:10pm On Mar 22, 2010
@frosbel, thanks for the clarification, its just just that i noticed ISLAMOPHOBIA in many of your posts, i can see your point of arguement, militancy does nobody any good, ISLAMIC OR OTHERWISE.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2010
@platiniumnk, what job are you doing to be able to earn more than some of our parents?

Maybe she hawks her body?   grin
How much does a bj cost these days? Probably 10 pounds, full blown se.x maybe 30pounds.
That's still peanut miss, you must have to wear yourself out day in day out for you to talk about being richer than anybody's parents.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2010
frosbel:

No need for the insults , lets keep this as a mature discussion.

Do you mind if I say 'grow up ' grin

Hell no! hah they started insulting first na!
Is it because Ive stop paying their school fees now they have the guts to open their mouths grin grin grin grin

Aqva:

Your car you proudly talk about will be a battered mini cooper. . .LOL
Come and feel the interior of my Mercedes AMG. Little girl.

Take it or leave it, you're all struggling. My lil sis schools at University of Exeter. I pay her fees and give her alawee.
She still engages in small jobs to increase her income, i feel so much for her. Na so 90% of una be.

If you're not a licenced GP you should probably keep quiet as a level 10 officer in the FG civil service lives far better than you.
Small girl restrict your conversations to that of your peers, i can feed your generation with my one week profit. I swear !!!
Struggle for what? Most Nigerian women I know are nurses, they earn 60- 70k a year.
Stop talking what you dont know.
You have one Benz for your family, keep sharing  cool

Small Girl? hahahah you defintely dont sabi me cool

-Im kinda mad  with you haters, Im real dissapointed . .  cuz what you didnt tell the people is . .  .

I GOT PLENTY MONEY- Plies grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by 0hsisi: 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
I smell a lot of jealousy
The same Nigerians in Nigeria will be trooping to the embassy under differet names to "try their luck" at the embassies
Today he is Sylvanus Okoronkwo
Tomorrow Alhaji Hassan Nuru with  bia bia
another day he is Christopher Adelaja
The same man o
Even if means tying gele to appear as Funke Nwankwo with lipstick,he will.
Abeg make we hear sumtin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
Aqva:

Maybe she hawks her body? grin
How much does a bj cost these days? Probably 10 pounds, full blown se.x maybe 30pounds.
That's still peanut miss, you must have to wear yourself out day in day out for you to talk about being richer than anybody's parents.

Stop thinking about your local Uni Girls- think bigger cool

I know its hard grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 3:20pm On Mar 22, 2010
0hsisi:

The same Nigerians in Nigeria will be trooping to the embassy under differet names to "try their luck" at the embassies
Today he is Sylvanus Okor
Tomorrow Alhaji Hassan Nuru with bia bia
The same man o
Abeg make we hear sumtin

NA U SABI!!!!!!!!!!!
**Dies** grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2010
Aqva:

Maybe she hawks her body? grin

You guys no need for that okay? Some women actually earn well by doing working decent jobs!

platinumnk:

Jealously indeed!

As for your comments Plat, nobody's lying about anything here. There is no doubt that living abroad has a lot of attractions, but there's no reason to think that the people living in Nigeria are of a lesser class.

I dont subcribe to people mocking others about how they earn their living, both home abd broad, but there is no denying the fact that some people have better opportunities than you do here in Nigeria.

That being said, you might earn better than my mother who is a pensionier, but I doubt it that is something you should brag about!  undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by 0hsisi: 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Hell no! hah they started insulting first na!
Is it because Ive stop paying their school fees now they have the guts to open their mouths grin grin grin grin
Struggle for what? Most Nigerian women I know are nurses, they earn 60- 70k a year.
Stop talking what you dont know.
You have one Benz for your family, keep sharing  cool

Small Girl? hahahah you defintely dont sabi me cool

-Im kinda mad  with you haters, Im real dissapointed . .  cuz what you didnt tell the people is . .  .

I GOT PLENTY MONEY- Plies grin grin grin

Try and go home
These same Nigerians that claim they have heaven and earth will be showing you off as their friend that returned from America.
Give them just one packet of danish butter cookies,they will go and hide it somewhere from the rest of the family grin
and eat it half a cookie at a time grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2010
0hsisi:

Try and go home
These same Nigerians that claim they have heaven and earth will be showing you off as their friend that returned from America.
Give them just one packet of danish butter cookies,they will go and hide it somewhere from the rest of the family grin
and eat it half a cookie at a time grin

Dammm u too !!?? I thought I was the only one grin grin

Ujujoan:

As for your comments Plat, nobody's lying about anything here. There is no doubt that living abroad has a lot of attractions, but there's no reason to think that the people living in Nigeria are of a lesser class.

I dont subcribe to people mocking others about how they earn their living, both home abd broad, but there is no denying the fact that some people have better opportunities than you do here in Nigeria.

That being said, you might earn better than my mother who is a pensionier, but I doubt it that is something you should brag about! undecided

I still say you guys are lyin to yourselves in Nigeria! How come there are 3 pages that assert us as Prostitutes or Janitors?

Since when?

If being a Janitor earns enough to drive a Range Rover, then hell Im in the wrong field cheesy

Please tell me what opportunities? Kidnappers? Armed Robbery?
Why are our graduates roaming the streets?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2010
Its only when someone starts speaking the truth, then yall say im insulting!

Like I said before!

The way you describe "wealth" Nigeria should have been paved in Gold. cool
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2010
Today he is Sylvanus Okor
Tomorrow Alhaji Hassan Nuru with  bia bia
The same man o
Abeg make we hear sumtin

Is that how u left? It's shameful. I have a 5yrs UK visa, 6mths US visa and a German visa on my P right now yet i'm at my cozy office in Asokoro.
Too bad u had to go through that process.

Try and go home
Give them just one packet of danish butter cookies,they will go and hide it somewhere from the rest of the family Grin
and eat it half a cookie at a time

Your hometown and family must be backward. If a McDonalds staff is their shinning star, i pity una.
With my fab life, i'm still a smallie in the family.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2010
Aqva:

Is that how u left? It's shameful. I have a 5yrs UK visa, 6mths US visa and a German visa on my P right now yet i'm at my cozy office in Asokoro.
Too bad u had to go through that process.

Your hometown and family must be backward. If a McDonalds staff is their shinning star, i pity una.
With my fab life, i'm still a smallie in the family.

You and delusions, sitting there in a cafe paying 200 N a hour grin
Who dash you visa grin grin grin grin Was it Obama? grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2010
Some of you have a point sha. People here do envy those abroad. Those of u from poor homes will definitely be envied by your relatives.
Some people still see abroad as a place paved with gold. A girl i know has started sending TM Lewin shirts to Naija to sell to help augment her income, she is complaining about the so called economic crisis.

Ohsis and Plat, do me a favour, scout for an apartment that is up for sale in London and give me the location and addy of the Realtor. I want to buy a house and i promise to give you !% of the cost of the house. That might improve your miserable lives. Again, that might cause more envy for you from your wretched relatives.  grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Beaf: 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

You and delusions, sitting there in a cafe paying 200 N a hour grin
Who dash you visa grin grin grin grin Was it Obama? grin

Unu go finish pesin wit laf o!
Aqva, take Panadol, ok? . . .Veeeeery painful!!!!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
Aqva:

Some of you have a point sha. People here do envy those abroad. Those of u from poor homes will definitely be envied by your relatives.
Some people still see abroad as a place paved with gold. A girl i know has started sending TM Lewin shirts to Naija to sell to help augment her income, she is complaining about the so called economic crisis.

Ohsis and Plat, do me a favour, scout for an apartment that is up for sale in London and give me the location and addy of the Realtor. I want to buy a house and i promise to give you !% of the cost of the house. That might improve your miserable lives. Again, that might cause more envy for you from your wretched relatives.  grin

My father owns apartments, lemme check with him cool
I think Ossis too as well, if im not mistaken grin

ahahahaha its on front page, get ready for war grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by alamsdee: 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
living in Nigeria or where ever is not the issue, the issue is approaching the age of 50 Yrs of being an Independent nation, what have we achieved as a country, i now live in a society where everyone is equal, no one is above the law, equal opportunities for employment, health, freedom of religion, enviable social amenities, sometimes i weep for my country, we complain of racism and bn looked down by the western world, why should we be respected amongst the league of nations thats another big question, a flashback to the recent activites in Jos, the boko haram in borno state, the niger-delta, its so shocking, we hate each other because of our different tribes and cultures, differing views in religion, we vote our friends, tribes men/women into political offices just because of the selfish individual gains we will gain, with the obvious knowledge that those we are voting into office have no political ambition than to loot the public treasury, we are now sitting here typing about living in Nigeria or abroad, the question is living in nigeria or overseas what have we done to improve the the entity called Nigeria, we've bn and lived in countries that have good transportation systems, telecommunications, health and welfare packages, what do we have in Nigeria How many Nigerians can accept to have thier salaries slashed by 40% in form of taxes to take care of the less priviledged in Nigeria. WHEN WILL NIGERIA GROW ITS HIGH TIME WE CHANGE OUR DESTINY AS A NATION, we cannot afford to have Nigeria referred to as a failed state, let us all contribute our quota both at home and abroad, I rest my case my fellow NIGERIANS,
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2010
You and delusions, sitting there in a cafe paying 200 N  a hour Grin
Who dash you visa

How did you leave naija? By land? through the sahara or what?
Even Op doesn't see living in the diaspora as living in heaven. Ur community must have donated to send u abroad.
Thats the only way to explain ur warped view of living in Peckham.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

One Injured As Explosion Rocks Osun / Censorship: Good or Bad? / Biography Of Babajide Sanwo-olu And His Wife Dr Mrs Ibijoke Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.