Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (15106 Views)

African Leaders Criticize Icc For Bias Against Continent; Plans To Withdraw / What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
dayokanu:

Why cant you Night crawl. I can wake up here and decide to go out at 2am without fearing nothing

Do u know that alot of Nigerians sleep outside, in their compounds when there's heat? because of the breeze, alot sleep outside, so it's not like robbers wake about the whole of Nigeria, they always have targets and when there's no targets for them, they strike banks. (but now, both is becoming hard, so they are mostly running to [size=4pt]Naija delta[/size] and yahooing cool)
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
You mean the ones in ABule Egba who obtain cell phones are gone, Or the ones who use Okada to rob people of their petty belongings in Agege-Fagba and Agbado Station axis?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
dayokanu:

You mean the ones in ABule Egba who obtain cell phones are gone, Or the ones who use Okada to rob people of their petty belongings in Agege-Fagba and Agbado Station axis?

When last did you hear of that? i mean, have you been robbed by these people of recent?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2010
honeric01:

Do u know that alot of Nigerians sleep outside, in their compounds when there's heat? because of the breeze, alot sleep outside, so it's not like robbers wake about the whole of Nigeria, they always have targets and when there's no targets for them, they strike banks. (but now, both is becoming hard, so they are mostly running to [size=4pt]Naija delta[/size] and yahooing cool)

Yeah we can sleep outside, my late grandma always slept outside lol
but we have a gate and a gatemen grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2010
platinumnk:

Yeah we can sleep outside, my late grandma always slept outside lol
but we have a gate and a gatemen grin grin

And what's the gate and the gateman suppose to do if there were robbers around?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2010
honeric01:

And what's the gate and the gateman suppose to do if there were robbers around?
Well its kinda gonna be hard to get over the gate but if they did, it would give us enough warning to lock upstairs.
(Its pretty secure)
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2010
platinumnk:

Well its kinda gonna be hard to get over the gate but if they did, it would give us enough warning to lock upstairs.
(Its pretty secure)

And that would secure you? locking the doors? have you ever seen a giant sledge hammer before? undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2010
honeric01:

And that would secure you? locking the doors? have you ever seen a giant sledge hammer before? undecided

no lipsrsealed and I hope I never see one. and ummm by the time they finish putting a dent in the doors they will be tired and leave grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
To each his own.

I'm an Irish citizen. I 'm also a Naija citizen.
Schooled in the UK and worked briefly there too.

Truth is i prefer naija a thousand times.
I chose to relocate and have no regrets (even though oga is still unhappy with me).

Wahala of living abroad:
Cold, discrimination (let's don't deceive ourselves), heavy taxation, annoying tickets etc.

Wahala of living in Naija:
Nepa, insecurity, fuel wahala, bad roads etc.

If you have your money, Naija is the best place to live.
Maybe i'm talking like this because i know i can always run back if things get bad. . . cheesy

I love Naija sha.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

To each his own.

I'm an Irish citizen. I 'm also a Naija citizen.
Schooled in the UK and worked briefly there too.

Jeeeeeeeeeez. . . . .U were one of those folks buying/selling pregnancy in Ireland around 2002? grin grin grin grin

Truth is i prefer naija a thousand times.
I chose to relocate and have no regrets (even though oga is still unhappy with me).

I also prefer Nigeria but i cannot but miss Man Utd's games.
HITV/DSTV wahala is the number one problem i have got with Naija.

Wahala of living abroad:
Cold, discrimination (let's don't deceive ourselves), heavy taxation, annoying tickets etc.

Cold - Buy a heater.
Discrimination - U dunno your rights. I have as much rights as Gordon Brown.
Taxation - It keeps the residents safe. Good roads, constant light, public services, etc tec.
Tickets - You don't have to drive to work. Buy your Oyster Card and get friendly with Jubilee Line. grin

Wahala of living in Naija:
Nepa, insecurity, fuel wahala, bad roads etc.

Nepa - Hell
Insecurity - Double hell
Fuel wahala - Armageddon
Bad roads - Death traps.

If you have your money, Naija is the best place to live.
Maybe i'm talking like this because i know i can always run back if things get bad. . . cheesy

To live comfortably in Naija, you will need 5 times as much as you earn in the UK.

I love Naija sha.

I love Naija too but the Government don't love us.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2010
Jeeeeeeeeeez. . . . .U were one of those folks buying/selling pregnancy in Ireland around 2002?

Nor be me and you.  grin

I also prefer Nigeria but i cannot but miss Man Utd's games.
HITV/DSTV wahala is the number one problem i have got with Naija.

Just buy both, it's 15k a month for both.
My main issue is no super fast internet.

Nepa - Hell
Insecurity - Double hell
Fuel wahala - Armageddon
Bad roads - Death traps.

Nepa. . .get a gen
Insecurity. . .think 9/11  grin
Fuel wahala. . .buy black market (sad sha for an OPC)
Bad roads. . .buy a 4WD

To live comfortably in Naija, you will need 5 times as much as you earn in the UK.

With my income in the UK, i was managing.

Deduct all the bills and i have just enough to tide me along till the next pay check comes.
If not for discipline, i woulda run into serious credit card debts.

Now in Naija, i can save as much for anything i want.
I have a thriving business which triples my income (try opening a biz in the UK).

I'm doing x 100 better than i was doing abroad.
Like i said to each his own. I doubt if i can live abroad for a year straight.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Nor be me and you. grin

U better fess up now. . . . . grin

With my income in the UK, i was managing.

Why do you need to be excessive in the first place?
Why need 7 cars when 2 should do? The mentality is different here unlike Naija where Chief Kalu owns 500 cars in his yard. grin

Deduct all the bills and i have just enough to tide me along till the next pay check comes.
If not for discipline, i woulda run into serious credit card debts.

If you do your calculations properly, the cost of living in Nigeria is worse.
If you add up the random intangibles and miscellaneous people spend money on, i'd rather be here.
I can bet you have been to the mechanic more than 10 times this month whereas i have not opened ma bonnet for over 9 months.

Now in Naija, i can save as much for anything i want.
I have a thriving business which triples my income (try opening a biz in the UK).

I hope to God this business is NOT kidnapping of foreign nationals in Shell/Agip/ExxonMobil. grin

I'm doing x 1000 better than i was doing abroad.
Like i said to each his own. I doubt if i can live abroad for a year straight.

Cheese n Rice. . . . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Bluediva, i am calling your cellphone now. What is the secret? tongue
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ sauron, so fast to quote me?
I edited some stuff.

Ok, it's like this for me.

I hate all the countless rules and laws to obey.

I hate the useless UK weather, worst in the world.

I hate all those bills they put in my box.

I hate all those camera's watching you.

I hate the look the old folks still give us blacks (in my case, half black)

I hate having to calculate every penny i'm gonna spend.

I could go on and on.

As for my biz,
I run an event management business and i have a shop that sells luxury items in Abj.
Try buying a Polo RL top  for $60 during sales. Your Abj people will buy it at N14,000.  wink
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 23, 2010

Nope not really the rules and laws are what make the UK a relatively peaceful and civilised country, remove them and you are back to Nigeria standards.

In a way yes, in a way no, I love spring and summer and autumn, winter is bearable for 4 months.

But it is those bills that keep the infrastructure in tip top shape, which is why we have 24/7 water, light etc etc

If you no be ole wetin be ya own , lol

Like you I am also mixed race, but I do not care what looks whites give me, sure you get sometimes, just look away they do not pay your bills and are not better than any of us.

Same here , thats life, lol.  grin grin grin grin

I could go on and on.

Please don't go on, the stress is bad enough  grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2010

Are you a lawless citizen? grin

have you been to Kano state and Maiduguri before?

You used the utilities, so you have to pay for it. Sorry no hookup for NEPA meter and telephone

What are you hiding, Are you smuggling Sauron into your house through the backdoor?

No one has the monopoly of looks. Look your own back!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats wrong with applying the Maths you learnt in college. I am sure you prefer spraying money for Wasiu and Osita Osadebey

I could go on and on.

As for my biz,
I run an event management business and i have a shop that sells luxury items in Abj.
Try buying a Polo RL top  for $60 during sales. Your Abj people will buy it at N14,000

The same shirts folks in Nigeria are bragging about? So you are taking advantage of them.

Can anyone make money without being shady or blowing profits outta proportion.

Are you not taking advantage of the system in Nigeria?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 8:40pm On Mar 23, 2010
Yes, bluediva, to each his/her own, what works for some might not work for others, its got to do with everyone's mindset, whatever you believe is good for you remains good and whatever is bad for you remain bad.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
platinumnk:

no lipsrsealed and I hope I never see one. and ummm by the time they finish putting a dent in the doors they will be tired and leave grin

lol, you don't know what you are saying, a huge sledge hammer would displace that front from a single hit.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 23, 2010
Lol at replies.

Naija is for the fast bucks people.
Fortunately or unfortunately, i fall into that group.

I'm pursuing a contract now in Abj,
If i manage to get it, i can feed the whole Nairaland for a week.

Only in Naija can you make so much profit.
Hate me or not, i speak the truth, the system is here for you to take advantage of.

What do they do for me an Irish subject?
Free milk for my kids, reduced education cost for me, unemployment benefits (only fools will want that) and what else? Rubbish.
I love my Naija, i nor go lie. . . cheesy wink
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Sauron1: 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

@ sauron, so fast to quote me?
I edited some stuff.

I could go on and on.

As for my biz,
Try buying a Polo RL top  for $60 during sales. Your Abj people will buy it at N14,000.  wink

I feel you Bluediva. . . . .Just do your thang!!!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 8:57pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Lol at replies.

Hate me or not, i speak the truth, the system is here for you to take advantage of.

Bluediva abeg hook your boy up nau? grin grin grin
I dey come naija soon, i'm relying on you to link me up ooo wink wink wink
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2010
Lol at replies.

Take advantage of the system while the populace still suffer more

And buy a generator as big as National stadium. WHat collateral are you dropping for the CON-T

I cant hate you for it. but boils back to the same thing Tell me how its possible to live a better life in Nigeria without taking advantage of the system

What do they do for me an Irish subject?
Free milk for my kids, reduced education cost for me,

In Nigeria when 1 month old babies have to learn how to eat eba and ogbono they would appreciate the milk or where u have to pay exorbitant amounts for a decent sch

I love my Naija, i nor go lie. . .

Easy to say from the comfort of Transcorp Hilton, Why wont I say God bless Iraq if I am making zillions supplying arms?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2010
Bluediva abeg hook your boy up nau?
I dey come naija soon, i'm relying on you to link me up ooo

She might need a houseboy while she is there
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 9:05pm On Mar 23, 2010
lol chimp, you wan do boi boi? undecided tongue
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2010
Dk wan kill me with laugh.
You're a case.

And buy a generator as big as National stadium. WHat collateral are you dropping for the CON-T

There are ways round it.
At the end, the important question is what returns are you willing to give to the people that matter?

Three things that frustrates me here.
1. Nepa
2. Slow and unreliable internet (even when they claim it's broadband.
3. Malaria, i hate it when my kids and I have malaria. I hate it with a passion.

Bluediva abeg hook your boy up nau?
I dey come naija soon, i'm relying on you to link me up ooo

Ok, we go go see Yar'adua together.  grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2010
lol chimp, you wan do boi boi?

He studied Boi boi in school
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
dayokanu:

She might need a houseboy while she is there
Why don't you apply abi? undecided

honeric01:

lol chimp, you wan do boi boi? undecided tongue
Oh bwoi if you get runs for there abeg hook you me up oooo wink smiley

BlueDiva:

Ok, we go go see Yar'adua together.  grin grin
I no trust his Aso Rock gun crazy aids oo undecided
Heck I might as well take the risk. Notify me before ou leave ooo, man must chop jare wink wink
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2010
dayokanu:

He studied Boi boi in school

Ah, he get degree for boi boism cool

chic2pimp:

Oh bwoi if you get runs for there abeg hook you me up oooo wink smiley

Ah ok, can you hawk campaign posters?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
honeric01:

Ah ok, can you hawk campaign posters?
How much are you willing to pay? undecided
If nah 1 million naira per mouth, count me in
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

How much are you willing to pay? undecided
If nah 1 million naira per mouth, count me in

Really? okay, you should know the conditions before hand, you will have to post campaign posters of our party which reads "Woe to Islam, Ekankar is the way to life" (written in Hausa language) and must be posted by you (yes you) all over the northern part of Nigeria every Friday (10am-12:55pm).

Salary is #2.5m per month.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2010
honeric01:

lol, you don't know what you are saying, a huge sledge hammer would displace that front from a single hit.
We dont have wooden doors cool

hmmmm
Hmmm Contracts undecided , My uncle was given a contract, finished it with stout.
Typical Nigeria, lots of money wasting everywhere

@Dayo- I hope you're not in the medical field o-
Obama just signed the Health Care Bill undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 23, 2010
Hmmm Contracts Undecided , My uncle was given a contract, finished it with stout.
Typical Nigeria, lots of money wasting everywhere

Who's your uncle?
We're talking important people here not some. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 9:56pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Dayo- I hope you're not in the medical field o-
Obama just signed the Health Care Bill

Medical field I cant stand the sight of blood and people crying

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

5 Simple Goals You Can Still Achieve This Year / How Do You Control Your Anger When Seriously Provoked? / Fingering And Masterbation: Cons And Pros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.