Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" (31209 Views)

Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators / Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 8:20am On Nov 18, 2017
Hector09:
So there is ijaws at edo state eh, i luv them cus they are not coward thou i am an ikwerre man
Yea in the riverine part of the state, there are also Ijaws in ondo state(Arogbo & Apoi) its poor state creation that put them there, unless yorubas will say that the yorubas in the north are settlers too

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by itsRhamzy: 8:20am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:
Fear don dey catch Obaseki, try any rubbish, and meet a situation uglier than your face
who are you to call someone ugly?
Na you create am?

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by loopman: 8:20am On Nov 18, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

Your opinion PDP lackey.

Bros, calm down. Don’t involve Yorubas in this..just not yet.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 8:26am On Nov 18, 2017
itsRhamzy:
Na you create am?
Is this beautiful to you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Elnino4ladies: 8:26am On Nov 18, 2017
Ijaws are too troublesome

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 8:27am On Nov 18, 2017
itsRhamzy:
Na you create am?
Is this handsome to u

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by henryhemon(m): 8:32am On Nov 18, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
I'm from the Ijaw parts of Akwa ibom state and i support the ijaws on this. We will never stand and watch how our brothers are marginalized there in their ancestral land.
Obaseki and the caged Oba should back off.
Cc TonyeBarcanista

Ijaw in Akwa ibom? Hearing this for the first time,which part is that?

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by OAUTemitayo: 8:36am On Nov 18, 2017
loopman:

Bros, calm down. Don’t involve Yorubas in this..just not yet.
Lol
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 8:38am On Nov 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

There is no sugar coating it ijews and fulanis are the problem with Nigeria
keep quiet brother.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 8:39am On Nov 18, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Ijaws are too troublesome
we r not

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by AleAirHub(m): 8:41am On Nov 18, 2017
Don't mind those lazy sect of tribes...
Edo state govt will treat and protect law abiding citizen of the state and treat those who try to disturbed the peace of the state as deadly criminals.....
Ób’ówie

Bari22:
ijaw and trouble

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Xisnin(m): 8:42am On Nov 18, 2017
obonujoker:
Honestly it would be better if this country is divided....

cheesy
Mr Joker, I bet your village also deserves to be a country.
So much comic.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Godjone(m): 8:42am On Nov 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

There is no sugar coating it ijews and fulanis are the problem with Nigeria
WILL YOU SHUT THAT GUTTER
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Dantedasz(m): 8:42am On Nov 18, 2017
If you want to know the character of a typical Ijaw man visit Ogbeh Ijaw community in Warri. Their land grabbing, hostile and violent nature is legendary.

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Xisnin(m): 8:42am On Nov 18, 2017
greatface:
Why is it that no tribe lives peacefully with the other in Nigeria?

Because the government is too soft on integration.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by obonujoker(m): 8:43am On Nov 18, 2017
Xisnin:

cheesy
Mr Joker, I bet your village also deserves to be a country.
So much comic.

Yes... at least we will make sure everyone is educated....
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nnamdiojukwu: 8:43am On Nov 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Nobody is interested in oppressing any law abiding Ijaws in Edo State. But any criminals coming from far away Ijaw land to derail the seaport project would be dealt with severely.

Why would a people be so backward. It's just terrible. If anything good wants to be built, Ijaws would just want to disrupt it. That's how the Oil and Gas free zone which was to be built in Escravos was derailed because of the stupid argument that Ijaws chose to have with itsekiri. Now Jonathan left and the project that would have created thousands upon thousands of jobs has been abandoned.
The Brass LNG project also has been abandoned. Not a single project in anywhere Ijaws exist. Bayelsa with all its allocation is probably the worst state in the South. It appears like the Ijaws are the Northerners of Southern Nigeria.
You finally spoiled your comments with the last statement,can you mention one or two projects northners worked against?

Apart from the criminals/bokoharam moving with cattle, how many militants group do you know in the north?
Ijaw are pirates, we are not.

Ijaw are oil thief's we are not.

Ijaw are kidnappers we are not.

Ijaw hate good things we are not.

Next time check your facts before mentioning a geopolitical zone.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Tamakay(m): 8:44am On Nov 18, 2017
Ijaws are used to empty threats like this. The first time the governor said he's gonna arrest them and up till now he has not made any arrest. All these are happening because of negligence on the part of Edo State Government. The Ijaws in the state are never allowed to be in the scheme of things in the state not knowing God has deposited some natural resources for them to depend on. I know the Ijaws of Okomu, Egbema, Olodiama, Furupa etc can contain Obaseki and his cohorts until another rescue team from Delta, BAYELSA, Ondo, Rivers, Cross River.
When it is time to develop Ijaw communities, they will say the topography is difficult to developed but you take their God given resources to develop other areas in the state. If you actually care for the Ijaws, how come the state government don't know when they were planning to install their own King? Is it now that his negligence of the people has come to the fore he's now playing to the gallery? For your information, the more you issue threat to an Ijaw man the more you ginger him.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by rolly44: 8:44am On Nov 18, 2017
Some time when pepeople speak u just get their hate mode from their tune, you recognise the ijaws as dwellers in your state as what? Strangers, if delta state was cut among beni obaseki would have called all urhobos and itsekiris as beni, the oba of beni is for beni people why will he extend his rule to other tribes, it is clear that obaseki is enviouse of the ijaws, if he knows the ancestra history of the ijaws he would have stay calm, any where the jaw occupied crude oil also occupied, the only local government that producess oil in edo is occupied by ijaw. check the record, in ondo, edo, bayelsa, rivers akwa ibom just check, it shows tha it is becaouse of the ijaw that we enjoy these blessings harming them is to harm your blessings, if ijaws leave nigeria today oil will dry off, it is thier glory everyone lives on

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 8:46am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:
Fear don dey catch Obaseki, try any rubbish, and meet a situation uglier than your face
him go soon run mad.. Oba think he is our king

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nnamdiojukwu: 8:48am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

Yea in the riverine part of the state, there are also Ijaws in ondo state(Arogbo & Apoi) its poor state creation that put them there, unless yorubas will say that the yorubas in the north are settlers too
Can you please mention the state in North?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by BudeYahooCom: 8:51am On Nov 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Errrm no. We cannot count on you. We fix ish ourselves. We've been doing it for centuries.

Kikikiki grin grin
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by freak33: 8:54am On Nov 18, 2017
[quote author=opuambe post=62481126][/quote]

but he just arrest ur king
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Jac007(m): 8:57am On Nov 18, 2017
Afriifa:
I am no much fan of History, but I learnt from historical facts that the Ijaws settled in the present day Edo State before any other tribe and was ousted out later by one of the historical tribe that made up the present yoruba with a quest to enlarge their empire.. after a failed attempt at first. the Ijaws were forced out, that's why you find the ijaws in Delta. rivers and bayelsa and e.t.c (still within the Niger Delta) becux they were scattered due to the war.. and I think the Ijaws in present day Edo state were the few lucky ones not to be affected by the war or were the ones that later came back to settle after the war.. because. I know for a fact what Gelegele means in my native dialects, even my kiddo that grew up North knows the meaning of that word.. if it weren't for bad politics rocking the Nigerian atmosphere. The Ijaws would have been revered as one of the outstanding tribes to maintain their ancient culture and tradition till dates.. an average Ijaw man has to fight everyday to protect what it has because mother nature has installed him with all the enviable qualities other tribes would kill for....

https://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost?id=2971192%3ABlogPost%3A4834

Did war chase them away from Lagos too? They now returned to cause mayhem... See violence is part of their culture angry
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by asawanathegreat(m): 8:57am On Nov 18, 2017
This man and Oshiomole which one fine pass?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 8:59am On Nov 18, 2017
Tamakay:
Ijaws are used to empty threats like this. The first time the governor said he's gonna arrest them and up till now he has not made any arrest. All these are happening because of negligence on the part of Edo State Government. The Ijaws in the state are never allowed to be in the scheme of things in the state not knowing God has deposited some natural resources for them to depend on. I know the Ijaws of Okomu, Egbema, Olodiama, Furupa etc can contain Obaseki and his cohorts until another rescue team from Delta, BAYELSA, Ondo, Rivers, Cross River.
When it is time to develop Ijaw communities, they will say the topography is difficult to developed but you take their God given resources to develop other areas in the state. If you actually care for the Ijaws, how come the state government don't know when they were planning to install their own King? Is it now that his negligence of the people has come to the fore he's now playing to the gallery? For your information, the more you issue threat to an Ijaw man the more you ginger him.
Obaseki thinks, We are scared of the Edos. Oba should have it at the back of mind that he is not King over the Ijaws.. just imagine this Governor calling a Coronation attended by 5 Ijaw Kings from different state invalid because some selfish Oba made him to say so.. (agadagba)Pere of Gbaramatu(delta was there) Amayanabo of Nembe(bayelsa was there) amayanabo of Opobo(rivers was there) pere Gbebokedi of Tubu-turo Kingdom(ondo was there) and dis Governor thinks he can stand trouble when it looms? The Oba of Benin will make things heavier for Edo state.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Lomprico2: 8:59am On Nov 18, 2017
Why are ijaw people troublesome? From ondo to delta to edo? Why?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 9:01am On Nov 18, 2017
Jac007:

Did war chase them away from Lagos too? They now returned to cause mayhem... See violence is part of their culture angry
my bro. stop asking silly questions, sorry to say. it is an act of ignorance not to know one's history in this era.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Lomprico2: 9:01am On Nov 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Nobody is interested in oppressing any law abiding Ijaws in Edo State. But any criminals coming from far away Ijaw land to derail the seaport project would be dealt with severely.

Why would a people be so backward. It's just terrible. If anything good wants to be built, Ijaws would just want to disrupt it. That's how the Oil and Gas free zone which was to be built in Escravos was derailed because of the stupid argument that Ijaws chose to have with itsekiri. Now Jonathan left and the project that would have created thousands upon thousands of jobs has been abandoned.
The Brass LNG project also has been abandoned. Not a single project in anywhere Ijaws exist. Bayelsa with all its allocation is probably the worst state in the South. It appears like the Ijaws are the Northerners of Southern Nigeria.
I agree with you. Their own don too much.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 9:02am On Nov 18, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
Can you please mention the state in North?
are you starting what you can't finish?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 9:02am On Nov 18, 2017
Lomprico2:
Why are ijaw people troublesome? From ondo to delta to edo? Why?
https://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost?id=2971192%3ABlogPost%3A4834 please read belleful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Venue Of Ekiti APC Primary As Governor Almakura Inspects It (pics / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / NJC Recommends Onnoghen’s Retirement, Muhammed To Stay As CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.