Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" (31240 Views)

Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators / Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 7:30am On Nov 19, 2017
Hector09:
ikwerre is a tribe, if my facts are right, it is d biggerst tribe in rivers state
How is ikwerre the biggest tribe in rivers with 3 lga(obio/akpor, Emohua, Ikwerre)& sharing(Phalga) with okirika? Please lets take it down a notch
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Hector09(m): 8:13am On Nov 19, 2017
nengibo:

How is ikwerre the biggest tribe in rivers with 3 lga(obio/akpor, Emohua, Ikwerre)& sharing(Phalga) with okirika? Please lets take it down a notch
it is not that way bro, elche have two lga and ogoni have four does that mean that ogoni is bigger than elche, when it comes to landmark
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by OFFICIAL336: 8:28am On Nov 19, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Benin people,
You can count on we Yorubas anytime.
Let Ijaws keep deceiving them selves.
Begging for alliance. GoodLuck
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by OFFICIAL336: 8:30am On Nov 19, 2017
mrvitalis:

There is no sugar coating it ijews and fulanis are the problem with Nigeria
At least they didn't blame SE today. But Sanusi said it is the Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 8:30am On Nov 19, 2017
Hector09:
it is not that way bro, elche have two lga and ogoni have four does that mean that ogoni is bigger than elche, when it comes to landmark
What do you mean by landmark?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by OFFICIAL336: 8:33am On Nov 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
I'm from the Ijaw parts of Akwa ibom state and i support the ijaws on this. We will never stand and watch how our brothers are marginalized there in their ancestral land.
Obaseki and the caged Oba should back off.
Cc TonyeBarcanista
Are there indigenous Ijaws in Akwa Ibom?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 19, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

Are there indigenous Ijaws in Akwa Ibom?
yeah they make up two L.G.A in akwa ibom state. Read below
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obolo_people
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 19, 2017
nengibo:

my brother are u Andolo?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 19, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
I know that is your ghost that mentioned me na.
get a life
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 8:44am On Nov 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
my brother are u Andolo?
Do u mean Andoni?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by konoplyanka: 8:46am On Nov 19, 2017
GodDeyCraze:

Boko haram has successfully carried out bombing in South West Nigeria

In your dreams?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by konoplyanka: 8:48am On Nov 19, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

At least they didn't blame SE today. But Sanusi said it is the Yorubas.

So your slave Master said it and it must be true?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2017
GodDeyCraze:
[s]

The entire Edo State and beyond is conquered territory,
Conquered by the Oba of old Benin Empire, we conquered the entire Niger Delta except Cross-River and Akwa-Ibom, the empire was even extended to Ondo, Kogi, Ogun Lagos and Onitsha-Ado in present day Anambra,

Where was your Pere and other kings?
Make una thank the British for librating you. DON'T FORCE US BACK [/s]

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2017
nengibo:

Do u mean Andoni?
yeah Andoni, my Ibibio brodas like calling U people Obolo or Andolo though my mum is teachin me how to be fluent in ur dialect. lol
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Exclusive32: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2017
mrvitalis:

There is no sugar coating it ijews and fulanis are the problem with Nigeria
And the I jaws are the reason you have this MB to be typing rubbish. If not for the I jaws, Nigeria would have even b worsened compared to Togo. ingratitude element. a vile parasites Yoruba's living on his host.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
yeah Andoni, my Ibibio brodas like calling U people Obolo or Andolo though my mum is teachin me how to be fluent in ur dialect. lol
Lol, its either Andoni or Obolo, I'm Obolo through my mum too she's from Ngo town, my mum doesn't really speak it with me but I learnt a little from a cousin that stayed with us from birth.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by OFFICIAL336: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Afonja shut ur trap.
The Ijaws are majority in this country and are sprea out in Akwa Ibom State, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo and Ondo and will combine together to wipe Bini away and the Yorubas will watch helplessly as how their cousins are consumed and wiped off to extinction.
Get your facts right. Yorubas are cousin to Binis. Oduduwa was a runner-way Bini Prince.
Bini Empire was founded in 1180 while Oyo Empire with Oduduwa as first Ooni in 1300.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 9:42am On Nov 19, 2017
GodDeyCraze:

The entire Edo State and beyond is conquered territory,
Conquered by the Oba of old Benin Empire, we conquered the entire Niger Delta except Cross-River and Akwa-Ibom, the empire was even extended to Ondo, Kogi, Ogun Lagos and Onitsha-Ado in present day Anambra,

Where was your Pere and other kings?
Make una thank the British for librating you. DON'T FORCE US BACK
keep dreaming.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by mrvitalis(m): 10:07am On Nov 19, 2017
Exclusive32:

And the I jaws are the reason you have this MB to be typing rubbish. If not for the I jaws, Nigeria would have even b worsened compared to Togo. ingratitude element. a vile parasites Yoruba's living on his host.

First of all I'm igbo and my family houses you people took would hunt you for life

And in your small mind ijews have all the oil in Nigeria ?

even in rivers state oyigbo has more oil than any ijew lga in Nigeria ...fact

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by NDelta4fulani: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Nobody is interested in oppressing any law abiding Ijaws in Edo State. Ijaws are a part and parcel of Edo State and have been from time immemorial. But any criminals coming from far away States to derail the seaport project would be dealt with severely.

Why would a people be so backward. It's just terrible. If anything good wants to be built, political Ijaws would just want to disrupt it. That's how the Oil and Gas free zone which was to be built in Escravos was derailed because of the stupid argument that they chose to have with itsekiri. Now Jonathan left and the project that would have created thousands upon thousands of jobs has been abandoned.
The Brass LNG project also has been abandoned. Not a single project in anywhere Ijaws dominate because the Ijaw elite are selfish and are fine with depriving the ijaw populace of development . Bayelsa with all its allocation is probably the worst state in the South. It appears like the political Ijaw are the Northern elite of Southern Nigeria.

NB
Most Ijaws I know personally are some of the most wonderful personalities you would come across. And I know a lot. My reference to Ijaws here is to the political elite that forment trouble @ every opportunity for development. Like every tribe there is the loudest mouths that stereotypically represent the crowd. Like Edo women have the stereotypical image of Italian prostitution.

No need for the disclaimer at the end. Ijaws are the problem in the SS. To them they are the only ones who have oil. They are more Niger delta than anyone else. Everything starts and stops at their doorstep. Born trouble makers. Thing is whereas northern elite have strategy , they don't.

The ones in rivers that joined to persecute saro wiwa now use his name for 'activism'. They are the ones who cliqued up with the north as a matter of policy in the army era. Now insulting their northern fathers like the ungrateful bunch that they are.

The same ppl who couldn't get off brass or the escravos EPZ still complain about 'lack of jobs' or marginalization..... Ridiculous set of ppl. Go and see what they did to NDDC lol.
Always seeing things from the angle of victimhood. Meanwhile they oppress the relatively smaller ethnic groups around them. Eg itsekiri in delta. Or the upland rivers groups when bayelsa was still part of rivers( now they are irrelevant in rivers ).
You re spot on. Don't apologize.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by NDelta4fulani: 10:35am On Nov 19, 2017
mrvitalis:

First of all I'm igbo and my family houses you people took would hunt you for life

Thank u. Ijaws think they have all the oil. Not counting that akwa ibom has the most. There's communities like egbema omoku oyigbo(who have the most). The ikwerres. In delta the urhobos itsekiris all have producing communities. Already as it stands they gifted their soku/kula fields tp bayelsa. The majority of whatever they have is in bayelsa. Niger delta ia bigger than bayelsa and izon/ijaw nation.

These Ijaws are straight useless. Obaseki should crush them. The selfishness in their hearts knows no bounds.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Exclusive32: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2017
mrvitalis:

OK, continue. is rivers state now your state right?
which family houses did the ijaw took from you people?
may b I am missing something.....please I really want to know.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Exclusive32: 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
NDelta4fulani:

Thank u. Ijaws think they have all the oil. Not counting that akwa ibom has the most. There's communities like egbema omoku oyigbo(who have the most). The ikwerres. In delta the urhobos itsekiris all have producing communities. Already as it stands they gifted their soku/kula fields tp bayelsa. The majority of whatever they have is in bayelsa. Niger delta ia bigger than bayelsa and izon/ijaw nation.

These Ijaws are straight useless. Obaseki should crush them. The selfishness in their hearts knows no bounds.
niger delta for Fulani= aboki claiming Niger delta. no where a Niger deltan will ever claim he/ she is a Yoruba or Hausa, most time on naira land you see an aboki claiming to b from Niger delta. Is it that if you claim to b from Fulani people will insult you. be proud of where you come from.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Deban: 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hector09:
So there is ijaws at edo state eh, i luv them cus they are not coward thou i am an ikwerre man

There aboriginal Ijaws in Edo State (Gelegele axis), Onfo State (Arogbo, Ilaje axis) Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom (Obolo-Ndpni axis).

Why won't Olodiama in Edo State have their own traditional ruler?

It is like saying because the Ikeerris are majority in Port Harcourt, the Abuloma or Okirika speaking people should be under the Eze Apara Rebisi.

The Gelegele or Olodiama people being Ijaws cannot be under the Oba of Benin. Oba of Benin should rule over Beni or Edo speaking people and let Ijaws have their own king.

The IYC is on the matter. They have sent a message to the Edo State goverment not to mess with the Olodiama community, and also congratulated the Pere of Olodiama who is recognised in the Ijaw traditional council.

The Edo State government dominated by Benin people do not have army or police. How do they want to face Ijaw people who control majority of Tue militants. Even the Federal Government is unable to win any war against Ijaw people. The best the government does is negotiate which necessitated the Niger Delta Amnesty. The Federal government had to succumb to the fact that the army cannot subdue the Ijaws and let Tompolo be.

ImagineTompolo, Ateke, Asari Dokubo sending IIjaw boys to take over Edo state, even the Oba of Benin will run from his palace.

One thing we have learnt is not to mess with Ijae Youth Council and militants. Benin people will not be able to stand Ijaws in any communal crisis. It should he avoided.

Peace is priceless. The Edo State government should pursue peace and do away with modern slavery. Let Ijaw people have their king. Why should Benin king rule over Ijaws. It is like the same thing happening in Ilorin where an Emir is ruling over Yoruba people or in the North where Fulani emirs rule over indigenous people.

Crisis loading in Edo state. They should dialogue and pursue peace.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Hector09(m): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
Deban:

There aboriginal Ijaws in Edo State (Gelegele axis), Onfo State (Arogbo, Ilaje axis) Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom (Obolo-Ndpni axis).

It is like saying because the Ikeerris are majority in Port Harcourt, the Abuloma or Okirika speaking people should be under the Eze Apara Rebisi.

The Gelegele or Olodiama people being Ijaws cannot be under the Oba of Benin. Oba of Benin should rule over Beni or Edo speaking people and let Ijaws have their own king.

The IYC is on the matter. They have sent a message to the Edo State goverment not to mess with the Olodiama community, and also congratulated the Pere of Olodiama who is recognised in the Ijaw traditional council.

The Edo State government dominated by Benin people do not have army or police. How do they want to face Ijaw people who control majority of Tue militants. Even the Federal Government is unable to win any war against Ijaw people. The best the government does is negotiate which necessitated the Niger Delta Amnesty. The Federal government had to succumb to the fact that the army cannot subdue the Ijaws and let Tompolo be.

ImagineTompolo, Ateke, Asari Dokubo sending IIjaw boys to take over Edo state, even the Oba of Benin will run from his palace.

One thing we have learnt is not to mess with Ijae Youth Council and militants. Benin people will not be able to stand Ijaws in any communal crisis. It should he avoided.

Peace is priceless. The Edo State government should pursue peace and do away with modern slavery. Let Ijaw people have their king. Why should Benin king rule over Ijaws. It is like the same thing happening in Ilorin where an Emir is ruling over Yoruba people or in the North where Fulani emirs rule over indigenous people.

but in edo state do they see the ijaws as a settlers or as an indigen, do they have any political appoinment
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by NDelta4fulani: 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2017
Exclusive32:

niger delta for Fulani= aboki claiming Niger delta. no where a Niger deltan will ever claim he/ she is a Yoruba or Hausa, most time on naira land you see an aboki claiming to b from Niger delta. Is it that if you claim to b from Fulani people will insult you. be proud of where you come from.

The topic isn't about my nairaland handle lol. Pretty sure I can troll and do as I please on that arena.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Exclusive32: 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
NDelta4fulani:

The topic isn't about my nairaland handle lol. Pretty sure I can troll and do as I please on that arena.
show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.
iam4buhari= probuhari.
You can't convince me that you are not a Fulani.
you people(Fulani) have kill and rape so many innocence farmer down the Niger delta especially delta and Edo.
I can't be for anything that kill my own people. so you are not from the south. you are just like bihari that never condemn the attack by the Fulani but preaches tolerance. only Fulani that preach tolerance because it favoured them

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Ubenedictus(m): 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
Deban:

a king isn't just king of his people, he is king of the land.

ovia lg is the immediate territory of the Oba of Benin, you can't just manufacture a king where there was none just because the state government want to develop the place.

Edo people have been in ondo for years and yet they didn't manufacture a new title for themselves, you won't find an enogie in ile ife, why will the ijaws manufacture a king out of thin air? that is trouble making.

ijaws have been in Edo for centuries they came with the water and populated riverine area yet they were all under the oba because the oba is overlord in those lands, now obaseki wants to build a seaport in gelegele they decided to crown a king in the obas backyard.

shouting militants etc will not help no one has monopoly of violence, you won't intimidate the oba in his backyard by threatening him with militant. you can't crown a king in someone's territory. stop manufacturing kingship were there was none.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by NDelta4fulani: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
Exclusive32:

show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.
iam4buhari= probuhari.
You can't convince me that you are not a Fulani.
you people(Fulani) have kill and rape so many innocence farmer down the Niger delta especially delta and Edo.
I can't be for anything that kill my own people. so you are not from the south. you are just like bihari that never condemn the attack by the Fulani but preaches tolerance. only Fulani that preach tolerance because it favoured them

Wahh !!!! Anyone who doesn't agree with u is a Fulani herdsman. Wahh !!/wehhh !! Wohhh !! Lol. Herdsmen who rape and kill are criminals. In fact I'd go as far as calling them terrorists. My handle is my handle. If that's what denotes place of origin to u then so be it. Childish assumption if u ask me. Ijaws oppress more in the Delta. They feel more Niger delta than every body else. I remember back in 2013-15 what I heard my ppl go thru in Rivers. Got to realize that all fingers are not equal. From nddc payments to MNDA initiatives their agenda was made clear.

Quit 'my ppl' flimsy talk. The idea of Niger delta 'this and that' is sweet only for the ijaw majority that benefits from it. Not having that BS. this isn't 2009. U fail to see beyond ur pathetic izon propaganda.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by TSOM(m): 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Ijaws make up two Local Government in Akwa Ibom state.
the people of Eastern Obolo Local Government and Ibeno Local in Akwa ibom state are Ijaws.
The both L.G.A shares boundary with the Atlantic Ocean and both are Oil Producing Communities.
My Mum is from there.
The Ibibio being the Majority tried to marginalize the Ijaw minorities in Akwa ibom state but they were met with a stiff resistance by the Ijaw Nation.
To know more about Ijaws in Akwa ibom state.
Read below
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obolo_people
cc nengibo TonyeBarcanista
Dude, the people of Ibeno L.G.A in Akwa Ibom State aren't Ijaw. Cease peddling falsehood.

The Ibenos are even more 'Ibibiod' than the Esit Ekets.

I am an Akwa-Ibomite so be certain your comebacks are factual enough, not the random end result of editing by anyone who knows how to create a Wikipedia account.

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
TSOM:

[s] Dude, the people of Ibeno L.G.A in Akwa Ibom State aren't Ijaw. Cease peddling falsehood.

The Ibenos are even more 'Ibibiod' than the Esit Ekets.

I am an Akwa-Ibomite so be certain your comebacks are factual enough, not the random end result of editing by anyone who knows how to create a Wikipedia account.

[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Why We Are Supporting Buhari - G7 Countries / Men Who Want To Be PDP Chairman / Ekweremadu, Wife, Son, Escape Assassination Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.