Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,485 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" (31245 Views)

Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators / Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
TSOM:

Dude, the people of Ibeno L.G.A in Akwa Ibom State aren't Ijaw. Cease peddling falsehood.

The Ibenos are even more 'Ibibiod' than the Esit Ekets.

I am an Akwa-Ibomite so be certain your comebacks are factual enough, not the random end result of editing by anyone who knows how to create a Wikipedia account.

No be only ibibiod, the person you are quoting is also an ibibio, ibeno & Obolo are the same people
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by TSOM(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2017
nengibo:

No be only ibibiod, the person you are quoting is also an ibibio, ibeno & Obolo are the same people
He certainly isn't, not in the true sense.

No real Ibibio or Akwaibomite who's well-versed in the histories and cultures of the people of Akwa Ibom would assert that Ibenos are Ijaws.

The Obolos are mixed and might arguably have an Ijaw connection (which isn't entire) but the Ibenos? Certainly not.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 4:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
nengibo:

Yea in the riverine part of the state, there are also Ijaws in ondo state(Arogbo & Apoi) its poor state creation that put them there, unless yorubas will say that the yorubas in the north are settlers too

Poor creation that had the Itsekiris between the Ijaw tenants in Ondo and Ijaws in Delta? Lol.

You lots will be given the Bakassi treatment soon. It's a matter of time.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
rolly44:
Some time when pepeople speak u just get their hate mode from their tune, you recognise the ijaws as dwellers in your state as what? Strangers, if delta state was cut among beni obaseki would have called all urhobos and itsekiris as beni, the oba of beni is for beni people why will he extend his rule to other tribes, it is clear that obaseki is enviouse of the ijaws, if he knows the ancestra history of the ijaws he would have stay calm, any where the jaw occupied crude oil also occupied, the only local government that producess oil in edo is occupied by ijaw. check the record, in ondo, edo, bayelsa, rivers akwa ibom just check, it shows tha it is becaouse of the ijaw that we enjoy these blessings harming them is to harm your blessings, if ijaws leave nigeria today oil will dry off, it is thier glory everyone lives on

Which stupid blessing? We want you tenants out of Ondo and Benin!
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
Afriifa:
Obaseki thinks, We are scared of the Edos. Oba should have it at the back of mind that he is not King over the Ijaws.. just imagine this Governor calling a Coronation attended by 5 Ijaw Kings from different state invalid because some selfish Oba made him to say so.. (agadagba)Pere of Gbaramatu(delta was there) Amayanabo of Nembe(bayelsa was there) amayanabo of Opobo(rivers was there) pere Gbebokedi of Tubu-turo Kingdom(ondo was there) and dis Governor thinks he can stand trouble when it looms? The Oba of Benin will make things heavier for Edo state.

There's nothing like Gbebokedi of TubuTuro in Ondo! What a liar!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
diadem10:

There's nothing like Gbebokedi of TubuTuro in Ondo! What a liar!
fool!!!
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
Mccullum:

I debunk your assertion that Ijaws spread in Niger delta area because of war against them in Edo state during precolonial era, the fact is ijaws means of living is where ever there's rivers, they'll settled around the terrain due to their source of income is via water - such as fishing and making of salt etc. such group of people Can't settle in one place permanently except few amongst them who were farmers that settled permanently and that's the reason why Ijaws were minorities in different states and such status doesn't peculiar to them in Nigeria as Ilajes in Ondo and Eguns in Ogun State and Lagos respectively backed it that most of such similar ethnic groups lost majority status various state they settled because of their nature of work.

What's this ignoramus saying? What exactly are you saying about the Ilajes? Or what business do the Egun have in Ogun state? Some people sha..they know nothing yet they want to feel among..
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
Afriifa:
fool!!!
Your ancestor!
Falsehood peddler. No be only gbebekodi.. Lol.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
diadem10:

Poor creation that had the Itsekiris between the Ijaw tenants in Ondo and Ijaws in Delta? Lol.

You lots will be given the Bakassi treatment soon. It's a matter of time.
Stay off my mentions you slave
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 5:00pm On Nov 20, 2017
nengibo:

Kogi, kwara are northern states and are hausa-fulani land wer yoruba settlers will be chased from

The Obas in the 2 states predates your ijaw tenants' king in Ondo and Benin.

Bunch of wanderers who can't tell us why we have the itsekiris acting as a demarcation between the Ijaws tenants in Ondo and their brothers in Delta.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
TSOM:

He certainly isn't, not in the true sense.

No real Ibibio or Akwaibomite who's well-versed in the histories and cultures of the people of Akwa Ibom would assert that Ibenos are Ijaws.

The Obolos are mixed and might arguably have an Ijaw connection (which isn't entire) but the Ibenos? Certainly not.
Are you now speaking for the Obolo people? As I recall you said you are an ibibio so Take your arguments to the indegenous people who accept the favt that they are Ijaw.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
That law is against law of nature and is NULL AND VOID!!!

There is no indigenous Yoruba or non Ijaw in Bayelsa. The indigenous Ijaws in Gelegele have decided and SO SHALL IT BE

The Ijaws are not indigenous to where they have no land treatise! Facts! Your lots would so be given the Bakassi treatment!
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Hurrsome: 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
*EMANCIPATION 2019!! FREEDOM IN OUR HANDS!!*

Perhaps the most audible mantra ever heard in our political history was the 'CHANGE' mantra echoed all over in the several months that led to the 2015 supposed change of government making 'a conglomerate of political party abscondees' take over government as the ruling party.
Did we truly experience any change? Ofcourse, we did! We experienced cosmetic change. A change of name, a change of portfolios, a change of allegiances, a change of party cards but no *true* change.
Like in your favourite movies where a criminal fraudulently purchases new identification documents and travels to a new country yet retains his basic nature as a thief or murderer, our political leaders as they have been wont to do for decades didn't just recycle themselves into political office this time around but assembled the charade of a seemingly new party and sang the songs of change so sweetly to beguile us into hope.
But just as you cannot expect a leopard to change its spots, you cannot expect these same rottened political clime to give us what they do not have-good leadership

We are not absolved of blame because as a people, we did not question facts that lay bare in our faces, we chose to pick what we considered the lesser evil hoping evil will overnight become good.
We had better alternatives. Persons who had proven to have impeccable characters but we dismissed them as selfish because they did not spend as much money, distribute as much bags of rice or belong to the bigger and more popular parties.
That's the Nigerian people we have become. We'd rather support people who throw money around, visit godfathers, Obas and Emirs all over the country without giving thought to where they get so much money to throw around. Then when these people who have paid to successfully rig the elections emerge winners and begin to selfishly collect back their campaign expenses and more from our collective commonwealth, we begin to cry fowl not knowing that we are reaping the fruits of our negligence. .(To be continued)

https://chat dot whatsapp dot com/EcKOSQcudM5BPRhuQep3W1
copy the link into your web browser and change the dots(words) to actual
punctuation marks

Please let us keep broadcasting this group link all over until it gets to every Nigerian. Together we can indeed make a difference #KOWA 2019#
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
Afriifa:
now I get your point, since Edo state is far from bayelsa, there is no way Ijaws could make claim of it.. but let me teach you, a bit. Ijaws are from Delta, Rivers, Ondo, Akwa-Ibom before you mention Bayelsa.. the Ijaws in Rivers alone are much more than the ones in Bayelsa State. the Ijaws in Delta can equally match the Bayelsa population and the Ijaws in Ondo(and Akwa-ibom) that I know of, can match the size of the entire Edo state if added with the ones from Edo state.. so now look at the table of goodwill.. all these places that Ijaws occupy has crude deposit and they are all within the Niger Delta.. there is coincidence in that Mr man. God makes no mistake.. so don't ever claim to own gelegele because you believed ijaws to be from bayelsa state, that's kind of ignoramus to my understanding.

Ijaws are not indigenous to Ondo state! Kapish. We named the LG Ese odo, a Yoruba name. In fact, we gave you tenants the name "arogbo" which you added to your Ijaw name.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Hurrsome: 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
https://chat . whatsapp . com/EcKOSQcudM5BPRhuQep3W1
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Afonja shut ur trap.
The Ijaws are majority in this country and are sprea out in Akwa Ibom State, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo and Ondo and will combine together to wipe Bini away and the Yorubas will watch helplessly as how their cousins are consumed and wiped off to extinction.

There are no Ijaw indigenous to Ondo state. Ijaw has no land treatise in Ondo, Benin nor Itsekiri land.

You're all tenants! Be ready for the Bakassi treatment!
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Pchidexy(m): 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
henryhemon:

Thanks.
Madam, Ibeno people speak a branch of Ibiobio language. Ijaws are not in Ibeno abeg. Say something else.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
diadem10:

There are no Ijaw indigenous to Ondo state. Ijaw has no land treatise in Ondo, Benin nor Itsekiri land.

You're all tenants! Be ready for the Bakassi treatment!
ok. Evict them from their ancestral land and receive it hot from the Ijaw Nation
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
ok. Evict them from their ancestral land and receive it hot from the Ijaw Nation

Lol. The itsekiri went international on your case and you had to beg in the end. We will soon do likewise. I repeat Bakassi will be a child play to you marauders!
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Pchidexy(m): 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Ijaws make up two Local Government in Akwa Ibom state.
the people of Eastern Obolo Local Government and Ibeno Local in Akwa ibom state are Ijaws.
The both L.G.A shares boundary with the Atlantic Ocean and both are Oil Producing Communities.
My Mum is from there.
The Ibibio being the Majority tried to marginalize the Ijaw minorities in Akwa ibom state but they were met with a stiff resistance by the Ijaw Nation.
To know more about Ijaws in Akwa ibom state.
Read below
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obolo_people
cc nengibo TonyeBarcanista
Ibeno people are mainly of the Ibibio stock. Ibibio is spoken there. The customs and traditions are Ibibio. Abeg Ibeno wey I know no get any Ijaw.

I agree they shall something with the people of eastern Obollo.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
Deban:

There aboriginal Ijaws in Edo State (Gelegele axis), Onfo State (Arogbo, Ilaje axis) Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom (Obolo-Ndpni axis).

Why won't Olodiama in Edo State have their own traditional ruler?

It is like saying because the Ikeerris are majority in Port Harcourt, the Abuloma or Okirika speaking people should be under the Eze Apara Rebisi.

The Gelegele or Olodiama people being Ijaws cannot be under the Oba of Benin. Oba of Benin should rule over Beni or Edo speaking people and let Ijaws have their own king.

The IYC is on the matter. They have sent a message to the Edo State goverment not to mess with the Olodiama community, and also congratulated the Pere of Olodiama who is recognised in the Ijaw traditional council.

The Edo State government dominated by Benin people do not have army or police. How do they want to face Ijaw people who control majority of Tue militants. Even the Federal Government is unable to win any war against Ijaw people. The best the government does is negotiate which necessitated the Niger Delta Amnesty. The Federal government had to succumb to the fact that the army cannot subdue the Ijaws and let Tompolo be.

ImagineTompolo, Ateke, Asari Dokubo sending IIjaw boys to take over Edo state, even the Oba of Benin will run from his palace.

One thing we have learnt is not to mess with Ijae Youth Council and militants. Benin people will not be able to stand Ijaws in any communal crisis. It should he avoided.

Peace is priceless. The Edo State government should pursue peace and do away with modern slavery. Let Ijaw people have their king. Why should Benin king rule over Ijaws. It is like the same thing happening in Ilorin where an Emir is ruling over Yoruba people or in the North where Fulani emirs rule over indigenous people.

Crisis loading in Edo state. They should dialogue and pursue peace.

There are no Ijaw aborigine in Ondo state! That;s the fact!
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
diadem10:

[s]
Lol. The itsekiri went international on your case and you had to beg in the end. We will soon do likewise. I repeat Bakassi will be a child play to you marauders! [/s]

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:

Lol. Thanks for reminding me of your former moniker, news2020. The idiot that always display pic as his stupid comeback when he has nothing else to say. I guess you're no more Calabar but AkwaIbom now? Lol.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Pchidexy(m): 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
TSOM:

Dude, the people of Ibeno L.G.A in Akwa Ibom State aren't Ijaw. Cease peddling falsehood.

The Ibenos are even more 'Ibibiod' than the Esit Ekets.

I am an Akwa-Ibomite so be certain your comebacks are factual enough, not the random end result of editing by anyone who knows how to create a Wikipedia account.

I tire o my Brother. This Ibeno wey I dey go every week before to do business is now Ijaw land. Nothing wey person no dey hear online.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
diadem10:
[s]

There are no Ijaw aborigine in Ondo state! That;s the fact! [/s]
how would u know when u are not from Ondo.
You're from the North
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
how would u know when u are not from Ondo.
You're from the North

I'm a confirm Ondo citizen. Lol. That can't be said about you because we don't even know which state you're from.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
diadem10:

I'm a confirm Ondo citizen. Lol. That can't be said about you because we don't even know which state you're from.
I'm from the Ijaw parts of Akwa Ibom state, my fiancee is an indigenous Ijaw in Ondo State
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
I'm from the Ijaw parts of Akwa Ibom state, my fiancee is an indigenous Ijaw in Ondo State

Lol. News2020 never cease to amaze me. Lol.

Fiancee indeed. I guess you're no more an Efik from cross river..
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2017
diadem10:

Lol. News2020 never cease to amaze me. Lol.

Fiancee indeed. I guess you're no more an Efik from cross river..
u said there are no Ijaws in Ondo state and i proved u wrong cos my fiancee is an Ijaw from Ondo state and You're jealous because the Ijaws will soon Usurp the Yorubas and Ijaws will become a majority tribe in Nigeria.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
u said there are no Ijaws in Ondo state and i proved u wrong cos my fiancee is an Ijaw from Akwa Ibom and You're jealous because the Ijaws will soon Usurp the Yorubas and Ijaws will become a majority tribe in Nigeria.

Lol. I said they are not indigenous to Ondo state. They are simply settlers and we gave them the name Arogbo sef.

However, you haven't answered how an Efik man from Cross river became an akwaibomite.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
diadem10:

Lol. I said they are not indigenous to Ondo state. They are simply settlers and we gave them the name Arogbo sef.

However, you haven't answered how an Efik man from Cross river became an akwaibomite.
there are not settlers. Should i dig back to history to proof to u that it's their ancestral land?
And in ur last paragraph. I can't remember when i told u i'm Efik from Cross River state.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by diadem10: 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
there are not settlers. Should i dig back to history to proof to u that it's their ancestral land?
And in ur last paragraph. I can't remember when i told u i'm Efik from Cross River state.

You said you were an Efik with your previous moniker.

And I'm waiting to see the proof that will confirm the aborigine claim of the arogbo-ijaw whom we named ourselves and the same folks who have the youngest kingship title in the whole of Ondo state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

60th Independence Speech: Buhari Makes U-Turn, To Deliver Address Via Broadcast / 2015: Plot To Drop Sambo Thickens / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi In A Bookshop In Jeddah Saudi Arabia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.