Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Strong Receivers Thread - Satellite TV Technology (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Strong Receivers Thread (271350 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Redline Satellite Receivers / High Definition Receivers(hd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by yopac: 8:50am On Dec 02, 2012
Thank you so much @Olushaggy I did exactly as you said and I'm enjoying my strong machine. God bless you. Compliments of the season♥
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by sunny78(m): 10:33am On Dec 02, 2012
First u've got to download the file. Den if it's a .rar file, extract the contained file from it. If a .zip, unzip the file.
Now if ur decoder has a usb port for data transfer. All u've got to do is to copy the file into ur usb and plug to ur receiver. Plug it on and scroll around the menu's. U should see the option for upgrade/data transfer/software update,something like dat. Den follow the menu and it should be good. If dia's no usb port, den it'll require a pc to receiver transfer.

NB: make sure u use generator wen upgrading so dat PHCN doesn't cut u short and by extension ur receiver.

Also got to system information on ur box and check the software version and compare to the one u are about using so u dont end up downgrading instead of the intended upgrade. Regards.

thank my brother my STARSAT SR-X250CU SUPER dont av usb port my am try to upgrades it on my pc i hav downloaded easyuprader to my pic
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2012
sunny78:
First u've got to download the file. Den if it's a .rar file, extract the contained file from it. If a .zip, unzip the file.
Now if ur decoder has a usb port for data transfer. All u've got to do is to copy the file into ur usb and plug to ur receiver. Plug it on and scroll around the menu's. U should see the option for upgrade/data transfer/software update,something like dat. Den follow the menu and it should be good. If dia's no usb port, den it'll require a pc to receiver transfer.

NB: make sure u use generator wen upgrading so dat PHCN doesn't cut u short and by extension ur receiver.

Also got to system information on ur box and check the software version and compare to the one u are about using so u dont end up downgrading instead of the intended upgrade. Regards.

thank my brother my STARSAT SR-X250CU SUPER dont av usb port my am try to upgrades it on my pc i hav downloaded easyuprader to my pic

What of the software version, confirm that the new on is higher than the one already on the machine. I believe u'll achieve ur goal. I wish i could download the software myself and send across to u.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olushaggy(m): 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2012
yopac: Thank you so much @Olushaggy I did exactly as you said and I'm enjoying my strong machine. God bless you. Compliments of the season♥

Just Give it to God.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by niggaraw(m): 11:42am On Dec 03, 2012
i need your help, i bought str 4940 and set it to astra 2a2b2d but no single cos dat is wat i was using with my srt 4663x
i need ur help
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2012
How many dishes r u using?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olushaggy(m): 10:56am On Dec 04, 2012
niggaraw: i need your help, i bought str 4940 and set it to astra 2a2b2d but no single cos dat is wat i was using with my srt 4663x
i need ur help
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by roman001: 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2012
olushaggy:
can't undastand ur post.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by jibikunle: 6:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
explain urself in a clear way
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olushaggy(m): 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
jibikunle: explain urself in a clear way

"But no single" What?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 7:53pm On Dec 07, 2012
niggaraw: i need your help, i bought str 4940 and set it to astra 2a2b2d but no single cos dat is wat i was using with my srt 4663x
i need ur help

Did u mean no signal. Are u using a disqc? If yes, den set the diseqc port numbers accordingly at dish settings - > disecq settings.

If not, den go to menu, installation, enter 4 zero's if pin requested. Den manual scan. Scroll to astra 2abd. Den on freq, input 12523, V/H for polarization depending on ur lnb setting, den 19531 for symbol. U should hit green. Regards.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by godaye: 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2012
Kay-baba:
anytime i press 6969, it will just show on the screen and notin will happen
i have stron 4669xii and one day i came to on it, it started downloading OTA, after the download and upgrade, my dungle is not working, if i press 6969 it will not respond. pls help 16546tm@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by godaye: 10:56pm On Dec 09, 2012
godaye: i have stron 4669xii and one day i came to on it, it started downloading OTA by itself, after the download and upgrade, my dungle is not working, if i press 6969 it will not respond. pls help 16546tm@gmail.com
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 4:52am On Dec 10, 2012
godaye: i have stron 4669xii and one day i came to on it, it started downloading OTA, after the download and upgrade, my dungle is not working, if i press 6969 it will not respond. pls help 16546tm@gmail.com

Go to dis site and download the patch for ur 69xii receiver. download to ur usb, unzip and upload to ur receiver. Den go to menu => installation => ok => enter 4 zero's if pin is requested. Scroll down to OTA menu, select and change it to ''user'' and anyother satellite apart from intelsat 7/10 so dat it doesn't upgrage again on its own.

Afterwards, ur ''options'' sub menu should be back. Regards.

http://wizkid.persiangig.com/Strong%20Patch%20Software/

Or

http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by notindome(m): 9:17pm On Dec 10, 2012
my bestest of the best people,una weldone. Pls where can i get a dual view decoder to buy,even if not strong but does all the doables of strong? Abeg i dey wait response make una hellepi person. thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
notindome: my bestest of the best people,una weldone. Pls where can i get a dual view decoder to buy,even if not strong but does all the doables of strong? Abeg i dey wait response make una hellepi person. thanks

Whats ur location?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by notindome(m): 7:09am On Dec 11, 2012
olenyi:

Whats ur location?
Jos city
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 8:08am On Dec 11, 2012
notindome: KD city
U can always check here

https://www.nairaland.com/373935/fta-equipment-market-buy-sell

Or
Check these places out. Regards.

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 8:10am On Dec 11, 2012
And

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ucheo: 8:22am On Dec 12, 2012
Pls house what does this decoder upgrade means..like am using strong 669x.. if i want to receieve stations that transmit in HD..do I have to download a patch for srt 4922 and download it and install in my decoder. pls I will appreciate a good lecture on this.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Pidzo(m): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2012
ucheo: Pls house what does this decoder upgrade means..like am using strong 669x.. if i want to receieve stations that transmit in HD..do I have to download a patch for srt 4922 and download it and install in my decoder. pls I will appreciate a good lecture on this.
You only upgrade with patch that is compatible with your receiver. Updating your receiver with software meant for another model will 'kill' your receiver (although it rejects the incompatible software most of the times). Updating your 4669x with 4922 or 4930 software will not make your receiver become HD. In the first place your receiver will most likely reject the software (among other things because of memory disparities). HD is HD because of both software and hardware aspects. So if you want to watch HD channels then buy an HD receiver.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by satmaniac(m): 11:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
Kazsat2004: i'm having a problem wit my srt 4669x,d problem is dat is not displaying anything is showing somting like ------on d reciever,pls i need urgent reply
Try installing another software via pc or another reciever.
Note_make sure the decoder re alyk.cos there are are fake decoders out there,find out if urs is not one of them and install via pc.However if it turns out to be fake use a fake reciever for installing the software and turn off the OTA.
If u encounter any problem while upgrdading,pls dont hesitate to rush back here hundreds of ppl re waiting to help.
Goodluck!
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by satmaniac(m): 12:24am On Dec 13, 2012
ucheo: Pls house what does this decoder upgrade means..like am using strong 669x.. if i want to receieve stations that transmit in HD..do I have to download a patch for srt 4922 and download it and install in my decoder. pls I will appreciate a good lecture on this.
In addition to what oga pidzo has said I will lyk to add that,when upgrdading ur reciever there re many technical issues u need to consider.
First and formost the issue of compatibility,the reciever must be compatible with the software.Hence upgrading 4669xii to any of the hd softwares,is like updating your java phone to symbian phone.
Secondly,authenticity_your reciever bieng strong srt4669xii is one thing,but the same reciever bieng original from strong technologies is another thing.if ur software is meant for original strong and ur reciever is fake,then there would be problem when upgradin-u may end up frying ur reciever.because it is madness to flash ur e66(chinese) with e66(nokia) software.hence u have to find out if ur reciever is truly from strong technologies b4 any upgrade.
Lastly,purpose-why do you want to upgrade ur reciever?it may be u want to change the graphics or there is additional satlyt and tp or channels etc.make sure u just have the right software.
Put all these issues above into considerations b4 any upgrade.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 5:30am On Dec 13, 2012
satmaniac:
In addition to what oga pidzo has said I will lyk to add that,when upgrdading ur reciever there re many technical issues u need to consider.
First and formost the issue of compatibility,the reciever must be compatible with the software.Hence upgrading 4669xii to any of the hd softwares,is like updating your java phone to symbian phone.
Secondly,authenticity_your reciever bieng strong srt4669xii is one thing,but the same reciever bieng original from strong technologies is another thing.if ur software is meant for original strong and ur reciever is fake,then there would be problem when upgradin-u may end up frying ur reciever.because it is madness to flash ur e66(chinese) with e66(nokia) software.hence u have to find out if ur reciever is truly from strong technologies b4 any upgrade.
Lastly,purpose-why do you want to upgrade ur reciever?it may be u want to change the graphics or there is additional satlyt and tp or channels etc.make sure u just have the right software.
Put all these issues above into considerations b4 any upgrade.
Cheers.

WORD !!!
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 9:06am On Dec 13, 2012
@Satmaniac,
That was simply ASAS-matic,i'm impressed. And to quote olenyi again "WORD!!!"
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by godaye: 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2012
Xpset:

IT WORKS! IT WORKS!! IT WORKS!!!

THANKS PIDzO
pls my oga help me out, i tried to update my firmware on my reciever srt 4669Xii as it was almost done, nepa took light, and d reciever has stop working please help me with a solution. Thanks in advance. 16545tm@gmail.com
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 5:13am On Dec 14, 2012
It has been said times without number never to risk upgrading wit NEPA/PHCN. Well u need to do rx to rx or use a system to wake it up.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by godaye: 5:50am On Dec 14, 2012
twinskenny:
if you are in lagos, call this number 08051355133 I can direct you to someone who can fix it for you
pls i am in kaduna and my srt4669xii has fried due to firm ware upgrade interruption as a result of power cut. Any hope of fixing? Or any technitian u can refer me to 16545tm@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by godaye: 5:58am On Dec 14, 2012
Ameboperoo: It has been said times without number never to risk upgrading wit NEPA/PHCN. Well u need to do rx to rx or use a system to wake it up.
thank you sir, but pls is thier anybody u can refer me to? I stay in kaduna. 08032979625 or my gmail 16545tm@gmail.com. Because i dont knw how to do rx to rx and i presently dont have a system of my own, Hence i dont want to compound my problem. Thank you sir
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2012
godaye: thank you sir, but pls is thier anybody u can refer me to? I stay in kaduna. 08032979625 or my gmail 16545tm@gmail.com. Because i dont knw how to do rx to rx and i presently dont have a system of my own, Hence i dont want to compound my problem. Thank you sir
no wahala there bro
just go to kano by jos road -i think- ask for the guys that sell strong(satellite) receivers there you will be directed to so many of them there...no doubt about it you will be assisted.
all the best.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 1:35am On Dec 16, 2012
hello house pls hoe can l upgrade str 4652 it has no USB port like the normal str.

thank you
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 4:11am On Dec 16, 2012
Xpset: hello house pls hoe can l upgrade str 4652 it has no USB port like the normal str.

thank you

@xpset. Answered u on the main thread. Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (45) (Reply)

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.