Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,359 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Strong Receivers Thread - Satellite TV Technology (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Strong Receivers Thread (271015 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Redline Satellite Receivers / High Definition Receivers(hd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ceejay80s(m): 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
How do one know a fake or an original strong decoder? Thank u
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
ceejay80s: How do one know a fake or an original strong decoder? Thank u

Quite hard for an untrained eye/novice.

Your best bet is to ALWAYS get ur stuff from an accredited dealer/retailer. So dat should any issues arise, its much more easier to sort it out than otherwise.

Check here for list of dealers in ur area

http://www.mytvafrica.tv/Dealer.aspx?regionID=16

Or call MYTV customer care on 08036596590 (Nigeria) for guidiance. Regards
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by godaye: 8:49am On Jan 05, 2013
gud people of nairaland, pls which cable do i need to have if i want to transfer or upgrade my srt 69XII with a PC and how can i stop Authomatic OTA Downdload and Upgrade to m reciever. God bless U and Nigeria
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 9:00am On Jan 05, 2013
godaye: gud people of nairaland, pls which cable do i need to have if i want to transfer or upgrade my srt 69XII with a PC and how can i stop Authomatic OTA Downdload and Upgrade to m reciever. God bless U and Nigeria

Dis is to stop ota upgrade. It was just about 5 post back.

olenyi:

http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East

Afterwards go to menu, installation, OTA menu and change from ''default'' to ''user''. Change the satellite name and frequency from ''intelsat 20k'' to another satellite and ''12522'' to another frequency of ur choice. Regards.

As for ur other question. Kindly use the search option at the bottom of the page.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 9:45am On Jan 05, 2013
olenyi:
...As for ur other question. Kindly use the search option at the bottom of the page.
Thanks man for this timely comment...y'know what i mean smiley
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2013
freshp:
Thanks man for this timely comment...y'know what i mean smiley

wink
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by myseyi: 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
Pidzo:
Download a Strong loader and load your software using PC via RS-232c crossed cable.
Can anyone direct me to where I can get this RS 232c cable. I live in lokoja and have seached everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by kibukila(m): 5:53am On Jan 06, 2013
Hello House I have new SRT 4669XII but surpringly is not activating patch on pressing 6969.Please advise what to do.I have checked on strong website is genuine product.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by godaye: 6:31am On Jan 06, 2013
Xpset:

IT WORKS! IT WORKS!! IT WORKS!!!

THANKS PIDzO
pls i need ur assistance to fix my srt69XII. How can i stop OTA download from authomatically upgrading my reciever. Thanks alot for your help
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2013
kibukila: Hello House I have new SRT 4669XII but surpringly is not activating patch on pressing 6969.Please advise what to do.I have checked on strong website is genuine product.
Just update it with any of the software versions for your receiver from here: http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?direction=&order=&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files&PHPSESSID=fa9f2d2037703794bc90f769244511b3
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:37am On Jan 06, 2013
godaye: pls i need ur assistance to fix my srt69XII. How can i stop OTA download from authomatically upgrading my reciever. Thanks alot for your help
Please, please, please honourable members. Take time to read before posting. It doesnt look good to ask something that someone has just answered a few posts before. This question has been answered on this very same page.

Olenyi:
...Afterwards go to menu, installation, OTA menu and change from ''default'' to ''user''. Change the satellite name and frequency from ''intelsat 20k'' to another satellite and ''12522'' to another frequency of ur choice. Regards.

What 'special' answer should be provided?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by kibukila(m): 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
Pidzo:
Just update it with any of the software versions for your receiver from here: http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?direction=&order=&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files&PHPSESSID=fa9f2d2037703794bc90f769244511b3

Pidzo you are simply the best the update was very successfull!!!!!!
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 12:23am On Jan 07, 2013
@myseyi:

Can anyone direct me to where I can get this RS 232c cable. I live in lokoja and have seached everywhere.

Go to ur strong dearler u and ask of it. Most dealers now stock it.

Or ckeck any computer accessory shop and be sure to get a female. (look at the back of ur receiver to see the type it needs to fit in dia)
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by kevin96(m): 1:34am On Jan 07, 2013
@All, Please i was trying to upgrade my decorder(4669xii) After downloading the the software,i went to the menu of my decorder and went to usb,but there was no file manager,but instead i saw MP3,JPG,DATA TRANSFER,DISK MANAGER AND TIME MANAGER.
Under the data transfer was the unzipped software i downloaded,and below it you have four button with different colors, red(upload Ch list),Green(upload key),
yellow(select disk), blue(upload stb).
What do i do at this stage?

Please incase you are wondering why the upgrade,well i noticed that all the infinity channels except naija tv dont have audio except video alone,then some channels from amos5/w3c have audio and no video . so i was advised to upgrade. please this is urgent.
thanks.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by godaye: 6:58am On Jan 07, 2013
Pidzo:
Please, please, please honourable members. Take time to read before posting. It doesnt look good to ask something that someone has just answered a few posts before. This question has been answered on this very same page.

What 'special' answer should be provided?
oga pidzo i beg no vex with us, no be all of us be genius like U. D problem is that pls suggest for me another frequency i should use instead of 12522. Thank u sir in advance
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Pidzo(m): 9:35am On Jan 09, 2013
@ALL
Mine is a question to those that are using SRT 4940. There have been complaints that this receiver doesn't offer a way to connect to the internet, and refuses 8281 option. Is it the same situation with software v121 which was out mid last month?

1 Like

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by naijaobi(m): 5:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
PLS GUYS.. I HAVE THE OLD STRONG RECEIVER AND I'LL LIKE TO GET A NEW ONE.
PLS MY QUESTION IS WHICH MODEL IS THE BEST TO GET...
IS IT THE 4669?
Thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by versace400(m): 4:37pm On Jan 13, 2013
Pls,i've changed OTA settings on my 4669z and downgrade the software so many times but the automatic dowload and upgrading keep coming from MYTV. It has stopped me now from accessing my cccam because immediately i restore back to the formal software and it restarts, the automatic upgrading begins again. Pls someone should help fast. I cant even watch game now.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by IRAPADA(m): 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2013
pls I need d software or the links to srt4940 firmware that support aac audio
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:47am On Jan 14, 2013
versace400: Pls,i've changed OTA settings on my 4669z and downgrade the software so many times but the automatic dowload and upgrading keep coming from MYTV. It has stopped me now from accessing my cccam because immediately i restore back to the formal software and it restarts, the automatic upgrading begins again. Pls someone should help fast. I cant even watch game now.
Lets see what happens bro. I am also very surprised. Somebody brought his SRT 4669XII saying he cant watch SABC channels. Upon inspection I found out that 6969 was not working. Checking the software version I discovered it's 2013 version and I knew this must be the dreaded OTA upgrade. I reinstalled the 'safe' previous version and disabled the OTA upgrade option (I changed the frequency and symbol rate to a non-existent one and also the sat name). To my surprise what the receiver did first in the morning was to start a fresh OTA upgrade!! shocked shocked
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 8:17am On Jan 14, 2013
Pidzo:
Lets see what happens bro. I am also very surprised. Somebody brought his SRT 4669XII saying he cant watch SABC channels. Upon inspection I found out that 6969 was not working. Checking the software version I discovered it's 2013 version and I knew this must be the dreaded OTA upgrade. I reinstalled the 'safe' previous version and disabled the OTA upgrade option (I changed the frequency and symbol rate to a non-existent one and also the sat name). To my surprise what the receiver did first in the morning was to start a fresh OTA upgrade!! shocked shocked

Just suggesting.

Try deleting 12522 from the freq list entirely.

My reasoning being dat as dat is the freq dat carries the upgrade software, it might solve the problem.

Also i once scanned 68'e and got a channel named ''sofware something''. Could it be dat, dat is now what they are using for those dat'll bypass the OTA menu.

Just thinking.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
what's d normal price of RS-232 USB TO PIN in Lagos thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Kazsat2004: 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2013
pls house i need urgent reply,i'm having a problem wit my srt4669xii,i try to do stb copy frm decoder to decoder and is nt displaying again
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
What do u mean by not display again? Is it on d tv screen or d display panel? How did it happen- were u upgrading and power was interrupted?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Kazsat2004: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
when i put it on,it will display ----- den off again
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Zeetry: 7:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
U don kill am b dat now, na fake decoder abi?Chineke

Kazsat2004: when i put it on,it will display ----- den off again
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
U still haven't answered all my questions. How did it happen? Did it read to 100% or power was interrupted?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Kazsat2004: 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2013
by d tym it was erasing and d light went off
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
Good boy. I've always warn u never to use PHCN 4 upgrade. Daddy's gonna whip ur bum when he comes. tongue
now go tru d same process but switch off d dead one. When the master(the one u r copying from) is ready, then switch on the slave. It should start copying from 0-100%. It will then give u a message - update successful. You receiver is back to life. I dont need to tell u to use a gen this time o
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2013
I just read ur post again after my previous post. If what u mean is that the light of d rx went off. Not power interruption then the rx is a fake 1. Look at it very well & it will b diff from the original u r copying from. U need to look 4 another fake 1 that's working and use it to revive it.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Kazsat2004: 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2013
thanks 4r ur response
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
Xpset: what's d normal price of RS-232 USB TO PIN in Lagos thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (45) (Reply)

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.