Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay (20541 Views)

“You Lied!” – Jonathan Replies David Cameron Over Chibok Girls / My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima / Goodluck Jonathan Replies El-Rufai On The Sharing Of Ecological Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 28, 2017
guru90:
I believe ooooh at least 1 dollar was at the rate of 160 naira.... but now 1 dollar 360 naira.... difference is clear joor.....
Sarrki, danladi7 and spartacus11 will not agree with you
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Pesuzok(m): 10:24am On Nov 28, 2017
guru90:
I believe ooooh at least 1 dollar was at the rate of 160 naira.... but now 1 dollar 360 naira.... difference is clear joor.....
What was the price of crude oil then

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 28, 2017
Pesuzok:

In how many years?
Please stop beating about the bush

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Leshyne(m): 10:26am On Nov 28, 2017
Well, Reno just murdered APC, this is why it's not good to talk too much. Empty barrels made the loudest noise.

APC are busy closing businesses and losing jobs, hunger in the land. All this were caused by reckless economic mgt. and bad policies.

I am not surprised. I still blame Jonathan
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by spartacus11(m): 10:26am On Nov 28, 2017
imhotep:

Sarrki, danladi7 and spartacus11 will not agree with you
Y will i agree with someone whose brain has be turn upside down with vulture eggs
Pdp sympathizers need to go for deliverance

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by sukar886: 10:26am On Nov 28, 2017
true talk
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by anonimi: 10:27am On Nov 28, 2017
Cajal:
Include the price of a barrel of oil during each regime
GEJ.....100-126USD
PMB....28-56USD
So what are u saying

Liars are liable to die young.
So repent before it is too late.
How come states were asking for ECA draw down in 2013 if oil prices were rising
Perhaps your sin is that of ignorance of how states and LGAs share 47.32% from the federation account monthly.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5037232_chart2_png458c6341b0e8e8f38509d431d0581949

http://takenotenigeria.com/2015/06/01/federal-ministry-finance-summary-revenue-allocation-federation-account-allocation-committee-month-april-2015-shared-may-2015/

Press Release On March 2015 Federal Allocation

March 2015 Federal allocation of N435.061

The Federal Government, State governments and Local government councils shared a total of N435.061 billion as Federal allocation for the month of March, 2015. A communique issued by the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) indicated that the Gross Revenue received for the month of March was N315.044 billion.
This amount when compared with the N401. 42 billion received in February 2015 showed a decline of N86 423 billion. The communique noted that the continual shut down and shut-in of trunk lines at various terminals has continued to impact negatively on crude oil revenue.
However, an increase in the average price of Crude oil from $48.65m to $55.34m in February,2015 boasted revenue by about $43.73m. It is also of note that the Non-oil revenues dipped further in March partly due to the fact that the time frame for companies to file their returns has not fallen due.
The shared amount comprised of the month statutory revenue of N314. 515 billion and N6.330 billlion refunded to the Federal government by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation( NNPC). There is also exchange gain of N33.529 billion which was proposed for distribution.
An additional sum of N9.490 billion was paid to the Federation Account by the NNPC. Consequently, from total distributable revenue for the current month (including VAT ) of N435.061 billion, Federal government received N146.486 billion (52.68%);
States received N74.299 billion (26.72%); Local governments received N57.282 billion (20.60%); while the oil producing States received N29.378 billion as 13% derivation revenue.

K.N. Offie DD Press OAGF.

Read more at: https://prnigeria.com/government/press-release-on-march-2015-federal-allocation/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 28, 2017
imhotep:

Which proves the economic dullardism of PMB.
There are myriad countries that don't have crude oil yet have powerful economies.

Because such economies are industrial, while Nigeria is highly resource dependent.

That is why all our governments since independence have not been good economic managers...they hooked our economy up to the prices of the cash crops, minerals and lately oil that we sell....leading to an unstable economy...that is heavily debt ridden.

All PMB needs to do to reverse the trend is to reduce govt spending, remove subsidies, and improve industry supporting infrastructure...and we will become a strong industrial nation in due course.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by spartacus11(m): 10:29am On Nov 28, 2017
Leshyne:
Well, Reno just murdered APC, this is why it's not good to talk too much. Empty barrels made the loudest noise.

APC are busy closing businesses and losing jobs, hunger in the land. All this were caused by reckless economic mgt. and bad policies.

I am not surprised. I still blame Jonathan

Pdp zombie, na vulture egg dey use do u dis dats y u swallow every crap dey dish out to u without asking dem questions

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 28, 2017
9jakohai:

Because such economies are industrial, while Nigeria is highly resource dependent.

That is why all our governments since independence have not been good economic managers...they hooked our economy up to the prices of the cash crops, minerals and lately oil that we sell....leading to an unstable economy...that is heavily debt ridden.

All PMB needs to do to reverse the trend is to reduce govt spending, remove subsidies, and improve industry supporting infrastructure...and we will become a strong industrial nation in due course.

The man is an economic dull@rd

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by smirn(m): 10:29am On Nov 28, 2017
PapaBaby:
It was 200% better.
It's only fools who will agree with GEJ. The economy was good and yet the people deemed it right to send you out of office. The ripple effect of your bad administration is what this government unfortunately inherited. Whether you like it or not before you were shamefully defeated out of office majority of the states couldn't afford to pay worker salary. Fuel price may be N87 but it was not readily available there is no two months without fuel scarcity that lingers for more than it was available forcing people to buy more than N200 per litre. The country got the highest revenue in crude oil export during your useless period in office yet we have nothing to show for it. You sold PHCN to your friends and cronies without any notable improvement in power distribution. You wasted huge tax payers money to organize a national conference knowing fully well you are not ready to implement the recommendation. The country experienced the highest level of corruption and mismanagement in your regime. All the allocations for the purchase of arms and other equipment to fight insurgency was embezzled by you and party with Dasuki sharing the money. It was during your government that the south africa government intercepted billions of naira that you wanted to launder in the name of buying arms. GEJ you are supposed not to be talking instead you sshould be ashamed of yourself. Look at Deziani and other of your ministers that stole Nigeria dry, your sins are too numerous to mention. I wondered why you are not in prison yet. The suffering and poor economy of today is as a result of your clueless and corrupt government.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by spartacus11(m): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2017
9jakohai:

Dey won't understand dis

Just share d money and dey will sing ur praises

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by guru90: 10:31am On Nov 28, 2017
Pesuzok:

my brother... I am not talking about crude oil price... but what I am talking about during GEJ regime things are so cheap..... But Buhari regime so hard on us.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by spartacus11(m): 10:32am On Nov 28, 2017
smirn:

It's only fools who will agree with GEJ. The economy was good and yet the people deemed it right to send you out of office. The ripple effect of your bad administration is what this government unfortunately inherited. Whether you like it or not before you were shamefully defeated out of office majority of the states couldn't afford to pay worker salary. Fuel price may be N87 but it was not readily available there is no two months without fuel scarcity that lingers for more than it was available forcing people to buy more than N200 per litre. The country got the highest revenue in crude oil export during your useless period in office yet we have nothing to show for it. You sold PHCN to your friends and cronies without any notable improvement in power distribution. You wasted huge tax payers money to organize a national conference knowing fully well you are not ready to implement the recommendation. The country experienced the highest level of corruption and mismanagement in your regime. All the allocations for the purchase of arms and other equipment to fight insurgency was embezzled by you and party with Dasuki sharing the money. It was during your government that the south africa government intercepted billions of naira that you wanted to launder in the name of buying arms. GEJ you are supposed not to be talking instead you sshould be ashamed of yourself. Look at Deziani and other of your ministers that stole Nigeria dry, your sins are too numerous to mention. I wondered why you are not in prison yet. The suffering and poor economy of today is as a result of your clueless and corrupt government.

A clear sign those supporting them brain have been turn upside down with vulture egg

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by ocelot2006(m): 10:33am On Nov 28, 2017
laffwitmi:
Wetin this bastard gej dey talk , no be u put us in this recession,? Stupid man

Yeah, believe that crap.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:

A clear sign those supporting them brain have been turn upside down with vulture egg
Vulture egg is not allowing you to see that N160 exchange rate is far better than N360 exchange rate.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by frankwyte: 10:34am On Nov 28, 2017
This argument and reasoning has been canvassed too many times and I asked those canvassing it to support their claim with evidence that GEJ will ruin the economy on his second coming but non could do it. Now imagine the response with evidence! That's what argument is about. Reno, gave word for word. For me as I don't get carried away by this politicians, what I hate in GEJ era was allowing people to dare him to his nose thereby people see him as being too weak and ofcos he was weak otherwise why will he wait till somebody will say remove Waziri, Stella Odua, Former IG ogbonna Onovo et al. A king should be precise and swift in taking decision and send the signal to everyone. Now look at the one constituting itself a demi god; Rotimi Ameachi , who was he b4 now. That's the problem with kings and rulership in this country!
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by guru90: 10:36am On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:

Y will i agree with someone whose brain has be turn upside down with vulture eggs
Pdp sympathizers need to go for deliverance

lolz....... APC killing this nation more and more.... heading to finish Nigeria to Zero level...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by anonimi: 10:38am On Nov 28, 2017
imhotep:
The man is an economic dull@rd

......as demonstrated in his first coming as a military dictator and confirmed by Ebola Owu, one of his main sponsors in 2015 to spite Jonathan for not giving him N3 billion for his presidential library scam project.
Yet some 200 million mumus call the Agbaya of Ota a statesman shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U7aikWNKMU

citizenisb:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says President Muhammadu Buhari may not do well in economy and foreign affairs, except in military matters.

“Buhari is not a very hot person on the economy and foreign affairs,” Obasanjo said.

The former President stated this on Monday at the third International Conference on African Development Issues — themed, “Driving inclusive and sustainable development in Africa: Models, methods and policies” — organised by Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

While reacting to a question posed to him by a member of the audience: “Is there any hope for Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari?”, Obasanjo replied, “Is there any hope for Nigeria under this administration? I came back from Geneva, Switzerland a few days ago to attend a conference titled, ‘Are elections giving democracy a bad name?’ We had an election, we elected a leader and the good thing about democracy is that the power you have to elect a leader is also the power you have to remove him. I am saying this because I said earlier that if you don’t see any leader that has done well in the 56 years of Nigeria’s independence, then let us forget about Nigeria.

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

The former president also said he tried his best in fighting corruption, especially in the recovery of funds looted by the late Gen. Sani Abacha and that as of the time he left the government, about $1bn was still to be recovered.

Obasanjo said, “For me, we have no hope if we have no future. I am an optimist as far as Nigeria is concerned. If somebody doesn’t get it all right for now, we will get somebody who will come up and fix whatever is missing. The administration before this had no clue on how to deal with Boko Haram, there is no doubt about that.

“You may not like the way he (Buhari) is fighting corruption. I fought corruption. We recovered over $1.25bn from Abacha and his men. We didn’t make noise. Also, we recovered £100m and about N30m and those who were helping us, the lawyers and the rest said there was still at least $1bn to be recovered at that time. I put it in my handover notes. But rather than encourage scrupulous persons, we had another spate of corruption.”

Obasanjo added that fighting corruption would not be effective if it did not translate to better life for the citizens.

He said, “Fighting corruption is not a one-day or a one-regime affair. If where we left it, they continued, we would have gone far. For me, the questions are: Is corruption being fought? And if it is being fought, is it being effectively fought? Are we getting the desired results? And if we are getting the desired results, what impact is it having on our society and on our nation?”

Other speakers at the event included Nigeria’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Prof. Joy Ogwu, and the Associate Vice-President, Research, McMaster University, Canada, Prof. Bonny Ibhawoh.

They both said if Africa was to experience any development, leaders must match their words or policies with action.

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/

[img]http://1.bp..com/-sit6eMCbFeI/VSTwSLvM-UI/AAAAAAAAFno/-iVf6eRlodw/s1600/OBJ%2B2.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by spartacus11(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2017
guru90:

my brother... I am not talking about crude oil price... but what I am talking about during GEJ regime things are so cheap..... But Buhari regime so hard on us.....

How much were those things under ya radua

How much were those things under Obasanjo

How much were those things umder Abacha

And what was Nigeria producing umder thise government

Nothing i guess, and dey all depended on oil revenue

Jumbo had d highest oil price, but OBJ saved more dan him

Nigeria foreign reserve now is higher dan d reserve wen jumbo was in power even wen oil price is now low

Contractors jumbo could not pay are now been paid

Wat did he do with our oil money

State could not pay salaries under jumbo despite d increase in oil price

Wen oil price began to fall under jumbo he devalue d naira, since den naira has been on a spiral fall

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by guru90: 10:39am On Nov 28, 2017
imhotep:

Vulture egg is not allowing you to see that N160 exchange rate is far better than N360 exchange rate.

thanks

Brother.....

De guy no dey see clearly.........

Some bloggers have shutdown due to they can't afford 1 dollar 360 naira.....

Buhari regime is so hard abeg.....
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 28, 2017
anonimi:

......as demonstrated in his first coming as a military dictator and confirmed by Ebola Owu, one of his main sponsors in 2015 to spite Jonathan for not giving him N3 billion for his presidential library scam project.
Yet some 200 million mumus call the Agbaya of Ota a statesman shocked

/s1600/jpg[/img]
Too many mumu people floating about

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by spartacus11(m): 10:42am On Nov 28, 2017
guru90:

thanks

Brother.....

If only u know jumbo devalued d naira b4 leaving office and exchange rate was neither 160 naira

U will understand ur brain as been use for sacrifice
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Swaggzkid: 10:42am On Nov 28, 2017
DT IKOYI WHISTLEBLOWER WILL DISAPPEAR ONE DAY...
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 28, 2017
guru90:

thanks

Brother.....

Clearly spartacus11 prefers a N400 exchange rate to N160 exchange rate.

This is the amount of damage that APC has done to peoples brain
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by ocelot2006(m): 10:42am On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:

Jona pdp is a catastrophic failure

I'll rather go for that "catastrophic failure" called GEJ any day than the present COLOSSAL FAILURE & INCOMPETENT WASTE OF SPACE called Buhari. The later is the true definition of DISASTER.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by spartacus11(m): 10:42am On Nov 28, 2017
imhotep:

If only u know jumbo devalued d naira b4 leaving office and exchange rate was neither 160 naira

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Pesuzok(m): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2017
guru90:

What caused it?
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by anonimi: 10:43am On Nov 28, 2017
Pesuzok:

So low that vision-less Bubu said he was going to fix the price, not so
Should you not ask yourself why he was promising all he did in spite of the ALREADY falling oil prices?
Why are you not able to ask that question?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186280_buhari2blaugh1_jpegc35d9ea4e30142f9302718e17f58f220

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:

You deserve the economic hardship.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by Pesuzok(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2017
imhotep:

Please stop beating about the bush

Who is momoh?
Re: Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay by bakynes(m): 10:45am On Nov 28, 2017
guru90:
Don't forget before Jonathan left Power, it increased to 200-210 per dollar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Companies Linked To Tinubu, Ambode’s Aide To Collect Land Use Charge / Anambra Guber: INEC publishes List Of Candidates, Soludo, Ozigbo Absent / Defection: Ben Ayade To Know Fate On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.