Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines (18890 Views)

‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe / Nigerians, Do U Want Nigeria Split Into Two Halfs Or United?? / Should Nigeria Split Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Onlytruth(m): 7:08am On Mar 30, 2010
^^^

I think your position may be true about Gadaffi's intents, but I also know smaller African countries which can keep the Libyans off if need be. Nigeria's size is part of the problem. It's like saying you have this big muscular he-goat in your farm's pen but he is not able to impregnate any female goats. Wouldn't you prefer a smaller he-goat which is virile and fertile to a big infertile bull? Give me something that works, I don't care about size for now. We can talk about size later.
If Nigeria is as strong as you think, the Libyan leader would not dare make such statements.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ODIBABA1: 7:08am On Mar 30, 2010
Nigeria is a rogue state without character. There is this family friend, a catholic nun who always argues with my wife how wonderful Nigeria was until her last visit; she lost a family member, a catholic priest to odinary infection. She could'nt believe it happened just like that, like  fairy tale! she complianed of not having ambulance and things like impassable roads and people insensitivity.  Well, my reaction was baleted smile!
The last contibutor was right, who said we should stop bein neighbours? we may even come together again as an entity, why not! Europe fought wars, get saparated and then decided and agreed to come together as a union again. We may achieve unity but only  when freedom is finally taken and each group decides of what is good for them. Self determination is the answer and solution to the  Nigeria problem.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Giorgio: 7:14am On Mar 30, 2010
remember that this same man said that switzerland should divide among germany, italy and france. if that is his solution to everything i think we should say no thank you amd move on.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Onlytruth(m): 7:20am On Mar 30, 2010
Giorgio:

remember that this same man said that switzerland should divide among germany, italy and france. if that is his solution to everything i think we should say no thank you amd move on.

Ok, did you notice he talked about a small country -Switzerland? What can the Swiss do to Gadaffi or Libya? Why didn't he ask the Spaniards to divide up into Catalan, Basque and other nations?
He can't say that because Spain is a successful and strong country.
You cannot put something on top of nothing. We have not built a country in Nigeria for 50 years. Which is why Gaddaffi is divvying up Nigeria according to his whims.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ODIBABA1: 7:39am On Mar 30, 2010
The so called Nigeria leaders are bunch of recycled imbeciles with heavy cheeks and pot bellies. They never got tired of looting the public treasure. Col Gaddaffi is hundred fold betters than any of the idiots. David Mark was the same idiot that told Nigerians telephone was not for the poor as the country's communication minister during Babangida abracadabra government; today, he is senate president. Nigeria, giant of Africa!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Onlytruth(m): 7:59am On Mar 30, 2010
ODI_BABA:

The so called Nigeria leaders are bunch of recycled imbeciles with heavy cheeks and pot bellies. They never got tired of looting the public treasure. Col Gaddaffi is hundred fold betters than any of the idiots. David Mark was the same idiot that told Nigerians telephone was not for the poor as the country's communication minister during Babangida abracadabra government; today, he is senate president. Nigeria, gi[size=16pt]ant[/size] of Africa!

More like it!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ADint(m): 10:02am On Mar 30, 2010
I guess when Gaddafi sees things like this below he gets really, really 'mad' ,

“Call us crazy, but when we look at Africa we believe this will be the fastest growing part of the world,” said Jennings. “We believe that the highest investment returns . . . will be from this part of the world over the next 20 years.”

Jennings, who co-headed Credit Suisse First Boston’s investment banking operations in Russia in the early 1990s, is particularly optimistic about the prospects of Nigeria.

“We see Nigeria as a new Russia or Brazil in terms of the size you can get to. We wouldn’t be shocked to see [trading volumes] at the rate they have done in Russia,” he said.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9659:russian-bank-nears-brokerages-deals-in-push-to-dominate-africa-&catid=85:national&Itemid=340
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by tpiah: 10:05am On Mar 30, 2010
I hope all the people praising gadaffi will still do the same when he releases his libyan trained Nigerian assassins on you, the general populace, as well as the leaders you think he's criticizing on your behalf.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Dominoifet(m): 11:25am On Mar 30, 2010
@tpiah:I hope all the people praising gadaffi will still do the same when he releases his libyan trained Nigerian assassins on you, the general populace, as well as the leaders you think he's criticizing on your behalf.

He must really b mad and b on a pogrom so that the geographical Nigeria will b his fathers property abi?!!!

Why did u have to come up with this what r his benefits?
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Pk001(m): 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2010
Why are we even debating what Gadaffi said! Even if what he said looks good, for the fact that it coming from the mouth of selfish and wicked man like him makes it unacceptable and useless.
To be frank I honestly don't believe that dividing the country into different ethnic or religious group is the Solution to our Problem.
Take Niger Delta for instance, Bayelsa state has about 100 plus First class chiefs while rivers state has about 25 first class chiefs. Each minor group wants to create its own independence from the others. Even families wants to have their own chiefs. So if for instance Niger Delta breaks from the rest of the country, there will still be smaller break up within the Niger delta till everybody is a chief in his own house.

I strongly believe that each ethnic group will still survive if we break up, but that isn't the best for our country. The unity of Nigeria speaks alot about strength so lets make it work as it is working in other countries. Na my opinion be that oo!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by GrayBeard: 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
We need to consider the message and not the messenger.

Nigeria is a Lie.

This has been proven time without number. Sectarian killings and fiscal injustice are the ingredients that will eventually lead to the death of the Nigerian hoax.

Change is inescapable in such volatile circumstances. The Hausa Fulani North are far too different in mindset from the generality of the South.

Nigeria is unworkable. A Republic of Southern Nigeria is feasible: A republic of Northern Nigeria would exist in peace with Abuja as Capital.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by edoyad(m): 3:19pm On Mar 30, 2010
Breaking Nigeria into atleast seven different countries is the most workable option. A referendum will be held to decide which communities will belong where, this is particularly for border communities. So for example people in lagos cannot vote to want to belong to a country that'll be located in south east region cos it's not rational.

1 Like

Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Litmus: 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2010

Eziachi

Stop living in your fool’s paradise, just like your useless rulers.  All these conspiracy theory that the Libyan leader is jealous of Nigeria, how he wants to annexed Nigeria as if they have even a common boundary, when he can  annex a more closer and bigger Mauritania if he so wishes.
How can an average Libyan be jealous of a Nigerian? When desperate Nigerians are now their house cleaners, maids, gardeners etc. There is never a month that passes without that Arab nation deporting thousands of Nigeria desperate to stay in their country to do any menial job to survive.

Despite living in the midst of desert, still Libyan is self sufficient in food production, their living standard and per capita income is better than Nigerians are. Now, Libyan is constructing the biggest water project the world had ever seen costing billions of Dollars. Get real people about the Libyan leader being jealous of Nigeria.

That Gadafi should not to be taken seriously is such a no-brainer I aint even going to bother, I’m just going to cut and paste nasty stuff written about he an his country on the internet as is done with Nigeria by many posters on this forum.

Libya’s economic freedom score is 40.2, making its economy the 173rd freest in the 2010 Index. Its score has decreased by 3.3 points, reflecting declines in four of the 10 economic freedoms. Libya is ranked last out of 17 countries in the Middle East/North Africa region, and its overall score is well below the world and regional averages.

Libya’s economic institutions remain poor and prevent dynamic entrepreneurial activity. Much-needed reforms in recent years have included the complete elimination of tariffs, but overall progress toward improving regulation and diversifying the economy has been marginal. The government remains the largest source of employment and dominates the energy sector.

The business and investment environments remain heavily encumbered by the strong state presence in many economic activities. The investment climate is uncertain, weakened by the risk of nationalization. Corruption is widespread, and fair adjudication of property rights is not guaranteed. Inefficient management of resource allocations results in market distortions and shortages of basic goods. Privatization, especially in banking, has been implemented slowly, and institutional resistance remains strong.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Eziachi: 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2010
If One Nigeria is so special to you and your leaders, why did you hand over a big chunk of one Nigeria to the Cameroonians?
How much did you fight to keep Bakassi in one Nigeria?  How much did you demonstrate to show zeal and patriotism toward a united one Nigeria?
And you busy pissing yourselves that Ghaddafi is jealous of Nigeria or wants annex you, while you doing that by yourself with Bakassi people.
Israel is ready to go to war rather than to hand over East Jerusalem to the Palestinians, irrespective of the fact that East Jerusalem, by international law a future capital of a Palestinian state.  
All those that handed Bakassi people over to Cameroon against their will without any noise made to fight for them, has lost all moral right about their hypocritical patriotism of One Nigeria. Simple!

It is not the size of a nation that determines its strength and value. If judged on size, Britain or England would have been a pauper nation. Sweden is smaller than Ekiti state but that had given the world- Volvo-Boeing Aircraft Engine-Saab-Ericsson Brand. What has giant sized Nigeria given to the world most recently? Mutallab the pant bomber.

1 Like

Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Eziachi: 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2010
Litmus:

Libya’s economic freedom score is 40.2, making its economy the 173rd freest in the 2010 Index. Its score has decreased by 3.3 points, reflecting declines in four of the 10 economic freedoms. Libya is ranked last out of 17 countries in the Middle East/North Africa region, and its overall score is well below the world and regional averages.

Libya’s economic institutions remain poor and prevent dynamic entrepreneurial activity. Much-needed reforms in recent years have included the complete elimination of tariffs, but overall progress toward improving regulation and diversifying the economy has been marginal. The government remains the largest source of employment and dominates the energy sector.

The business and investment environments remain heavily encumbered by the strong state presence in many economic activities. The investment climate is uncertain, weakened by the risk of nationalization. Corruption is widespread, and fair adjudication of property rights is not guaranteed. Inefficient management of resource allocations results in market distortions and shortages of basic goods. Privatization, especially in banking, has been implemented slowly, and institutional resistance remains strong.

You have confirmed that known fact that people often behave like their leaders after years of brainwash. Your grammatical/data index nonsense sound like your blind rulers. Go to your village and tell the unemployed graduates turned kidnappers and armed robbers about your big nonsensical grammatical index about Libya. Or go and tell that to your fellow Nigerians dying in the scorching heat of the Libyan Desert desperate to reach Libya for a better life and many as we speak is forcefully deported from Libya.
As I said before, I don’t live in a fool’s paradise like you, I believe in reality, not your big grammar index that means nothing in terms of garri on the table. An average Libyan is not in London washing toilet and seeking asylum, Nigeria is now the third asylum seeking nation behind the likes of Afgans and Somalis. That is a fact and not your self important fantasies.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Litmus: 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2010
Qaddafi the mad grin grin

For a leader who had sent death squads after Libyans actively opposed to his regime and had imprisoned hundreds of Libyans at home, Qaddafi has lost every moral right and lacks the locus standi to advocate for peace and democracy in anywhere. He is asking for what he is not willing to do. Qaddafi has responded to domestic and external oppositions with brutish violence. His revolutionary committees called for the assassination of Libyan dissidents living abroad in April 1980, with Libyan hit squads sent abroad to murder them. On April 26, 1980, Gaddafi set a deadline of June 11, 1980, for dissidents to return home or be "in the hands of the revolutionary committees". That same year, nine Libyans were murdered with five of them in Italy. A website, actively seeking his overthrow, was set up in 2006 and lists 343 victims of murder and political assassination. Also the Libyan League for Human Rights (LLHR), based in Geneva, has called on Qaddafi to set up an independent inquiry into the February 2006 unrest in Benghazi in which some 30 Libyans and foreigners were killed. A prominent Libyan dissident Fathi Eljahmi has been imprisoned since 2002 for calling for increased democratization in Libya. Qaddafi's resume reads like Dennis the Menace storyline.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by smooooooth: 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2010
apologise for wat? for telling nigerians the truth. abeg make una go die jor!!!!!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by paddylo1(m): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2010
This guy is a hypocrite a stinky Arab and most of the time he is high on heroin.
He doesn't say that about Arab countries.
Iraq(Shia , Sunni and Kurd republics), Lebanon(Christians, Sunnis and Shia republics) Sudan.
These countries have waaaay more problems than Nigeria will ever have

How come Nigerians cant see beyond their noses?
Kaddaffi is now your hero?

a bloody fool that caused genocide of kids and women in sierra leone and liberia?
He cares nothing for black people,

Nigeria is better,united,strong and is a threat to these so-called arab countries of north africa
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by harakiri(m): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2010
Even if Nigeria splits into a million states, there will still be chaos.The people of this nation are too greedy to allow progress.There are some under dogs that would love to see Nigeria split so that they can move in and take absolute control of resources. . .after all, that's what they care about. . .money! ! !
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by sulad82i(m): 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
I don't think the guy needs  to apologize.
All I read from his statement was his honest opinion.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Edandy(m): 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2010
We know our problems, Religion sentiments is the least of these problems. We will not allow unfinished product to cast shadow on our rising sun,
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Meldrick(m): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2010
Eziachi:

If One Nigeria is so special to you and your leaders, why did you hand over a big chunk of one Nigeria to the Cameroonians?
How much did you fight to keep Bakassi in one Nigeria?  How much did you demonstrate to show zeal and patriotism toward a united one Nigeria?
And you busy pissing yourselves that Ghaddafi is jealous of Nigeria or wants annex you, while you doing that by yourself with Bakassi people.
Israel is ready to go to war rather than to hand over East Jerusalem to the Palestinians, irrespective of the fact that East Jerusalem, by international law a future capital of a Palestinian state. 
All those that handed Bakassi people over to Cameroon against their will without any noise made to fight for them, has lost all moral right about their hypocritical patriotism of One Nigeria. Simple!

It is not the size of a nation that determines its strength and value. If judged on size, Britain or England would have been a pauper nation. Sweden is smaller than Ekiti state but that had given the world- Volvo-Boeing Aircraft Engine-Saab-Ericsson Brand. What has giant sized Nigeria given to the world most recently? Mutallab the pant bomber.

What is your point?
Nigeria should have gone to war over Bakassi. At least you should have started the war on your own end. Even you idol Ojukwu won't advocate war in that scenario.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Eziachi: 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2010
Meldrick:

What is your point?
Nigeria should have gone to war over Bakassi. At least you should have started the war on your own end. Even you idol Ojukwu won't advocate war in that scenario.

You knew what my point is, unless you are wicked or just brainless.
If you are from Bakassi, I am sure you will be asking me what my point is? You personalize what Nigeria represents, turn a blind eyes as long as it is not me and my surrounding.

I am not advocating for arm conflict, not every fight inlvoves machine guns and bombs. But having said that, Serious nations has gone to wars because of one of their citizens, in your case you handed thousands of your ancesteral people/land like a ball of akara beans to another VERY small nation called Cameroon and you are still the giant of Africa and turn around without shame and claim one indivicible Nigeria. That is my point.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by totorimi: 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
Who is afraid of breakup. If the North, South West, South South, South East and Middle Belt are not afraid to break let us meet each other on a round table and have a gentleman agreement to part ways peacefully. Shake hands and say it was nice working with you bye for now, simple no wahala. Everybody to your country
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by sammytb(m): 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2010
Nigerians are not begging to be splited, So y should some crazy old fool scum start clamouring 4 a split, abeg let the man go an die jo, !
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by tkb417(m): 6:25pm On Mar 30, 2010
So how come we speak with one voice as Niger Delta? Mind your own side of the country and stop trying to discuss other people problems which you are clearly ignorant of. Mind your own village abeg!
u must have been living in kuala lumpur when the ijaws were at daggers drawn with the other tribes

speak with one voice? when and how?
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ogbronx(m): 6:26pm On Mar 30, 2010
@prettyG.you are simply a MUMU!i rest my case with this naija wahala.naija does not have patriots and can burn to hell for all i care.Bullshit nation with Bullshit citizens and nonsense nation building.I wish Fela were alive.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by SapeleGuy: 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2010
Nigeria, accept true federalism or you will continue to face problems.

It is shameful that these  'patriots' who are abusing Ghaddafi are completely silent on Bakassi. By this singular example you have shown yourselves to be self centred hypocrites. If we truly believe in Nigeria then no inch of territory should be surrendered.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by tkb417(m): 6:31pm On Mar 30, 2010
hehehehe
someone wants us to break up?

what does he know about Nigeria? and how will the break up affect his country positively?

oh oh, he is not comfortable with our numerical strength and inherent opportunities that goes with the size

he is a dumb ass pillock
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Meldrick(m): 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2010
Eziachi:

You knew what my point is, unless you are wicked or just brainless.
If you are from Bakassi, I am sure you will be asking me what my point is? You personalize what Nigeria represents, turn a blind eyes as long as it is not me and my surrounding.

I am not advocating for arm conflict, not every fight inlvoves machine guns and bombs. But having said that, Serious nations has gone to wars because of one of their citizens, in your case you handed thousands of your ancesteral people/land like a ball of akara beans to another VERY small nation called Cameroon and you are still the giant of Africa and turn around without shame and claim one indivicible Nigeria. That is my point.

Eziachi, I expected a brilliant response but I'm dissapointed now let me educate you on on what players in the international community consider before making hasty decisions like the one you are advocating for?

What are their gains and what do they tend to lose? Of course if the loses outweigh the gains they halt.
They will also consider those who might be behind a country like that Cameroon you called small.
Nigeria as a member of the UN cannot forcefully turn down the decision of ICJ because you should be sure bigger nations like America, France and ur colonial masters Britain will not allow you chase out Cameroon against the ICJ decision.

You can't be wiser or more brutal than the General, Obasanjo but he understands diplomacy and realizes the fact that Africa is the centre piece of Nigeria's foreign policy. For this he displayed maturity and avoided the inevitable like a harsher and tougher version of what happened in 1967 - 1970. (Of course you will not forget in a hurry)
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by SapeleGuy: 6:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
^^^The point is we should not have gone to the ICJ in the first place, This is why sensible and strong nations refuse to be bound by their wayo rulings in the first place.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by GAR3TH(m): 6:42pm On Mar 30, 2010
in that case, citing from what other people and gadaffi said, then the whole of africa should split up along ethnic lines. infact south american counties should also split along ethnic lines. the middle east and asia also. point is nigeria has the same problems as many african countries, we are not alone. we have the same problems as some central-south american, middleastern, and asian countries.

if breaking up was the answer so why dont we see it happen often?

and if so what problem does it solve     nothing

how will it split north vs south or tribal spliting?

and dont give me some bullshit answer or any wikipedia citing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Describe Goodluck Jonathan In One Word / Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola / Mob Beat Up INEC Driver For ‘Diverting’ Election Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.