Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,969 members, 7,821,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines (18888 Views)

‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe / Nigerians, Do U Want Nigeria Split Into Two Halfs Or United?? / Should Nigeria Split Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by calyx: 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2010
prettyG:

as a matter of fact the WORST country on god's green earth, Somalia, IS to all intents and purposes ethnically and religiously homogeneous. So the madman's theory goes out of the window. His own Libya has four ethnic groups. That will be easier to split than Nigeria's 389. Let us split Libya.

I do not really know what your problem. You clearly seem to be the only person that doesnt acknowledge Nigeria is probably never going to work. Nigeria has failed to work!!!!! simple.

What do I think? Division of the country even if it means to 1000 different ethinic sects is way to go. . .maybe second to genuine federated system with complete resource control.

I am not Niger Delta sorryI be Igbo boy
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by prettyG: 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2010
Beaf:

Who is "they"? Did that fight that "they" where engaged in scuttle true federalism?
So what if an Evreni traditional ruler lost his life? Is that the reason why Nigeria shouldn't either practice true federalism or split.

Go and take panadol, you're mentally tired.

I thought you said Niger Delta speaks with one voice? I may be mentally tired maybe but you are an intellectual non-starter. Run along to tribalism. Your friends are there. Anu ohia.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Beaf: 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2010
^
Yes I said we speak with one voice.

Take the panadol and mind your own village. grin
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by prettyG: 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2010
calyx:

I do not really know what your problem. You clearly seem to be the only person that doesnt acknowledge Nigeria is probably never going to work. Nigeria has failed to work!!!!! simple.

What do I think? Division of the country even if it means to 1000 different ethinic sects is way to go. . .maybe second to genuine federated system with complete resource control.

I am not Niger Delta sorryI be Igbo boy

I am also Igbo.

Division of the country will not solve the problem but rather will escalate the problem. A friend of mine wrote an article about it and I totally agree.

P.S I never said it is well with Nigeria. That will reduce me to a dreamer like beaf and the rest of his ilk.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by prettyG: 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2010
Beaf:

^
Yes I said we speak with one voice.

Take the panadol and mind your own village. grin

I come from a township unlike you that comes from a creek.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by calyx: 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2010
Yea, maybe Gadaffi is not a madman afterall. . .
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Beaf: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2010
prettyG:

I come from a township unlike you that comes from a creek.

. . .The child oracle knoweth all and speaketh rubbish! grin grin grin grin

prettyG:

I am also Igbo.

Division of the country will not solve the problem but rather will escalate the problem. A friend of mine wrote an article about it and I totally agree.

P.S I never said it is well with Nigeria. That will reduce me to a dreamer like beaf and the rest of his ilk.

Why are you so concerned about other people? Or is it really that you fear your village is too corrupt or the people are too lazy? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by FrankC3: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2010
But why is one ethnic group the most vocal in both condemning Nigeria's present situation as well as a radical change all at the same time?
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by chosen04(f): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2010
prettyG:

Give us the examples of when they told those things to the people of the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia or for ever be known as a liar.

Why should i give this dumber an example of when they told those the people of soviet union and others to division will not solve their problems?

Were you not there when all the propoganda to kill the drive to split the country were on-going? just like its in nigeria 2day?

I used to think there was a thin line b/w being dumb and a liar!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Sunofgod(m): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2010
Becomrich - Will You Forward 'Nigeria Split Maps' Quick Quick For Illustration Purposes Only.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2010
calyx:

Division of the country even if it means to 1000 different ethinic sects is way to go. . .

You speak like a silly little boy who wants to break things because he does not get his own way.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by wales(m): 4:57pm On Mar 29, 2010
Libyan Leader, Muammar GaddafiLibyan Leader Muammar Gaddafi appears to be relentless in his controversial comments about the sovereign status of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. At the closing session of the Arab League Summit, Gaddafi who had controversially suggested that Nigeria split along religious lines between Christianity and Islam is now proposing that the country should be carved into many ethnic states. Libya’s Jana News Agency quotes Mr. Gaddafi as saying that Nigeria’s problems can’t be resolved by dividing the country into two states, but like the former Yugoslavia, Nigeria comprises other populations who want independence without religious considerations.

He went on to say that the model that best fits Nigeria, which comprises many ethnic groups, is Yugoslavia, which was divided into six countries, including Kosovo whose independence has not been unanimously recognised.

The Libyan leader’s comment earlier this month that Nigeria be split between the Christian and Muslim communities to end its sectarian violence received scathing reactions from a cross section like the Senate President, David Mark who described the Libyan leader as a “mad man”.

Gaddafi’s comments are coming on the heels of the recent crisis brewing in the northern Plateau- Jos, which claimed many innocent lives, especially women and children.

The rising tide of crisis in the northern states has given rise to many other violent outbursts, which has raised concern locally and internationally, hence, Gaddafi’s suggestions.

The federal government has placed Plateau State on a “Red Alert”, thereby deploying the military and the Joint Task Force (JTF) into the state to curb and prevent any other violent upsurges in the state.

Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by SapeleGuy: 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2010
The truth is  a bitter pill that we must swallow if we want to get well soon. NIGERIA IS NOT WORKING!!!!

We can not repair our country if we continue to bury our heads in the sand.

Ghadaffi has spoken well, the same way Eyo Ita, Mbonu Ojike, Adaka Boro and latterly Ojukwu also knew that 1 Nigeria wasn't working.

Don't shoot the bearer of bad news.

1 Like

Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Sunofgod(m): 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2010
He is only suggesting common sense,

Nigeria is like a couple in a loveless,sexless and fruitless marriage.

In such a situation - What's the point of remaining together?

A divorce is the best option!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by deor03(m): 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2010
O la la la grin grin grin,

Prove him wrong then?
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by chosen04(f): 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2010
prettyG:

I am also Igbo.

Dumb boy, I seriously doubt the bolded!

I doubt if u can be igbo and still want to remain in same country with those gworo chewing blood thirsty killers who will eliminate anything Igbo cos of a cartoon drawn in far away Dernmark. Or are you waiting till your loved ones are eliminated before you understand?
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ebonysmoot(f): 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2010
Gaddafi pls we do not ask for the opinion of a tainted dictator.

If Nigeria wants to divide i sure know we will know how to go about it.

So Mr TATAFO  face ur business
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ebonysmoot(f): 5:11pm On Mar 29, 2010
[table]Dumb boy, I seriously doubt the bolded!

I doubt if u can be igbo and still want to remain in same country with those gworo chewing blood thirsty killers who will eliminate anything Igbo cos of a cartoon drawn in far away Dernmark. Or are you waiting till your loved ones are eliminated before you understand?[/table]

LWKMD grin grin grin grin
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
Trying to be Politically Correct in Nigeria is going to ruin this country faster than any other factor.

Wishing a problem away as if it not there will no make the problem disappear.

Call a SNC or whatever name, they will read meaning to it, ammend the constitution properly, na wahala.

Someone trying to tell you what you dislike sometimes may be a better friend than someone telling you what you like.

By the way who is afraid of a split country?
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2010
Sun of god:

He is only suggesting common sense,

In such a situation - What's the point of remaining together?

!

Because in this case the "common" sense of some disgruntled elements in Nigeria is also pretty daft.
Collective unity is better than division.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Beaf: 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2010
tensor777:

Because in this case the "common" sense of some disgruntled elements in Nigeria is also pretty daft.
Collective unity is better than division.

What is to be gained from a united Nigeria? Jos crisis? Boko Haram? ND problems? Cabals? Laziness? Poverty and underdevelopment? Senators with bigger salaries than the US President? What? Shoot to kill police? angry
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ziga: 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2010
It doesn't matter to me how many pieces Nigeria is broken up into. There are many small countries in the world.

But if dividing is not targeting and removing the cause of our problems, then why are we wasting our time.

I still have not seen how dividing will remove the problems we face or how it will make Nigerians less corrupt and hypocritical.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by SapeleGuy: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2010
ilugunboy:

Trying to be Politically Correct in Nigeria is going to ruin this country faster than any other factor.

Wishing a problem away as if it not there will no make the problem disappear.

Call a SNC or whatever name, they will read meaning to it, ammend the constitution properly, na wahala.

Someone trying to tell you what you dislike sometimes may be a  better friend than someone telling you what you like.

By the way who is afraid of a split country?

Have two guesses.

These are the same people that predict world war 3 in the event of decentralisation in Nigeria but they forget that there was no war when Bakassi with all its oil reserves was meekly surrendered not even a whimper.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Beaf: 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2010
ziga:

It doesn't matter to me how many pieces Nigeria is broken up into. There are many small countries in the world.

But if dividing is not targeting and removing the cause of our problems, then why are we wasting our time.

I still have not seen how dividing will remove the problems we face or how it will make Nigerians less corrupt and hypocritical.

The heart of the matter is that Nigeria is built for corruption, it is built solely for dividing easy money. Read post at this link and let your jaw drop, you will find that on researching, the figures mentioned are real; https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-276078.0.html#msg3918895
Divide the country and you have cured 99% of the problem for all resulting countries.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by smile4kenn(m): 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2010
In the twenty first century when developing countries are full of activity to attain their 2020 dream, one country is busy having inter-religious battles. Gaddaffi should be thanked for reminding us where our ship is sailing to. The country I pledged to everyday while in primary and secondary school is obviously cruising to disintegration. They are tired of waiting for their own share of the bleeding oil. Drive through the streets of Lagos, everyone is becoming entrepreneurs either on petite or huge size. They are beginning to realize that the population is a greater asset than the deceptive oil. They create their own government. They would run their own water supply either by digging up a well or buying waters. They would generate electricity from a willful noisy machine. The young minds now make good music to at least send a positive message.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by solokay(m): 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2010
Even though gadaffi have no right telling another country to break up but i cant stop feeling that it might actualy benefit us if we can peacefully break into 3 states. Right now nigeria just does not seem viable.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by bilymuse: 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2010
At least , this is better than last time, Qaddafi just undergo a crash course in Nigeria history
That guy urgently require a psychiatric treatment
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Dominoifet(m): 5:53pm On Mar 29, 2010
There is nothing wrong with someone appropriately refocusing his views after studying and having an after-thought. Ghaddafi just got his home run perfectly. Good madness!!!

@chosen04:
There is something you can never take away from "Mad man & village drunkards"-- They are full of wisdom. Their wisdom makes them to always hit the nail on the head-no matter whose ox is gored

May God Bless Ghaddafi

Right there!!!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2010
solokay:

Even though gadaffi have no right telling another country to break up but i cant stop feeling that it might actualy benefit us if we can peacefully break into 3 states. Right now nigeria just does not seem viable.

There will never be a break-up of Nigeria peaceful or otherwise. So the sooner you stop listening to the ravings of a supposed lunatic the better it would be for you wherever you are.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by prettyG: 6:49pm On Mar 29, 2010
http://akin.blog-city.com/nigeria_stand_up_for_nigeria.htm

Not to be dignified

When that mendicant from Libya first suggested Nigeria split up, I considered it beneath me to dignify his rant with an opinion, having never equivocated about the entity of Nigeria or the identity of Nigerian, I could not be perturbed.

However, this new atrocity of a comment from Muammar Gaddafi [1] requires a comprehensive put-down but better still it is that one opportunity for true Nigerians to stand up for their country in purpose, in unity and in truth.

Feeling the whole of Nigeria

I do wish I had lived all around Nigeria, I only lived in the North and the SouthWest, but I do speak two of the three major indigenous languages of Nigeria.

My mother was born in the SouthWest, grew up in the North before travelling out for studies and returned to the North afterwards, she however speaks the three indigenous languages even though she learnt the third without having first visited that region.

She can well pass for an indigene in any of those places for are command of the language and her understanding of nuances of those tongues.

I remember my father struggling with his Hausa lessons, he really did not need to speak Hausa but the sense of Nigerian in him lead to his desire to integrate.

The great Nigeria

But Nigeria as a whole is a wonderful place, a country of 150 million people, maybe 250 tribes and just as many nations but with a common purpose and identity of which we must all be proud and be ready to defend.

If no one has yet seen the evil, despicable and Machiavellian notion of Colonel Gaddafi, review once again his absurd suggestion.

Nigeria should split along ethnic lines, if Nigeria really had clear-cut ethnic lines there might be a second to consider it, but to then give the example of the Yugoslavian split, it sends a clear message of a deep felt hatred for everyone who boldly declares their Nigerian pride.

Working this Nigeria

I would have welcomed the peace of a Czechoslovakian split, but Yugoslavia is one of bloodshed, sectarian violence, war, genocide and backwardness in comparison to ones neighbours.

Obviously, we have to find ways to accentuate the things that make us uniquely and wonderfully Nigerians whilst we in unity militate against those things that divide us and take us away from the common purpose and desire of a great fatherland, great to us and great also in Africa.

There is no clamour of self-determination in our country what we seek is equity, justice, fairness and peace with all the abundant resources of our rich country used to the welfare and development of our people by honest, courageous and visionary leaders.

This is the time to ask yourself if you are really Nigerian or someone seeking an unviable fiefdom with speculations of Utopia that do not exist.

The country we have

For 96 years, we have had the entity called Nigeria, whilst it was handed to us by colonial masters, we have run this country for 49 of those years, very few of the countries of colonial progeny that have split up in Africa have ever done so peacefully.

Nigerians need to rise above the religiosity and primitive clannish tendencies to the promise of a worthwhile commitment to a place called Nigeria.

We inter-marry along all sorts of lines, religious, ethnic, tribal, ideological and what else we have one pledge, one anthem and one identity – it is Nigerian.

Any division would definitely lead to abnormal divisions which in very much like a cancerous growth which eventually kills the host – you can begin to kill Nigeria and watch it die or starve this travesty of an utterance of oxygen and watch Nigeria rise.

You can however allow a Libyan dictator to take away your right to be a Nigerian, but for me, all men would have departed the earth before Nigeria is no more.

My fellow compatriots – Stand Up for Nigeria.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by calyx: 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2010
tensor777:

You speak like a silly little boy who wants to break things because he does not get his own way.

It is very silly that you could only read the literal implication of this statement. Please grow up!!!!!!

You may need to know the opinions of majority of Nigerians on this subject matter and yes opinions count! it may only be a question of time.

I see some people are very desperately hiding under the umbrella of this joke called Nigeria to continue the perpetration of their rapacity and lowlessness. Talk about inferiority complex!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 29, 2010
Beaf:

What is to be gained from a united Nigeria? Jos crisis? Boko Haram? ND problems? Cabals? Laziness? Poverty and underdevelopment? Senators with bigger salaries than the US President? What? Shoot to kill police? angry
so do you mean that countries that are bigger than nigeria dont have their own story to tell.just this morning,a rebel group in chechenya attacked moscow just because they wanted independent from russia.remember the russia and georgian war of 2004 over this same issue.dalai lama and chinese secession saga is still pending,the darfur crisis and last year,texas threatened to breakaway from thr united state.we cant count on and on but the problem of secession is not peculiar to nigeria alone,so stop all these aggressive inciteful campaign against oneness of nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure / Youths Will Get 40 Percent Cabinet Appointments In My Govt – Atiku / #osundecides: APC Candidate, Gheyega Oyetola Casts His Vote (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.